Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2015 6:20 AM

Apr 2014
Wow, that was a sudden end. It doenst feel like an ending at all.
I say "I'm speechless" to tell you I want to say something though am not sure how...
Sep 28, 2015 6:38 AM

Jun 2011
Okay, given the ending there should definitely be a second season because nothing was resolved. And it really did start out with a very interesting premise, so I want to see more ;;

Sep 28, 2015 7:12 AM

Feb 2015
Rayzer said:
My thoughts about this final episode:
Damn it! Why did they end it with a cliffhanger! And worst they ended it with Volume 5, Chapter 28!
So that means will really take a year to make a sequel! Or even longer! Well if they make Season 2 of course I'll watch it!
Anyway the way they adapted and ended it, I'll give it an 8 out of 10 overall score.
If they added the missing details like nipples and other scenes from the manga that was been removed in the anime, Maybe I'll rate it higher!

^This
They did a pretty good job going from Manga to the anime, yes some bit's were cut out and yes it ended on a cliffhanger but welcome to any fan of this manga pain's.
Everyone should have seen this ending coming from a mile away, and yes it will take maybe two years top to see a season 2 (If we see it..and we better)
I loved everything about this show, and the manga but maybe that's because I fell in love with the manga then went right into the anime.

I do feel that this should have had one more episode to cover the volume 6 as it has alot in it, but I guess saving that for season 2 also make's sense.Either way I'm shocked people thought this would really have a solid ending..
Either way amazing anime
8 (Or 9) out of 10 from me
Sep 28, 2015 7:45 AM

Jan 2013
welp...i guess prison school is officially AOTS
Sep 28, 2015 7:52 AM

Dec 2012
That's...that's not even fair. Right when it all gets down to business. Like shit, if this doesn't get a sequel then Manglobe is a wangsta y'know?

Damn what to even say. Been loving this ride so far. Characters are all charming, the supernatural addition doesn't feel out of place, and it was on a roll up to this cliffhanger conclusion. The concept of tags and Twilights threw a curve ball when I came in expecting a show about drugs, hoes, and ghetto thuglyfe. Gangsta does a remarkable job at showing its characters rather than telling, particularly the depth behind Worick and Nicolas's relationship. Hell Nicolas alone wins this show, the dude is fucking awesome all on his own. It was also a fresh and interesting choice to feature a former prostitute as a main character. A shame that actually got backlash, I was just joking when I said that Alex wouldn't be liked cause she isn't pure waifu otaku pander material. Even the supporting cast really drew me in, particularly Monroe. He is simply a badass and is one of those old crime bosses who knows how to run things while keeping a level head.

8.5/10
Sep 28, 2015 7:53 AM

Dec 2008
I would've preferred an anime original ending than this shit...with no announcement of a 2nd season.

Sep 28, 2015 7:57 AM

Oct 2013
What the fuck was that THING that's supposed to be called an ending? Way to piss off people Manglobe. You couldn't have at least removed the OP and ED for this final eps to use those extra mins to offer a short epilogue?

Everything was fine with the ep too, if only it was just another ep and not the final.

Only giving Gangsta a 7/10 for this atrocious ending. What a damn shame too, it was a great series overall. Alas, we were just left hanging on several fronts. Alex meeting up with her brother or seeing that plot point resolved somewhat? Delico & his sister? Marco & his currently kidnapped gf? And overall, the current chaos that's being caused due to the hunters. We got a big middle finger, unless by some miracle we'll ever get a 2nd season(not gonna hold my breath on that).

As a whole Gangsta was at it's peak when focusing on the characters that matter, which is most of them, though the introduction of the OP hunters with little-to-no development felt rather off.
Sep 28, 2015 8:27 AM
Jul 2018
Kind of an underwhelming ending to the season tbh, Worrick getting fucked up was something I didn't really expect but I'm glad it showed his abilities a bit. I'm hoping for a second season because of all the small bits and pieces hinting at one this episode but for now I guess I'll start the manga.
Sep 28, 2015 8:41 AM

Aug 2011
What the f just happened?!?!????? You can't end it with a cliffhanger like THAT!! This needs a second season, you can't just leave it like that and walk off like nothing happened.
死ねカス国に帰れ
Sep 28, 2015 8:47 AM
Dec 2012
The chuuni guy would have been shot inside the house if the script hadn't arbitrarily prevented the guards from shooting him. When he was peeking between those doors he was in the worst possible position and the guards were in the best possible position. But they didn't shoot.

