Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Jun 10, 2015 6:33 AM

Aug 2013
Midori-tan said:
They will probably marry her off to someone who shares the father's mentality.

Midori-tan said:
she will only be allowed to do so in restricted environments

where the hell do you live?
Jun 10, 2015 6:33 AM

Feb 2008
icirate said:
Midori-tan said:
And for the record: in my country education is free except for private schools, thus she can be put in any public school and it won't cost a dime. Gender is the issue at hand and not money.

Just to clarify, the boy was sent to an expensive private school and the girl was sent to a public one? The way you've been phrasing it so far has me doubting my interpretation :s

Yes to the boy. However, when it comes to public education there are the regular schools, and there are religious institutions with limited education. The girl is being enrolled into one of those institutions.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jun 10, 2015 6:35 AM

Jun 2008
Baelish said:
Midori-tan said:

Midori-tan said:

Saudi Arabia it seems.
Jun 10, 2015 6:36 AM

Feb 2008
Baelish said:
Midori-tan said:

Midori-tan said:

I live in a shithole that needs a lot of feminism and social justice. Sexism and misogyny are still a thing and many young girls and women are oppressed and not given many opportunities.

Jun 10, 2015 6:37 AM

Aug 2013
Midori-tan said:

I live in a shithole that needs a lot of feminism and social justice. Sexism and misogyny are still a thing and many young girls and women are oppressed and not given many opportunities.

and that country issss.....? vagary is up for personal interpretation after all. It would help us to know the nation instead of relying on an individuals opinions and what they claim.
Jun 10, 2015 6:39 AM

Feb 2008
Monad said:
Baelish said:

Saudi Arabia it seems.

No. Having said all of that, we are way better than fucking Saudi Arabia. At least the Law here grants equal rights to men and women. (yes sone will not make a legal move because they do not want to bring scandal to their family and some other shit).

Jun 10, 2015 6:39 AM

Feb 2008
Baelish said:
Midori-tan said:

and that country issss.....? vagary is up for personal interpretation after all. It would help us to know the nation instead of relying on an individuals opinions and what they claim.

I would like to keep such personal information to myself and not share it over the internet.

Jun 10, 2015 6:41 AM

Aug 2013
Midori-tan said:

No. Having said all of that, we are way better than fucking Saudi Arabia. At least the Law here grants equal rights to men and women. (yes sone will not make a legal move because they do not want to bring scandal to their family and some other shit).

ah you see thats where we run into a problem. When someone is been intentionally vague and avoiding answering a question thats got nothing personal to them IE their address. IT means usually they're hiding behind deception to claim what they want without any kind of evidence.

I could claim my nation says its ok to rape but if I gave the actual nations name anyone can research and find out thats not true. I can't believe you solely on your personal interpretation. After all most feminists see our first world countries as rape sympathetic sexist male dominated scum holes too.

Your vagary implies deceit.

Midori-tan said:

I would like to keep such personal information to myself and not share it over the internet.

Personal information is your country? honestly...I don't think it narrows it down to where you live otherwise I might as well deny I live on earth because its too much personal info. I hope you understand why I won't be able to trust your opinions on such things. Keep all the information back if you choose but it won't help legitimate your argument or claims here.
SpooksJun 10, 2015 6:45 AM
Jun 10, 2015 6:45 AM
Mar 2013
Midori-tan said:
Baelish said:

how about the continent? btw I don't mind if you don't want to tell us. Everyone's entitled to privacy.
Jun 10, 2015 6:47 AM

Feb 2008
Baelish said:
Midori-tan said:

ah you see thats where we run into a problem. When someone is been intentionally vague and avoiding answering a question thats got nothing personal to them IE their address. IT means usually they're hiding behind deception to claim what they want without any kind of evidence.

I could claim my nation says its ok to rape but if I gave the actual nations name anyone can research and find out thats not true. I can't believe you solely on your personal interpretation. After all most feminists see our first world countries as rape sympathetic sexist male dominated scum holes too.

Your vagary implies deceit.

Midori-tan said:

Personal information is your country? honestly...I don't think it narrows it down to where you live otherwise I might as well deny I live on earth because its too much personal info.

Your vagary implies deceit, again. I hope you understand why I won't be able to trust your opinions on such things.

I could care less how you feel about my posts. I was simply contributing to a thread. But of course, I will dedicate some of my busy day to come up with a fictional story for unknown reasons and blah blah blah. Really, I have a bigger issue at hand here, and you all you care about is the validity of the story? And yes, I would rather keep a low profile on the internet, this has nothing to do with anything else.

