Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2015 3:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm so Prince Diamond remembers the time when he first meets Serenity...heh.

Too bad about the dark magic stuff since that prevents them the girls from transforming. Meh episode. All this buildup feels slow although I do feel kinda sorry for the girls. Looks like Sailor Pluto also meets Chibi Usa.
May 2, 2015 4:48 AM

Jan 2011
Long time since I really liked an episode due to animation and art. It wasn't flawless, but it was better, than some other episodes. The music was great as always and the VA was good too. I must agree, the pace is somewhat sluggish. Waiting 2 weeks kills me even more now... >___<

May 2, 2015 5:00 AM

Apr 2010
I think art finally improved. Finally
May 2, 2015 5:54 AM

Apr 2012
I have to say, the art was really good o-o !
And omg yes, Black Lady finally! <3
May 2, 2015 8:21 AM

Mar 2009
Finally we see Jupiter, Mars and Mercury again, albeit only briefly. That dungeon scene is slightly different from the manga
but that's ok. No impact to the storyline.

Poor Chibi-Usa... she doesn't think she's special to anyone. Next episode's gonna be great. But the 2-week wait is not so great =_=
May 2, 2015 8:57 AM

Nov 2009
Art, music, story, everything was great this episode. But it is hard to keep the hype going for two weeks. For season two I am going to wait a year until everything aired.
May 2, 2015 9:12 AM

Sep 2013
Great to see some improvement with the art! Please let this standard continue through till the last episode.

Is it only me that thinks Prince Demande isn't hopelessly wrong for wanting to restore the Earth back to a time when people will age normally? I don't remember this particular concept in the original anime, but his reasoning isn't entirely wrong, IMO.... For the whole world to be ageless is counterproductive to the planet.

I never knew Chibi-Usa was 900 years old, and I never knew that she already knew that Usagi was her mother from the beginning. Was this freshly added into Crystal, or was it in the manga first? I certainly don't recall this information from the original anime....
May 2, 2015 10:03 AM
Bunnies πŸ“

Jan 2013
As quickly as Mars/Jupiter/Mercury awoke, they get knocked out again by some dark aura.

Chibi-usa embracing the dark side. Well that escalated quickly. Hopefully Pluto gets to see some action next episode.

Sailor Moon gets kissed in the lips. Something tells me that kiss wasn't just for the sole purpose of tasting Usagi's lips. Preview even shows it.
No transformations also, dark energy too powerful even for Usagi.

May 2, 2015 1:19 PM
Feb 2014
The animation was really improved in this episode. Omg Black Lady next episode!!!
May 2, 2015 2:56 PM

May 2008
I liked this episode. I really wanted to see Usagi on the Black Moon dress. The art was nice.
May 2, 2015 3:20 PM

Oct 2014
kagura-pb said:

Demande's motives, Chibi Usa's real age and her knowing about Usagi being her mother all along - all those things are taken straight from the manga. The first anime just decided to cut them all out/never address them for some reason, just like a lot of other stuff that's still yet to come in the Black Moon arc, but never made it into the old anime.

90's series was another story. Anime isn't supposed to be the same as manga. They may do whatever changes to the story they want to.
May 2, 2015 4:32 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty boring again.

Wiseman: I have candy.
Chibiusa: Yay!

^ is what this episode amounted to
May 2, 2015 7:36 PM
Sep 2012
God Chibi-Usa is a complete moron. She's 900 years old and seemingly bullied by elementary school school kids. She knew all along that Usagi was her mother, yet acted like an annoying and very unhelpful brat the whole time, before finally running away and turning to the dark side after only now realizing just how stupid and useless she really is.

I know she's a little girl, but come on! You'd think that anyone alive for 900 years would at least be not as stupid and annoying as Chibi-Usa.
May 2, 2015 11:53 PM

Feb 2012
AiCon said:
God Chibi-Usa is a complete moron. She's 900 years old and seemingly bullied by elementary school school kids. She knew all along that Usagi was her mother, yet acted like an annoying and very unhelpful brat the whole time, before finally running away and turning to the dark side after only now realizing just how stupid and useless she really is.