All the twilights would get gunned down quickly if their opponents were allowed to act in a reasonable manner.
Sep 28, 2015 8:49 AM
Treasure Hunter

Feb 2014
It just stops. Another Anime this Season that started off strongly and with interesting ideas, but then degraded into "whoah, we only have 2 more episodes to wrap everything up!"

This is no acceptble way to end a show...
ESPECIALLY not if season 2's pretty much out of question.

Man, I hate "Shut up and read the Manga" endings...
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Sep 28, 2015 8:54 AM

Sep 2014
Forgetting the absolutely shitty ending aside, this Anime just was a HUGE disappointment. What started out as Black Lagoon turned into Tokyo Ghoul, sadly. The plot has no progression; newer characters are introduced that hardly do anything The action scenes were dull; meh animation. So yeah, 5/10. Just goes to show you just how fucking HORRIBLE Summer 2015 is; god I hate it.
HarrymanhunterSep 28, 2015 9:02 AM
Sep 28, 2015 9:00 AM

Jun 2012
What the fuck was that so called ending? >:( There isn't even a second season confirmed at the moment so it isn't like it's a split core.

I've really enjoyed Gangsta. but they should have waited a bit longer before airing this adaptation because nothing was resolved. I thought they'd have come up with something that at least felt like a temporary end even if it meant rearranging events or adding something extra in. It just feels like we'll get another episode next week with the way they did it. No thought put into it whatsoever! The last scene which was then followed by the usual ED was really weird and awkward.

Very disappointed. 4/10 for this episode 7/10 for the entire series despite my issues with this episode and some of the new characters introduced recently.
N☆ 

Sep 28, 2015 10:27 AM

Jul 2012
Ending an anime that is right in the middle of an arc. That's horrible to leave us with such a cliffhanger D:

I'm giving this a score of 7/10 since this anime was okay and nothing more, even though I was so hyped up before it started.

Still, I wish for a second season.
Sep 28, 2015 10:29 AM

Aug 2015
it should be there is a seacond season becouse the war didnt finish yet and there is a lot of mess should be clean to us.

i want to know about alex's past and what's gonna be the city after the war, if nick gonna fight and survive or not , how about his friend is he gonna die or not (THEY BETTER NOT MAKE HIM DIE), what's gonna happen to the four father, etc.

i dont know if i can wait for another season but i'm probably gonna read the manga if they didnt announce if there's gonna be a second season or not very soon.
Sep 28, 2015 10:33 AM

Sep 2015
After seeing how this episode went, I'm very frustrated that there wasn't any kind of announcement for a second season. Ugh.

The opening part of the episode was throwing out a ton of exposition in rapid-fire succession to try to progress the story forward. For a series that had spent its time slowly revealing these kinds of facts and information, I felt it wasn't a good sign how much they were rushing that in the beginning of the episode.

At the end of this episode, there a lot of things that are left unresolved. Hopefully there will be a second season at some point, but as of now, there has been no announcement of future episodes. Also, the ending of this episode is rather vague. It's the vagueness of how this ended that really bothered me the most.

I had actually enjoyed GANGSTA. up through episode 11, although I was a little frustrated with how exposition heavy the previous episode was. But this episode, though, has made me a little disappointed in this series. I almost feel like I've wasted the past 13 weeks of my life following it. If a second season ever materializes, I may change my opinion of this anime. But with what's been presented so far, this was a rather confusing and disappointing final episode.
ljaesch1Sep 28, 2015 11:04 AM
Sep 28, 2015 10:35 AM

