Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 11, 2015 6:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A bit of an unusual series but I like it so far.

Not sure how I feel about the main girl yet but the two main guys are quite something. Going by the flashbacks, all three of them had a history before and one that wasn't entirely pleasant. Seems like Doronjo has a goal to fulfill though. Overall not bad so looking forward to more.
Stark700Jan 11, 2015 11:55 AM
Jan 11, 2015 7:39 AM

May 2009
Bad news
-official subs in Tuesday
-they are Funi, hardsubbed shit
Good news
Supposedly it's 26 episodes long.

Edit. Nevermind some subs are out
bastek66Jan 11, 2015 9:21 AM
Jan 11, 2015 7:52 AM
Dec 2011
Oh man this seems to be suffer anime.
But i love the first episode, will keep watching.
Jan 11, 2015 8:04 AM

Dec 2014
After the anime industry laid waste to Tokyo, they decided to destroy the moon in this season.

It's extremely rare for someone this young as Tatsuya Yoshihara to be a director in anime industry, I hope he got real talent because right now, all I can see is that he can draw but not tell a story well. Arve Rezzle is just a failure because it has no identity and taking everything from everywhere, Muromi-san is a comedy with some hit and miss, This time he gets rid of the heavy influence of Shibo from his previous works and shows us what he can do to redeem his name, not really, but it's always nice to see new blood.

I'd be honest, it's another one of those "Only the animators are having fun" kind of show, like the The Rolling Girls of this season, or if you want a better example, Sekai Seifukubut. Yet this show has a simpler premise and a relatively small cast of characters to follow, although the mother's death is just hilarious if you take into account that they supposed you would care for any characters in just one episode with this over the top presentation, but the direction is none the less there and easy for everyone to see: a simple adventure story. Still style over substance, and a little bit show-off-y on the animation, but I don't have any hope that it will be great or even good, I simply have no faith in this series as the lack of evidence.

Btw I hate the sudden shift of tone when they were onshore seriously and than suddenly cut to a goofy boat scene, they took quite some time to build up to that moment and I was genuinely getting invested into the story and the MC's tragedy and this is how you reward your audiences by slapping them in the face? I hope that is just a one time thing cause I have no tolerance for bull shit like that, is thing like that made me dislike these kind of shows in the first place, just please keep your tone consistence.
raveninthemuddleJan 11, 2015 8:44 AM
Jan 11, 2015 8:42 AM
Dec 2011
Well the director of this show is Tatsuya Yoshihara
Jan 11, 2015 9:52 AM

Jul 2010
This does seem like a fun one too.

Getting to see the girl being born and raised to her current age which was nice. Man, I despise the Yattermen already as the Yattermen told them to go back and when they were going back, they mercilessly shoot them non-stop. Losing her dream and her mother all in the same day.

The formation of Dorombo does seem sort of fun.
Jan 11, 2015 9:56 AM
Oct 2013
Hmmmmm. I think I may like it or not, let's see two more episodes first.
Jan 11, 2015 9:57 AM

May 2013
This definitely looks interesting. I think I'm gonna be watching more of this.
Jan 11, 2015 10:05 AM

Feb 2008
I was going to write this off as an edgy remake, but I'm actually pleasantly surprised. At first I thought that these characters were supposed to be Boyaki and Tonzura in an edgy setting, but glad that they are just descendants. Now the episode wasn't anything groundbreaking with the twist, but I'm looking forward to the next episode, to see which direction this will go.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 11, 2015 10:06 AM

Jun 2014
Elephantus

D, D, D ... for Ding, now i know the meaning of D for one piece

Jan 11, 2015 10:16 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I enjoyed this quite a bit....This series definitely has potential
Jan 11, 2015 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
haha good start... man i knew Boyacky' s voice sound familiar... lol sanji.
Jan 11, 2015 10:29 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That was really nice. Nothing mindblowing but i feel like it might be a fun ride.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 11, 2015 10:38 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, what a pleasant surprise. Good thing I didn't have any expectations before watching coz damn it was a fun start. One of the better releases this season, along with Rolling Girls and Junketsu No Maria.

Kimi wa shooting star / 5
Jan 11, 2015 10:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best first episode of this season. I got teary eyed for a first episode.
Jan 11, 2015 11:00 AM
Jul 2014
I can't tell if I liked it or not. It constantly shifts from serious to over the top, but it still surprised me as I had no expectations. Looking forward to more.
The opening song was nice.
Jan 11, 2015 11:25 AM
Feb 2014
That was... interesting...

I don't know what to make of this.

The animation was pretty good, and the story setting sounds interesting enough.

I thought it was a rather serious adventure anime, but that last scene with those tattered costumes confused me -_-...

I'll wait and see...
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jan 11, 2015 11:28 AM

Sep 2013
Amazing episode. This one looks like is going to be a fun ride. I hope it's better than gatchaman crowds.... That reboot wasn't my cup of tea
Jan 11, 2015 11:35 AM

Oct 2013
Duri1n said:
That was... interesting...

I don't know what to make of this.

The animation was pretty good, and the story setting sounds interesting enough.