I know she's a little girl, but come on! You'd think that anyone alive for 900 years would at least be not as stupid and annoying as Chibi-Usa.

I think that since she stopped aging at around, 11 or however old her body is, her brain stopped developing too~ that's why she acts like a child even if she is 900 years old.
To put it another way, it's more like she's been 11 (again whatever her body age is) for 900 years, instead of being 900 years old in an 11 year old body
May 3, 2015 12:08 AM

Sep 2014
Wow, Wiseman's voice is retarded. Finally get to see Rei, Ami, and Mako after like, 3 months. And then they go bye bye again. D'oh.

BURAKKU LADY NEXT EPISODE YES
May 3, 2015 12:26 AM

Jul 2008
Chibi-usa is 900?! WTF that is such crap. If that is really how it is in the manga then what crappy writing.

And also the woe is me chibi usa whine fest, ugh enough. This is one of the reasons I hate her so much.

Hell it seems almost everyone whines more and does less in this show than the old ones.
May 3, 2015 6:36 AM

Jan 2013
Prince Diamond :D
I somehow like him.

May 3, 2015 11:02 AM

Oct 2014
kagura-pb said:

That's your opinion. Lots of people tend to prefer faithful adaptations of their favorite titles, if the constant complaining about changes, fillers and whatnot, as well as the sudden abundance of reboots more faithful to their source materials, is any indication.

Well, it is not fans who decide, it is the creators of anime. So opinion of fans is irrelevant.

kagura-pb said:
Sure. As long as the authors of the original works are ok with their characters' personalities being butchered, important plot points of their stories being drastically changed or left out altogether etc., then I guess they can do whatever they please in the anime. Whether the viewers will be pleased with the end result enough to spend their money on the stuff later on is another story though.

Well, Crystal butchered characters' personalities, but I don't see complaints from Naoko, the amount of views of it also decreases with each episode... So... Well, whatever.

kagura-pb said:
I don't really see the point of your comment, to be honest. A person was curious about whether some things were there in the manga, because they didn't remember them from the 90's anime, so I confirmed that yes, everything's from the manga. I didn't even complain about the old anime or anything (why would I? I was practically raised on it and love it just as much), I simply stated the fact that they cut out/changed a lot of things.

You already implied, that 90's series butchered characters' personalities in this very post, but they didn't, it was just their depiction which differed a lot from manga. They can change whatever the heck they want, kill whatever characters they want and replace characters from manga with whoever they want. This is their anime series, rights belong to them, so it is them who decides what to do, not fans. And I just don't like when people dislike adaptations of something, just because they did something differently or are pointing out that something was cut and changed, etc, as if this never happens with other series, all series change and cut a lot of things from original material. It is not like Sailor Moon is some special case. Just because Chibiusa wasn't mentioned to be 900 years old, doesn't mean that she wasn't in original series. The same with Shitenhou, it was never said that they weren't Generals in the past, they could have very well been.

I also disagree with the statement that everything from Crystal is from manga, because this is simply not true. They also change some things. Some little, some big (Shitenhou), so for me all three series (manga, Crystal, 90's series) are different and should be viewed as separate, though with absence of explanation for something unclear, it is possible to use the explanations given in other medias (Shitenhou, Chibiusa's age)

Well, if you really love it that much (and didn't mean by your statement about characters being "butchered" the 90's series, rather than something else, or nothing definite at all), then I guess I was mistaken, and I apologise. I just hear a lot of it from fans now, and frankly, I don't like it.

AiCon said:

Age has nothing to do with intelligence actually. There are always middle-aged and even old people who are not that smart. And some youngsters may turn out to be geniuses.

