Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 16, 2015 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see Silvermask again. I mean, it's been a few episodes without him being on screen...

Violence also takes hold quite a bit too on th
e battlefield. Interesting to see Hermes making an army though.

However, it's still also interesting to see Silvermask's ideals. Nice to also see Arslan taking care of his responsibilities :p
Stark700Aug 16, 2015 7:45 AM
Aug 16, 2015 2:47 AM

Feb 2015

Whoah, hottest Arslan end card.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2015 3:39 AM

Aug 2010
Nice to see more focus on Hermes. Sucks that Sam joined him D: It's cool from a story perspective but that means he's inevitably gonna lose and I like this guy a lot ^^;

Hope we see Bodin die a painful death. The hate I have for him is unreal and he was so stupid sending the soldiers out for a burned flag lol

Arslan has written his decrees now. I wonder if we'll even get to the part where he gets called the liberator in the little remaining eps.

New chick nxt ep
Aug 16, 2015 3:56 AM

Jun 2014
We finally get to see Hermes again, and they crushed the Lusitanians. I hope that crazy priest Bodin is killed in the worst way, he frustrates me so much. Didn't miss him at all.

Hopefully whatever is coming up won't be rushed, especially since there's only 6 episodes left. They'll either rush things or we'll get a second season.

A̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶e̶p̶i̶s̶o̶d̶e̶.̶

EDIT: According to some of these comments, that "new character" is apparently Etoile? So never mind about what I said about seeing a new character next episode. It seems that everyone's suspicions, mine included, of Etoile being a girl are true.
thebrentinator24Aug 16, 2015 5:20 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 16, 2015 4:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Silvermask is surely interesting and he also Sam on his side. I wonder where the story will go between him and Arslan.
Aug 16, 2015 4:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The classic 'spoiling' narrator appeared again in this episode.

I'm pleased that 'Guts' didn't join Silvermask. He would have been a formidable opponent.

That end card!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 16, 2015 4:58 AM

Jun 2011
Interesting episode. Can't wait for the next one (we get to see Etoile again ^^)
Aug 16, 2015 5:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was a really amusing episode focusing on Hermes and I enjoyed every single bit of it....

That Kubard guy was awesome and the way he helped out in the battle was pretty cool but it's a shame that we didn't get to see that annoying cunt priest get killed

The ending part with Arslan was the coolest part though and after seeing the PV for the next episode, looks like the big secret about a certain character will be revealed and boy oh boy is this person pretty damn cute lol
Aug 16, 2015 5:52 AM

Nov 2010
Good episode. Would be nice to see Kubard joining Arslan's company.

Oogure Ito's endcard sure looks fine as hell.
Aug 16, 2015 6:39 AM

May 2009
Look who's back next week
Aug 16, 2015 7:26 AM

Jul 2009
I can't wait to see Bodin lose his head, his little castle will fall apart after this battle and probably Hermes will behead him.

Was nice to see Kubard alive and kicking some Lusitania's soldiers asses.
Aug 16, 2015 7:34 AM

Jul 2010
Quite surprised that Hermes was able to gather that much soldiers, which also didn't seem like a newly trained army too. If Hermes defeats Bodin, it would be Hermes's forces are stronger bringing an even stronger threat, unless Guiscard's is truly that great to know that Hermes won't be bringing back an even bigger amount, it would be fun to see Lusitanian defeating itself.

Liked how Kubard asked Hermes those questions before deciding to depart again, saying how Narsus joining Arslan is interesting, I hope it means that he would join them. Those signings, I wonder how many people would rise to the call of the Crown Prince. Though the most interesting part is just to what extent would Pars be split after the defeat of Lusitania.
Aug 16, 2015 8:05 AM

Jun 2013
that endcard looks awesome
Aug 16, 2015 8:28 AM

Jan 2010
bastek66 said:

I smell romance in the air in next ep! xD

Welp, dat is one good update situations on other hand. owo...can't wait for moooree!

Aug 16, 2015 9:28 AM

Jul 2014
Farabeuf said:

Yes, I hate that so much. Way to take the only possible exciting elements of the story. But I'm glad we got to see Hermes/Silvermask again, he's really the only interesting character.
Aug 16, 2015 9:38 AM

Feb 2014
bastek66 said:

Who's that?
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Aug 16, 2015 10:08 AM
Jan 2013
Farabeuf said:

I'm pleased that 'Guts' didn't join Silvermask. He would have been a formidable opponent.

