Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 12 Discussion

Nov 21, 2015 3:11 PM

That's it? It was nice, sure, but that's all?
I'm a bit disappointed there wasn't any background on Kiki.

5/10 (average) It was nice... but not much really happened.

Nov 23, 2015 10:55 AM

Gotta love redheads

Shirayuki was so stunning in that dress... The romance in this anime is so refreshing it restores my soul, at first i was like "OH this gotta be your another happy yet boring romance anime of this season", but dangg i was wrong, i got addicted after i watched the first episode.

I love the atmosphere of this show, it's calming and heartwarming, and you can feel a strong bonds between one character to another, not just for the main characters.

I feel sad for Obi because i can't see him with anyone but Shirayuki, looking forward for a 2nd season i hope Obi would make a move toward Shirayuki, that would be interesting to watch.

Overall score 9/10

Dec 9, 2015 7:36 AM

For fantasy shojou, i like thisssss...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 12, 2015 6:28 AM

Gorgeous imo, I liked how things were executed and how every character had their own distinct personality. Wasn't just a normal romance anime, it fulfilled every genre it claimed to be in quite well. 8/10! Season two next year whoop whoop

Dec 15, 2015 12:13 PM

I'd like to know why I've been waiting for so long to watch this series, this is amazing! 10/10

Dec 24, 2015 8:01 AM

Definitely enjoyed this series, especially the second half. The characters are extremely likable and can't wait for season 2!

Dec 27, 2015 11:36 AM

Shirayuki best shoujo lead and this show as well <3
Can't wait to see 2nd season.

9/10

Jan 3, 2016 7:58 PM

That was a quite enjoyable last episode. I'm definetly looking forward to the second season.

7/10

Jan 7, 2016 11:47 AM

BryanLoeher said:
Meh. Not enough Shirayuki in this anime.

Looking forward to the 2nd season for moan Shirayuki.

Shirayuki/10.
Fixed that for you .
"The blood makes us human, makes us more than human, makes us human no more." -Master Willem from Bloodborne.

Jan 10, 2016 8:48 PM

I liked it but not that much. I changed my rating from a 6/10 to a 7/10. It's what you'd expect from a shoujo but I just can't seem to like Zen no matter what. Sure he's your typical handsome prince with good manners and treats his lady love right but he just doesn't appeal to me.

My heart broke when Obi gave Shirayuki that hairpin and last episode he wanted to hold her hand but couldn't :(

Also, I'm dumber than fuck so I don't understand why they didn't want people to see Shirayuki's hair? So what if it's red? She belongs in the palace and the prince and his people will protect her. Their prince has white hair for crying out loud and Mitsuhide has green/teal hair so I'm sure red hair shouldn't be a big deal.

I wish they focused a little more on the pharmacy aspect of it though, wishing for this in the second season. Yay, now I can watch the second season since I've finished season 1. I should've finished this back in summer but I had way too much on my plate.
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.

Jan 18, 2016 7:20 AM

Errr, that's it? so in the end no huge conflict at all?

i suppose this series is not my taste , but still enjoyable... Zen is just....
Bibimbapski said:
I just can't seem to like Zen no matter what. Sure he's your typical handsome prince with good manners and treats his lady love right but he just doesn't appeal to me.

5/10

"Man - a being in search of meaning.." - Plato Seven Knights Mobile Game

Jan 20, 2016 8:58 PM
𝙆𝙖𝙠 𝙆𝙖𝙣 🍊

And just like that it ends.

8/10 would be ideal as I wanted to see more of Kiki, Obi and Mitsuhide.

Props to Obi, he sure knows how to spoil Shirayuki, and she has no problem with Obi's kindness.

The lights at the end, wonderful, divine. Hopefully season 2 focuses more on the side characters.

Jan 23, 2016 11:49 AM

HaXXspetten said:

I have seen this scene before...

Yeah, thought so too. :D
The episode.... well, I didn't like it. I hoped to see more, since it was the finale.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 24, 2016 10:45 AM

just finished this season 1, wew...[GJM] is slow releasing the last episode!
Shirayuki's blush was cute and then others interrupted the two...ahihi!
Obi's having fun fighting to get money prizes and one of those prize is a hair pin that he put to Shirayuki's red hair. That's also sweet!
What!? did I just heard Genos voice!?! awesome!
Zen saved again the day and saved her Shirayuki from the like of Genos...bwahaha
No more kiss? awwwwww at least we have a very beautiful lantern fertival.
I'm ready for Season 2...only if GJM would sub it...oh well.
4/5.
8/10. because of good BGM music.

