Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 12, 2015 6:28 AM

Dec 2013
Gorgeous imo, I liked how things were executed and how every character had their own distinct personality. Wasn't just a normal romance anime, it fulfilled every genre it claimed to be in quite well. 8/10! Season two next year whoop whoop
Dec 15, 2015 12:13 PM

Aug 2015
I'd like to know why I've been waiting for so long to watch this series, this is amazing! 10/10
Dec 24, 2015 8:01 AM

Apr 2013
Definitely enjoyed this series, especially the second half. The characters are extremely likable and can't wait for season 2!
Dec 27, 2015 11:36 AM

Jul 2010
Shirayuki best shoujo lead and this show as well <3
Can't wait to see 2nd season.

9/10
Jan 3, 2016 7:58 PM

Aug 2015
That was a quite enjoyable last episode. I'm definetly looking forward to the second season.

7/10
Jan 7, 2016 11:47 AM

Nov 2014
BryanLoeher said:
Meh. Not enough Shirayuki in this anime.

Looking forward to the 2nd season for moan Shirayuki.

Shirayuki/10.
Fixed that for you .

Jan 10, 2016 8:48 PM

Jun 2013
I liked it but not that much. I changed my rating from a 6/10 to a 7/10. It's what you'd expect from a shoujo but I just can't seem to like Zen no matter what. Sure he's your typical handsome prince with good manners and treats his lady love right but he just doesn't appeal to me.

My heart broke when Obi gave Shirayuki that hairpin and last episode he wanted to hold her hand but couldn't :(

Also, I'm dumber than fuck so I don't understand why they didn't want people to see Shirayuki's hair? So what if it's red? She belongs in the palace and the prince and his people will protect her. Their prince has white hair for crying out loud and Mitsuhide has green/teal hair so I'm sure red hair shouldn't be a big deal.

I wish they focused a little more on the pharmacy aspect of it though, wishing for this in the second season. Yay, now I can watch the second season since I've finished season 1. I should've finished this back in summer but I had way too much on my plate.
臭い-
Jan 18, 2016 7:20 AM

Feb 2010
Errr, that's it? so in the end no huge conflict at all?

i suppose this series is not my taste , but still enjoyable... Zen is just....
Bibimbapski said:
I just can't seem to like Zen no matter what. Sure he's your typical handsome prince with good manners and treats his lady love right but he just doesn't appeal to me.

5/10

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jan 20, 2016 8:58 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
And just like that it ends.

8/10 would be ideal as I wanted to see more of Kiki, Obi and Mitsuhide.

Props to Obi, he sure knows how to spoil Shirayuki, and she has no problem with Obi's kindness.

The lights at the end, wonderful, divine. Hopefully season 2 focuses more on the side characters.

Jan 23, 2016 11:49 AM

Jun 2010
HaXXspetten said:

I have seen this scene before...

Yeah, thought so too. :D
The episode.... well, I didn't like it. I hoped to see more, since it was the finale.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2016 10:45 AM

Oct 2008
just finished this season 1, wew...[GJM] is slow releasing the last episode!
Shirayuki's blush was cute and then others interrupted the two...ahihi!
Obi's having fun fighting to get money prizes and one of those prize is a hair pin that he put to Shirayuki's red hair. That's also sweet!
What!? did I just heard Genos voice!?! awesome!
Zen saved again the day and saved her Shirayuki from the like of Genos...bwahaha
No more kiss? awwwwww at least we have a very beautiful lantern fertival.
I'm ready for Season 2...only if GJM would sub it...oh well.
4/5.
8/10. because of good BGM music.

Jan 25, 2016 9:39 PM
Nov 2015
Is it just me or does is seem like Obi secretly has feelings for Shirayuki but he's smart enough not to act on them?!?!?!
Jan 31, 2016 12:45 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty straight forward plot, I'm actually a bit surprised there is a second season of this. Art was gorgeous though, was an entertaining watch

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Feb 2, 2016 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
In light of the fact that with this episode the series does not end yet, I can say that while not advancing much history between Zen and Shirayuki, not the pace has been slow, however, as regards the rest, this soul does not offer much, almost nothing is known of the other characters. Speaking of drawings and animations, I was pleasantly surprised by the great quality fielded by Studio Bones, fascinating scenery and atmosphere well mixed context recounted, the same as for the soundtrack, the opening and the ending. Now I just have to start the second season.

For now, my vote is 7.5+1(for quality)/10.

