Forums

Visual Novel 'Ace Attorney' Gets TV Anime Adaptation for Spring 2016

New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 17, 2015 3:44 AM

Apr 2011
Tenyasha said:
If the 3rd game is ever adapted

Honestly speaking, I'm waiting to see Oldbag. Would be fun to see Edgeworth lose his shit when she appears.
Sep 17, 2015 3:44 AM

Sep 2015
Such ironic timing...

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
Sep 17, 2015 3:46 AM

May 2015
Stark700 said:
At long last it has come.

yhunata said:
Finally. Oh God, finally....... please don't suck.

Sep 17, 2015 3:53 AM

Jan 2015
What the fanbase will turn into though:

Status_EffectSep 17, 2015 4:29 AM
Sep 17, 2015 4:09 AM

Mar 2014
Please don't hire Seiji Kishit to direct this

Please
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 17, 2015 4:10 AM

Jul 2014
ToastofJustice said:
What the fanbase will turn into though:

tfw both links don't work.
"Hi!"
Sep 17, 2015 4:12 AM
Jun 2015
Comic_Sans said:

Please

Oh, but's he's AMAZING writer who gave us utter masterpieces like Danganronpa and Angel Beats which not only rushed the source material, but made Sayaka look like nothing more than a backstabbing bitch, Kanade look like a blander kuudere than Rei from Evangelion, made Naegi a naive little dipshit and made otanashi look like a total selfish asshole! Who wouldn't want that guy?!

In all seriousness, the only good thing to come out of him is Carnival Phantasm.
Sep 17, 2015 4:17 AM

May 2015
hell yeah I just recently got into ace attorney.
I want dick gumshoe

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Sep 17, 2015 4:20 AM

Feb 2012
Oh damn finally.
Sep 17, 2015 4:30 AM

Aug 2012
BEST NEWS EVER!
Sep 17, 2015 4:32 AM
May 2007
I can't believe anime is happening now. It's been ages I wanted this for so long.
Mar 2010
oh my

May 2010
played the first game on a emu on pc..i cant wait for this to air!
Sep 17, 2015 4:50 AM

Jul 2011
MY BODY IS READY !
Sep 17, 2015 5:00 AM
Aug 2015
Never expected Ace Attorney to get an anime but I am going to have to try to get an open mind about it (but still excited at the same time).
Sep 17, 2015 5:00 AM

Apr 2011
Sir_M said:
Such ironic timing...

Not much, considering Capcom announced this in the TGS.
Sep 17, 2015 5:18 AM

Mar 2010
YES! *.*
Sep 17, 2015 5:20 AM

Feb 2013
The time has finally come.

Sep 17, 2015 5:22 AM
Aug 2015
WO-HOOO!!!!

Finally! I hope it will adapt 24 episodes, with all the big cases in the trilogy. Godot FTW!
Sep 17, 2015 6:26 AM

Oct 2014
JewellTH said:
Comic_Sans said:

Please

Oh, but's he's AMAZING writer who gave us utter masterpieces like Danganronpa and Angel Beats which not only rushed the source material, but made Sayaka look like nothing more than a backstabbing bitch, Kanade look like a blander kuudere than Rei from Evangelion, made Naegi a naive little dipshit and made otanashi look like a total selfish asshole! Who wouldn't want that guy?!

In all seriousness, the only good thing to come out of him is Carnival Phantasm.

He also directed Assassination Classroom. He skipped a few side-stories of the manga, but those could still be salvaged by season 2 and it didn't feel rushed at all. Please name a single director who you would have ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE that he/she would be able to adapt Danganronpa in ONE COUR. I bet you won't find one who could do it with what is essentially only roughly 300 minutes/5 hours of content. The lenght of the game was like 20-30 hours of content. Now you also have to make sure that the content of the trials was understandable and prevent plot holes caused by cut dialogue. IMO it's way harder than the likes of adapting normal visual novels like Fate/stay night, so IMO Seiji Kishi did what he could. It was just that the job he was given was impossible from the start.
Sep 17, 2015 6:26 AM

May 2015
pikeru said:
CaptainZoro said:
"OBJECTION!"......cant wait to hear this in the anime :D
HOLD IT! too

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Sep 17, 2015 6:28 AM

Oct 2014
TheGeniusBaka said:
pikeru said:
HOLD IT! too

TAKE THAT!

Sep 2009
There are a few things that bother me here (not counting the thread title, that mistakes an adventure game for a VN, that is):

1) Voice acting. "Objection" is one of the very few cases where English version sounds much better than JP one. But, watching the entire anime with a dub is not an option. I highly doubt I could stand listening to ENG VAs, save for those shouts from the game (and I hate to rely on translations).
2) Speaking of translations - I'm kinda used to the highly Americanized localization of the games. So, on the one hand, watching the original version could be seriously confusing now, and on the other hand - I don't want to touch any localizations ever again.
3) They can't even make decent adaptations of gameplay-free VNs most of the time, so how will they adapt an adventure game where plenty of fun lies in the gameplay?

Sigh, I really can't be optimistic about this...

