Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2015 2:35 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
This show looks good. And the girls are really cute especially little ojousama. <3 Even Shirohime is adorable. xD
Oct 1, 2015 2:38 PM

May 2014
Haven't dropped a show this fast 5 minutes that's all it took. Good show for all dem pedos doe
Oct 1, 2015 2:43 PM

Mar 2014
Cute episode. I don't know if the show is any good, but the music was pretty nice.
Zanos1Oct 1, 2015 2:49 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 1, 2015 2:48 PM

Aug 2015
Decent start, Yotaro seems like a fair protagonist but also kinda bland, decent comedy I think.Animation was meh.Absolutely loved the OP and the OST used, I'm really sceptical about amny aspects but I''ll definetly going to keep an eye on this anime at least for the next two episodes.
AcceltoineOct 1, 2015 5:52 PM
Oct 1, 2015 2:54 PM

Sep 2014
I really like the soundtrack.
Oct 1, 2015 2:58 PM

Jun 2015
Drop
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2015 3:18 PM

Apr 2014

Oct 1, 2015 3:18 PM

Jun 2014
OMG this was soooo cute! Makio is definitely going to be the reason I keep watching this anime, she is so adorable! The horse girl is pretty interesting too!

Love how Youtarou calls what he does "White Knight Syndrome", when he happens to actually be a member of the Knights of the World!

Also like the fact that this takes place in the 21st century but all the main characters dress like the belong in a fantasy novel.

Unless this takes some drastic turn, I think I'm going to enjoy this one!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 1, 2015 3:22 PM

Nov 2014
i give it a 4 out of 10
very bad start to the great fall season tbh
that art just kills everthying for me , and there wasnt even a single character that i like it .
https://i.gyazo.com/d47ba7b82a0ddc2d91e76b6924e68a37.jpg
this image just explain everthying
Stop the meaningless talk
Oct 1, 2015 3:29 PM

Sep 2015
An anime about a-7-yr-old-but-not-really-mask-wearing-knight.

Oct 1, 2015 3:31 PM

Jul 2009
I don't know what I could have possibly expected -.- Why must they create shows that lack logical, common sense. WHY????
Oct 1, 2015 3:39 PM

Aug 2014
Lolis, I am in Loli heaven!!!!! *Foam appears in the mouth* ----*Faints*

On a side note, Good animation and a very good soundtrack.. it seems interesting

Pretty good Fall 2015 Season Opener!!
Oct 1, 2015 3:40 PM

Oct 2014
This was simply bad... like wow.

Production values- Bleh (Nice OP and ED though)

Main character- Bleh

Setting/Premise- Not innately interesting or captivating in any way.

Comedy- Bland and uninspiring

Cute 6 year old I guess, but I got nothing else from this show.
D3pthChargeOct 1, 2015 5:22 PM
Oct 1, 2015 3:42 PM

Apr 2009
Appalling. Anyone enjoying the MC, soundtrack, or any other constituent of this show must have either seen less than 5 fantasy anime (to not recognize the patterns and cliches), or is incapable of discerning the bad from the decent.

This show falls flat. And no, it's not a matter of tastes and preferences - there's no justification for enjoying this abomination. It's impartially terrible.

Oct 1, 2015 3:43 PM

Mar 2013
Well thats the frist drop of the new season, really bland and cringe worthy.

Oct 1, 2015 3:48 PM

Aug 2014
Damn, one episode and everyone drops it..

That is what I call little spoiled assholes/bitches..

Go by the 3 episode anime rule, it may not have a good opening episode, but it may have a good middle story or a great ending like some other animes that started slowly..

All I am saying is that I have seen far more worse first episode openers and in the end, it turned out to be great series
Oct 1, 2015 3:51 PM

Mar 2013
ElectricRed said:

Go by the 3 episode anime rule, it may not have a good opening episode, but it may have a good middle story or a great ending like some other animes that started slowly..

All I am saying is that I have seen far more worse first episode openers and in the end, it turned out to be great series

I've seen worse but that doesn't excuse this bland crap.

