Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry' Receives Anime Adaptation

New
Mar 9, 2015 2:08 AM

Jul 2009
The Shounen Gangan magazine's April issue, which will be released on March 12, reveals that the light novel series Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry (A Chivalry of the Failed Knight) will receive an anime adaptation.

Riku Misora started the series in 2013, and it is illustrated by Won. It is published by SoftBank Creative under the GA Bunko label and has six volumes in print.

The series revolves around Mage-Knights, humans with supernatural powers who can materialize a weapon from their souls. Ikki Kurogane, dubbed as the "Failure Knight" for having no talent in modern-day magic, is a repeating student in an institution for Mage-Knights because of his failing grades. With the installation of a new head of the institution, a new rule was stated: knights with compatible abilities must share rooms and train together for the whole school year to maximize their abilities.

One day, Ikki encounters a half-naked girl, Stella Vermillion, who was changing in his room. It turns out that she is a princess of a foreign country and a Rank A Mage-Knight to boot. Stella challenges Ikki to a duel where the loser must be obedient to the winner. This fateful meeting changes Ikki's life as he strives to become a real Mage-Knight.

Source: Yaraon

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry on MAL
VindstotJul 21, 2023 11:14 PM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2015 2:09 AM

Nov 2011
This look meh. Probably another 1 cour (12-13 episode) adaptation by 8-bit or some similar studio with a possible OVA to be announced in the future.
Mar 9, 2015 2:09 AM

Sep 2014
another Magic-school anime... :/

Synopsis sound like its a mix of Absolute Duo, Mahouka Koukou no blabla, World break and Blade Dance...lel this is not going well, welp depends on the studio now, art looks nice though....

Mar 9, 2015 2:11 AM

Feb 2014
Another absolute duo... :/

Mar 9, 2015 2:11 AM

Jul 2012
Looks average. Will wait for more info.

Placing bets that MC is voiced by Matsuoka.
Mar 9, 2015 2:12 AM

Sep 2012
When Ikki walked in on her while she was changing her clothes

Completely predictable from the cover art, but that's all I need. Can't wait to not watch this.

Sep 2013
Yay, a non-ecchi show is coming up. Might watch this then.

Feb 2015
Oh look another generic trashy looking LN adaptation. As if we haven't had many of those before...
Mar 9, 2015 2:16 AM

Dec 2011
Will give it a try. Will probably enjoy but you can never be sure with these things until you start them and get to know the characters and stuff.
kuuderes_shadowMar 10, 2015 8:57 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 9, 2015 2:20 AM

May 2013
One day, Ikki encounters a half-naked girl

I literally stopped reading there and shook my head. But, eh, I hate to not give it a chance so I suppose I'll at least give it a shot when it airs.
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Mar 9, 2015 2:23 AM

Apr 2009
Original and quality as usual, huh?

Sigh...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 9, 2015 2:44 AM
Aug 2011
With the installation of a new head of the institution, a new rule was stated: knights with compatible abilities must share rooms and train together

One day, Ikki encounters a half-naked girl, Stella Vermillion, who was changing in his room.

New head of the institution-san, therein lies your problem-failure to properly manage your students housing situation.
In which case you fail more than your actual student.
Mar 9, 2015 2:47 AM

Mar 2013
There's a pile of shit like this that represents 90% of LNs nowadays. Literally same shit, just different character names. Heck, even the hair color is the same. So, how do they come up with which they will animate and which not?
Mar 9, 2015 2:49 AM

Oct 2008
"....light novel..."

Instantly lost any interest.
Mar 9, 2015 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
-these hate comments above me... i love it. ppl are able to recognize predictability when they see it. but looks can be deceiving.

-gotta at least give it 1-3 episodes first before deciding to continue. might end up falling in love with one of the characters, ost, story... u never know.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 9, 2015 3:04 AM

Apr 2009
billybob300c said:
-these hate comments above me... i love it. ppl are able to recognize predictability when they see it. but looks can be deceiving.

" I swear Absolute Duo is different!"
"Blade Dance really breaks the mold!"
"SAO/DxD/Mahouka gets good after this arc, really!"

Stop with the bullshit excuses. Modern LN are 90% crap and everyone except some pathetic otaku knows it. We get the same posts everytime a new Ln is announced and everytime it turns out that the Ln adaption is just as bad as expected.