May 2012
what a load of crap this was, an unknown enemy comes out of nowhere and when the conflict actually starts to develop it ends -_- thank you go read the manga endings.... and as it was its not even like what we got was even very good.... undeveloped characters, setting, and extremely slow pacing for an action show.... sigh
Sep 28, 2015 10:42 AM
Dec 2012
I find it very unlikely that a second season won't be made. Just because
Sep 28, 2015 11:47 AM
Jun 2014
damn what a cliffhanger.. this anime was great. cant wait for the next season . if there will be a next it is
Sep 28, 2015 12:45 PM

Nov 2009
What a way to end the series. I really hope there is a second season! :o

I liked all the action being shown here and Miles/Worwick battling against Striker was epic. The past is being revealed slowly by Alex and Marco's past as a Hunter is revealed. Delico sees her sister Erina after a long time.

Overall this series was one of the top ones of the season. I really like the dark theme being shown and every episode was full of tension and suspense. The action was excellent and the mysteries surrounded never ceases to amaze me. There is so much going on in this show and I will defintely love a second season.

[u]Final Scores:[/u]

Art/Animation: 9/10
Story/Plot: 8.5/10
Characters: 9/10
Music: 8/10
Overall Rating: 9/10

Sep 28, 2015 1:17 PM

Apr 2013
Many people seem to like this show, but I can't help it.

To me it just was a bad show. I didn't get the Black Lagoon vibes as anybody else at all, the only thing these two shows have in common is that it's about gangsters, that's it. All the stuff about those Twilights didn't work for me, and it got even worse when those hunters showed up. And it felt like the show was far too obvious with showing me characters and "here, look at that guy! isn't he the coolest person ever?". Only one I could really like was that Cristiano girl.

I really hoped that it ended this episode and it's over. But with that cliffhanger now there has to be a second season. I usually always watch sequels and had the luck that all the bad shows I watched didn't get one, but here I really have to consider not watching it.
Sep 28, 2015 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
I got into this show knowing nothing about it and loved the first couple episodes. Then they introduced the whole twilight thing, that I had a hard time getting into and the series kept going downhill from there, especially with the generic overpowered villains. There was too much packed into the last few episodes and then it just ended in the middle of the story with no sense of conclusion whatsoever.
Sep 28, 2015 2:24 PM

Feb 2015
I can't even say I'm disappointed because I never held this series in high regard. I'm glad I stopped caring before the creators did, though. This show went nowhere.
Sep 28, 2015 2:56 PM

Mar 2009
What the hell was THIS. Nice job of taking an otherwise good anime and giving it a terrible ending. Way to go, Manglobe. And I doubt there will be a 2nd season in the future, because Manglobe.

Gangsta ends up being the biggest disappointment of the season. And we never even got to see Alex nude. Another disappointment.
Sep 28, 2015 3:00 PM

Oct 2014
Ranoom said:
i enjoyed the first few episodes but yea...

overrated 6/10
actually fuck it 4/10
CnonSep 28, 2015 3:07 PM
Sep 28, 2015 4:08 PM
Aug 2012
I have known the Anime was going to end on a Cliffhanger, but not at that part of the series in the Manga on Chapter 28. Being up to date with Manga, It was going to be a cliffhanger ending regardless, but If you ask me, it would have been better if it ended at Chapter 33 (for those caught up with the Manga). Adding & Leaving more questions to ask, but with closure compared to Chapter 28. Ending at Chapter 28, your stopping dead in the middle of things.
Whether or not there's going to be a 2nd season, my guess is if they do make it, it will be in 2-3 years. As the Manga just recently started back to releasing more frequently, since the creator Kohske has taken breaks in the past due to her health issues, chapters aren't guaranteed to be out per month. So, it might be a while waiting for the source material.
Sep 28, 2015 5:51 PM

Mar 2013
ending episode, what?
need 2nd season now :/
Sep 28, 2015 7:37 PM

Jul 2013
idk,! but this ending disappointing me.
"hoping for the second season." -_-

The series was wonderful from the beginning, i think after ep.5 there has been a difference in some of the scenes with manga, also the arts in some episodes is not good enough.
BUT the characters and the seiyuu's was really GREAT.

overall : 7.10
Sep 28, 2015 7:42 PM

Aug 2013
Fun fact I just noticed:

In the raw vs the HS version, Loretta Cristiano wears different colored underwear. In the HS version it's black an green. In the raw, it's a peach/pink color.
Sep 28, 2015 8:01 PM

Nov 2012
damn that in no way felt like a last episode.. even if it continues later felt like nothing got wrapped up at all and it still feels like this series is building towards something.