Oct 1, 2015 3:57 PM

Sep 2014
A very underwhelming start to the series and the fall season, in my opinion. I had extremely low expectations of this from the start, so I guess I avoided getting burned there.

I'll stick with it for three episodes, at least.
Oct 1, 2015 4:00 PM

Jan 2012
drop. 2/10
As bad as expected.

Japanese don't seem to get what a knight actually was...
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Oct 1, 2015 4:04 PM

Aug 2014
Newhopes said:
I've seen worse but that doesn't excuse this bland crap.

It doesn't mean that you should drop it in the first episode. You don't get everything in one episode, Have you ever heard of the saying, "You shouldn't judge a book by its cover"? In this case, you shouldn't judge an anime based on its first episode.Follow MrTripStack's example of the 3 episode rule

Plus, it was not that bland.. We have a competent MC instead of your typical Wimp MC, good osts that went with the "fight", and it made me chuckle on some of puns thrown in the episode
Oct 1, 2015 4:05 PM

Sep 2010
I did laugh at that chuunibyou knight wanna be mode and I did like that Spanish lkike music that is played in "mask time" (makes me recall good Espada times in Bleach, even if it's nowhere good as that) but I couldn't stand watching the episode any more. I knew I will drop it just because of this but the characters are way too young and the art really pushes me away and there are only that many series that I can watch weekly in the season, might as well start cleaning up to TRYOUT list, which consist half of the season.

Production wise I experienced worse things than that and I really liked that Spanish music theme, can't complain.
Oct 1, 2015 4:07 PM

Apr 2014
im glad everyone is dropping it now so the ppl who really were target audience to this show can enjoy a good thread
Oct 1, 2015 4:10 PM

Jun 2014
Dropped it immediately. 1/10

Even blade dance was better than this.
Oct 1, 2015 4:11 PM

Mar 2010
moodie said:
im glad everyone is dropping it now so the ppl who really were target audience to this show can enjoy a good thread

whos the target audience?
Oct 1, 2015 4:14 PM

Jun 2014
Ranoom said:
moodie said:

Lolicons and harem lovers
Oct 1, 2015 4:14 PM

Apr 2014
Ranoom said:
moodie said:

ppl who enjoy light novel adaptions
ppl who enjoy Studio Gokumi's work

i feel like ppl who dont have any prior knowledge are the ones that are dropping it....oh well ill excuse the ignorance its not like i care whether ppl like it or not
Oct 1, 2015 4:15 PM
Jul 2012
It's okay so far I'll probably enjoy this series as a time waster. Overall not a bad start.
Oct 1, 2015 4:26 PM

Jun 2011
You know the animation may look a bit cheap and the character designs in the faces may be a bit dated but when the fight started the animation actually improved. I was quite surprised the animation for the fight outisde was so fluid and had a high amount of movement, their bodies remained detailed and solid and that whole scene just flowed all the way through.
There were no still screens at all like so many LN adaptations I have seen where they keep the actual animation to a minimum and throw in a bunch of stills such as Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance now that for the most part had proper cheap action sequences.

For now this is watchable my expectations for this anime were pretty low but it was a little better than I thought and I give most things around 3 episodes to try them.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 1, 2015 4:26 PM

Mar 2009
M'lady. *tips fedora*
Oct 1, 2015 4:29 PM

Oct 2014
HaXXspetten said:
karlstein12 said:
The animation is cheesy but that's expected of a low budget show like this and from a newly built studio that we've never heard of.
Eh? Gokumi have done numerous well-known works before

http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?p=418

Yeah they did Yuki yuuna which was a great show not too long ago
Oct 1, 2015 4:36 PM

Jan 2014
Instantly thought of HaXXspetten when I finished this episode. I know he will like this for sure

Let the spoiled brats drop the anime after only 1 episode, we don't need them in the forums
Oct 1, 2015 4:40 PM

Jun 2015
ElectricRed said:

Its waisting my time easy like that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2015 4:41 PM

Mar 2013
moodie said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up my bet is after the frist episode this section is going to be as dead as a dodo.

