Forum Settings
Forums

Has anyone ever told you in real life that "You are enough"?

New
Apr 30, 6:06 AM

Jan 2022
If someone told me this and meant it I would instantly cherish them for an eternity.
Apr 30, 6:10 AM

Jan 2009
nope people believe in unlimited growth potential of everyone
Apr 30, 6:14 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to deg
@deg sounds like pseudoscience nonesense.
Apr 30, 6:17 AM

Sep 2016
"You are enough" sounds kinda vague.

Enough for what?
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 30, 6:21 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to Zarutaku
"You are enough" sounds kinda vague.

Enough for what?
@Zarutaku It's basically something people say when they don't need you to prove yourself to them. It's meant to give comfort.
Apr 30, 6:34 AM

Feb 2024
@LenRea You are enough. Relax and enjoy your life just the way you want. You don't even need to "cherish me for an eternity". ^_^
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Apr 30, 6:36 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to LenRea
@Zarutaku It's basically something people say when they don't need you to prove yourself to them. It's meant to give comfort.

@LenRea I see, then I guess it highly depends on who says it and if it's accompanied by certain benefits.
Apr 30, 11:49 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@LenRea You are enough. Relax and enjoy your life just the way you want. You don't even need to "cherish me for an eternity". ^_^
@LoveYourEyes no i mean in real life irl
Apr 30, 11:53 AM

Jul 2013
You raise a very valid point. Thanks for mentioning this reality!!
Apr 30, 12:25 PM

Feb 2024
Reply to LenRea
@LoveYourEyes no i mean in real life irl
@LenRea Well, I've rarely needed much emotional support, so no, no one has ever needed to say something like that to me. I often express similar sentiments to loved ones, albeit perhaps in different words. I've never heard anyone use this particular phrase, but then again, I'm not a native speaker. Besides, it's often easier to just hug someone: words are meaningless and forgettable.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Apr 30, 12:25 PM

May 2013
I wonder.

If so I dont remember. Best not to fall into the habit of doom and gloom and say yes I have and I just forgot.

β™‘ Harder Daddy β™‘
Apr 30, 2:52 PM

Dec 2015
Yes, quite a few people told me that IRL, also one hot girl said that and added "If you would be few years older I wouldn't mind be your girlfriend" [I was hitting on a girl who was 5 years older than me]
Apr 30, 9:40 PM
Apr 2022
nope. actually, my parents always told me the opposite and it has been ingrained into my soul ever since
May 1, 5:24 AM

Aug 2021
fucking nobody
i live my life thinking that im not enough and i always try to push myself too far in every single aspect of my life
and whenever i realize that i have in fact pushed the boundry further again it suddenly becomes not enough
and i will never ever pat myself on the back for my efforts
im permanently unsatsified with myself and im convinced i will never be satisfied no matter how far im able to advance in life
on top of that i treat myself like shit, if i see i am unable to keep my pace and just cant continue to push forward i will tell myself the most vile shit and berate myself for any setback
i have never ever been enough
and this shit took over my life and is causing me great deal of self-doubt, self-hatred, and it sabotages my relationships, and makes me the most insecure person ever
its like imagine im hanging out with my friends and suddenly i remember that im not enough and i become disgustingly insecure and start questioning myself "do yal even want me here? am i good enough to spend time with u? its impossible right? the truth is that u do not want me here and im ruining everything by being here" omfg i crave so so so much validation from others cuz i am simply unable to get it from within
everything is a performace to me at all times and im there to be judged by everybody around me, and each performance must be better than the next; thats kinda why i was always the class clown, i am 'the funny one' in the group, as long as i make people laugh i get a pass, but i will go home and painstakingly analyze and rate and review every single thing i said during a hang out HOLY SHIT ITS SO TIRING
my minds rapid firing negative shit - im stupid, im ugly, im annoying, im not worthy - and i gotta do everything in my power to mask that

my reality is so fucking distorted cuz the truth is that im all hot and cute and smart and funny and amibitious and talented and warm and caring and more than enough - but its oh so hard to believe that
May 1, 7:54 PM
Apr 2024
My mom is the only person who has ever said that to me irl. On the internet, there was a guy told me that here last month and long ago, another guy on mazii community. I deeply appreciate then for that since I've struggling with low self-esteem for years now πŸ₯Ή
May 1, 8:11 PM