Ugh so difficult for me to rate this show now.. I think I enjoyed it for the most part, but I also had the lingering sense throughout the anime that no progress was being made towards anything and the slow pacing at times aggravated me.

I'll sleep on it and finalize my rating tomorrow ..
Sep 28, 2015 9:58 PM

Jun 2012
Rayzer said:
Shuhan said:

Same. And the terrible art at times made it worse.

Don't watch anime streaming or 480p please.

The derp art wont be fixed by watching it in 720p or 1080p. The animators did a poor job. Simple as that.

I watch it 1080p upscaled anyways.
Sep 28, 2015 10:31 PM

Jul 2013
Fine ending, but unsatisfying...

Its hard to judge this anime since it feels like this was only half of the story it intends to tell, the pacing was amazing... for a 2-cour show...

Anyway, right now I am giving it 8/10, solely because I believe there is more to come, otherwise a 6/10 sounds better

Also, its funny how people mistake unusual character design for derp animation... its like kill la kill all over again... oh well
Sep 28, 2015 10:37 PM
Jun 2013
They tried fitting in way to many stories and characters in 12 episodes. It feels like the city is just cluttered now.
Overall very disappointing. Even if their is a season 2, I'm not really excited for it.
Sep 28, 2015 10:46 PM

Sep 2015
I will say the visuals were great in this episode, the dialogue was fun (when it wasn't being overly cryptic...) what's just so frustrating is that it's treated as the finale, where it would've been perfect instead as the halfway point. What frustrates me is that I feel that I'm being unfair by saying the series kinda disappointed me. It's like watching Godfather (just an analogy don't take it as equal comparison) when all of a sudden the movie stops playing halfway through because the disc is too scratched. So then you go on amazon or whatever and write a scathing review, say that it sucked because of all these loose ends and a complete cliff hanger ending. It's not the movies fault! That's at least what it feels like for me, feels like insulting something left incomplete. But I will still rate this according to how it was presented: amazing soundtrack, lovable characters, good animation (depending on the episode), but a shitty conclusion. 6/10 ^ same as the guy above me lol just noticed
Sep 29, 2015 1:57 AM

Mar 2014
First half of the series was enjoyable, nice setting, characters, mood

Second half completely lacked focus, a "plot" happened that our main three had nothing to do with, they were completely ingnored, and now a completely unsatisfying ending.

The nice "jazzy, film noir" mood also suffered greatly from the rushed visuals during episode 10 and 11

Also, its funny how people mistake unusual character design for derp animation... its like kill la kill all over again... oh well

Did you even watch episode 10 and 11?

LauraBirdieSep 29, 2015 2:10 AM
Sep 29, 2015 7:20 AM

Sep 2010
This is supposed to be the ending, ending where nothing is concluded and only more plots were getting keep on added as the show went on... common!

Generally I really enjoyed the show but it started going in too many directions all at the same time, ignoring the fact that it will end few episodes later.

The ending while seems impactful (if Worrik died) doesn't solve anything.

Well maybe one day there will be another season that will conclude the story.

I am rather disappointed though, so much build up just to end it like this. The first episodes were quite episodic and I think if the show stayed that way it would turn out better... well for studio to try and come up with their own version of story often ends tragic so I can't tell if this was a mistake or not but in the end, this is anime and whatever story continues in the manga does not matter, anime ends here and this is the end I got. Really lacking, no conclusion.
eso18Sep 29, 2015 7:23 AM
Sep 29, 2015 8:25 AM
Jul 2013
Damn, this shit went heavy. I like that fight in Monroe residence where Worick and that other guy was fighting that Hunter guy with tattoo. That being said, I wasn't expecting the last episode to cover all the left topics anyway as there is soo much to cover like, what about Alex brother, any update on Connie please ?, Worick acting like a badass but is he gonna die ? and much much more. Surely you can't pull off everything in 24 minute episode, it's just too much content for such a short episode.