Oct 1, 2015 4:46 PM

Apr 2014
Newhopes said:
moodie said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up my bet is after the frist episode this section is going to be as dead as a dodo.
the less haters the better type of discussions have to flourish

quality >>>> quantity
Oct 1, 2015 4:46 PM

Jan 2008
ED (or was it the OP, since they skipped it for this episode?) was well done. Character designs aren't anything spectacular, but they're cute. Premise is interesting. But my god, is the execution cringe-inducing enough to make me want to gouge out my eyes, if I were a weaker-minded person. Character personalities are lame, generic men in black are exactly just that and are worse than Power Ranger Putties, everyone is baby-faced, and the heroine may as well be an actual baby. This is aimed towards a male audience? More like only the perverts within a given male audience. The only redeeming thing about this is probably the character designs, especially that dark-haired maid, but they're generic at best. If there are only two types of anime-fans, type-A (Artistic and aesthetically pleasing) and type-B (Big-eyed boobs and butts) then this would be well suited to the masses of latter half. I want to like this. I really do; because the synopsis is interesting, and the start of the action scene with the lance flying into the doorway made me think there could be much more. But alas, this is apparently made solely for the lolicons. I normally give any series 2 or 3 episodes to see if it gets any better, but this series does a good job of deterring me away from it, just from the first episode. The only other people who will probably like this other than the lolicon and those with poor taste, would be the media who will likely use this to add to their arsenal of propaganda material, spreading the BS notion that "Anime is for kids and adult perverts, and needs to be censored more for the sake of the declining birth-rate children."

One can argue that "If you don't like it, STFU and don't watch it" as they apparently love to do so. To those people, I was going to do the latter without you wasting your time and what little brain cells you have left. I give them this one and only forum post about this series, to maybe save people (or at least Type-A anime fans), 24 minutes of their life that they'll never get back from watching this.

As for the Type-B fans...I hope this is your cup of tea...enjoy, M'Lady. *Tips fedora*

Edit: Those oversized lances twice as big as their body...more than likely compensating for something else they're lacking.
Estoy_GordoOct 1, 2015 5:01 PM
Oct 1, 2015 5:12 PM

Aug 2014
Arturio said:

Haha, you are rather foolish to have a mentality like that..

Anime is supposed to be a time waster, just like videogames, movies and etc.. There is a reason, it is called entertainment or in this case a time waster.. Unless, you review stuff on youtube where you actually get paid for watching anime and reviewing them.You are doing nothing more than wasting your time easy like that

Before you insult me or whatever, I am wasting my time watching anime.. A good 30 minutes on a THURSDAY won't affect my life :D
ElectricRedOct 1, 2015 5:16 PM
Oct 1, 2015 5:15 PM

Oct 2011
Yotaro following his father footsteps as a Knight.

He becomes a different person when wearing his hero outfit

Makio is so cute.

Hmm Yotaro's maid is scary.

Dat horse XD
Oct 1, 2015 5:16 PM

Jun 2015
Slicer22 said:
You know the animation may look a bit cheap and the character designs in the faces may be a bit dated but when the fight started the animation actually improved. I was quite surprised the animation for the fight outisde was so fluid and had a high amount of movement, their bodies remained detailed and solid and that whole scene just flowed all the way through.
There were no still screens at all like so many LN adaptations I have seen where they keep the actual animation to a minimum and throw in a bunch of stills such as Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance now that for the most part had proper cheap action sequences.

For now this is watchable my expectations for this anime were pretty low but it was a little better than I thought and I give most things around 3 episodes to try them.

Thank You for noticing because all these other dumbassess must be blind or spoiled little shits.
Read Toriko!
Oct 1, 2015 5:19 PM

Nov 2012
I don't think it was anything special. Introduced the main characters and all, but that's about it. I'll keep watching to see if it picks up.