Jun 10, 2015 6:51 AM

Aug 2013
Midori-tan said:
I have a bigger issue at hand here, and you all you care about is the validity of the story?

If your talking about the bigger issues of feminism then yes I do need something when it comes to your argument been a story that could be made up. Its not even the part about the family but your summing up of your nation. If it really is a place where women are that oppressed should be obvious to give a shout out to what that nation is. So we can have a look into it ourselves.

If your argument for feminism is to look at how bad it is in your nation, then we can't do that if we don't know what that country is can we. So we only have your word that feminism is terribly needed. I could say I know the pope but someone would expect something in the way of backing that claim up. You may think im trying to pick at you here but im just claiming the obvious gaps in your story you brought here to argue your opinion. You can't expect nobody to question it because you say so, something like that stands out like a beacon just asking for probing. Thats not how forums work, just sayin.
SpooksJun 10, 2015 6:54 AM
Jun 10, 2015 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
feminism is shit
and everyone who thinks it's still needed
Jun 10, 2015 6:59 AM

Jan 2015
I think radical feminism is some sort of communist agenda coz it promotes total equality. Its wrong to say radical feminism is some sort fascist propaganda coz fascists oppose feminism in the first place. A proper feminism like the one the Jesuits campaigning should be the one followed not some ultra radical feminism that disabling the rights of men
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jun 10, 2015 7:06 AM

Feb 2008
Baelish said:
Midori-tan said:
I have a bigger issue at hand here, and you all you care about is the validity of the story?

If your talking about the bigger issues of feminism then yes I do need something when it comes to your argument been a story that could be made up. Its not even the part about the family but your summing up of your nation. If it really is a place where women are that oppressed should be obvious to give a shout out to what that nation is. So we can have a look into it ourselves.

If your argument for feminism is to look at how bad it is in your nation, then we can't do that if we don't know what that country is can we. So we only have your word that feminism is terribly needed. I could say I know the pope but someone would expect something in the way of backing that claim up. You may think im trying to pick at you here but im just claiming the obvious gaps in your story you brought here to argue your opinion. You can't expect nobody to question it because you say so, something like that stands out like a beacon just asking for probing. Thats not how forums work, just sayin.

Some women, not all. And this 'some', despite them not being the majority or even near it, still need to have their voices heard. As I said earlier, my country treats everyone equally, it what happens behind closed doors that is concerning. Feminism needs to be taught in schools, girls must learn that they are as valid as boys, so that when a girl is about to be oppressed by her family she knows that the law is on her side. I have seen cases like this, once girls have this knowledge that no one has the right to treat them like this have taken legal actions, and they won the case. It is a matter of making this knowledge available for everyone. This is why feminism is needed. If we withhold it and claim that it is not needed any longer, we are taking away the mean by which some girls and women might need to escape their horrible living conditions.
I come from a household that believes in the importance of education and work. I have seen the lengths my parents took to ensure that we make it out of school with good grades, and that we had the choice to study whatever we want and work where ever we want. Such an opportunity should be available to everyone else, men and women alike. It makes no sense to allow only girl or boys to enjoy such a necessity.
I'm not saying that this is a special case or whatnot. Every country has a group that still practices such oppressions against females. It is not the norm, but its still there. And those oppressed minorities need to be given a voice, and to be educated of their rights.
I haven't been pointing fingers at any political institution nor at any country. This is not a case of East vs. West or secularism vs. religion. This is a purely humanitarian case that can happen to anyone anywhere.

Jun 10, 2015 7:06 AM

Feb 2015
Midori-tan said:
I would rather keep a low profile on the internet, this has nothing to do with anything else.

I like to keep a low profile too, but it's a country! Countries are huge! I guess I'm just proud of my nation c:
Greetings from Australia, the world's most comfortable prison colony.

Midori-tan said:
However, when it comes to public education there are the regular schools, and there are religious institutions with limited education. The girl is being enrolled into one of those institutions.

I see you made that correlation yourself. I went to a religious school (Christian (Anglican)) and had a fantastic and well-rounded education, so I hope you'll understand my suspicion given that my personal experience is in direct conflict with that correlation of yours.
It's okay to admit that you have a hatred for a religion. I probably hate a lot of the beliefs you hold too. Let's all hate things together! c:

Midori-tan said:
Sadly, those things don't matter. They will probably marry her off to someone who shares the father's mentality.

Midori-tan said:
At least the Law here grants equal rights to men and women.

