Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 11, 2015 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
RIP cooking pot

Actually never mind, it looks gold as new now. Eh, this episode had a lot of slice of life moments and didn't concentrate on Fubuki as much. I don't mind it though since it gave Akatsuki and the others some time to shine.

The episode made me hungry though, kind of.
Feb 11, 2015 9:18 AM

Nov 2008
Yuubari showing up was very nice.

All that nice curry, Shimakaze was using the instant variety for the contest which was funny and cheating, but still gets a pass due to how relaxed and cute she was making it. I wouldn't want to be the one trying out Kongou's curry after Hiei ruined it, I probably wouldn't survive it. I wish Hibiki still had that Bauxite pot Yuubari made on her throughout the contest, it kinda suited her in a funny way.

Feb 11, 2015 10:05 AM

Mar 2013
Curry contest. Nice episode and a sighting of Shimakaze.
Feb 11, 2015 11:03 AM

Jun 2013
LoL the battle of curry sea turns into a curry competition

Feb 11, 2015 11:03 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
There are so many things that I'd like to point out in that curry competition but I'll just sum it up as the competition knocking themselves out. xD

Oh gosh I love the Destroyer Group Six! <3 Khorosho!
Feb 11, 2015 11:09 AM

Nov 2009
Now, this ep. is what I actually want to see in Kancolle anime.

Funny SOL moment!
Feb 11, 2015 11:26 AM

May 2009
Akatsuki sisters episode is fine by me, seeing more Hibiki screen time is a plus.
Feb 11, 2015 11:28 AM

Jul 2010
All the training to make the best curry. From ultra hot to a premium pot!

I enjoy how each fleet can sortie for their own reasons. Every team self-destructing and the contest turning into something else.

Nagato sweating from the spicy curry. It was fun, now I want curry :/
Feb 11, 2015 11:36 AM
Dec 2013
No, no. The real winner was Akagi. All that bauxite curry for a year.
Feb 11, 2015 11:54 AM

Apr 2010
I really like this anime but for ones i have to say that this was a pretty pointless episode.

I also have to say poor Ashigara-san her food didn't win only because it was spicy.
Well she is more then welcome to cook that for me, food is meant to be spicy!!
Feb 11, 2015 11:54 AM

Feb 2012
Filler. Filler. Filler. This felt like a fucking filler.

I care nothing about these four, I just found this episode so pointless and boring.

I didn't want to do it, but 1/5. I really hated this episode.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Feb 11, 2015 12:04 PM

Jul 2014
Waste of time.
Feb 11, 2015 12:09 PM

Jun 2013
Best curry episode evaa.
Feb 11, 2015 12:28 PM

Dec 2007
Nice bait and switch there - everyone thought it was going to be a battle ep. But, if they're doing SOL, this is a good way to go about it. Nice and simple - the reason Destroyer Group Six would win was obvious as soon as Ashigara gave them a sample of "her" curry. Even before that, I was expecting something along those lines. It's an obvious twist, but it works.

Best part was Naka's snub on Ashigara. That made my day.
Feb 11, 2015 12:29 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I kinda feel like KanColle doesn't need these kind of episodes. Not that they're bad per se, but you can find them in literally any SoL comedy ever. I'd rather see it utilize the elements which actually make the series unique instead
Feb 11, 2015 12:31 PM

Mar 2013
That was... pretty cheesy at times, honestly. :P Not one of the better episodes so far, in my opinion. Kinda felt like a random episode with not too much meaning other than to show off the personalities of DesDiv6 and some moe... it's okay.

Well I liked some of the references anyway. Could still enjoy it. Instant build = a flamethrower was a nice touch. Yes, that's what it is in the game.
HarlequinaFeb 11, 2015 12:40 PM
Feb 11, 2015 12:54 PM

Jul 2014
More Hibiki is always welcomed, however, the episode wasn't really much. it was enjoyable and i liked the references, but, the previous ones were better.
Feb 11, 2015 1:04 PM
Dec 2014
This episode made me think about dropping the anime in its entirety.
I didn't even play a kancolle game before watching this, maybe thats a part of my reasoning.
But holy crap this got cheesy and pointless as hell.