Oct 1, 2015 5:23 PM
Jan 2014
I really liked the OP, but the episode itself was pretty meh
Oct 1, 2015 5:24 PM

Dec 2009
Ill watch for the horse lulz. Art is cute for the girls as always but the art for the MC isn't working out for this series. Gawd another tuxedo mask, should have given him a full helmet otherwise its too embarrassing running around town acting like a chunni~
Oct 1, 2015 5:33 PM
Mar 2014
>white knight syndrome
i died
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Oct 1, 2015 5:41 PM

Jun 2015
ElectricRed said:
Arturio said:

Anime is supposed to be a time waster, just like videogames, movies and etc.. There is a reason, it is called entertainment or in this case a time waster.. Unless, you review stuff on youtube where you actually get paid for watching anime and reviewing them.You are doing nothing more than wasting your time easy like that

Before you insult me or whatever, I am wasting my time watching anime.. A good 30 minutes on a THURSDAY won't affect my life :D
What i mean is i don't enjoy this anime so it easely make me lose my time, because i got better thing to watch, i can still change my opinion in the future. And yes for me watching a really good anime is not a time waste
Oct 1, 2015 5:45 PM

Aug 2015
Arturio said:
ElectricRed said:

What i mean is i don't enjoy this anime so it easely make me lose my time, because i got better thing to watch, i can still change my opinion in the future. And yes for me watching a really good anime is not a time waste

We get you are an elitist, in my case I am plannig to give it the 3 episodes rule before deciding to drop it or keep watching it.
Oct 1, 2015 5:47 PM
Mar 2014
really wasn't as bad as peope make it out to be
also yosh is best girl, call me a pedo all u want

m'lady
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Oct 1, 2015 5:50 PM

Feb 2013
>Bad designs
>Bad humor

Everything else was shrugworthy
Oct 1, 2015 5:51 PM

Jan 2008
Oh dear, the facial character designs of the little girl... It seems really stretched out or.. flat? Reminds me of those Kanon designs. Probably get use to it after a couple more episodes.

The protagonist... is so fucking cheezy and cringy with his speech bits after saving the girls.

Totally facepalm'd when the loli invited some random hungry stranger to her home.

The size of the lance keeps changing... is that a function of the lance or it just the point of view angle? It's ugly huge in the cover pic MAL is using.
PaulOct 1, 2015 5:54 PM
Oct 1, 2015 5:52 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Paul said:
Oh dear, the facial character designs of the little girl... It seems really stretched out or.. flat? Reminds me of those Kanon designs. Probably get use to it after a couple more episodes.

The protagonist... is so fucking cheezy and cringy with his speech bits after saving the girls.

Totally facepalm'd when the loli invited some random hungry stranger to her home.

The size of the lance keeps changing... is that a function of the lance or it just the point of view angle?

He has the white knight syndrome (lel). Of course hes gonna be cheesy and cringy af.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 1, 2015 6:04 PM

Jan 2013
Not bad. I mean, not great, but there's been worse. Probably the worst part is the art style. While all chibi + cute, it's a bit meh. (Or at least the color palette is. Very washed out looking for some reason.)

Action was at least pretty fun, and Makio is actually a cute kid. (Seriously, who leaves their little kid in a giant house ALONE?) I'll give it the 3 episode rule, but overall not bad.
Oct 1, 2015 6:06 PM

Aug 2014
Arturio said:

Okay, so one episode (23 minutes) on a thursday.. Is losing time? Seriously?? HAHA
Even watching a good anime is wasting time because you are being entertained, you are not doing anything productive. Same goes for movies, videogames.. One could say, that even if it is a masterpiece, you are still wasting time and not getting anything out of it.. With the exception of youtubers and pro-gamers who get money out of it.
ElectricRedOct 1, 2015 6:15 PM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lance N' Masques Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2015

32 by huggychan »»
Feb 21, 2021 2:06 PM

Poll: » Lance N' Masques Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2015

42 by huggychan »»
Feb 20, 2021 7:51 AM

Poll: » Lance N' Masques Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2015

68 by L-Mo-Reppin »»
Oct 24, 2020 11:08 AM

Poll: » Lance N' Masques Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2015

39 by LadyLeeMing »»
Jul 13, 2019 10:28 PM

Poll: » Lance N' Masques Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2015

71 by LadyLeeMing »»
Jul 11, 2019 6:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.