Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 22, 2015 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was intense...

Glad to see Maria standing up for herself despite being a bit beat up. Kinda felt bad for Joseph though as he looks like he's half dead.

It looks like she is confident as ever again. Well, that's nice. Looking forward to finale after that "marriage proposal".
Stark700Mar 22, 2015 9:20 AM
Mar 22, 2015 8:07 AM

Jul 2010
Joseph vs Galfa was sort of fun and to see how the two felt about each other.

Think I'm really going to miss Artemis and Priapos talking from the side. Maria leading the way to the idea of marriage and with Joseph confirming it. Never had we seen such a joyful Maria!

Maria with her always excessive use of magic to stop the war, quite the large scale of magic!

Meeting Michael in a somewhat serious way, probably a fight wouldn't happen though I would like to see Joseph getting blasted away safely if a battle does happen. It would be a fun scene.
Mar 22, 2015 8:47 AM

May 2013
Joseph and Maria are finally together now. They have met up with Michael. Can't wait to see how this will go.
Mar 22, 2015 8:54 AM
Nov 2008
The animation seemed a little worse than usual

Aside for this, always a wonderful episode, next week can't arrive fast enough
Mar 22, 2015 8:56 AM

Apr 2013
I-I can't stop smiling :D
It finally happened! Way to go Joseph!
Mar 22, 2015 9:15 AM

Mar 2014
Their conversation in the church was really amusing and kinda awkward. Also I was really happy to see Galfa getting the crap beat out of him
Mar 22, 2015 9:42 AM
Nov 2010
That was pretty enjoyable. I wonder what's left for the last episode.
Mar 22, 2015 9:47 AM

Oct 2014
The ending was so... I don't know, wtf
Mar 22, 2015 10:18 AM

Nov 2011
Bernard said:

Anything in this world can be used to make the world a better place. Be it politics, war, or witches. Potentially even...?

Even what? What did he mean? Ideas?

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Mar 22, 2015 10:20 AM

Jul 2007
linchpin said:
Bernard said:

Anything in this world can be used to make the world a better place. Be it politics, war, or witches. Potentially even...?

Religion.

If you know, Religion despite being somewhat awful, was also used to educate people and to spread written knowledge.
Mar 22, 2015 10:27 AM

Apr 2012
The ship has sailed!
Mar 22, 2015 10:32 AM
Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Religion.

If you know, Religion despite being somewhat awful, was also used to educate people and to spread written knowledge.

He could also mean demons/devil.
Mar 22, 2015 10:38 AM
Nov 2008
linchpin said:
Bernard said:

God

I think he meant that
Mar 22, 2015 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
I'm going to be so happy if next week's episode ends with Maria and Joseph marrying, or even consummating their marriage. They're just so cute together X3.
Mar 22, 2015 11:31 AM

Jul 2009
But I wanted Galfa to die dammit!!

And wth that women is strong.
Mar 22, 2015 11:37 AM

Aug 2010
Bernard is so lol right now ^^; XD

Poor Edwina she just can't keep up lol

Dat Maria knee in Galfa's face! Joseph sure beat him down XD He REKT him :O

Lol'd at the familiar's talking shit about Joseph's lousy annoying personality XD
And Dat bitch slap Maria gave him XD Dat Jelly Maria arguing with Joseph was Kawaii <3

The proposal scene was nice :3 Didn't expect Maria would get that happy flaunting it to everyone even Michael lol
Mar 22, 2015 11:52 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
"Look Michael, I've got a boyfriend now"

Maria is too cute LOL.....I'm glad to see that she's back to normal and is happier than ever :''D Everything about the proposal scene was just kawaii as fuck

Galfa vs Jsoeph was intense......I expected Galfa to die but I don't mind much since Jospeh thought so highly of him so that beating that he gave Galfa sufficed quite nicely :)

Really looking forward to the finale ^^
Mar 22, 2015 12:25 PM

Dec 2013
Galfa vs Joseph was everything I hoped it to be and more. I'm not sure that keeping Galfa alive was worth it though, since he'll be back for more next episode, and considering he has the backing of the church and the Comte, things could still get complicated.

Maria will now have to choose to lose her powers or maintain a platonic relationship with Joseph. I'm not sure what I would prefer more to be honest. As much as I expect Maria to become a normal girl, I don't want to see Artemis or Priapos leave.... as should happen if Maria cedes her powers to Michael.

And what would happen the next time that war breaks out after this? Maria would have no power to stop it then.