Wow! I arrived at 5000 posts.
terrablu2003Feb 2, 2016 6:55 AM
Feb 7, 2016 3:59 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Zen made that play better by being a badass, rather than red hair being exposed. S2 time!

5/5
Feb 10, 2016 8:27 AM

Apr 2015
I expected a kiss but oh well rip.

Amazing episode which concludes this anime for now.

Gonna start S2 later today.

8.5/10
Jul 9, 2016 12:24 PM
Jul 2010
Pretty enjoyable. The plot is boring though. I had high expectations when I watched the first few episodes, but till the end nothing was at stake and everyone seems to be living in Lala land, and that's the only downfall, which happens to be the most important part in anything to watch really... now that's sad because the characters are AWESOME :<! Will still give season 2 a try.

6/10
Aoiyuki92Jul 9, 2016 12:28 PM
Jul 24, 2016 9:34 PM

Jul 2014
Kind of ambivalent on this show. I think it was good, but at the same time, it was really cheesy, it had a ton of dumb moments (what's with everyone's obsession with her red hair?) and it didn't really amount to anything.

Overall nothing special, it was just fluff. Not bad fluff, but still ehhh. I'm giving this a good rating anyway because of the great production values.

4/5
Sep 23, 2016 9:10 PM

Apr 2016
Incredibly enjoyable series. Sometimes you just want to see a straightforward, pleasant romance between two people you can't help but like, and that's exactly what we got here. The last few episodes were surprisingly light and conflict-free (especially compared to some of the more serious themes the show was exploring before), but you know what? I'm fine with that. No forced melodrama, no 'tease' for the next season... I dig ending on a high note like this. A strong 8/10 overall.

I'll probably try to save the second season for a rainy day, ie when I'm feeling down or I just completed a crappy series. I'm a little skeptical as to how they'll sustain it, since we've already seen what we wanted to see most (them kissing/getting together), but I'll have faith.
Nov 24, 2016 1:14 AM

Nov 2011
Loved it! Every second was perfection.

In regards to Obi's unrequited love, though, I believe he respects and admires both Shirayuki and Zen - although he may go out of his way to tease the couple now and then. Although the creators drop hints as to his true feelings towards Shirayuki, I think he'll ultimately support the two. I don't see him as one to interfere in their romance as a self-proclaimed spectator.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Dec 17, 2016 7:44 AM

Oct 2016
Aeowina said:
Loved it! Every second was perfection.

In regards to Obi's unrequited love, though, I believe he respects and admires both Shirayuki and Zen - although he may go out of his way to tease the couple now and then. Although the creators drop hints as to his true feelings towards Shirayuki, I think he'll ultimately support the two. I don't see him as one to interfere in their romance as a self-proclaimed spectator.
Yeah. Maybe in the beginning he would have tried to steal her, but he's too loyal to Zen now to do it.
Jan 1, 2017 12:16 AM

Nov 2009
A boring show about boring people doing boring things. I understand that this is a shoujo and it should have a lot of sweet and awkward moments to emphasize 'pure' love, but for Pete's sake, at least have some wit and interesting events which will move the plot in a meaningful way.

Jan 5, 2017 6:49 PM
Jun 2014
Story is by far this shows biggest weakness, still enjoyable overall though.
Jul 13, 2017 11:36 AM

Jun 2013
A fairly standard but still fun finale for an otherwise consistently entertaining season. If the previous episode was the climax of the season regarding the romantic tension, this one served as the resolution. Not only do we come to a milestone in the romantic arc, but the main gang is cemented as a unit as well, now fully embracing both Shirayuki and Obi. Our leads will each continue their personal journey hand-in-hand, and the future looks bright.

The first season of Akagami is charming, lovingly crafted fairy tale, and might just be a textbook example of how even a simple shoujo manga adaptation can be good if it handles its main characters in a straightforward but believable way, while also wearing its shoujo tropes and fairy tale influences on its sleeve.

That said, I would have preferred the characters to be a bit more balanced with their shortcomings. While I realize that Shirayuki is the title character, I wouldn't say that she was hogging the spotlight, but I think the story could have benefited from a more balanced focus on the rest of the characters (Mitsuhide, Kiki, Obi, Izana, Garrack).

