Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 20, 2015 9:37 AM

Dec 2012
The battle was great ! I like to see real fights in anime, with sword battles. The opening is very good, UVERworld is awesome.
Apr 20, 2015 10:37 AM

Jun 2014
this is actually getting good.
dayum that old man got some moves. Orca from LoZ, anyone?
and the look on the kings face when silver mask destroys the old man.
Apr 20, 2015 11:03 AM

May 2013
Kharlan, you pussy! Come back and fight like a man!
I've got to admit Vahriz is freakin' badass for his age, but too bad Silver Mask took him down.
RIP King Andragoras III.

Seems like Narsus is a fun character. Let's see what he brings to the table.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Apr 20, 2015 1:22 PM

Jul 2009
brightmoose said:
this scene's soundtrack sounds like one from FMAB

forget the soundtrack the ART also looks pretty similar.

EDIT: oh wait its because they both have the same artist...lol derp.

ririchiyomika said:
Inugirlz said:
I find it funny how that mask guy was so mad the king didn't recognize him...i mean you are wearing a MASK. Unless he's supposed to recognize the mask specifically...

also another thing Ive noted about the king is that he's pretty whipped lol. As soon as his queen was mentioned he stopped being so stubborn. Wonder what's so special about her.

Wow that's a really good point. He was willing to retreat for her.
Or was it because he does not trust her to run the kingdom that well/deal with crisis in his absence because she is a woman/had illegitimate son i.e. Arslan?

Ooh good point, i wasn't even thinking that he was feeling distrustful. I'm leaning more towards the whipped idea though because of the gifts he brought her earlier. Seems like he really wants her attention/respect.
Apr 20, 2015 2:05 PM

Jun 2013
Can't say I feel for the King but Vahriz is a different story and he died for such a king at that too. A few members from what I presumed will be the rag tag team the MC might lead/start were introduced this episode, I wonder how long it will take before the others are introduced.

Curious about the silver mask and what the King could have done to him.

All in all great episode.
Apr 20, 2015 3:55 PM

Oct 2010
iAmZiro said:
SimmianPrime said:
It's just so painfully shounen. That coupled with the art style (which doesn't fit at all) means I'm left really disappointed in the series so far.

lol how is this a painfully shounen already?

Are you kidding? It has shounen tropes coming out of it's ass at this point. Though to be fair it actually is a shounen so it's not surprising really, I just expected more given who wrote the original story.
Apr 20, 2015 4:05 PM

Sep 2014
This anime is awesome so far, defintely one of my favorites this season!

The overall pace is pretty solid - it seems like this story will flow really well for those who marathon it. It's a great thing that nothing is being rushed in this story, probably because the series will have 25 episodes in total. Not only that, I have yet to feel bored.

I'm really excited to see how Arslan and the other characters around him will develop in the next episodes.
Apr 20, 2015 5:03 PM

Nov 2010
The series now is good. I hope, always continues like this..
And now love; such as a snowflake in the middle of summer..
Apr 20, 2015 8:00 PM

Mar 2009
bastek66 said:
"The legend continues"

Arslan's mom sure is a babe. Thank you, Arakawa, for always creating gorgeous women.

Good episode this week. Still one of my favorite shows of the season. And now that Namikawa Daisuke is here, it's even better.
Apr 20, 2015 8:13 PM

Apr 2015
So the Pars enslave their enemies, but the Lusitanians simply kill them all - I think that makes them worse.

I really like the ending theme.

The story seems pretty standard so far. I assume it will take a while before Arslan actually becomes heroic.
Apr 20, 2015 9:23 PM

Jan 2011
Wow the next episode is so good it skips 4 and 5.
Apr 21, 2015 1:24 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!

Damn Kharlan betraying everyone. I guess Vahriz and the King dies huh?

If only the King had listend to Daryun, none of this would have happened.