Mar 2014
Comic_Sans said:

Please
He's perfect for this tho.
Sep 17, 2015 6:29 AM

Sep 2009
Yes!! Yesss! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!
I still can't believe it. I'm do happy rn ;D
Sep 17, 2015 6:41 AM

Nov 2010
FUCK YES

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN
Sep 17, 2015 6:43 AM

Jan 2015
Grey-Zone said:
TheGeniusBaka said:
HOLD IT! too

TAKE THAT!

GOTCHA!

See, I can do it too.
Sep 17, 2015 6:49 AM

Apr 2008
Sounds like it could be a lot of fun! :)
Sep 17, 2015 7:17 AM

Mar 2014
Grey-Zone said:
He also directed Assassination Classroom. He skipped a few side-stories of the manga, but those could still be salvaged by season 2 and it didn't feel rushed at all. Please name a single director who you would have ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE that he/she would be able to adapt Danganronpa in ONE COUR. I bet you won't find one who could do it with what is essentially only roughly 300 minutes/5 hours of content. The lenght of the game was like 20-30 hours of content. Now you also have to make sure that the content of the trials was understandable and prevent plot holes caused by cut dialogue. IMO it's way harder than the likes of adapting normal visual novels like Fate/stay night, so IMO Seiji Kishi did what he could. It was just that the job he was given was impossible from the start.
Cool

You forgot to mention that he's the one who directed Persona 4 The Golden Animation
Paulo27 said:
He's perfect for this tho.
Yeah, yeah, no

He's good at directing comedy and SoL series like AssClass but not video game adaptations
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 17, 2015 7:23 AM
Jun 2015
Grey-Zone said:
JewellTH said:

Oh, I was unaware he was behind assassination classroom. I only knew about Angel Beats, Danganronpa and Carnival phantasm. I know he has done good work but he usually picks the things he's obviously not going to adapt well. He should really focus more on two cour shows and less on adapting popular source material that are going to be adapted into one cour series... Unless if there was going to be season 2.
Sep 17, 2015 7:31 AM

Jul 2013
I saw this news yesterday and went crying into total happiness.
Now, i wonder which studio will do this.
Bones seems good, they did the anime cutscenes for Dual Destinies after all.
MadHouse would be awesome, but then again, whenever i wish for Madhouse to animate something, never happens, so that is out of the list.
no
Sep 17, 2015 7:47 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
JewellTH said:
Grey-Zone said:

Oh, I was unaware he was behind assassination classroom. I only knew about Angel Beats, Danganronpa and Carnival phantasm. I know he has done good work but he usually picks the things he's obviously not going to adapt well. He should really focus more on two cour shows and less on adapting popular source material that are going to be adapted into one cour series... Unless if there was going to be season 2.

And this season he's doing Ranpo Kitan and its... not really good. :|
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 17, 2015 7:49 AM
Apr 2015
HOLY SHIT PLEASE DON'T MESS THIS UP AFTER ALL THESE YEARS IT'S ABOUT TIME
Sep 17, 2015 7:55 AM

Apr 2014
i can only guess lerche for the studio
Sep 17, 2015 8:01 AM

Jul 2009
About damn time, Capcom.
Sep 17, 2015 8:06 AM

Dec 2012
An anime adaption O.o? Hmm.. I think movies fit the franchice better than anime, but I shouldn't complain :P

This is great! And then there is Ace Attorney 6, Danganronpa 3 and Zero Escape 3 comming soon as well :D
Sep 17, 2015 8:13 AM
Jun 2015
DatRandomDude said:
JewellTH said:

And this season he's doing Ranpo Kitan and its... not really good. :|

I dropped Ranpo Kitan at episode 8. It was pretty stupid and shoved "WE CAN USE SYMBOLISM" in our faces.
Sep 17, 2015 8:18 AM

Jul 2010
Time to play the games...
Sep 17, 2015 8:19 AM

Nov 2008
Hopefully it's an original story or if it covers the first 3 games a 3 cour anime.

Sep 17, 2015 8:20 AM

Mar 2013
Blimey! Looks like my fantasy is becoming a reality. I hope it goes down well~
Sep 17, 2015 8:20 AM

Sep 2013
Always heard about this franchise but never played the games.
Maybe a 2cour if it isn't by madhouse :P
Sep 17, 2015 8:29 AM

Mar 2013
After so many years... I finally feel hype about something! For the love of God, do these games justice!
Sep 17, 2015 8:34 AM

Jun 2008
I'll just wait for Layton to get a TV anime adaption. The movie wasn't enough.
Sep 17, 2015 8:41 AM

Jan 2015
It's here.
Sep 17, 2015 8:44 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Kind of excited since I'm a huge fan of the game series, but also...

Paul said:
Inb4 most video game to anime adaptions suck.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Sep 17, 2015 8:44 AM
Jun 2015
Chibi-Alice said:
I'll just wait for Layton to get a TV anime adaption. The movie wasn't enough.

Agreed.
Sep 17, 2015 8:52 AM

Sep 2011
I'm amazed it took this long

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 17, 2015 9:03 AM

Jun 2011
Final-fucking-ly! I wouldn't have thought that it would get an anime adaption, it's like a dream come true! Awesome news XD
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 17, 2015 9:09 AM

May 2014
What is this ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2015 9:12 AM

Aug 2014
I guess it's a good time to buy the trilogy. I've always been interested in the franchise.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
3 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
3 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.