Face it: LN CAN be judged by the cover, and that is honestly part of the problem. When your series is so generic that people are tired of it even after only looking at the cover, you as a creator did something wrong.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 9, 2015 3:06 AM
May 2012
Well, might turn out fun.
Mar 9, 2015 3:41 AM

Sep 2012
I'm not judging this because it's a LN, I'm judging it because of what it says explicitly in its synopsis.

When your doctor diagnoses you with cancer, it's usually because they found cancer.
Mar 9, 2015 3:45 AM
Jul 2018
I've been following the manga for a while and there's not all that much that makes it stand out.

There was one development that I liked, but it didn't have that much impact so far. Still, it was a positive surprise. Not going to post spoilers though.
Mar 9, 2015 3:59 AM
Jun 2013
Going to give a shot to the manga since it's usually better than what they present, then we'll see about the anime itself.

Mar 9, 2015 4:02 AM

Feb 2014
I was actually thinking last night on this, "This manga looks like a generic harem series, I wonder why it has no adaptation...I bet it'll be adapted soon, especially since it's a light novel."

It's a shame though, that all these harems get adaptations even though practically none of them are different from one another. Then good LN like Iris on Rainy Days are forgotten because it doesn't have an adaptation and everyone thinks LN is only harem and ecchi.

Mar 9, 2015 4:07 AM

Mar 2012
I know it will happen sooner or later. Couple chemistry here is stronger than average harem series.

And my prediction is Gakusen Toshi Asterisk will follow soon to be adapted.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 9, 2015 4:10 AM

Sep 2013
Having read the manga to what it's up to, being crazily similar to Asterisk I'm pretty keen to see this animated to be honest, Ikki seems really interesting.
Mar 9, 2015 4:12 AM
Aug 2014
another blade dance stuff
I'm done with this
Mar 9, 2015 4:25 AM

Nov 2011
Shit come on seriously?
Another tsundere?? (because red = tsundere)
Yet another cover with just a female on it???
An interesting title with shit everywhere surrounding it????

CUT MY LEG

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
julyanMar 17, 2015 11:16 PM
Mar 9, 2015 4:26 AM

Aug 2012
Tired of Mahouka blade dance world break kind of anime already ..
"Ikki encounters a half-naked girl" like we didn't had this kind of start before .
Mar 9, 2015 4:32 AM

Jan 2014
before jumping to hate train:
MC is not dense as fuck and manga has actual romance development...

Will be nice to watch unless it turns into "slide show" like some other 0 budget shows
Mar 9, 2015 4:36 AM

May 2013
I now wonder why theres alot of LN consisting a carbon-copy red haired "You'll be my slave!" is being animated?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 9, 2015 4:49 AM

Jun 2014
Voduu said:
One day, Ikki encounters a half-naked girl

I literally stopped reading there and shook my head. But, eh, I hate to not give it a chance so I suppose I'll at least give it a shot when it airs.

LOL same, although I'm not sure about giving it a chance.
Mar 9, 2015 4:59 AM

Jul 2012
Animetive said:

Judging from the cover I wouldn't be so sure if the anime adaptation is non-ecchi..
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Mar 9, 2015 4:59 AM

Mar 2013
So far i like the manga, cant wait to check it up :)
(i just read chapter 12 :P)

just hope it wouldnt be some rushed 10-12 episodes adaptation,
where everything is out of place .
NisxMar 9, 2015 6:06 AM
Mar 9, 2015 5:11 AM

May 2013
Yeah, this looks like the usual awful LN garbage. Will propably watch it for another 2/10 in my list.

Mar 9, 2015 5:19 AM
Oct 2013
Don't judge a book by its cover~
I for one will be watching this since it will cover past what has been translated in the manga and light novels. Though i hoped it wont be rushed, but it probably will.
BTW SPOLIERS - might keep you guys interested -
Mar 9, 2015 5:21 AM

Mar 2010
I was just reading the manga and seems kinda boring. Well let's just wait and see ifit will actually be crap or even slightly decent.
Mar 9, 2015 5:34 AM

Jan 2013
How to light novel adaptation:

Step 1: Choose any of the 100 magical highschool light novels

Step 2: Copy paste synopsis and change character names.

Step 3: Be sure to include phrases like "naked girl" in order to let the lowbrow audience know that this tragedy is being cattered to them.