I hoped for somewhat more action in this anime to go through with it, and it hardly even delivers.

Genres: Action, School, Sci-Fi, Slice of Life, Military

Not really what i expected from this.
Feb 11, 2015 1:05 PM
Apr 2013
Great episode. As a fan of the 6thDesDiv this was a great way to appease the fans, considering that those four have quite a huge following.

Hibiki approved
Feb 11, 2015 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
Good curry contest episode.

Destroyer Group Six won the contest!
Feb 11, 2015 1:06 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Kongou and Akagi are best girls <33333

Episode was decent...Nothing much to really say for this one
Feb 11, 2015 1:19 PM

Oct 2014
Nice little SoL episode with the group. I would've probably preferred a more action based episode on the 6th Dev group but it is still fine overall.

Feb 11, 2015 1:20 PM

Oct 2012
Really? o_O

Whoever wrote this episode should go dig himself deep underground and never touch writing pen again. It was horrendous, I can't even...

Who had the great idea to put such bad filler halfway through the season? Felt like low priority OVA at best.
It was waste of time to watch it, anyone is strongly advised to skip this episode for his own good.

This series feels more and more like random bunch of lame stories someone put quickly together. I guess it's good if they do this in the game but to make anime of this? Getting worse and worse here.
Feb 11, 2015 1:21 PM

Jan 2014
A predictable yet really enjoyable episode.

Like always, the episode was super cute. Especially with the girls from Destroyer Group Six! >.<

I have to say Inazuma is the cutest among the group.
Feb 11, 2015 1:24 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
What's with the poll in this forum? Why so much hate? Sure enough, this episode was mostly "slice of life" stuff, but it definitely wasn't bad at all.

Tokoya said:

+1. Noticed all the "Onee-chan" figures in this show are hot!

Feb 11, 2015 1:28 PM
Apr 2013
Shaniyaz said:
What's with the poll in this forum? Why so much hate? Sure enough, this episode was mostly "slice of life" stuff, but it definitely wasn't bad at all.

Tokoya said:

+1. Noticed all the "Onee-chan" figures in this show are hot!

Too many salty viewers because there isn't enough edge and sinking to this anime even though most actual Kancolle viewers expected things like this.

People are just misguided with their hopes for more Urobuchi-style anime.
Feb 11, 2015 1:38 PM

Oct 2012
Shaniyaz said:

Unfortunately, it WAS bad. Really bad. I kinda feel happy for you that you don't see those flaws. Or should I say you have pretty low standards if you enjoyed this?

Even slice-of-life should have some importance to the story. This had none. It only served as blatant fanservice to show off those other girls. And it wasn't good either because it portrayed those four girls pretty weakly. No motivations, no dreams, nothing. It didn't even managed to tell their personalities well. Dialogues were pain to watch. It would be a lot better if they just talked about their hobbies, had some moe time together while walking the base and then were sent on some mission when they would have to work as team.

Sorry, but the script for this episode shouldn't even been accepted in the first place. It was pretty lackluster work Diomedea did here.
Feb 11, 2015 2:00 PM

Mar 2009
Well, at least this episode had more Kongou.
Feb 11, 2015 2:20 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Mich666 said:
Shaniyaz said:

Unfortunately, it WAS bad. Really bad. I kinda feel happy for you that you don't see those flaws. Or should I say you have pretty low standards if you enjoyed this?

Even slice-of-life should have some importance to the story. This had none. It only served as blatant fanservice to show off those other girls. And it wasn't good either because it portrayed those four girls pretty weakly. No motivations, no dreams, nothing. It didn't even managed to tell their personalities well. Dialogues were pain to watch. It would be a lot better if they just talked about their hobbies, had some moe time together while walking the base and then were sent on some mission when they would have to work as team.

Haven't played the game, but I asked a few people who have and they seem to be very satisfied with the adaptation. So, even though it may feel like a pointless episode, I think this is the way it should be.

Also, you don't need to have "high standards" to enjoy a normal, slice of life episode, even if it doesn't have anything to do with the plot.

