Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 22 Discussion

May 16, 2015 3:20 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, this episode reached a climax..

It's about damn time Sailor Moon and the others fought back though. Seems like we also got a bit of problems on the enemy side with Saphir. Neo Queen Serenity's presence was a highlight though.

Now they just need to find Tuexdo Mask and Chibi-usa. Sigh.

May 16, 2015 4:01 AM

Kinda okay episode storywise. Lots of off-model shots in animation, though.

Goddamn, Wiseman. I hate you.
Modified by Haneq, May 16, 2015 4:56 AM

May 16, 2015 8:10 AM
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, this episode reached a climax..

It's about damn time Sailor Moon and the others fought back though. Seems like we also got a bit of problems on the enemy side with Saphir. Neo Queen Serenity's presence was a highlight though.

Now they just need to find Tuexdo Mask and Chibi-usa. Sigh.

They don't have to find Tux and Chibi-usa, because...

May 16, 2015 8:22 AM

Wiseman was such an ass today, I loved it.

Definitely a good ep. Can't wait for the.... "Queen".

May 16, 2015 8:48 AM
𝙆𝙖𝙠 𝙆𝙖𝙣 🍊

The girls reunite and return to Sailor Pluto and Kink Endymion. However, they have to go back and find Chibi-usa and Tuxedo Mask. Well it was a nice episode. The Wiseman has a creepy laugh, sicko.

Poor guy gets killed by Dark Small Lady.

🍓Raspberry's Wonderland Express 🍓
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up."- Shirogane Lily
🌷Currently Listening to Pokemon Hoenn 🌷

May 16, 2015 9:54 AM

Some parts were pretty creepy, I really liked it :o That Venus moment was so weird and a bit force into that tense scene. Toei could at least put a jolly ost in that part to emphasize the comedy scene :s Except some few errors there were many moments with very good art. The music was not a let down either. Generally a very good episode art and story wise IMO. And OMG... now wait 3 frickin' weeks for the next episode... =___="
Modified by Raff, May 16, 2015 9:57 AM

May 16, 2015 10:54 AM
I'm so glad we're finally getting in depth in the Black Moon arc. This episode was so great and I'm glad all 5 senshi are back together. The art style was a bit inconsistent this episode but that's not a big deal.

May 16, 2015 12:01 PM

Annoying small lady turns into evil black lady. Either way, Chibiusa sure is causing trouble for the Sailor scouts!

I'm really liking Sailor Pluto's larger role in this series than the original anime! It didn't seem like Pluto did as much in R.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 16, 2015 12:27 PM
I actually started watching this episode and understood nothing. Then I realized I hadn't seen last week's episode and had to go back and watch it before continuing. It's all coming together now! This arc is finally interesting

May 16, 2015 2:15 PM

It took Crystal 22 episodes just to figure out what direction they should take with the animation....

I'm happy to say this episode was enjoyable, and it was great seeing some action in the form of Neo Queen Serenity.

May 16, 2015 4:51 PM

So we get Moon Crystal Power Make-Up, but no new transformation animation? They just replace the broach and that's it? Okay then... maybe not in this season.

DoragonessU said:
It took Crystal 22 episodes just to figure out what direction they should take with the animation....

That's 22 episodes too late, but better late than never, I suppose.

At least things are picking up, but it's still not as enjoyable as it should be. I feel like Tuxedo Mask picked up the idiot ball this episode, and I don't get how Usagi being called a detestable woman triggered the Silver Crystal's power/Neo Queen Serenity showing up to give her power.

May 16, 2015 5:23 PM

Yay we escaped!
Let's go back now. <- next episode?

That Black Lady "Bye bye" was great.

May 16, 2015 6:28 PM

Lil-Bird said:
So we get Moon Crystal Power Make-Up, but no new transformation animation? They just replace the broach and that's it? Okay then... maybe not in this season.