In the end, there may not be anything groundbreaking in the substance of the series, but it carries itself with certain charisma and style that somehow the end result is much more than the sum of its parts. I might just watch the sequel.
LeeTailorJul 13, 2017 11:40 AM
Sep 10, 2017 10:34 PM

Apr 2011
Where were the king/queen during that festival ? clearly they aren't dead (or at least the king)
Oct 3, 2017 11:48 PM

Dec 2012
Kouki!
Damn! Dat lump! She's pretty.
LMAO at that asshole in the background telling him to pull it off.
She kissed his hand.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 4, 2017 6:40 AM

Oct 2015
This series was pretty average in my book, with just being a typical anime romance and nothing special. If they threw in romantic rivals there or a bit of action or emotional stuff it would flourish. I can't speak for season 2 because I haven't watched it but this one was just plain, almost felt asleep throughout. I am not saying its bad but I believe they could have done a bit more for people like us.

I am not a fan anime that make me sleep, but animation wise it was good so 6/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 16, 2017 3:07 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I liked the characters, but those were not enough to make me ignore the fact I felt that there wasnt much story to this series, as such I never felt compelled to watch more to see what would happen next. I hope S2 improves more on this regard.

Nov 2, 2017 5:19 PM

Feb 2012
From the preview I thought Shirayuki was in a wedding dress.

The play scene was 👌

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 26, 2017 8:41 AM

Aug 2013
Faint-hearted enthusiastic idiocy instead of plot, primitive one-sided characters, slow development of anime due to events absence. This anime is for fragile and weak people only which can't handle anything tougher than modern style fairy-tale full of 100% positive, old fairy-tales were more cruel and life-oriented, they had some points at least. This anime is just like K-on! - it's a gum but without comedy, instead it's pretentious and teen romantic.
Dec 3, 2017 11:09 PM

Dec 2013
A nice ending that’s left me feeling “that’s it?” Thankfully there’s another season.

Feb 3, 2018 6:27 PM
Jun 2016
One thing I love about this show is how Anti-cliche it is. Looking forward to the second season.
Feb 3, 2018 10:21 PM
Apr 2016
Watched the first season, a little disappointed that we didn't get that much with Kiki, but overall loved it.

9/10 for me. Hope season 2 is just as good for me.

Mar 11, 2018 2:03 PM

Sep 2011
I really love when Shirayuki's getting flustered. And decent series too.

Apr 5, 2019 3:11 PM

Feb 2018
First season was not perfect by any means, but I love ShirayukiXZen so much
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 13, 2019 5:13 AM

Jun 2013
Good finale for season one.

ZEN X SHIRAYUKI MOMENTS. ♥‿♥ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ (>人<) (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Zen is dressing up as a guard in order to spend more time with his girl, Shirayuki. I love the play scene wherein Shirayuki is a substitute actress. Her role is a princess really fits her well. Zen, her knight-in-shining armor, saves the day. Those sketchy people are shocked that he intervenes their plans.

I feel sad when Obi gives the hair ornament to Shirayuki. I feel like his feelings for her are not reciprocated. But at least he is happy for her and Zen. :))

It is nice to see how the main characters bond with each other. Shirayuki, Zen, Obi, Mitsuhide, and Kiki have a great time during the Open Castle Day. They have friendship goals! ♥

There is an awesome recap of the first season at the end of the season finale. ♥

I truly enjoy watching this anime. What a great show! ♥
Jun 9, 2019 8:05 AM

May 2011
One of the most generic and boring shows I have ever seen. There is no tension and when there is one everything is solved in the same episode. For being a shoujo it is too basic.

3/10
Sep 10, 2019 4:45 AM

Apr 2017
Zen sneaking Shirayuki away for some alone time was so cute, though of course he couldn't remain unsupervised for too long c: Beautiful ending scene, I can't wait to start the second season now!
Feb 16, 2020 1:23 PM

May 2016
Average show 7/10 from me.
want to finish S2 but not sure about it.
Apr 20, 2020 4:22 PM

Jun 2013
Rewatched this, decided to keep it at 7 since even though I enjoyed it, I felt like it was still lacking. I'm going to start reading the manga soon and I am going to start the second season too.

This last episode didn't really do anything for me. It felt like filler, I'm not sure if it is or not but it was meh.
臭い-
Oct 27, 2020 10:10 AM
Jun 2020
well the first season is kinda meh for me
i know that it's normal to be predictable (cause its a shoujo) but I don't know i nearly predict all the events that happened but yeah i have no reason to hate this but for me got this is pretty boring 5/10
this is only my opinion
Dec 24, 2020 6:53 PM

Jul 2017
7/10 overall.