Jan 25, 2016 9:39 PM
Is it just me or does is seem like Obi secretly has feelings for Shirayuki but he's smart enough not to act on them?!?!?!

Jan 31, 2016 12:45 PM

Pretty straight forward plot, I'm actually a bit surprised there is a second season of this. Art was gorgeous though, was an entertaining watch

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"

Feb 2, 2016 6:51 AM

In light of the fact that with this episode the series does not end yet, I can say that while not advancing much history between Zen and Shirayuki, not the pace has been slow, however, as regards the rest, this soul does not offer much, almost nothing is known of the other characters. Speaking of drawings and animations, I was pleasantly surprised by the great quality fielded by Studio Bones, fascinating scenery and atmosphere well mixed context recounted, the same as for the soundtrack, the opening and the ending. Now I just have to start the second season.

For now, my vote is 7.5+1(for quality)/10.

Wow! I arrived at 5000 posts.
Modified by terrablu2003, Feb 2, 2016 6:55 AM

Feb 7, 2016 3:59 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Zen made that play better by being a badass, rather than red hair being exposed. S2 time!

5/5

Feb 10, 2016 8:27 AM
Soli The Lewdy

I expected a kiss but oh well rip.

Amazing episode which concludes this anime for now.

Gonna start S2 later today.

8.5/10

Jul 9, 2016 12:24 PM
Pretty enjoyable. The plot is boring though. I had high expectations when I watched the first few episodes, but till the end nothing was at stake and everyone seems to be living in Lala land, and that's the only downfall, which happens to be the most important part in anything to watch really... now that's sad because the characters are AWESOME :<! Will still give season 2 a try.

6/10
Modified by Aoiyuki7, Jul 9, 2016 12:28 PM

Jul 24, 2016 9:34 PM

Kind of ambivalent on this show. I think it was good, but at the same time, it was really cheesy, it had a ton of dumb moments (what's with everyone's obsession with her red hair?) and it didn't really amount to anything.

Overall nothing special, it was just fluff. Not bad fluff, but still ehhh. I'm giving this a good rating anyway because of the great production values.

4/5

Sep 23, 2016 9:10 PM

Incredibly enjoyable series. Sometimes you just want to see a straightforward, pleasant romance between two people you can't help but like, and that's exactly what we got here. The last few episodes were surprisingly light and conflict-free (especially compared to some of the more serious themes the show was exploring before), but you know what? I'm fine with that. No forced melodrama, no 'tease' for the next season... I dig ending on a high note like this. A strong 8/10 overall.

I'll probably try to save the second season for a rainy day, ie when I'm feeling down or I just completed a crappy series. I'm a little skeptical as to how they'll sustain it, since we've already seen what we wanted to see most (them kissing/getting together), but I'll have faith.

Nov 24, 2016 1:14 AM

Loved it! Every second was perfection.

In regards to Obi's unrequited love, though, I believe he respects and admires both Shirayuki and Zen - although he may go out of his way to tease the couple now and then. Although the creators drop hints as to his true feelings towards Shirayuki, I think he'll ultimately support the two. I don't see him as one to interfere in their romance as a self-proclaimed spectator.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)

Dec 17, 2016 7:44 AM

Aeowina said:
Loved it! Every second was perfection.

In regards to Obi's unrequited love, though, I believe he respects and admires both Shirayuki and Zen - although he may go out of his way to tease the couple now and then. Although the creators drop hints as to his true feelings towards Shirayuki, I think he'll ultimately support the two. I don't see him as one to interfere in their romance as a self-proclaimed spectator.
Yeah. Maybe in the beginning he would have tried to steal her, but he's too loyal to Zen now to do it.

Jan 1, 2017 12:16 AM

A boring show about boring people doing boring things. I understand that this is a shoujo and it should have a lot of sweet and awkward moments to emphasize 'pure' love, but for Pete's sake, at least have some wit and interesting events which will move the plot in a meaningful way.

Jan 5, 2017 6:49 PM
Story is by far this shows biggest weakness, still enjoyable overall though.