Anyways gonna be interesting how things moves on. Can't wait for the next episode!
Apr 21, 2015 1:30 AM

Jul 2007
I'm enjoying the show so far and I hope I continue too.
In comparison to the 90's films/OVAs, the character development and storytelling is so much better here, something that was lacking in the rushed OVAs. I haven't read this manga version so I'm curious if there will be any differences in the story between the two.

However I'm still finding the art quality disappointing, which is a let down. I can get use to these new character designs though, except for Falangies and Gieve.
Apr 21, 2015 8:04 AM

Apr 2015
ReaperCreeper said:

Yeah, I'm thinking they got the I and the V backwards. (Don't know what it says in Japanese.)
Apr 21, 2015 10:45 AM

May 2012
stephen5000 said:
ReaperCreeper said:

Yeah, I'm thinking they got the I and the V backwards. (Don't know what it says in Japanese.)

it's probably a typo, seeing as the japanese says "chapter four".

as for the episode, i really appreciate the subtlety of characterization (e.g. daryun's expression when lying to arslan about the king's concern, arslan's bowed head while riding behind daryun, etc.) and look forward to seeing the characters develop over time.

re: the king, i'm not ready to write him out of the story just yet, not until i see an actual body at least.
Apr 21, 2015 12:31 PM
May 2011
Not trying to hate on the show, but I feel like sleeping every time I see an episode. I can't seem to focus. The characters are bland and boring and things just happen.What's the problem with the mc, he seems as carefree as a dead piece of wood! It doesn't seem like he has any deeming qualities other than being.. a nice guy?

oh, it's war. oh, we have 40.000+ soldiers. oh, we lost. now we're in the woods visiting some old guy. It's just... happening. I don't feel anything. Shouldn't I at least be cheering on Pars? Why am I not cheering on them? It's because I don't know jack shit about their kingdom other than they have an asshole king and slaves.

I liked the prince's bodyguard. But he obviously got the most disrespectful death ever. Btw how can he navigate a horse with those eyes, let alone walk around like a normal human being?

It concerns me that no one else are noticing these obvious flaws. When I watch a show, I want some tangible character traits, character development and explanation in some form. Not "it's war. it's this side against this. here is the mc, he's kind. now this side dies. mc was shocked for 2 minutes but went "whatever" after.
MarkusEAApr 21, 2015 12:37 PM

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Apr 21, 2015 12:33 PM

May 2011
I liked it. Hence, my imperfect rate. Yes, to be frank, art has left me cold since episode 1, since I have been so enthralled by the one offered by the OAV series from the '90. I find the chara-design barren, it lacks that glare required for epic tales, down to the horses which look like they were all pampered on the same stable. This deceiving aspect is made up by the sheer dynamism of battle scenes, it's an aspect modern animes won't even deceive spectators with, I gotta admit. The narration has for itself it's crystal clear, tidier than the OAV series: the big gallery of character is properly introduced, scenes that were formerly skipped are now taking place for a better comprehension of Lusitania/Pars conflict. This is something we owe to TV format: it sacrifices budget for simplified art, but in return storytelling has greatly improved. I won't tell much about the plot, since OAV series gave me some hints that we certainly gonna see later on as intrigue unfolds.

PS: I haven't read the novels, so I assume most of you haven't as well. I don't know if Vahriz is effectively killed by the Silver Mask prince. It's still a cool scene regardless of accuracy with original source, though.
Apr 21, 2015 12:58 PM

Aug 2014
Lapis lazuli full is just OMFG amazing!!!

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 22, 2015 1:09 AM

Jun 2013
The sound effects are terrible. my ears. .
Apr 22, 2015 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
This was awesome I really enjoyed this episode. Daryun was OP and his uncle was great as well, he definitely went out in style. I don't really think the king would die that easily but we'll see. Narsus seems really intresting!!

I hope it continues getting better and won't end up as big of a disappointment as Madan no Ou to Vanadis was.
Apr 22, 2015 5:59 PM
Sep 2014
This time CG was fine, but the pacing was a little too slow.
It was kinda hard to pay attention until the last 5 minutes. But that's just me.
Arslan is still too dull of a main character for me, but I hope he will develop an actual personality as the story goes on.
I expect the real story starts next episode... right? Right?