Great work.
Mar 9, 2015 5:39 AM

Mar 2014
You know, these sound a bit interesting but this is exactly like Absolute Duo, you know this will be a fucking mess, too bad really, I haven't seen many repeating students in anime, especially MCs.
Mar 9, 2015 5:44 AM

Jan 2015
Seriously? Awesome, this is interesting i'll watch it :)
Mar 9, 2015 5:57 AM

Feb 2014
Absolute Duo Mahouka Koukou no Rettousai Seiken Tsukai no World Break Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance Magic school harem genre called, it wants it's premise back.

Mar 9, 2015 6:17 AM

Apr 2013
Man I wish the magical battle school setting would just die out. I don't even care if it's harem or not,just make something thats not a copy of mahoukaworldbreakbladedancefafnir XD

But I'll check this show out anyway, there is always this 0.0001% chance that it might be kinda good
Mar 9, 2015 6:18 AM

Mar 2012
Oh look! another Generic boring Snorefest LN written by a Chimpanzee, Baboon, Gorilla ,6 year old Howler Monkey.

I want season 2 of Kino no Tabi, Baccano and Jinrui please.

TheNaturalPerm said:
How to light novel adaptation:

Step 1: Choose any of the 100 magical highschool light novels

Step 2: Copy paste synopsis and change character names.

Step 3: Be sure to include phrases like "naked girl" in order to let the lowbrow audience know that this tragedy is being cattered to them.

Great work.

^
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Mar 9, 2015 6:20 AM

Oct 2012
Zeta986 said:
Oh look! another Generic boring Snorefest LN written by a Chimpanzee, Baboon, Gorilla ,6 year old Howler Monkey.

YES PLEASE. More Kino would just make my day.
Mar 9, 2015 6:23 AM

Oct 2008
Ducat_Revel said:
Zeta986 said:

YES PLEASE. More Kino would just make my day.

What no mention of Allison to Lillia,the authors other "masterpiece" ? We need more of that trainwreck (both literally and figuratively)
Mar 9, 2015 6:28 AM

Feb 2010
Nope, I'm gonna pass.
Mar 9, 2015 6:51 AM

Sep 2013
Animetive said:

A "non-ecchi" show? Yeah, right! xD
Mar 9, 2015 6:54 AM

May 2013
The description made me interested at first. Then I read "school" and "half-naked girl"
Nope. Won't watch
Mar 9, 2015 6:55 AM

Nov 2014
so much hate... sorry i have read the novel and compared it to the other harem, even though the the synopsis is the same as.. bahamuth, blade dance, and many harem one... 12 volumes of blade dance and numerous volumes of bahamuth , only the 1st and 2nd volume of this LN is already one my no.1 list, due to the development here is real, the manga is good and of course it's original content the LN...and if your thinking this is a harem, um no.. this is not

in my perspective it's already a 1 cour adaptation due to the LN has only 6 volumes, even though i can't wait for ikki and stella to be animated!!
Mar 9, 2015 7:06 AM

Apr 2014
this something I'm interested in tbh i like these generic LN adaptions

just like ppl like their pseudo intelligent anime
Mar 9, 2015 7:17 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I'm always a bit split on these shows because on one hand you know exactly what you're getting and it's normally predictable as hell, but on the other hand it's generally pretty easy to watch. It might be cheap entertainment... but it is still entertainment, which is kind of all that matters in the end, even if it won't leave any lasting impression on its own. Normally it just comes down to the characters to me: if you end up liking them then it can be a ton of fun, if not then it's incredibly bland. I'm never expecting a masterpiece from these kind of shows and I rarely find myself putting them above 7, but I don't end up putting them below 5 all that often either. They're just "okay-ish" most of the time.

In other words, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Generic or not, as long as it still manages to be somewhat enjoyable then I can't really hate it. I mean why do people even watch anime to begin with?
HaXXspettenMar 9, 2015 7:22 AM
Mar 9, 2015 7:28 AM

Mar 2014
Light novel is definitely going to be better than the anime in the end.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Mar 9, 2015 7:36 AM

Apr 2014
A_Lonely_Jedi said:
Light novel is definitely going to be better than the anime in the end.
source materials in general are always superior to their adaption counterpart its a common fact
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

18 by malvarez1 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by Badonkers »»
Yesterday, 12:31 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

29 by RealNath »»
Yesterday, 9:11 AM

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - May 5

0 by Aiimee »»
May 5, 10:47 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - May 5

0 by DatRandomDude »»
May 5, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.