On unrelated note, East Kaioshin (Supreme Kai in english dub) from DBZ is about 5 millions years old, and he is barely smart, he makes a lot of stupid decisions, and isn't even able to properly deduce strength of his opponents, while his allies who are about 30-40 years old can do it quite easily, and come up with much better plans when they want.
Phoenix_WrightMay 3, 2015 11:08 AM
May 3, 2015 10:59 PM

Oct 2011
Black Lady OMG next time
May 4, 2015 9:48 AM

Apr 2013
Okay. Chibiusa was pretty annoying this episode. Unfortunately, I will have to admit that. But hell, I'd be a bitch too if I was 900 years old and didn't grow at all. Lots of setup and setting the stage for the big confrontations. Black Lady incoming? Muh body is ready.
dankzelMay 4, 2015 7:19 PM
May 5, 2015 5:52 PM

Oct 2014
kagura-pb said:

How are fans' opinions not relevant when everything depends on the DVD/BD sales nowadays? It may have been true for the 90's when they did whatever they wanted and anime still got 50+ episodes easily, but the situation is different now. If fans don't like a series, they won't buy discs. If they don't buy discs, a series won't get a continuation in any form. Simple as that.

Opinions don't matter. A lot of people watched DBZ Movie 13, quite enough people watched a new Saint Seiya movie, it doesn't matter if all people who watched them liked them or not. What matters are sales of merchandise and amount of views.

kagura-pb said:

No, I didn't, as I meant anime in general, and not 90's SM specifically. I couldn't care less about what they did in 90's, as long as it worked for them back then. I mostly meant the more recent adaptations, since I cringe every time I have to sit through an anime original content, because of how bad it usually is compared to the source material. I've seen too many anime series in which my favorite characters' personalities were butchered or a superior manga storyline was changed into some dumb and mindless anime original stuff without any substance. So no, my statement had nothing to do with 90's SM series, which, in my opinion, is perfectly fine the way it is, even with all the changes, as long as one treats it as its own story, or an AU version of the source material.

Well, okay then, I even agree.

kagura-pb said:

And where exactly did I say anything like that? I said everything that person SPECIFICALLY ASKED ABOUT was indeed from the manga (which is true); heck, I even specified it in my very post: 'Demande's motives, Chibi Usa's real age and her knowing about Usagi being her mother all along'. Did you miss that, perchance? I guess you did, so here's my other comment again, just to confirm: "A person was curious about whether SOME THINGS were there in the manga, because they didn't remember them [those SOME THINGS] from the 90's anime, so I confirmed that yes, everything's from the manga." So, 'everything' refers to those few things that person asked about and NOT to everything in general, including the Shitennou and whatnot.

I used to people bringing some examples to show that 90's series butchered and changed, as well as not explained a lot of things from a manga.

kagura-pb said:
Well, that would be it, I guess. I don't really feel like wasting any more time for some futile arguments that wouldn't even have to take place if you hadn't misinterpreted my original post in the first place.

I like how I am portrayed as a villain here
May 7, 2015 4:43 AM

May 2012
AiCon said:

I really hate Chibi-Usa. She made so much stupid things since she appeared (the very first thing she did was to point a toy gun at her mother...wtf) and it seems she can't learn anything no matter what. "Oh the person i thought that was my friend is happily talking to my father, better give up on this world then".

Now that i know she is 900 years old (what a load of bull crap) and her name really is Small Lady (oh c'mon, are you serious Usagi?) i hate her even more. It makes me cringe every time someone calls her Small Lady now that i know this is her real name.
KaeUBWMay 7, 2015 4:50 AM
I despise woke people.
May 7, 2015 5:17 AM
Jul 2012
so..first they show chibiusa crying an the prince guy coming up to her then the queen comes running out etc etc...THEN they change it up in the SAME EPISODE an say no no no, chibiusa wasnt outside she was hiding behind the curtain after stealing the crystal right before the attack...do they not pay attention to their own script/storyboard?
May 7, 2015 5:35 AM

May 2012
Hito420 said:
so..first they show chibiusa crying an the prince guy coming up to her then the queen comes running out etc etc...THEN they change it up in the SAME EPISODE an say no no no, chibiusa wasnt outside she was hiding behind the curtain after stealing the crystal right before the attack...do they not pay attention to their own script/storyboard?