One of these statements belies the other.

Midori-tan said:
Education and getting a job is not a priority, because even if she works, she will only be allowed to do so in restricted environments, ones with little to no male and secular components.

Do you live in some sort of insular mini-village or something? I literally can't imagine a western town where such restrictions are in place. I guess you might be part of an Arabic or Indian commune for all I know, but it's hard to know how relevant your problems are to the world in which I live and the values that I hold without that sort of knowledge.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Jun 10, 2015 7:08 AM

Feb 2008
Remv_quevav said:
I think radical feminism is some sort of communist agenda coz it promotes total equality. Its wrong to say radical feminism is some sort fascist propaganda coz fascists oppose feminism in the first place. A proper feminism like the one the Jesuits campaigning should be the one followed not some ultra radical feminism that disabling the rights of men

Men and women are equal. What is so hard to understand about this simple sentence? (or why disagree with i in the first place? Whoever declared men to be one step above women????? Far as I know it varies from person to person, gender has nothing to do with anything).

Jun 10, 2015 7:13 AM

Jan 2015
Midori-tan said:
Men and women are equal. What is so hard to understand about this simple sentence? (or why disagree with i in the first place? Whoever declared men to be one step above women????? Far as I know it varies from person to person, gender has nothing to do with anything).
I only disagree radical feminism that harms men's rights. Im not totally opposing to feminism if it doesnt harm anyone or following moral standards
Jun 10, 2015 7:14 AM

Feb 2008
@ icirate
I don't hate religion at all. I'm just too chill about it, I do what I do and don't really care about anything else. And I mean all religions, not just one or two.
Law is a tool available to those who know about it. If one does not know about the existence of a certain law due to lack of proper education, the oppressor can ensure that they will not be defied, simply out of ignorance.
No no, I mean places like religious school where can teach or be part of administration. Or a private all-girls schools and such places.
I was like you in the past, such things were simply not fathomable to me. I inquired about matters, asked around and read a lot, and came to know that many girls around the world (even in some American towns) are not being treated respectfully and have so many opportunities taken away from them.

Jun 10, 2015 7:15 AM

Feb 2015
Midori-tan said:
Men and women are equal.

The vagueness of that statement is incomparable.

icirate said:
It's not like feminists are uniquely stupid and incapable of defining words. The problem is that equality can mean 'equal opportunity' or 'equal results'. These two things are incompatible. Therefore equality will forever be unachievable.

Jun 10, 2015 7:16 AM

Feb 2008
Remv_quevav said:
Midori-tan said:
I only disagree radical feminism that harms men's rights. Im not totally opposing to feminism if it doesnt harm anyone or following moral standards

Harming men's rights? Lol, I'm face to face with an MRA, who would have thought.

Jun 10, 2015 7:21 AM

Feb 2008
icirate said:
Midori-tan said:
Men and women are equal.

icirate said:
It's not like feminists are uniquely stupid and incapable of defining words. The problem is that equality can mean 'equal opportunity' or 'equal results'. These two things are incompatible. Therefore equality will forever be unachievable.

Wrong.
The issues here is that such matters are divided not based on personal and cognitive abilities and differences, but based on gender. You cannot say that ALL men are so and so, as you cannot say that ALL women are so and so. Some men are smart, some aren't. Some women are are smart, some aren't. Once we look beyond the different genders we can understand better how those things work. We are using 'gender' as a barrier to restrict ourselves and our opportunities. 'Gender' has been harmful to men as for women. Therefore feminism is not a movement about bashing men, but its about giving both men and women equal rights and opportunities.

Jun 10, 2015 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
religion and feminism are the two biggest abominations in this world
both should be incinerated from the earth's surface
and never brought back
Jun 10, 2015 7:25 AM

Jan 2015
Midori-tan said:
Harming men's rights? Lol, I'm face to face with an MRA, who would have thought.
so ur saying rights are for females only? thats radical feminism for u folks
Andomarn said:
radical feminism is the biggest abomination in this world
it should be incinerated from the earth's surface
and never brought back
lets fix that shall we pls
Jun 10, 2015 7:26 AM

Feb 2015
Midori-tan said:
I-

I was like you in the past, such ideas were bigoted and archaic to me. I inquired about matters, asked around and read a lot, and came to know that it's not very nice to diagnose people with dissenting views as ignoramuses. Don't be condescending and I'll return the favour.

Midori-tan said:
I don't hate religion at all. I'm just too chill about it, I do what I do and don't really care about anything else. And I mean all religions, not just one or two.