DoragonessU said:

At least things are picking up, but it's still not as enjoyable as it should be. I feel like Tuxedo Mask picked up the idiot ball this episode, and I don't get how Usagi being called a detestable woman triggered the Silver Crystal's power/Neo Queen Serenity showing up to give her power.

haha I feel it to >-<
that laughter at the end...lol...like a girls and Chibiusa the same.
They cut soo much and it feels rushed to me...but I still get the sory better than in the old series. Maybe that's because I was a child back then...and didn't get eveything.

Geez~~I would really like the old sory like it was + the animation of this series. The osts are good. And I hate the 3D transformations...I don't know why...

May 17, 2015 12:32 AM

One thing goes right, 5 things go wrong.

The girls just come across as so weak compared to the first series...maybe that's just nostalgia talking I don't know but I hate the way they come across.

And then there's Chibi Usa...ugh.

May 17, 2015 1:35 AM
I really like Sailor Moon's transformation song. It's so magical.

May 17, 2015 1:37 AM
Lil-Bird said:

DoragonessU said:

They haven't changed the transformation since Moon Crystal Power was introduced.

May 17, 2015 2:10 AM

Bwahahaha, "Bye Bye"

May 17, 2015 7:44 AM

Now another three week wait begins... hope we get another season after this!

May 17, 2015 8:57 AM

Ah, I don't like this moment when she transforms into Black Lady D:

May 18, 2015 5:30 AM

That's some nice dad, not going for his own daughter, when she got lost in Fourth Dimension, while the guy, who isn't even her father yet, went =/

WolfWood37 said:
One thing goes right, 5 things go wrong.

The girls just come across as so weak compared to the first series...maybe that's just nostalgia talking I don't know but I hate the way they come across.

And then there's Chibi Usa...ugh.

No, that is exactly how it is. I've just rewatched original series about two years ago.

What about Chibiusa, well... Some people think that her motivations are better in manga. I am not part of them though.

May 18, 2015 8:01 PM

Nagisa saved Rin

Sailor Senshi back together

BLack Lady has Tuxedo Kamen : 0

May 19, 2015 1:21 AM

Wiseman's voice is really strange. It would go from normal to a really childish voice. Pretty funny actually.

Story is getting somewhat interesting...

May 19, 2015 4:34 AM

Phoenix_Wright said:
That's some nice dad, not going for his own daughter, when she got lost in Fourth Dimension, while the guy, who isn't even her father yet, went =/

How far can Endymion's spirit be separated from his body would be my question.

May 23, 2015 7:03 AM

Sailor Moon just went Super Saiajin Aura!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 29, 2015 11:08 PM

its sad the series took this long to actually get interesting, but its still pretty boring at least to me :/ the most exciting part was seeing chibiusa as black lady.
"Whatever happens, happens."

Jul 11, 2015 6:20 PM

Good Episode. They sneak in some funny scenes with Venus :)

New animation attacks are good, but kinda feels weak tbh.

Lol Black Eye reminds me of Dio's Time Stop XD

Chibi-usa became Black Lady. It'll be interesting how they handle the fight :D

Can't wait for the next episode!!

Jul 13, 2015 11:09 AM

this is getting really interesting. Poor guy got killed by dark lady.

Sep 4, 2015 5:43 PM

WolfWood37 said:

I feel that way too. In the original series I felt like they were normal emotional teenage girls... who also kicked butt! But now Usagi's emotional rants seem to overpower more than I remember, and everyone seems less powerful than I remember :( I think it's just nostalgia goggles though... :( Kind of wish I could come back to this series fresh.
♥♥ American in Tokyo with a love of anime & food ♥♥
5500+ followers ◼︎ Follow me on Instagram for Japanese food culture & language facts ◼︎
550+ anime watched ◼︎ Follow my love for anime here on MAL ◼︎
1600+ restaurant reviews in Tokyo ◼︎ Follow my food adventures in Tokyo on SynchroLife ◼︎

Jun 13, 2017 10:43 AM

I'll just be here, sitting quietly.. hating the Wiseman immensely.

Jun 17, 2017 1:31 AM

This episode felt a bit hollow to me. I wasn't really impressed with it :/