Feb 11, 2015 2:41 PM

Oct 2012
what a pointless episode, but i'm craving for some curry now
Feb 11, 2015 3:00 PM
Sep 2014
As you almost do not appear fubuki
Feb 11, 2015 3:14 PM

Aug 2014
Oh,... now I want eat curry too! :D
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Feb 11, 2015 3:20 PM

May 2014
Hah! Fubuki's first appearance in this episode was pretty funny. Her obsession with Akagi is hilarious. A huge focus on Destroyer Group 6. Curry contest was nice to watch.
Feb 11, 2015 3:21 PM

Oct 2010
Damn, Shoukaku wears some sexy panties.

Also
Feb 11, 2015 3:51 PM

Oct 2014
Very funny episode. I enjoyed it.
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Feb 11, 2015 4:05 PM

Jan 2009
Probably the worst episode so far unless lolies r ur thing. It's understandable that they're giving girls some show time but meh..

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 11, 2015 4:21 PM
Dec 2008
What a funny light-hearted episode. Too cute for my eyes.
Feb 11, 2015 4:45 PM

Apr 2011
The sound of scrapping is to be feared.
Feb 11, 2015 4:48 PM

Aug 2013
I've never had any curry before.

I should really try some in the future.
Feb 11, 2015 4:50 PM

Oct 2008
That was awkward.
Feb 11, 2015 5:02 PM
Apr 2013
Mich666 said:

Sorry, but the script for this episode shouldn't even been accepted in the first place. It was pretty lackluster work Diomedea did here.

I think the main problem is that most of the non-Japanese viewers don't understand the target audience for this anime, even at this point for some reason.

People need to consider both the demographic and location this was intended to air. A lot of Japanese anime base are already Kancolle players or are very familiar with the game itself, thanks to a lot of things. Now, compare that to the unintended demographic, the rest of the world. Most people here are not familiar with the game or don't play the game because a lot of the things make it inconvenient for us while it's very convenient for them (ie. lottery timing, need of VPN or proxy/API link to play the game unless you use outside tools legally).

So people like US or Europeans were hoping that the anime could bring more people in, but Diomedea doesn't see that. They only see the Japanese viewer base, which, again, know of the game's existence and most likely tried it out or currently play it. So there's no point in making an anime to bring more people, but rather cash in on the majority, which are those that are familiar with it. And from what I'm hearing, people who played the game are enjoying it quite a bit and are satisfied with all the fanservice. I think the only downside for us is that not every character can obviously get a major role in the anime but we've come to accept that already. The anime doesn't explain how the game works, because we already know. Instead, it shows how game mechanics translate outside of the game into the anime and such.

In the end, for a fan of the game (and as a fan of the DesDiv6 myself), I really liked it and think this was one of the better episodes. I will possibly agree that maybe it could've worked better as an OVA since Fubuki takes a backseat and the plot is kinda on a standstill, but I really appreciate this fanservice anyways. I always wanted to see how all these girls interact with each other. If I want to learn the game, I play the game myself, which I already do :V.
Feb 11, 2015 5:07 PM

Nov 2009
Let me remind someone that the anime was stated to be 70% “slice of life” (SOL) and 30% action/battle even before it aired the first ep. If you are expecting a heavy action story, you are expecting a wrong thing from a wrong show. This ep. stays true to what it is intended to be.

Just watch and enjoy it guys. SOL ep. point is to be relax and fun. You don't even need to be a lolicon to like it. Action part can wait for future eps.
Feb 11, 2015 5:27 PM
Nov 2010
Gpop said:
Mich666 said:

I think the main problem is that most of the non-Japanese viewers don't understand the target audience for this anime, even at this point for some reason.

People need to consider both the demographic and location this was intended to air. A lot of Japanese anime base are already Kancolle players or are very familiar with the game itself, thanks to a lot of things. Now, compare that to the unintended demographic, the rest of the world. Most people here are not familiar with the game or don't play the game because a lot of the things make it inconvenient for us while it's very convenient for them (ie. lottery timing, need of VPN or proxy/API link to play the game unless you use outside tools legally).