The last episode really can't come soon enough. Really want to know how they tie up those loose ends!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 22, 2015 12:30 PM
Sep 2014
Inb4 plot twist and Michael says that "no virgin = no powers" rule has been officially lifted as of now, because randomly true love makes it happen or something. It made her gain her powers back, so this is possible as well.
Mar 22, 2015 12:32 PM

Mar 2012
Am i the only who would love to see the priest getting trialed and burned by the same church that so '' calls condems witches action'' but still uses their medicines and tool and knows they actually provide good service,

God he is sucha hypocrite and better yet he would be condemned to death by his pupil..the same pupil he teached under his wing?...oh i would love the irony in that XD
Mar 22, 2015 12:52 PM

Dec 2013
apokaliz500 said:
Inb4 plot twist and Michael says that "no virgin = no powers" rule has been officially lifted as of now, because randomly true love makes it happen or something. It made her gain her powers back, so this is possible as well.

Considering Michael's lack of human-like sympathy and regard for human emotions, I have little hope of such a scenario occurring. It would be awesome if they could transfer the familiars to the other witches though. I'm pretty sure Viv wants Priapos... if you know what I mean....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 22, 2015 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
Oh my god, Maria's little spat of jealousy was way too cute. Love this episode so much.
Mar 22, 2015 1:03 PM
Sep 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Considering Michael's lack of human-like sympathy and regard for human emotions, I have little hope of such a scenario occurring. It would be awesome if they could transfer the familiars to the other witches though. I'm pretty sure Viv wants Priapos... if you know what I mean....

Last time Joseph displayed warm feelings towards Maria in Michael's presence, the "blessing rain" fell and Michael said the decision has been reached that they are setting the virginity rule instead of death penalty. And that was right when Michael was about to kill her. So I'd say that those things matter for the church in Heaven.

About the tranfer thing, maybe the poor guy would finally get some junk, since Viv know how it looks like and isn't too embarassed to make it xD
Mar 22, 2015 1:16 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I think that Michael is not going to be too impressed with Maria's new relationship. I hope his boss overrules him on this one though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 22, 2015 1:18 PM

Feb 2014
This felt like a well balanced final episode, so Im curious what the actual finale is going to bring!
Mar 22, 2015 1:19 PM
Sep 2014
Farabeuf said:
I think that Michael is not going to be too impressed with Maria's new relationship. I hope his boss overrules him on this one though.

Everything he's done up to now was his boss' orders. No more, no less than that. Viv called him a puppet for a reason.
Mar 22, 2015 1:29 PM
Aug 2009
Not precisely, it's hard to tell when Michael is acting out on its own or when the "god" commands it. After all during the first attack she was ready to kill Maria but it was made to stop when the heaven's splashed some holy light on the situation.

Oh and is it just me or doesn't Galfa look the best this episode lying bloody and half dead after Joseph went berserk mode?
clannadloverMar 22, 2015 1:36 PM
Mar 22, 2015 1:33 PM
Sep 2014
I don't really see a reason for confusion here, tho. Boss said "kill her", he went to kill her, then Joseph interrupts and boss says "I changed my mind, don't kill her, set the virgin rule instead", Michael does that. He was acting based on boss' orders all the time at that point.
Mar 22, 2015 1:54 PM

Dec 2013
apokaliz500 said:
I don't really see a reason for confusion here, tho. Boss said "kill her", he went to kill her, then Joseph interrupts and boss says "I changed my mind, don't kill her, set the virgin rule instead", Michael does that. He was acting based on boss' orders all the time at that point.

I still think you're looking at things from the wrong angle. The entire squabble with the heavens was always about Maria's view on stopping any and all forms of war with her awesome magic skills. The heavens were having none of that.

I think the main issue at hand should actually be: Would Maria agree to stop with her war prevention if it meant that she had a boyfriend? And if not, then how should the heavens deal with her and her powers then.

Just because she found true love doesn't mean the heavens will condone with and go lenient on her using her magic to stop wars and conflicts all over again. But those actions are specifically what is innately ingrained in her nature and make her who she is.

I think in the end she'll have to make a decision, and the heavens probably won't accept allowing her to have everything that she wants.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 22, 2015 2:14 PM
Sep 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
I still think you're looking at things from the wrong angle. The entire squabble with the heavens was always about Maria's view on stopping any and all forms of war with her awesome magic skills. The heavens were having none of that.

I think the main issue at hand should actually be: Would Maria agree to stop with her war prevention if it meant that she had a boyfriend? And if not, then how should the heavens deal with her and her powers then.

Just because she found true love doesn't mean the heavens will condone with and go lenient on her using her magic to stop wars and conflicts all over again. But those actions are specifically what is innately ingrained in her nature and make her who she is.