Jan 2008
Reply to elgatosaika
fucking nobody
i live my life thinking that im not enough and i always try to push myself too far in every single aspect of my life
and whenever i realize that i have in fact pushed the boundry further again it suddenly becomes not enough
and i will never ever pat myself on the back for my efforts
im permanently unsatsified with myself and im convinced i will never be satisfied no matter how far im able to advance in life
on top of that i treat myself like shit, if i see i am unable to keep my pace and just cant continue to push forward i will tell myself the most vile shit and berate myself for any setback
i have never ever been enough
and this shit took over my life and is causing me great deal of self-doubt, self-hatred, and it sabotages my relationships, and makes me the most insecure person ever
its like imagine im hanging out with my friends and suddenly i remember that im not enough and i become disgustingly insecure and start questioning myself "do yal even want me here? am i good enough to spend time with u? its impossible right? the truth is that u do not want me here and im ruining everything by being here" omfg i crave so so so much validation from others cuz i am simply unable to get it from within
everything is a performace to me at all times and im there to be judged by everybody around me, and each performance must be better than the next; thats kinda why i was always the class clown, i am 'the funny one' in the group, as long as i make people laugh i get a pass, but i will go home and painstakingly analyze and rate and review every single thing i said during a hang out HOLY SHIT ITS SO TIRING
my minds rapid firing negative shit - im stupid, im ugly, im annoying, im not worthy - and i gotta do everything in my power to mask that

my reality is so fucking distorted cuz the truth is that im all hot and cute and smart and funny and amibitious and talented and warm and caring and more than enough - but its oh so hard to believe that
@elgatosaika Just dig further into anime and lose yourself online. You don't need irl friends. You'll always be enough online.
May 2, 12:15 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to deg
deg said:

What do you mean by this?

OT: No, not really, and it's not always the best thing to hear. What if it's not true? Where do you go from there?

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
May 2, 12:19 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to DreamWindow
deg said:

What do you mean by this?

OT: No, not really, and it's not always the best thing to hear. What if it's not true? Where do you go from there?
@DreamWindow the usual advice of "grow up" and "git gud" as though there is no limit to human potential
May 2, 12:29 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to deg
@DreamWindow the usual advice of "grow up" and "git gud" as though there is no limit to human potential
@deg

There's always some room for improvement. Just a matter of filtering out what is helpful and what is not.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
May 2, 12:34 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to DreamWindow
@deg

There's always some room for improvement. Just a matter of filtering out what is helpful and what is not.
@DreamWindow too much rat race due to capitalism and also economic growth is infinite according to a lot of economists and capitalists that fuels more rat race
May 2, 12:42 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to deg
@DreamWindow too much rat race due to capitalism and also economic growth is infinite according to a lot of economists and capitalists that fuels more rat race
@deg

Why you bringing economics into it? There's a difference between economic growth and personal growth. The latter is more what this thread is getting at, I think.

May 2, 12:45 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to DreamWindow
@deg

Why you bringing economics into it? There's a difference between economic growth and personal growth. The latter is more what this thread is getting at, I think.
@DreamWindow because its part of socioeconomic factors you cannot completely separate society to the economy

society expects perfectionism too
May 2, 12:47 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to deg
@DreamWindow because its part of socioeconomic factors you cannot completely separate society to the economy

society expects perfectionism too
deg said:

Right, but let's say we live in a non-capitalist society. There would still be a multitude of reasons to improve one's standing or personal wellbeing. Do you not think so?

May 2, 12:48 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to DreamWindow
deg said:

Right, but let's say we live in a non-capitalist society. There would still be a multitude of reasons to improve one's standing or personal wellbeing. Do you not think so?
@DreamWindow yes but the level of perfectionism expectations can vary by culture and economic system
May 2, 12:51 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to deg
@DreamWindow yes but the level of perfectionism expectations can vary by culture and economic system
@deg

I suppose, though that's not necessarily a bad thing. A culture that strives for mediocrity and stagnation is sure to fall apart faster than a society that aims for gradual improvement.