That end card!

LMAO yeah that sword was quite something.
Aug 16, 2015 10:27 AM

Jun 2013
One again we see the asshole King...I didn't know he tried to kill his family. Thought he was a foreign invader
Aug 16, 2015 10:39 AM

Jan 2015
FINALLY, ETOILE!! She's prettier than I imagined! ^_^ It seems something will upset her and she might stop believing the Lusitanians so fiercely, which is good, if she sides Arslan, he found a waifu. xD

It was somehow relieving not to see Daryun and Narsus being the complete badasses they are for one whole episode, there was some development from Hermes' point of view and it's good, he's the antagonist afterall. I like to know what he thinks and does, the battle was very good. Seems like Sam found out the truth about Andragoras and is now shaken...

One thing that confused me is Xandes, Kharlan's son. In episode 12 he fell off a cliff with an arrow fired by Farangis, thought he died big time and there he is by Hermes' side still. Guess that cliff wasn't so tall? :P

Lastly, the spoiler narrator made me worry from the way he told the story now, because I am craving for a Season 2, I really hope they will continue the story and not rush anything in those last 5 episodes. It's been a nice pacing until now, makes it feel like a second run is needed if this season finale is done right, I'm hoping for it.
neko_colaAug 16, 2015 10:44 AM
Aug 16, 2015 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
I gotta say, this ep was so refreshing. I got pretty bored seeing Arlsan's squad all the time. Quite happy to see Hermes back (I was literally sobbing), he's my fave,fave,faaaavorite character in this series.

Sam is fine and he's serving Hermes. I'm glad Hermes has someone on his side now. I wonder if he'll stay loyal to him until the end.
I thought some misfortune befell on Kubard back then in the battle against Lusitanians invading Pars but I see he's alive & doing well.
Wow, Xandes is alive too.
Hmmm, I'm glad these charas didn't loose so easily and I get to see them again :)) ^^

slovak125 said:
bastek66 said:

Who's that?

Most likely to be Etoile, or he has a sister.
Aug 16, 2015 11:01 AM

Jun 2013
wait wut? Etoile doesnt even look relatively close to when she was playing soldier. Long hair works wonders.
Aug 16, 2015 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
We get to see Hermes again.

Sam is now serving under Hermes.
Aug 16, 2015 11:40 AM

Apr 2010
Andragoras is still an asshole even while imprisoned. lol It was refreshing to have an episode about Hermes.
Aug 16, 2015 12:15 PM

Jun 2013
Man, it's so rare to see an anime like this. All historic battles, politics, strategy, and very little bullshit in between. Also, finally an excuse for such a young protagonist, seeing as children were often put into positions of serious power back then.
Aug 16, 2015 12:21 PM

Aug 2014
Really nice episode that got back to what made the series good. I honestly don't have any problems with the narrator. It's telling us things that the story probably wont get to anyway and it makes it feel like a dramatized history.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Aug 16, 2015 12:33 PM

Apr 2015
Silvermask has Sam and supposedly Kubard on his side now, who acknowledges the upcoming bloodshed on the right to the throne. Arslan's also established some laws for his future reign, and coming from the preview, it seems she's back. Decent episode.
Aug 16, 2015 1:20 PM

Apr 2014
Didn't Xandes die already?
Kubard is still alive, but take no side...hm, hope he will join Arslan's harem.
Arslan is on the move to take back his kingdom.
It's finally going to be the final arc of this series...and the end as well?
Aug 16, 2015 2:36 PM

Mar 2015
An interesting episode, as always the battle scene was entertaining.

It seems this series is entering its final stages. I'm pretty excited for next week.
Aug 16, 2015 4:00 PM

Jun 2014
best arslan senki episodes are when theres no arslan in it
Aug 16, 2015 5:39 PM

Jun 2014
Im glad to finally get another look into the Pars capital. Its been several weeks. The Lusitanian King, Bodin, Guiscard, and Hermes all have their own agendas to lowball the others and usurp power.