I think in the end she'll have to make a decision, and the heavens probably won't accept allowing her to have everything that she wants.

The one thing I'm sure of is that they won't go "Ah, ok, you can go and freely stop wars if you want from now on". But the rest isn't as certain. They can lift the virgin rule since they respect it when a human feels pure love towards someone (as they've shown with the rain scene back then) and don't want to interrupt their love by Joseph being concerned about Maria's magic. However, after that Michael will most probably tell her again that he will keep observing her and will surely punish her severely should she try to stop wars again and then the "hide and seek" with Ezekiel starts all over again. I think it's quite possible that they pull something like this in order to make the finale as happy as possible, given how it turned out at the end of this episode. I'm not saying it's bound to happen, but it's definitelly one of the options.

And let's be honest, that idea of giving her that restriction didn't do anything to prevent her from doing what she was doing up to now, so they may go "well, it was uneffective anyways, so..." and just lift it using it as an excuse.
apokaliz500Mar 22, 2015 2:22 PM
Mar 22, 2015 2:22 PM

Jun 2010
Damn it man, robogalfa turned up this week.
Kinda surprised everyone survived this episode. The amount of death flags this week made shigatsu seem tame xD.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Mar 22, 2015 2:45 PM

Aug 2007
I'm really happy that Galfa lived to feel forever shamed for having lost. I just wished so hard that Joseph would see him off by calling him a piece of garbage first, but still, I'm happy that he got what a fucktard deserves.
Mar 22, 2015 2:54 PM

Jan 2008
Fuck yeah! Maria x Joseph confirmed! I was worried that the show might have an open ending where everyone is alive and ambiguous. But now that Joseph beat the shit out of Galfa, proposed marriage, and Maria confesses her love; I pretty much got 90% of everything I wanted out of this series. The remaining 10% is the death of: 2 monks, a one-armed merc, and a certain egotistical douchbag angel that needs to get his wings clipped on top of a kick to the groin after being stabbed in the eyes.

Galfa is such a pussy. He had the upper hand with a metal arm that doubles as a shield and stabbing weapon. But despite Joseph sustaining blood-loss, heavy stab and slash wounds; the weak-ass gets taken out with a kick from a girl, a headbutt, and mounted punches. He may have more skill as a fighter than Joseph, but he is weak as shit.
Estoy_GordoMar 22, 2015 3:01 PM
Mar 22, 2015 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
Joseph vs Galfa was nice.

Joseph asked Maria to marry him!
Mar 22, 2015 3:15 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
SOON.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 22, 2015 3:21 PM

Oct 2014
I wonder why at the end they mixed spanish and latin though -- Apocalipsis is spanish, and Omnia vincit amor is latin. It's not the meanings that I'm wondering about, it's the two languages, maybe to show the two sides' stand on things?
Mar 22, 2015 3:35 PM

Jul 2011
Joseph: Please marry me. I love you, Maria.
Maria to Michael: Look! I've got a boyfriend now!
Me: bout damn time. <3

But... I feel like the ending was a bit too easy, anticlimactic and lacking. I mean the conflict with the church isn't truly over, and Maria interrupting the battle was eh. And this confrontation with Michael will probably end fairly happily.
Mar 22, 2015 3:41 PM
Oct 2012
-ShadowClaw- said:
Am i the only who would love to see the priest getting trialed and burned by the same church that so '' calls condems witches action'' but still uses their medicines and tool and knows they actually provide good service

Yes mainly you because most people don't get upset about things that never happened.

The "Church" never burnt witches. In Spain there are only 6 documented cases of witch execution, and no more than 50 overall, and most of these witches were burned by local secular officials, not the Church. Considering that is where the Inquisition was the strongest, that should say something. Indeed the two documented "witch crazes" in Spain were both stopped almost immediately by the Jesuits (The Grand Inquisitor made it illegal to talk about witches because, as he wrote, once people stopped talking about them the "witches" disappeared).

Witches that were burnt were never accused of "healing", what most witches were accused of were poisoning animals, wells, or raising storms. In short in order to be proven a witch it had to be demonstrated that the witch "harmed" someone.