Some religions and cultures are worth hating. I hate the very idea that all cultures and religions should be treated equally, and can't stand to think why other people wouldn't, except from naivety.

Midori-tan said:
Law is a tool available to those who know about it. If one does not know about the existence of a certain law due to lack of proper education, the oppressor can ensure that they will not be defied, simply out of ignorance.

If you think actual child abuse or something of that nature is going on, then call the police. Otherwise I'm not too sure what you're getting at. You know it's possible that said family aren't oppressing their beloved daughter.

Jun 10, 2015 7:26 AM
Mar 2013
Midori-tan said:
Therefore feminism is not a movement about bashing men, but its about giving both men and women equal rights and opportunities.
But men and women need different rights and opportunities. do you think men should be able to force a women to have an abortion? that's why only women have the right to do that. Men and women are objectively different. By treating everyone the same you eliminate the possibility of solving gender specific issues.
Jun 10, 2015 7:28 AM

Feb 2015
Andomarn said:
religion and feminism are the two biggest abominations in this world
both should be incinerated from the earth's surface
and never brought back

You there. Cut that shit out. Not all religions are equal. Single out the ones you actually hate instead of lazily piling them all together.

Midori-tan said:
icirate said:

Wrong.
The issues here is that such matters are divided not based on personal and cognitive abilities and differences, but based on gender.
Therefore feminism is not a movement about bashing men, but its about giving both men and women equal rights and opportunities

-which it did back in the 60's. I guess you're against the notion of this thread?

Jun 10, 2015 7:30 AM

Jun 2008
Yeah feminism is not a movement about bashing men but it does blame everything on patriarchy which is basically the claim that men run everything and everything going wrong is their fault.
Contradiction full force.
Jun 10, 2015 7:31 AM

Aug 2013
Midori-tan said:

As I said earlier, my country treats everyone equally

Midori-tan said:

They will probably marry her off to someone who shares the father's mentality. Education and getting a job is not a priority, because even if she works, she will only be allowed to do so in restricted environments, ones with little to no male and secular components.

Jun 10, 2015 8:36 AM

May 2014
Not in the western world. In fact feminist here are just annoying hateful people with sticks up their asses. They even got GTA banned from some stores because there was violence against a woman in the game. Feminist in the US aren't fighting for equality anymore, in fact, they are sexist against men.

They feel the need to put men down to feel "empowered" or some bullshit. And if anyone, including other women call them out on it, they are a misogynist. Instead of bitching about oppression in the US, they should go to someplace like India where feminism is actually needed.
sugardemon111Jun 10, 2015 8:39 AM
"It's time for beatin' the homeless to the oldies!"

- Hajime Muroto.
Jun 10, 2015 8:51 AM

Jul 2014
sugardemon111 said:
They even got GTA banned from some stores because there was violence against a woman in the game.

That's messed up
Jun 10, 2015 9:07 AM

Jun 2015
I try to just treat everyone the same, I'd personally like to think it isn't needed..But it's not something I spent much time thinking about. Do I think women deserved to be paid the same as men, certainly. I'd like to think we've reached a point where men and women are equals..note i said 'Like'. I still think we have some distance to travel.
HaemogoblinJun 10, 2015 9:13 AM
Jun 10, 2015 9:16 AM

Mar 2014
I agree that feminism has taken the wrong turn therefore is not needed that much in some western countries. The only thing that bothers me concerning women is their sexualization which is enforced by the media, which influences the behaviors of both (especially young) women and men. In my country, I would say that the only places that feminism would be needed are some villages that are still way too conservative.

What has also started to bother me is how some guys, annoyed by the extreme feminism, are always bitching about ''double standards''. Equality should be implemented, though it is important to understand that both genders have differences so it is not always possible and just to treat exactly the same to both of them in every case (I am talking about social relationships only).
Jun 10, 2015 10:00 AM

Sep 2010
Yes and no. Yes because there are still problems in some parts of the world (hint: where modern feminists don't dare to step). No because the name and the whole idea are pretty much fucked itself in the ass. So we need new people to organize fresh movement with different name. It's like with Communism - the initial idea was fuckin' great, but oh boy, look at it now.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Jun 10, 2015 10:19 AM

Oct 2014
No need for "feminism" when we can have "gender equality" instead. Anyone who disagrees with this is basically admitting that they want "more" than just equality...
Jun 10, 2015 5:16 PM
Oct 2008
Pirating_Ninja said:

I thought I made it clear that feminism advocates on issues relating to women. I did not speak about issues for men as that would be off the topic of the relevance of feminism to modern society. There is a popular perception of feminism that we are all man hating, selfish bitches who are nutty to boot. In much the same way that people love to think all Muslims are psychopathic, women hating suicide bombers, people love to pick out the few extreme examples of "feminists" and believe they represent the majority view.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by toxic masculinity. I don't believe all men are innately bastards out to oppress us just because they are men if that is what you mean. However, there are certainly problems and biases against women that do need addressing. The study I posted demonstrated bias in the workplace when the circumstances were exactly the same. However, the study also noted that the bias was demonstrated by both men and women. We are not picking exclusively on men; awareness and change needs to occur with both men and women. The same goes for the problems men face.

To answer your concern, yes, men would seem to receive harsher sentencing in justice system (it is very hard to do mass research on this as mitigating factors differ from case to case. However there is certainly enough of a discrepancy to justifiably argue a bias in sentencing). The sentencing process and criteria need to be reviewed to ensure fair sentencing for all. There are other problematic issues for men; the mistaken belief that men can not be raped or physically abused, that men must enjoy the forced sexual attention from women (a popular misconception held by a lot of MALers) to name a few. I did not bring up these problems they are unrelated to the relevance of feminism (advocating on womens issues) to modern society. That does not mean I am unaware, don't care and don't support men (or women) who advocate on these issues. I certainly don't believe that men who point out these discrepancies must hate or want to oppress women.

The responsibility of childcare almost always falls to the woman to juggle around her career, making it a largely female issue. No woman expects to be paid a full time wage when job sharing or working part time. What we would like is a shift in attitude enabling more flexibility in the workplace and businesses to be more open to solutions that allow for a better balance of family and career. Having said that, there is no reason why men would not be able to also take advantage of this flexibility if attitudes change. More men are stepping up and taking responsibility for their child's care and many more would simply like a better balance of family and work options. After all in Australia, men are able to take advantage of maternity leave and other parenting benefits. I have no issue with this. Just because a woman voiced the concern does not mean is it is neurotic or out to get you.
CottonrabbitJun 10, 2015 5:28 PM
Jun 10, 2015 5:19 PM

May 2013
I would consider myself a feminist on the premise that feminism supports equality across the board. However, I wouldn't align myself with social justice warriors or "feminazis." I believe there's a lot of restructuring that needs to be done in our society, including within the feminist group. Often times they push the envelope unnecessarily or offensively.

Nate ©
Jun 10, 2015 5:31 PM

Oct 2013
I honestly don't think we need the type of feminism we have right now. The feminism we have right now is just another bratty girl without a brain. The feminism from the 1920s and 1930s is the feminism we need.
Jun 10, 2015 5:38 PM

May 2013
Tigervu said:
I honestly don't think we need the type of feminism we have right now. The feminism we have right now is just another bratty girl without a brain. The feminism from the 1920s and 1930s is the feminism we need.

Precisely. Some of the SJW on tumblr sicken me because they're only worsening feminism's reputation and social credibility. Everything is something to bitch about with a "trigger" label. They also make it difficult for those with actual mental disorders to be taken seriously.

At Uni, so many girls I know are pseudo-feminists. They march around protesting rape culture, yet they do nothing to remedy the situation. Instead, they can resort to bullying tactics.

I still believe at the core of feminism there is a lot of good, but it's been corroded over time by ignorant idiots.

Nate ©
Jun 10, 2015 5:40 PM

Apr 2014
We need egalitarianism, not feminism. And SJWs need to shut the fuck up and do something useful with their time and get the fuck off Tumblr.
Jun 10, 2015 9:40 PM

Oct 2011
When women stop making $.70 on the dollar and people stop thinking it's okay for men to be abused by women (verbally, emotionally, physically, etc) is the day when feminism is no longer needed.
Jun 10, 2015 9:53 PM

Dec 2010
In first-world countries? No, definitely not. In the middle east, India, and Africa? Yes, however it may not just be feminism that is needed but a human rights movement. I do not identify as a feminist, and for those that do, good for you that you have something that drives you and motivates you, but get to know what kind of movement you're subscribing to before you just look up the definition in the dictionary.

I think both sexes are oppressed in different ways. Therefore you can't say one thing about women and try to mirror it to men. What I think would be better is female empowerment, feminism is far too systematic and institutionalized. I do see sometimes that feminism brings up valid points, but 90% of the time it has caused a lot more damage to the equality goal than good...
UhioJun 10, 2015 9:58 PM

Jun 10, 2015 10:56 PM

Feb 2015
Risan07 said:
When women stop making $.70 on the dollar-

icirate said:

Risan07 said:
and people stop thinking it's okay for men to be abused by women (verbally, emotionally, physically, etc) is the day when feminism is no longer needed.