I thought it was a rather serious adventure anime, but that last scene with those tattered costumes confused me -_-...

I'll wait and see...

Yatterman franchise is mainly comedy. So while this one will be more serious than normal, it will still get comedy parts in it.
Jan 11, 2015 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
Is this like a sequel?
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jan 11, 2015 11:53 AM

Dec 2010
Hmm, from what I can see this is completely different from the original Yatterman series, right? I have never watched it so I can't be certain, but the original series seems to be a comedic adventure series for children, and this new series doesn't really fit that description.

But still, are there some things from the original series that you need to know to watch this show? Like that supposed war that happened long before the series (though that seemed more like a meteor shower that almost destroyed all of civilization) or that giant wall behind the mountains.

Other than that, this was a pretty good start. I first thought this was a childrens show, like the original, but this was a pleasant surprise.

5/5

bastek66 said:

Supposedly it's 26 episodes long.

MAL lists it as 12 episodes. Where did you hear that it's 26?
Jan 11, 2015 12:18 PM

Aug 2013
Seems entertaining.
Jan 11, 2015 12:20 PM

Aug 2010
Easy top5 of this season which barely has anything good from new non sequel series (around 3-4 other series)

Looks fun :3
Jan 11, 2015 12:28 PM

Mar 2014
AaaaaaKun said:
Btw I hate the sudden shift of tone when they were onshore seriously and than suddenly cut to a goofy boat scene, they took quite some time to build up to that moment and I was genuinely getting invested into the story and the MC's tragedy and this is how you reward your audiences by slapping them in the face? I hope that is just a one time thing cause I have no tolerance for bull shit like that, is thing like that made me dislike these kind of shows in the first place, just please keep your tone consistence.
You nailed it.
Here I was thinking "damn, sure aren't cutting any corners in making me emotional invested already" and then they have a comic relief moment, left a bad taste in my mouth, especially when it was pretty obvious the Yatterman weren't going to be good guys at all.
Leopard deciding to go after the bad guys wasn't unexpected, just kinda silly considering she's 9 and all, I'm kinda hoping this episode was like a prequel and they'll time skip a few years ahead, at least until she's a teenager so it can at least try to be a bit more serious.

There's also a silly amount of dust in this series, really thick one at that but I like the style, animation dipped down in some parts but good overall.
There's potential here, lots of it but I'm not expecting much, will probably be one of those series where I'll end up watching for the characters and not for the story, which isn't an awful thing.
Jan 11, 2015 12:31 PM

Nov 2014
Looks pretty good so far. It has potential, it just depends on where they take it. The toneshifts were a bit odd, so I can't tell if this is supposed to be serious or not but I guess we'll see.
Jan 11, 2015 12:51 PM

Sep 2008
I watched original series, but I barely remember it xD
Anyway... this is pretty cool see old characters again and have thoughts like: "oh, I remember them!" :)

But... Heros are evil now, and villains are good? :)

Can't wait to see next episode~!
Jan 11, 2015 12:54 PM

Nov 2012
This has potential, I enjoyed the episode.
Jaywalker.
Jan 11, 2015 1:05 PM

Apr 2013
so this is kind of a deconstruction of the original yatterman i guess.

pretty awesome. not a fan of the quick toneshifts though. like the visual style though

kinda expected there would be a timeskip until she is older but going by the ed i guess that is not the case.
xSanoxJan 11, 2015 1:12 PM
Jan 11, 2015 1:11 PM

Aug 2014
- action/adventure?
- slice of life?
- overall art and animation is pretty good
- ah, poor Momma!
- what's up with these costumes though?!
- ED is decent
- i'm not sure what to feel

not sure what I was gonna expect going into this blind but this looks pretty decent?
Jan 11, 2015 1:15 PM

Jun 2013
get rid of the costumes and its golden lol
Jan 11, 2015 1:28 PM

Aug 2013
People really complains about the costumes? Hello, THIS IS YATTERMAN...
Jan 11, 2015 1:35 PM

Jul 2013
Can i jump right in without having watched any of the previous material?
Jan 11, 2015 1:36 PM

Jul 2014
decent episode. looks promising overall.
Jan 11, 2015 1:45 PM

Aug 2009
Cyatek said:

yes, but better to watch previousl season (remake) cuz you miss alot of trivia ect.
Jan 11, 2015 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
Cyatek said:

i know what it is but never watched the older yatterman stuff. read up on the synopsis what the old one is about so you understand what is different here. guess there will be some references i won't get but i did not feel confused while watching it
Jan 11, 2015 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
This looks interesting.

I can't believe the Yattermans will attack the girl and the gang. I felt bad that the girl's mother died.
Jan 11, 2015 1:51 PM

Aug 2014
From my point of view its quite clearly a show aimed at children , it does use a large number of tropes and it's quite cliche however it has a certain style to it and the humor did click for me I cant really say I dislike what I watched however I won't be following this series any further
ikramitJan 11, 2015 1:57 PM
Jan 11, 2015 1:52 PM

Dec 2012
Seems to be another case like AgK, where the comedy and drama undermine each other instead of play to each strengths. Also what kind of mom names their kid Leopard anyway. Just might stay on my list for now, because mr. Wild Tiger is in it :)
Jan 11, 2015 2:38 PM
Jan 2009
DarkDooM2 said:
Hmm, from what I can see this is completely different from the original Yatterman series, right? I have never watched it so I can't be certain, but the original series seems to be a comedic adventure series for children, and this new series doesn't really fit that description.