May 2, 12:52 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to DreamWindow
@deg

I suppose, though that's not necessarily a bad thing. A culture that strives for mediocrity and stagnation is sure to fall apart faster than a society that aims for gradual improvement.
@DreamWindow i support the green economy this days sustainable growth without destroying the environment too plus it focuses on inclusive growth
May 2, 1:09 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to deg
@DreamWindow i support the green economy this days sustainable growth without destroying the environment too plus it focuses on inclusive growth
@deg
I mean, there has been plenty of advancements towards such a thing, but I don't think a fully green economy is sustainable or desirable. As far as the environment is concerned, it's better to maximize property rights, since people tend to look after what is theirs better than what they don't own.

May 2, 3:06 AM

May 2013
I've been seeing more of 'I am Kenough' of the Barbie movie lol.

I'M A BARBIE GIRL IN A BARBIE WORLD!!
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 2, 4:11 AM

May 2022
Nope, I don't think anybody has ever said that to me.
May 2, 5:23 AM

Jul 2013
Maybe if the person telling you this was your girlfriend...then maybe yes...
May 2, 9:52 AM

Jul 2014
My ex told me that, but only because she was trying to reassure me after cheating on me with two of her friends.
Take care of yourself

May 2, 10:20 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to LoveLikeBlood
My ex told me that, but only because she was trying to reassure me after cheating on me with two of her friends.
@LoveLikeBlood Those friends were male or female?
May 2, 12:08 PM

May 2019
If they did, I forgot. Self acceptance is more important than other people accepting you anyway. One can be taken away from you while the other is up to you.
May 2, 3:21 PM

Oct 2015
It would sound sorta odd in my native language. It's like how "sounds like a plan" makes no sense outside of English, German and possibly some other Germanic language(s).

But nah, no equivalent has been said. I've been told "enough" with exclamation marks more times than I can count though.
May 2, 6:19 PM
Jan 2017
I just want someone to tell me everything will be ok...
May 2, 6:27 PM

Jul 2014
Reply to Zarutaku
@LoveLikeBlood Those friends were male or female?
@Zarutaku

One was male and another was female. She's bi.
Take care of yourself

May 3, 3:14 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to LoveLikeBlood
@Zarutaku

One was male and another was female. She's bi.
@LoveLikeBlood So the other guy got the threesome, that hits hard ngl.
What would you have done if it was just another female? Also break up or turned on with hope that you could become the lucky guy?
May 3, 3:24 AM

Jul 2016
I've said that to someone in the past don't think someone has said it to me tho.
May 3, 8:04 AM

Dec 2023
No one has ever said it, but I wish someone did
Antipathy world

May 3, 1:30 PM
Mar 2009
no never but then again I never cared about any ones opinion about me. I know half the internet hates me and reddit loves to ban me for speaking against morons. And I keep being me. So take your feelings and keep them to your self and could care less if your feelings got hurt you are not that special.
May 3, 1:36 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
No, that would be cringe. This sounds like some over-emotional thing females will say to each other lmao.

Plus, most of the time people of this kind don't really mean it. It's better to just communicate these kinds of thoughts without applying overused slogans
┍━━━━»•» «•«β”β”β”β”β”‘

πŸŽ–οΈ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
πŸ† graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«β”β”β”β”β”™
May 4, 10:38 AM

Jul 2014
Reply to Zarutaku
@LoveLikeBlood So the other guy got the threesome, that hits hard ngl.
What would you have done if it was just another female? Also break up or turned on with hope that you could become the lucky guy?
@Zarutaku

I would have broken up on her either way. Cheating is cheating.
Take care of yourself

May 4, 10:56 AM
Dec 2021
No but i think that there are people in my life who would tell me that. I just never been in a situation where thats something youd say i think

May 8, 2:00 AM

May 2024
No one did
Not because they don't understand
But because I'm not enough
May 8, 5:27 AM

Jun 2020
I remember someone said similar thing to me in the past.
May 8, 1:54 PM

Aug 2018
Not verbatim, but yes, some people have said that to me, and I bawled my eyes out.

More topics from this board

» Twitter is officially X.com now

deg - 8 hours ago

18 by MalchikRepaid »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » do godzilla or any other kaiju actually exist irl?

FruitPunchBaka - May 12

38 by Dawizz »»
37 minutes ago

» Women live longer than men

MUFFlN - May 12

29 by Dawizz »»
40 minutes ago

» How much soda do you drink in a week?

HunteerX - Yesterday

35 by enigmasauce »»
40 minutes ago

» Have you ever touched and/or kept any foreign currency(ies)?

Kiryotsu - Apr 29

44 by Dawizz »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.