So calm down, watch the show for what it is: fiction.
Mar 22, 2015 5:02 PM

Jan 2011
That lady was pretty strong, she carried Galfa on one shoulder like it was nothing.
Mar 22, 2015 5:28 PM

Dec 2014
Now we all know what's the point of all these unnecessary "Flag" shots, ceiling shots, sky shots. A dip in animation quality is tolerable given it's a TV anime as long as it does not hinder the delivery. Cutting to a pointless ceiling shot during a intense fight scene and brain-whiplashing cuts between close-ups and wide shots during an ordinary conversation scene, not looking at the screen and just listening to the sound maybe a better option because it doesn't break your immersion every 10 seconds.
Mar 22, 2015 5:33 PM

May 2009
Damn, Lolette is really strong.
Mar 22, 2015 5:43 PM

Mar 2014
Can't the man win his battle alone without saying useless shit then cry then get helped ? If Joseph has so much rage to take advantage of a fallen guy to keep punching, he should have killed him.
Damn this gay director with his no kill policy and rape fetish.
Mar 22, 2015 5:46 PM
Aug 2009
Wild_Lynx said:
Can't the man win his battle alone without saying useless shit then cry then get helped ? If Joseph has so much rage to take advantage of a fallen guy to keep punching, he should have killed him.
Damn this gay director with his no kill policy and rape fetish.

If that happened that would be rather dumb actually, you really think Maria will allow her no death clause to be forgotten just for that one moment? I think it's actually quite cool how the good guys have the pedestal here cause they really are the good guys from the good all days, they (especially Maria) stand by what it means to be the "good guy".

I agree though, Joseph really needs some lessons in manning up, that said I like how they're steering Joseph into taking the morally correct but far more difficult path like what Maria is walking.
Mar 22, 2015 5:51 PM

Aug 2013
wait, whaaaaat
it feels like this whole series just shows that how hard Maria got a boyfriend
enjoyable episode
Mar 22, 2015 6:17 PM

Apr 2014
That knee to Galfa tho. Almost reminded me of:

Anyways, the end just felt like, "Yeah, you destroyed a bunch of our homes, and an entire civilization which will require years to rebuild, but at least you and your boyfriend are happy!" Anyways, I wonder what the next episode will be about...

#BetterThanBleach
CM said:
Right now, me, right now, in Cleveland, Ohio, take fucking care of me right fucking now. Don't worry about where I'm supposed to be tomorrow. Don't worry about what segment I'm supposed to be. Fucking fix me. My fucking ribs are broken, my knee is fucking torn up, I'm fucking sick. Fucking help me.
Mar 22, 2015 7:26 PM

Oct 2013
Good episode & all but I'm rather conflicted here:

- On one hand, I'm very glad Maria prioritized helping Joseph over trying to put a stop to the fighting and I can't help but be happy for her & Joseph.

- On the other hand, the series kind of seems to have taken a rather sudden lighthearted turn this episode as opposed to most eps by now. "Believe in yourself and find love and everything will be fine, with you doing whatever you want!". That's all fine & dandy except for the bold part which in Maria's case means stopping large scale battles through heavy use of magic. Like, it could raise some eyebrows if Michael will allow her to do whatever she wants now that she's found love. Letting her go with if she agrees to stop interfering now would be more appropriate, even if he let's her keep her magic by removing the curse.
Mar 22, 2015 9:42 PM

Sep 2007
I hope in the next ep they fully explain why Maria lost her power in the first place without "losing her purity" and it suddenly came back in that confession/marriage proposal moment.. cuz that's the only thing I care about that still leaving me going WTH...

Which btw, was THE CUTEST and randomest thing ever. I mean, I was literally thinking the same thing as Artemis & Priapus when she was pouring her heart out -so to speak-

Me: "Wait...oh wait...oh snap....is she doing what I think she's doing..."
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 22, 2015 10:26 PM

Jan 2011
Even though the return of powers was a little too extravagant and seems to void the rules set in place...I can't help but love the events with the culmination being a proposal. Maria is one of my favorite heroines among this seasons female cast members. Great episode.

Arc Angel Michael has a monologue to do next week to explain a few points.
Mar 22, 2015 10:55 PM

Feb 2012
So here we have a man whining about his low self-esteem and a woman whipping him into shape. I guess they're a good match.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2015 11:00 PM

Aug 2014
So the few things I gathered here.
1. Garfa has a small wang, not fit for purity piercing.
2. Love is magic. (kill me)
and
3. Religion is misleading.

Also, I wouldn't really call this an ecchi comedy, compared to what's out there....

And it's refreshing that Maria straight up tells Joesph, "you're being a wuss" more or less.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Adoption

sandwich-boy - Oct 18, 2023

2 by Animaticide »»
Oct 18, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2015

79 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 24, 2023 6:42 AM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2015

193 by WatchTillTandava »»
Jun 18, 2023 11:21 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

87 by Sarakitteh »»
May 25, 2023 9:18 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

114 by KhoaVN »»
Jun 10, 2022 7:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.