Its very entertaining to see that there are really 3 wars going on in this series.
1. Lusitania's conquest of Pars,
2. The current civil war within the new Lusitania-Pars capital for power,
3. The upcoming civil war between the two Parsian princes.
and that's even discounting the Sindhuran civil was as unrelated.
m-i-c-h-a-e-lAug 16, 2015 5:50 PM
Aug 17, 2015 12:41 AM

Mar 2013
It was a very interesting episode. Can't help but think they spent too much time on Raj and Sindhura.
But Oh gawd things are finally stirring up.
Only handful of eps remain. Can't wait to see how things will turn out.

That end card tho *Q*
Also, ship incoming in next episode XD
Aug 17, 2015 1:36 AM

Dec 2012
Hm . . . I wonder how is this anime going to end. With a cliffhanger, I presume?

The decree about slavery was kind of a surprise. I thought Arslan would at least figure out how to abolish slavery in a way that would not harm the slaves(learning from the early episodes where he was about to get killed by the slaves he had freed). So that's for nothing?

m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Its very entertaining to see that there are really 3 wars going on in this series.
1. Lusitania's conquest of Pars,
2. The current civil war within the new Lusitania-Pars capital for power,
3. The upcoming civil war between the two Parsian princes.
and that's even discounting the Sindhuran civil was as unrelated.

Indeed, but I am afraid that the Lusitania's side will not be fleshed out like the other sides until the end. Because so far, their side is pretty much "evil people doing evil things."
I like anime.
Aug 17, 2015 2:33 AM

Oct 2012
No Arslan this time = Good episode.

So Etoile is woman? Funny how she was manlier than Arslan himself.
Aug 17, 2015 7:15 AM

Jul 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:

Indeed, but I am afraid that the Lusitania's side will not be fleshed out like the other sides until the end. Because so far, their side is pretty much "evil people doing evil things."

I really wouldn't call them "evil" or even invading Pars simply for the sake of being "evil".

They are no different than any kingdom in that era wanting to expand their land and riches. They saw an opportunity and they took it. As far as Pars and its people concerned, they aren't exactly saints. It just so happens that our protagonists are the few decent people who happened to be Parsians and they too don't mind killing or blackmailing into achieving their goals.
Aug 17, 2015 7:38 AM

Dec 2012
MoeGod said:
I really wouldn't call them "evil" or even invading Pars simply for the sake of being "evil".

They are no different than any kingdom in that era wanting to expand their land and riches. They saw an opportunity and they took it. As far as Pars and its people concerned, they aren't exactly saints. It just so happens that our protagonists are the few decent people who happened to be Parsians and they too don't mind killing or blackmailing into achieving their goals.

I would not call their decision to invade Pars is evil either, but they way they act are looking really evil.(e.g. how the soldiers treated the Pars people, Bodin's personality & his face is looking way too evil like in mainstream shoune anime, & the way they simply betray the slaves after promising freedom)
Honestly, do you think Lusitanian side so far is well established(their way of thinking, their characters, etc.) just like the others?
I like anime.
Aug 17, 2015 9:38 AM

Dec 2013
Slow developments on both sides. Lusitania is still embroiled in internal conflict between the royals and their church. Hermes is a long ways away from gaining decent advisors and followers of real standing. As for Arslan... well, he's trying to build an army with what little credibility that he has right now.

This is gonna be a long, long story. I just hope they've already planned for a season 2 (in the least).

Nice to see Etoile returning next episode. I've been waiting for this for a while now.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 17, 2015 12:43 PM

Oct 2013
It was refreshing to finally see a battle where Narsus-su isn't involved in. Sadly, it wasn't as enjoyable as it could've been, mainly due to how much of a cartoonish villain Bodin is depicted as. It's literally impossible to take him seriously, at all.

The moment where he had his templars charge out of the castle due to that flag being burned was cringeworthy. Fanatics they may be, but they're still an organized army. There's only so much suspension of disbelief one can have for such a scene...
ManlyTearAug 17, 2015 12:46 PM
Aug 17, 2015 4:43 PM

Jun 2010
I like the one eyed guy. you got to love the lazy nonchalant womanizing yet powerful old guy trope by now.

the best part was during the preview for the next episode.
seems like the zealot from back then was a reverse trap, a mighty fine one in fact.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Aug 17, 2015 9:45 PM

Sep 2009
I think this Narrator took his spoiling lessons from the guy who did Legend of the Galactic Heros.
Aug 18, 2015 2:43 AM

Nov 2014
I liked Sam, I still do. I don't blame him for being on Hermis side, that is the correct option given his choices and knowledge about the whole situation.
However, I can't see Hermis a peace maker, he is certainly looking for revenge.
When I imagine him as a king, I see him very similar to Hendoragas, maybe little smarter.