Lumping verbal and emotional 'abuse' into the same category as physical abuse suggests to me that you are just as fine being talked down to as you are being hit. Don't legalise your BDSM tendencies and stop acting like a Muslim when it comes to freedom of speech.

Jun 11, 2015 12:39 AM

Sep 2011
Midori-tan said:

This sort of dismissive tone I keep reading from feminists is why I stopped taking them seriously. Happens almost 90% of the time when I see internet arguments. So far they haven't stated the clear answer on what the purpose of third wave feminism is. It's all vague excuses and logical fallacies. Even the well-read intellectual people do not have clear answers, only bunch of links of recent researches of injustice. Even worse they are stretching the definition further than they should eventually discussing about gender binaries and what not.
No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me
Like I care at all
But it was so loud
And you sure could yell
You took a stand on every little thing
And it was so loud
Jun 11, 2015 3:08 AM

Aug 2013
Uhio said:
In first-world countries? No, definitely not. In the middle east, India, and Africa? Yes, however it may not just be feminism that is needed but a human rights movement.

A few others have said the same thing and I think its the core and most correct answer out there. Feminists seem to think if they drop feminism in a country that hasn't even developed real social justice and human rights it will somehow actually work and fix women's problems, whilst the whole country is still tearing itself apart with the lack of basic human rights.

Its building the spaceship before you build the first car, jumping the gun. Feminism from the 1900 onwards had a solid platform of a more evolved society. You can't just introduce feminism where you feel like and expect it to work. Those countries don't need feminism yet, they need social development. When its ok to walk the streets and not get stoned to death, then you can launch 'real' feminism and fight for needed female rights.

Syndromic said:
Midori-tan said:

This sort of dismissive tone I keep reading from feminists is why I stopped taking them seriously.

This too, all you ever hear is people pretending to be 'real' feminists yet immediately take the most condescending mocking tone when it comes to the idea of men having a movement for their own inequality (parental ownership in court, the justice system, rape laws and so on)

Also isn't it funny that a lot of feminists you run into on forums and places like this claim to be 'real feminists' every time even when a user spouts the same nonsense the radicals do and believe it. Of course you're not going to say your a feminazi but saying your a 'true feminist' holds as much honesty as myself saying im a Gorilla.
SpooksJun 11, 2015 3:12 AM
Jun 11, 2015 3:10 AM

Dec 2012
My stance on feminism:

Equality is necessary, therefore feminism is necessary.

The feminist movement, on the other hand, has been hijacked, so it isn't equality under that banner.

So, necessary but the label's pretty much dead.
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?
Jun 11, 2015 3:21 AM

Feb 2015
Crimefridge said:
My stance on feminism:

Equality is necessary,

icirate said:

Jun 11, 2015 5:31 AM

Sep 2010
Risan07 said:
When women stop making $.70 on the dollar
You mean in the other countries that are not First-World? Because in First-World countries it's already not. But yes, that's one of the famous false arguments modern feminists are often using. It's like saying "Hey, males are getting hit and beaten far more often that females" - the sentence is true, but without providing actual causes it easily leads to misunderstanding.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Jun 11, 2015 6:21 AM

Dec 2012
senpaiiiii said:
It's like you can't survive here without being a feminist.

What does that even mean.
Jun 11, 2015 10:20 AM
Mar 2015
I used to think it was not necessary, but know I know better.

I've encountered too much hatred directed at women, offline, but especially online.

And also because there are people who actually think this:

Klad said:
It was never needed in first place
Jun 11, 2015 10:20 AM

Oct 2014
It was never needed. Women need to know their place.

Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you engage or ignore what you hate?

deg - Yesterday

17 by LightWorker »»
8 minutes ago

» Has anyone ever told you in real life that "You are enough"?

LenRea - Apr 30

43 by Eleben »»
9 minutes ago

» why are the nordic countries so happy? ( 1 2 )

deg - Mar 29

83 by LoveYourEyes »»
9 minutes ago

» I got a girlfriend recently and she gets really emotional when i pay for things for her. Why do you think that is?

TheBlockernator - 4 hours ago

12 by _Nette_ »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Bear or Man?

_Nette_ - 10 hours ago

15 by KitsuFrost »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.