Apr 23, 2015 9:18 PM

Dec 2007
AnimeFan500 said:
Arslan journey to reclaim his kingdom with Hak...Dayrum.

Next week we learn more about the Priest and Yoon....errr Narcias and Eiam.

I think you have that backwards really. The orginal OVAs for this aired from 1991 to 1995 and the books started in 1986 so if anything is a copy it's Yona copying this.
Apr 23, 2015 11:25 PM

Apr 2015
The CGI annoys me to no end, but I see a lot of potential with this show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2015 4:47 AM

Jan 2008
It was a tragic event for the Pars. Somehow I ended up saying Andragoras III deserved his fate. But then again, Kharlan and company just succeeded in their plan, even retreat hurts Andragoras III's pride.
Apr 24, 2015 7:17 AM

Apr 2015
I'm curious as to the reason why Kharlan betrayed his king. He sounded like he had a good reason. I wonder if we'll find out what it is anytime soon.
Apr 24, 2015 8:52 AM

Jan 2014
I don't know if the OP was there the last time, but I liked it :D
And the ED too, probably even more than the OP xĐ

The episode was fantastic. My favourite so far.
Thanks to the old man (RIP), we finally got to see a fight other than those boring ones on horses. lol >.>
And yaaay, seems like it's finally getting more interesting!!!
That new character looks amazing!! :D I love inept enthusiasts <3
Apr 24, 2015 9:35 PM
Apr 2013
I'm starting to like this anime, 'a somewhat slow start but you know that it will be better when it gets more episodes' feel like LOGH and Fushigi Yuugi.
Apr 25, 2015 1:00 AM

Dec 2013
stephen5000 said:
I'm curious as to the reason why Kharlan betrayed his king. He sounded like he had a good reason. I wonder if we'll find out what it is anytime soon.

HE thinks it's a sound reason, but it all ties in with the backstory for Andragoras and his messed up family tree. Unfortunately I'm not sure if we're going to get to that point anytime soon (heck, even the manga hasn't gotten to revealing that yet).

Just out of curiosity's sake, for anyone in the know, could you PM me about the differences in the back story between this and the original plot? I heard there were changes and I really want to know what they are.

That said, we're still in the midst of what is basically the prologue for this show. Things are moving at an even slower pace than I'd expected. We haven't even met up with Gieve and Farangis yet...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 25, 2015 2:58 AM

Dec 2012
The sword fights are impressive, they look beautiful. Good episode, a lot (a lot) of dead men, too bad the king is dead :/.
Apr 25, 2015 7:08 PM

Apr 2014
stephen5000 said:
ReaperCreeper said:

I laughed so hard at this. xDDD
Apr 26, 2015 5:50 AM

Nov 2011
I can not complain about this episode, the dialogues were righteous and the narration had the right rhythm. Only flaws, not the exceptional performance of the fighting between the servant of the king and the enemy with the silver mask; censorship and a bit intrusive. The catchy ending, unless the opening. I can not wait to see the next episode.
Apr 26, 2015 8:48 AM

Nov 2013
So shit. Dropped.
Apr 27, 2015 11:58 AM

Jul 2011
Well shit...things went to hell pretty fucking fast in 1 episode >.<
Apr 30, 2015 11:50 AM

May 2012
Did the king get killed ?
May 1, 2015 1:17 AM

Oct 2008
Pars has been perished.
Uncle of Daryun is overpowered and killed by Silvermask.
King Andragoras III might also be dead.
Daryun with Arslan go refuge from an old friend.
Gorgeous End Card.

May 3, 2015 9:12 AM

Jan 2011
All I can think is that I don't want to be disappointed by this show.
Yeah...
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 4, 2015 7:42 AM

Feb 2015
Decent episode Old guy died kind could be dead and im pretty sure the old friend of Daryun is Arslan's father.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2015 1:20 PM

Jun 2008
Still difficult to keep up with all the characters.
May 5, 2015 1:55 PM

Jun 2008
Someone lost his way from a Gundam show and ended in the wrong anime slahing old men instead of piloting mobile suits against teenagers.