So people like US or Europeans were hoping that the anime could bring more people in, but Diomedea doesn't see that. They only see the Japanese viewer base, which, again, know of the game's existence and most likely tried it out or currently play it. So there's no point in making an anime to bring more people, but rather cash in on the majority, which are those that are familiar with it. And from what I'm hearing, people who played the game are enjoying it quite a bit and are satisfied with all the fanservice. I think the only downside for us is that not every character can obviously get a major role in the anime but we've come to accept that already. The anime doesn't explain how the game works, because we already know. Instead, it shows how game mechanics translate outside of the game into the anime and such.

In the end, for a fan of the game (and as a fan of the DesDiv6 myself), I really liked it and think this was one of the better episodes. I will possibly agree that maybe it could've worked better as an OVA since Fubuki takes a backseat and the plot is kinda on a standstill, but I really appreciate this fanservice anyways. I always wanted to see how all these girls interact with each other. If I want to learn the game, I play the game myself, which I already do :V.

It's okay he probbaly dropped girls und panzer for the same stupid reason

People need to realize that this anime is for the fans of the game. It's already hugely popular and doesn't need to try and pull more people in. I still love it that people think the producers for anime care about what fans from other countries think or want
MrJcFeb 11, 2015 5:30 PM
Feb 11, 2015 6:12 PM

Aug 2014
Lol, people are actually upset about this episode?
Wtf did you think this show was gonna be, a WWII drama??? Pffffttt!
Awesome episode. The moe level was of the charts thanks to the Akatsuki Class!
And any episode with Kangou-san has proven to be a good time so far, lol!
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Feb 11, 2015 6:32 PM

Jun 2013
Hmmmm, interesting episode, wasnt enough mutsuki-chan b ut it was still cute nonetheless :)
Feb 11, 2015 6:43 PM

Oct 2012
Just fun still cant cook with a flamethrower
Feb 11, 2015 7:28 PM
Jun 2011
This was a fun, completely moronic, totally meta, episode.
I loved it.
The Akatsukis are fun little lolis to watch do their thing.
Things probably would have worked out okay for Kongou if Hiei hadn't been involved. Apparently Kongou is a fine chef by herself, but Hiei is legendary for making vile food (as in this isn't the first time she's nearly killed someone).
I actually caught up on the game prior to this ep by watching a 39 ep LP.
I laughed my ass off because now I get the little things they throw in the anime, like the [Expedition... Failure]. Not to mention this is the first ep where they treat the girls like they are in the game.
In game there's never any question that the girls are actually ships. In the anime up till now, I'd assumed they were human.
Until Akagi started drooling over the bauxite (which I still say looks like meat), and Yuubari mentioned making weapons...and the fucking flamethrower.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Feb 11, 2015 7:39 PM

Apr 2014
I never felt so betrayed,
Operation Curry Sea = Curry Cooking Competition.
But it was a funny episodes, with tons of korosho, panpakapan and nanodesu.
R.I.P Kongou and Hiei, and Naka did a great job as a mc.

Kaga is love Kaga is life.
Feb 11, 2015 8:01 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Marina2 said:
Let me remind someone that the anime was stated to be 70% “slice of life” (SOL) and 30% action/battle even before it aired the first ep. If you are expecting a heavy action story, you are expecting a wrong thing from a wrong show. This ep. stays true to what it is intended to be.

Just watch and enjoy it guys. SOL ep. point is to be relax and fun. You don't even need to be a lolicon to like it. Action part can wait for future eps.

well, yeah, i was expecting something like that. i've never watched something with so many lolis and SOL so i tried this because... why not ?

But ho well, at least i tried.

dropped.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 11, 2015 8:01 PM

Nov 2008
It was fun and all but I felt betrayed with the preview title last week xDD

I thought there would be some battle but I get cooking battle xDD

Still good tho

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

115 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 5, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

119 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2015

168 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

261 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 12:55 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 27, 2014

345 by daddy7860 »»
Feb 12, 2023 9:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.