It's very simple my friend, the first scene that showed Chibi-Usa outside the castle was the one Prince Diamond was remembering, so unless he was drunk or something you NEED to trust this scene. The other one was Chibi-Usa's memory and we all know how dumb she is. Naoko Takeuchi wanted to show that Chibi-Usa is so useless that she can't even remember right a BIG TRAGEDY. She is as delusional as Kuroki Tomoko.
I despise woke people.
May 7, 2015 6:53 AM

Apr 2014
Kaetokiha said:
Hito420 said:

It's very simple my friend, the first scene that showed Chibi-Usa outside the castle was the one Prince Diamond was remembering, so unless he was drunk or something you NEED to trust this scene. The other one was Chibi-Usa's memory and we all know how dumb she is. Naoko Takeuchi wanted to show that Chibi-Usa is so useless that she can't even remember right a BIG TRAGEDY. She is as delusional as Kuroki Tomoko.

Actually, look more closely: first ''Chibiusa'' in Demand's memory was another girl that looked like Chibiusa.
She didn't even have odangos! Neo-Queen Serenity mistaked her for Chibiusa, when actually (as seen in Chibiusa's memory) real Chibi was in the castle the whole time.
HaneqMay 7, 2015 11:02 AM
May 7, 2015 10:50 AM

Dec 2014
BurntJelly said:

You would think someone who is 900 years old would know better. lol
Beautiful art for this episode!
May 7, 2015 10:18 PM

Feb 2013
Lichtspiel said:
Prince Diamond :D
I somehow like him.

it's the hair I tell ya
I have a thing for white/silver haired bishounen
<-click
May 9, 2015 2:07 AM
Apr 2015
Kaetokiha said:
Hito420 said:

Rewatch the episode more carefully, please.
May 10, 2015 4:12 AM

Oct 2008
i'm confused on the scene with Chibiusa, is that a flashback when King is speaking with Pluto? and last part of Chibiusa when she met Nemesis? thats not a flashback right?

May 11, 2015 6:32 AM
Apr 2015
matias067 said:
i'm confused on the scene with Chibiusa, is that a flashback when King is speaking with Pluto? and last part of Chibiusa when she met Nemesis? thats not a flashback right?

After seeing King talking with Pluto, she fells abandoned and running into the time warp without the key.
It's a real time scene, not a flashback.
May 11, 2015 9:01 PM
May 2015
Hancao9601@gmail.com
May 13, 2015 12:55 PM

Feb 2014
BurntJelly said:

^ is what this episode amounted to

haha yeah pretty much :p

Okay so the reason why Neo Queen Serenity was incased in the crystal is because Chibiiusa stole the legendary silver crystal...WOW...she literally makes everything worse. And for a 900 year-old she really doesn't have any wisdom :p

And if you ask me Small Lady is a terrible name for a child
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2015 5:16 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
You would think they would put a better defense around the Legendary Silver Crystal, but no. It got taken because a ball smashed it.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed the improvement of the artwork. This episode was pretty great until Chibiusa freaked out in the end...Insecurities really run in the family, don't they?

Hehe, I kind of liked Prince "Demande" and Sailor Moon together for a sec.
May 14, 2015 5:21 PM

Mar 2009
This episode confused me at first. I thought the whole thing was a flashback.
Jun 6, 2015 7:58 AM

Jan 2008
So there is no cash for Pluto's proper attack animation, there's no cash for coming to Silver Millenium, there's no cash for final shoutdown between Usagi and Metallia, but suddenly there's cash for a creepy Demando/Diamand/Demand/however you want to romanize his name scene with Usagi in pimped out dress which shows her cleavage and golly, does camera is happy to remind us? Wow, Toei! I know already that you hate Sailor Senshi thanks to you making them less relevant than Tuxedo Mask and putting them on the floor for majority of the series, but wow! You can actually do more! Also don't think that I didn't notice that it was REI who got upskirt shot because oh-how-conveniently it was her to sit before the camera with her short skirt. Who needs fanservice in show which main demography are girls? Well, I guess everyone!