The king shallower his pride but still ended in no good. When there is betrayal around you is hard to succeed. Those calling him an idiot are ten times the morons they claim the king is.
A little disappointed he didn't pull his sword out though. The guy is a warrior why the heck did he just stay there watching?

Damn that queen end card. That's one great MILF. No wonder he wanted to protected her.

MarkusEA said:
Not trying to hate on the show, but I feel like sleeping every time I see an episode. I can't seem to focus. The characters are bland and boring and things just happen.What's the problem with the mc, he seems as carefree as a dead piece of wood! It doesn't seem like he has any deeming qualities other than being.. a nice guy?

oh, it's war. oh, we have 40.000+ soldiers. oh, we lost. now we're in the woods visiting some old guy. It's just... happening. I don't feel anything. Shouldn't I at least be cheering on Pars? Why am I not cheering on them? It's because I don't know jack shit about their kingdom other than they have an asshole king and slaves.

I liked the prince's bodyguard. But he obviously got the most disrespectful death ever. Btw how can he navigate a horse with those eyes, let alone walk around like a normal human being?

It concerns me that no one else are noticing these obvious flaws. When I watch a show, I want some tangible character traits, character development and explanation in some form. Not "it's war. it's this side against this. here is the mc, he's kind. now this side dies. mc was shocked for 2 minutes but went "whatever" after.

I understand you so much. It just doesn't have the great directing and story telling continuity of a masterpiece like Mirai Nikki, it just throws shit at you it doesn't built the characters and events as correctly as something like Mirai Nikki.
Now let me sit out and stop laughing my ass off.
May 8, 2015 3:03 AM

Jul 2012
The unit leaders of a undefeated army just straight up believe their king ran away without even trying to find out the truth? What the fuck is this bullshit writing?

Yes, a freakin dude on a horse can draw his sword stronger and faster to over power someone mid jump attack... right...

3/10
lanfireMay 8, 2015 3:11 AM
May 9, 2015 7:14 PM

Jul 2008
And there goes the king, Pars is screwed now.
May 12, 2015 3:56 AM

Dec 2012
That silver mask cutting through Vahriz was absolutely intense. I thought it might have been the boy from episode 1 but if he's 16 years or older then I wonder where that blond boy went. This series is absolutely brutal, I don't think Pars is necessarily in the right but I can't help siding with them when the Lusitanians constantly speak of slaying heretics and slaughtering babies.
May 12, 2015 1:15 PM

Feb 2015
RIP Vahriz.

God, this is getting good.
Jun 2, 2015 10:33 AM

Nov 2010
Vahriz went out with a bang, his moves were so cool
Jun 6, 2015 11:54 AM
Mar 2012
A little too bloody for my taste, but well.

Reminds me a lot of Akatsuki no Yona. Not sure it's a good idea to produce these two so close to each other/at the same time.
ElenirLachlagosJun 6, 2015 11:59 AM
Jun 23, 2015 1:18 PM
Aug 2014
Wow, it's really starting to get interesting now! I don't dislike Arslan, but he is a pretty passive character; I'm more interested in Narsus and Daryun at this point.
Jun 23, 2015 9:36 PM
Jul 2013
This ain't Kingdom,but will do.
"You must not be preoccupied with yourself. You won’t be able to see anything. You’ll be unable to move a step. Care about other people, if you do, you’ll understand that it’s worth living no matter how painful the world is."
Jun 27, 2015 12:58 PM

May 2014
I still can't get over the death of those three boys destined to protect Arslan :'(
And the ending song is so good omg :D
I really like this anime.
Aug 14, 2015 2:59 PM

Jun 2014
RIP Awesome old guy.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 26, 2015 10:35 PM
Nov 2013
I'm going to take a wild guess and say Narsus is Arslan's father.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2015

160 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 30, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

237 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Apr 5, 2015

326 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.