But still, are there some things from the original series that you need to know to watch this show? Like that supposed war that happened long before the series (though that seemed more like a meteor shower that almost destroyed all of civilization) or that giant wall behind the mountains.

Other than that, this was a pretty good start. I first thought this was a childrens show, like the original, but this was a pleasant surprise.

5/5

Other that the main characters at the end of the episode try mimicking the old Doronbo Trio, there are some subtle references to the previous series, but I daresay mostly nothing really plot related.

There was no major war in the previous series, this is an entirely new plot that starts with a full role reversal between the original heroes and villains.
Dark_KainJan 11, 2015 2:43 PM
Jan 11, 2015 2:49 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Don't like Kitamura Eri's high-pitched voice, that's all I could think of. Other than that, it was an okay first impression. I'll give it a few more episodes to decide if this is a keeper.
Jan 11, 2015 3:27 PM

May 2014
I'm no fan of little kids as main characters (Simon from TTGL is where I draw the line...for some reason this show does oddly remind me of Gurren Lagann), but this seem interesting so far.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Jan 11, 2015 4:24 PM

Nov 2011
Edit: It was a pretty good first episode, but I think I came in with the wrong mindset. The contrast of comedy and drama is going to end up determining whether I'll like this or not. The silliness and seriousness seems contradictory at this point, so I hope that gets sorted out soon.

I'll definitely give it a chance.
TripleSRankJan 11, 2015 5:22 PM
Jan 11, 2015 4:44 PM

Sep 2013
Art/Animation: Looks pretty good overall. The characters are a tad generic looking besides their silly costumes at the end but the fluidity was great and the quality was fine. The use of fog and dust to indicate their living area is a dump is cliche but works.

Sound: Leopards voice annoys me sometimes but nothing too terrible, the rest do their voices fine. The background music isn't too memorable but it built some atmosphere to go with what happened.

Story+Characters:
Rather rushed for a first episode but I actually like this set up overall. I think it's rather interesting that this takes place in a world where the heroes... already won.

The heroes beat the baddies, the baddies were punished, they built a utopia that keeps the baddies out and all lived happily ever after... for everyone except the family of the baddies. I hope they don't go with the whole, "You can't just punish people for the mistakes of their ancestors" because I'm not sure how they could stretch that message out for a whole series and there should be more to it than that. I want to see what happened to the Yattermen to make them into these paranoid arrogant dictator pricks.

Leopard is likable, the 2 guys are likable and the mother... WAS likable... I'm not too big a fan of killing someone off in the first episode and expecting us to care but I get that they didn't really have a choice, they wanted to get the adventure underway as fast as possible so I look at it more so as part of the set up. They gave you everything you really needed to know about the mother fairly quickly and they showed you the entire life of Leopard and gave you everything you need to know about her too. Fast pacing for an adventure series is always a good sign but it was a tad rushed.

With that said though, I expected this just to be some dumb slapstick comedy with little to no plot.. and it seems like they are actually going to DO something with their premise. Very promising and has potential but could turn out to be fairly generic. Now let's just hope they don't screw it up.
Jan 11, 2015 4:53 PM

Mar 2014
Well I wasn't expecting much but the first episode was surprisingly fulfilling. I had no idea what kind of anime this would be when I saw it on the winter list but I decided to try it out and I'm glad I did. I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 11, 2015 5:08 PM

Nov 2011
This isn't the Yatterman I remember, but this was a damn good first episode. I'm hoping the tone stays consistent, and the coming episodes don't veer in a different direction in that regard. And I agree Leopard's voice is kind of annoying. I expected a time skip, but it doesn't look like it'll happen, at least for a while.
Jan 11, 2015 5:53 PM

Mar 2014
I think I just found the 'diamond in the rough' of the season :D
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jan 11, 2015 6:04 PM

Aug 2008
I love the dynamic very much! The animation suits my taste and Hirata Hiroaki is in it!
Jan 11, 2015 6:52 PM

Jun 2012
Definitely an anime this season to keep an eye out for. Really enjoying the animation so far and sure the story will probably be a simple linear one but a simple story told the right way can lead to a really good show.

If you haven't yet definitely watch the ending credits since it gives a good insight to how the show will progress.
Jan 11, 2015 7:28 PM

Mar 2012
Good start of the series.

this must be the sequel of Yatterman.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jan 11, 2015 7:54 PM

Jan 2013
The old-school super hero anime. Weird names
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2015

65 by dechenerate »»
Sep 23, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

30 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 10, 2017 5:19 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

29 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 10, 2017 4:17 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

35 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 10, 2017 1:21 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Yatterman Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2015

26 by ThreePercent »»
Jul 9, 2017 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.