A good season overall showcasing a good couple coming together in a fairy tale manner but with actual individuality for both characters involved in said couple that it makes that dynamic even more interesting; seeing Shirayuki be able to do her own thing and same for Zen, but improve each other with being together to make each other's lives happier, sweeter and more exciting down the line. There were a couple episodes where I felt like the show felt a bit stagnant with nothing memorable happening outside the progression towards the romance and visually a couple episodes looked a bit on the cheaper side drawings wise despite the sweet nature behind the visuals with great lighting and colors, but when it comes to tone and charm, this show easily satisfies me in a ton of ways.

It's not a complex show that has a unique narrative or a powerful message necessarily, but it's a show that's meant for people who enjoy feels good, cheesy romance stories with elements of politics and individuality on the side as other themes.
Mar 17, 2021 2:04 PM

Nov 2016
Liked it well enough overall. Only gripe is that these characters just didn't quite click with me yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 5, 2021 4:57 AM

Feb 2019
Well, the series was better than I thought. The second half was better than the first. The series' strength lies in the romantic moments between Zen and Shirayuki, and I hope we get to see more of that in the second season! Looking forward to Princess Shirayuki ^^

7/10.
Aug 4, 2021 12:46 PM

Jan 2021
This show was OK. I actually enjoyed it!!
So I will give it a 8/10
Jan 22, 2022 7:39 AM

Dec 2020
that was a greaaat great PERFECT ending ep. besides kihal, it got a bit of every character lol. from the two gate guards, to ryu, to kiki and everyone else. loved that

zen getting caught upp in the moment when he saw shirayuki in that outfit. I SEE U. mitsuhibe being so happy for zen like a father/older brother was also theee cutest thing everrr. EVER.

last part with the lanterns(?) reminded me of rapunzel hahah. and zen saying that the future he'll go to with shirayuki wont leave the other 3 out or something was just .. Cries. love them sm
Feb 10, 2022 10:02 PM

Aug 2020
good ending for season 1. I enjoyed all the light hearted moments. Very sweet show

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Mar 9, 2022 3:25 AM

Aug 2018
The second part was real nice, love the flying balloons. Onto season 2 Next!
Aug 11, 2022 5:42 AM

Dec 2020
I wanted to like the show but I don't think I can. I just found it very plain? Zens backstory was a lil interesting, I prefer Obi more as a character. But overall I couldn't get too into it. It's not bad just probably not for me.
Sep 19, 2022 1:22 PM

Apr 2018
Bibimbapski said:
I liked it but not that much. I changed my rating from a 6/10 to a 7/10. It's what you'd expect from a shoujo but I just can't seem to like Zen no matter what. Sure he's your typical handsome prince with good manners and treats his lady love right but he just doesn't appeal to me.

My heart broke when Obi gave Shirayuki that hairpin and last episode he wanted to hold her hand but couldn't :(

Also, I'm dumber than fuck so I don't understand why they didn't want people to see Shirayuki's hair? So what if it's red? She belongs in the palace and the prince and his people will protect her. Their prince has white hair for crying out loud and Mitsuhide has green/teal hair so I'm sure red hair shouldn't be a big deal.

I wish they focused a little more on the pharmacy aspect of it though, wishing for this in the second season. Yay, now I can watch the second season since I've finished season 1. I should've finished this back in summer but I had way too much on my plate.

^ This tbh. I don't know what they're doing with Obi. Is he like a potential love interest or what? There are a few subtle hints that he seems to like her but hasn't realized it yet or does not want to push it further since he is following Zen's orders. I hope they clear this up in season 2 or else I'll be very disappointed why they even need to add those scenes in.

I honestly do not understand why they make red hair to be such a big deal when there are other characters with different hair colors, too. She wasn't afraid to show off her hair color back in her hometown, so why now? At least she'll be protected now if anything. The story is weak IMO. It's all over the place to the point that there wasn't a main story to follow. I can see Zen's love for her, but I did not feel Shirayuki likes him or shows any of that other than admiration before he landed the kiss on her. And then all of a sudden, she's like, "omg, I like you all this time." That was the vibe that I was getting. If anyone needs to point this out, please do. I might need to rewatch the episodes again to see or read the manga (maybe better that way).

I hope the second season's story will be better than this season's.

I'd give this season 6.5-7/10. It was okay; it started off great and then plummeted since the brother showed up. It could have been better.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2015

166 by nyaasar »»
Mar 11, 3:15 PM

» Any anime’s similar to this one?

slutforhange - Aug 21, 2021

13 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 7, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2015

189 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 24, 2015

127 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 26, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 10, 2015

114 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 25, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.