Also from what I have heard is that the person who is producing or rather artist who is responsible for manga of Gangsta. is not in the best of her health so there isn't enough material for another episode/chapter as she updates it only every third/fourth month, currently there is enough material maybe for 6 episodes maximum. I guess we might get full/half of the second season of Gangsta. to next Summer or maybe Autumn. Surely the waiting will be long.
Tomasz-SamaSep 29, 2015 8:32 AM
Sep 29, 2015 10:24 AM

Sep 2014
Did this anime cover even 5 % of the story? Like wtf...
Sep 29, 2015 10:38 AM
Jan 2015
What a HUGE disappointment..... I was hoping for a great ending & got this rubbish.
Epic Failure on finale... .
Sep 29, 2015 11:42 AM
Aug 2014
Well that ended abruptly.. still far too many unanswered questions and a cliffhanger. In my opinion, it was an awful ending. I'm hoping for a season two, so I won't have to mark such a good anime down.
Sep 29, 2015 11:55 AM

Feb 2015
Fine anime, but nothing more. Pacing was terrible, liked begging and ending of the series, but rest is just average. Really like Cristiano lady and Nicolas. Ending was ok, hope there'll be 2nd season.
Btw, can someone explain me how people are giving this mediocre series 8-9/10 note? This show deserve AT MOST 7/10.
Sep 29, 2015 12:18 PM

Apr 2014
Just a rant to most people who posted here.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 29, 2015 12:56 PM

Jan 2014
Ehh i was unsure for a sec whether it would continue.. considering this weird ending with no credits showing or anything. It was good but the second half slowly became more and more dull tbh. I still want a second season though.
Sep 29, 2015 4:16 PM
Apr 2014
Damn... Such terrible timing. It's like they ended it like this on purpose. Basically nothing has been resolved.

I really hope they are not going to just leave it at that. That'd be a shame.
Sep 29, 2015 5:13 PM

Mar 2013
Enjoyable the whole way through. I'm fine with the ending because it's obviously meant to have a second season anyway. It's literally like an ending to any other episode. So, with that said, if this doesn't actually get a second season for whatever reason... then it's pretty much terrible.

7/10
Sep 29, 2015 6:10 PM

Aug 2007
I wish they had given us more info on these Hunters a bit sooner. Only in the last episode do we find out that there are some people who are as strong or even stronger than the Twilights but have no adiction to any drugs nor a need for a compensation. Given that the Hunters have been causing havok for quite a while we could probably have been introduced to exactly what they are sooner.

As for the non-ending, it is indeed very annoying. It would have been better if they had less episodes, actually, and finished with some amount of relative resolution at the end of a narrative arc.

Overall, I quite enjoyed this anime for at least trying something to do something off the beaten track even if it is not entirely original. Investing in making a former prostitute an actual character was very refreshing as was having a deaf MC. The highlight is probably the complex relationship between Nic and Worick and the way it is explored through several flashbacks instead of doing through a single continuous one.

I am interested enough to pick up the manga.
Sep 29, 2015 9:22 PM

Nov 2012
After that ending, I really need a S2! The series was really enjoyable! Hope that they do decide to make another season...

Sep 30, 2015 1:05 AM
Nov 2010
Really crappy ending. They really should have pushed for a 2 cour instead of just ending it the way it was.
Sep 30, 2015 1:06 AM
Nov 2010
Really crappy ending. They really should have pushed for a 2 cour instead of just ending it the way it was.
Sep 30, 2015 1:14 AM

Mar 2012
yngtadpole said:

The problem is the lack of source material. Apparently the anime ended around chapter 28 and the manga is up to around chapter 39. Even if they wanted to, there was no way for them to continue unless it took the anime original route.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2015

236 by BadCatBodhi »»
Feb 5, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sunakko-ch4n - Sep 10, 2015

107 by Cammell »»
Jan 8, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2015

155 by Cammell »»
Jan 6, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2015

169 by Cammell »»
Dec 31, 2023 12:21 PM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2015

161 by Cammell »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.