Jul 13, 2017 11:36 AM

A fairly standard but still fun finale for an otherwise consistently entertaining season. If the previous episode was the climax of the season regarding the romantic tension, this one served as the resolution. Not only do we come to a milestone in the romantic arc, but the main gang is cemented as a unit as well, now fully embracing both Shirayuki and Obi. Our leads will each continue their personal journey hand-in-hand, and the future looks bright.

The first season of Akagami is charming, lovingly crafted fairy tale, and might just be a textbook example of how even a simple shoujo manga adaptation can be good if it handles its main characters in a straightforward but believable way, while also wearing its shoujo tropes and fairy tale influences on its sleeve.

That said, I would have preferred the characters to be a bit more balanced with their shortcomings. While I realize that Shirayuki is the title character, I wouldn't say that she was hogging the spotlight, but I think the story could have benefited from a more balanced focus on the rest of the characters (Mitsuhide, Kiki, Obi, Izana, Garrack).

In the end, there may not be anything groundbreaking in the substance of the series, but it carries itself with certain charisma and style that somehow the end result is much more than the sum of its parts. I might just watch the sequel.
Modified by LeeTailor, Jul 13, 2017 11:40 AM

Sep 10, 2017 10:34 PM

Where were the king/queen during that festival ? clearly they aren't dead (or at least the king)

Oct 3, 2017 11:48 PM

Kouki!
Damn! Dat lump! She's pretty.
LMAO at that asshole in the background telling him to pull it off.
She kissed his hand.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Oct 4, 2017 6:40 AM

This series was pretty average in my book, with just being a typical anime romance and nothing special. If they threw in romantic rivals there or a bit of action or emotional stuff it would flourish. I can't speak for season 2 because I haven't watched it but this one was just plain, almost felt asleep throughout. I am not saying its bad but I believe they could have done a bit more for people like us.

I am not a fan anime that make me sleep, but animation wise it was good so 6/10.
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Oct 16, 2017 3:07 PM
Supreme Tsundere

I liked the characters, but those were not enough to make me ignore the fact I felt that there wasnt much story to this series, as such I never felt compelled to watch more to see what would happen next. I hope S2 improves more on this regard.

Nov 2, 2017 5:19 PM

From the preview I thought Shirayuki was in a wedding dress.

The play scene was 👌

Nov 26, 2017 8:41 AM

Faint-hearted enthusiastic idiocy instead of plot, primitive one-sided characters, slow development of anime due to events absence. This anime is for fragile and weak people only which can't handle anything tougher than modern style fairy-tale full of 100% positive, old fairy-tales were more cruel and life-oriented, they had some points at least. This anime is just like K-on! - it's a gum but without comedy, instead it's pretentious and teen romantic.

Dec 3, 2017 11:09 PM

A nice ending that’s left me feeling “that’s it?” Thankfully there’s another season.

Feb 3, 2018 6:27 PM
One thing I love about this show is how Anti-cliche it is. Looking forward to the second season.

Feb 3, 2018 10:21 PM
Watched the first season, a little disappointed that we didn't get that much with Kiki, but overall loved it.

9/10 for me. Hope season 2 is just as good for me.

Mar 11, 2018 2:03 PM

I really love when Shirayuki's getting flustered. And decent series too.

Apr 5, 3:11 PM

First season was not perfect by any means, but I love ShirayukiXZen so much

May 13, 5:13 AM

Good finale for season one.

ZEN X SHIRAYUKI MOMENTS. ♥‿♥ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ (>人<) (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Zen is dressing up as a guard in order to spend more time with his girl, Shirayuki. I love the play scene wherein Shirayuki is a substitute actress. Her role is a princess really fits her well. Zen, her knight-in-shining armor, saves the day. Those sketchy people are shocked that he intervenes their plans.

I feel sad when Obi gives the hair ornament to Shirayuki. I feel like his feelings for her are not reciprocated. But at least he is happy for her and Zen. :))

It is nice to see how the main characters bond with each other. Shirayuki, Zen, Obi, Mitsuhide, and Kiki have a great time during the Open Castle Day. They have friendship goals! ♥

There is an awesome recap of the first season at the end of the season finale. ♥

I truly enjoy watching this anime. What a great show! ♥

Jun 9, 8:05 AM

One of the most generic and boring shows I have ever seen. There is no tension and when there is one everything is solved in the same episode. For being a shoujo it is too basic.

3/10

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]