Also wow, that scene when Usagi gets kissed. Seriously, you idiot, he's not leaning on you like this just to help you take a crumb outta your eye! It made more sense in 90s series, because she was controlled by his magic. Here she stays still and does NOTHING. I could excuse it for her being shocked, but half a second later - surprise, surprise! - she shows she IS capable of kicking him to the side!

Pluto smiling like a high school girl when Endymion (KINGU) kinda complimented her reminded me of an owner petting his dog for bringing him morning newspaper. In spite of all those unbearable scenes, even Chibi-Usa manages to look interesting with her problems. And that's telling something.
Jun 21, 2015 6:11 PM

Feb 2009
Ciara said:
So there is no cash for Pluto's proper attack animation, there's no cash for coming to Silver Millenium, there's no cash for final shoutdown between Usagi and Metallia, but suddenly there's cash for a creepy Demando/Diamand/Demand/however you want to romanize his name scene with Usagi in pimped out dress which shows her cleavage and golly, does camera is happy to remind us? Wow, Toei! I know already that you hate Sailor Senshi thanks to you making them less relevant than Tuxedo Mask and putting them on the floor for majority of the series, but wow! You can actually do more! Also don't think that I didn't notice that it was REI who got upskirt shot because oh-how-conveniently it was her to sit before the camera with her short skirt. Who needs fanservice in show which main demography are girls? Well, I guess everyone!

Also wow, that scene when Usagi gets kissed. Seriously, you idiot, he's not leaning on you like this just to help you take a crumb outta your eye! It made more sense in 90s series, because she was controlled by his magic. Here she stays still and does NOTHING. I could excuse it for her being shocked, but half a second later - surprise, surprise! - she shows she IS capable of kicking him to the side!

Pluto smiling like a high school girl when Endymion (KINGU) kinda complimented her reminded me of an owner petting his dog for bringing him morning newspaper. In spite of all those unbearable scenes, even Chibi-Usa manages to look interesting with her problems. And that's telling something.

I came here to pretty much say this. ^^ But I'll re-emphasize again that Small lady is an idiot that I hate and I could have done with the Sailor cleavage and the Mars up skirt shot. Those in the silver millennium family have major insecurity issues when it comes to standard and beauty. Maybe Prince Demande has a point that living forever makes you slothful enough to care about meaningless things like when are your boobs gonna come in....only people who always have a tomorrow can afford to care about things like that. .

Jul 11, 2015 5:46 PM

Jul 2009
Wow after 2 month of hiatus i'm finally back on this. Been hiatus in the series since it's only 1 episode per 2 weeks.

At least we know how Chibi-usa started all of this. I wanted to Bright Slap her for being a stupid brat. This would haven not happened if she actually talk to Pluto or his Mother instead of assuming alot of nonsense things she's thinking about.

Ehh Usagi was surprised that Dimande caught her off guard.

Next episode we should finally see the return of the Sailor Senshi for sure.

Can't wait for the next episode!!!
Jul 12, 2015 8:28 AM

Apr 2011
Wow I'm surprise at her age. She still acts as a child after that.
Sep 4, 2015 5:26 PM
Dec 2009
MistyBlue said:
You would think they would put a better defense around the Legendary Silver Crystal, but no. It got taken because a ball smashed it.

This. Luna had that big fancy lab earlier in the series, couldn't they design a safer way to hold on to the crystal? ><!
Jun 8, 2017 8:42 PM

Aug 2007
How can you be 900 years old and still think like a kid @@;

Dec 31, 2023 2:13 PM
Oct 2023
Decent continuation of the previous episode.
Also Wiseman is weirdly creepy and scary as all hell,not gonna lie.😨😨
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

Aug 2020
"Despite her appearance, she's 900 years old."

Typical anime moment lol

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

More topics from this board

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

31 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Dec 31, 2023 2:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.