I liked Kobard (one eyed guy), I guess he would meet Arslan at some point and have an important role then

Arslan on the other hand, had officially prohibited slavery.
I hope the two sides meet soon.
Aug 18, 2015 4:55 AM
Jul 2018
Segneal said:
best arslan senki episodes are when theres no arslan in it

Bingo! :DDDDD
Aug 18, 2015 6:18 AM

Dec 2012
Nice to see more focus on the other side, good episode.
Aug 18, 2015 7:59 AM

Jul 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:

I would not call their decision to invade Pars is evil either, but they way they act are looking really evil.(e.g. how the soldiers treated the Pars people, Bodin's personality & his face is looking way too evil like in mainstream shoune anime, & the way they simply betray the slaves after promising freedom)
Honestly, do you think Lusitanian side so far is well established(their way of thinking, their characters, etc.) just like the others?

Bodin is your typical religious extremist, it's just that Arakawa's design really made him look like the stock evil shonen guy. As for the Lusitanians, I don't think they can be expanded that much more. As far as motives and personalities go, the king's brother is almost no different than Rajendra. Calculative, opportunistic, and with the typical desire to expand their influence. The fat king was simply... clueless. He's nothing more than a figure head.

I don't think there would be any point to explore their motives any further at this point. Any chance to do so was already wasted it on Rajendra. Any further developments would be tied with their relationship and Hermes anyway. Whatever revelations that Andragoras and Hermes have in the future would simply overshadow whatever little development they can give to the Lusitanians.
Aug 18, 2015 8:29 AM

Dec 2012
MoeGod said:
Bodin is your typical religious extremist, it's just that Arakawa's design really made him look like the stock evil shonen guy. As for the Lusitanians, I don't think they can be expanded that much more. As far as motives and personalities go, the king's brother is almost no different than Rajendra. Calculative, opportunistic, and with the typical desire to expand their influence. The fat king was simply... clueless. He's nothing more than a figure head.

I don't think there would be any point to explore their motives any further at this point. Any chance to do so was already wasted it on Rajendra. Any further developments would be tied with their relationship and Hermes anyway. Whatever revelations that Andragoras and Hermes have in the future would simply overshadow whatever little development they can give to the Lusitanians.

Typical or not, his character is very cartoonish. Yes, the way he wants to kill & despises all heathens are realistic, but the way he preaches it is very "evil guy" like any other villains in some shounen anime shows. The idea to make Bodin a religious exteimist is there, but the execution is rather shallow.
But Rajendra's character was well-established & had more than calculative and opportunistic side. As for the king's brother, we barely know him. The fact that I do not even care about his name is pretty much an indication that his character is not good enough.

I would not go as far as saying there's no point to explore more about Lusitania's side. The fact that their side is presented as the collaborator of the antagonist pretty much saying that their side is important to the main plot. So to not explore more about their side is a not a good idea.
I like anime.
Aug 18, 2015 11:18 PM

Oct 2011
Hermes rids the Lusitania

Arslan didn't talk
Aug 19, 2015 12:48 PM

Jul 2009
I hope Kubard joins Arslan.
Aug 19, 2015 2:42 PM

Nov 2014
I would lol so hard if it turned out that Narsus was just riding Arslan to power all along, because hell if that wasn't what that scene looked like. "Here, kid, sign this stuff, I promise it's going to be cool." Such a good little puppet king.
Quality Queen.
Aug 19, 2015 9:01 PM

Jun 2015
RAWRfizzz said:
I would lol so hard if it turned out that Narsus was just riding Arslan to power all along, because hell if that wasn't what that scene looked like. "Here, kid, sign this stuff, I promise it's going to be cool." Such a good little puppet king.

that would be one of the best plot twist ever lol
Aug 19, 2015 11:00 PM

Dec 2013
Another Guts? LOL

Cool to see Hermes side again after so long. Bodin is a dumbass.
Aug 20, 2015 3:41 AM
Aug 2015
liked this episod! it's getting more exciting from now :)
after each episod i wonder the fanart what would like and from who ?!>> i like candies ♥
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

118 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 24, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

109 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 11, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

115 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 9, 1:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.