Forum Settings
Forums

New Key Project 'Charlotte' Announced for 2015 [Update 1/29]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 22, 2014 8:58 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
zensunni said:
vodall said:
is this a VN adaptation or no
either way I can't really expect much from the angel beats people

No, this is an original anime story, like Angel Beats was. I suspect that it is actually a continuation of the Angel Beats story, as in the same group of souls from Angel Beats moving on to their next lives together, or trying to be together..
what's the point of that, they're already remaking Angel Beats next year as a visual novel :s
Dec 22, 2014 8:59 AM

Oct 2014
Hmmm... looking from the PV, tbh it didn't really give me some kind of... "chill"... yeah its' good, but that's that. Anywaaay, I think I'll get around it since I mainly have no problem with Key's works like Angel Beats ^^
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Dec 22, 2014 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
Thanks so much for the news !
Dec 22, 2014 9:10 AM

Apr 2013
Hope this will be good
Dec 22, 2014 9:10 AM
Dec 2014
Hoppy said:
I got a bad feeling about this, PA works has made terrible anime as of late and Key gave Little Busters to JC Staff. I'm expecting a disasterpiece.

Whoa, Little Busters! was one of the best Key anime ever. And pretty sure Nagi no Asakura is held highly and definitely sure Angel Beats! is held highly.
Dec 22, 2014 9:11 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Holy shit, I am extremely excited for this anime!
Dec 22, 2014 9:13 AM

Sep 2011
Back on topic now... Saw this during the Live stream last night at like 4 AM :>. Pretty happy about this new anime original project, but I hope it's not 12 episodes with no char development. Still hoping for that rewrite adaptation...

dmasterxd said:
Hoppy said:
I got a bad feeling about this, PA works has made terrible anime as of late and Key gave Little Busters to JC Staff. I'm expecting a disasterpiece.

Whoa, Little Busters! was one of the best Key anime ever. And pretty sure Nagi no Asakura is held highly and definitely sure Angel Beats! is held highly.
No, LB was nowhere close as the 'best key anime ever'. The anime did pretty poorly at what it should've done. This is coming from a person who takes the VN in high regard too.
Dec 22, 2014 9:21 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
dmasterxd said:
Hoppy said:

Little Busters is quite generally considered a pretty half-assed adaptation tbh. The visual novel is fantastic yes, but what JC did with the anime was average at best.
Dec 22, 2014 9:28 AM

May 2010
Ah yes! It's key x P.A. Works again! Hopefully it will be be as good as their Angel Beats.

F0XFIRE said:
Then again so far P.A. Works = All style and no substance.

Oh please. Watch Angel Beats, Hanasaku Iroha, Nagi no Asukara first before saying that. Even Shirobako is great.
Dec 22, 2014 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
So they've been planning on releasing their crap all at once?
Dec 22, 2014 9:38 AM

Jun 2012
PA works recent anime have been quite weak in my opinion. Hopefully this doesn't suck. But with Jun Maeda at the helm, it should be alright.
Dec 22, 2014 9:46 AM

Dec 2012
Shuhan said:
PA works recent anime have been quite weak in my opinion. Hopefully this doesn't suck. But with Jun Maeda at the helm, it should be alright.

Shirobako is good though
Dec 22, 2014 10:05 AM

Oct 2007
Maerow said:
I'm in.

Can't be worse than Angel Beats anyway.

I thought people loved that one. Personally I couldn't make heads or tales of it and it seemed like one gigantic clusterfuck. I mean obviously I got the gist of the main crux of them being in some high school romance in purgatory and having to learn to come to terms with it but other than that it just seemed like a rushed mess that was barely coherent in anything it tried to do, but I guess it did a lot for KEY fans. The KEY brand really seems to have made up for it with their hard appeals to peoples sentiment, raw emotions and "feels" that I admit I just kind of lack if I don't care about the characters, but apparently makes many others burst in to tears and just not be able to cope with....something. This will be hugely popular nonsensical or not and almost certainly a best seller and I think that's kind of the point.
PeacingOutDec 22, 2014 10:09 AM
Dec 22, 2014 10:05 AM

Jun 2012
kawaii-despair said:
Shuhan said:

Shirobako is good though

I haven't seen it but it does look better than Glasslip.
Dec 22, 2014 10:15 AM

Jun 2013
I want to see P.A Works do more anime like Uchouten Kazoku since it was fantastic. Too bad not many people have seen it.
Dec 22, 2014 10:28 AM

Aug 2012
Well if it's PA Works I'm glad it wasn't a Rewrite announcement, I wouldn't think they'd be up to it. Then again I'm not sure what studio would be at this point.
Dec 22, 2014 10:41 AM

Dec 2013
Please have enough episodes!
Dec 22, 2014 11:00 AM
Dec 2014
Tyrel said:
Back on topic now... Saw this during the Live stream last night at like 4 AM :>. Pretty happy about this new anime original project, but I hope it's not 12 episodes with no char development. Still hoping for that rewrite adaptation...

dmasterxd said:

No, LB was nowhere close as the 'best key anime ever'. The anime did pretty poorly at what it should've done. This is coming from a person who takes the VN in high regard too.

Yes it did. Wonderful execution of friendship and excellent portrayal of it's male cast (one of the main reasons it is the best Key anime) Also coming from a person who takes the VN in high regard.(which means nothing anyway).
Dec 22, 2014 11:17 AM

Feb 2013
Hoped for a Rewrite Adaption, but as a Key-Fan I'm still pretty hyped about this.

Dec 22, 2014 11:22 AM

Nov 2008
NEED MORE INFO
Dec 22, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
as long as it isn't as bad as Little Busters I'm okay with this.
Dec 22, 2014 12:06 PM

Apr 2014
I can already feel the feels.
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Dec 22, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2012
Well, I'm in.
Dec 22, 2014 12:22 PM

Dec 2014
Aah, incredible, my darlings!
Dec 22, 2014 12:53 PM

Aug 2013
So excited! It's certainly holiday season. :-)
Dec 22, 2014 1:07 PM

Sep 2011
Key... Well, the only problem is PA Works, after hearing negative comments about their recent adaptations.

And also, to be honest, despite this is Key, this seems uninteresting. I guess I'll wait for a proper trailer.

Dec 22, 2014 1:13 PM

Jun 2010
REWRITE FUCKING WHEN!?

I couldn't care less about this new Maeda thing. He lost his magic with AB and I doubt he will ever get it back.
At least it's PA Works, the household of original productions... so it probably won't flop that hard.
Dec 22, 2014 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
xbobx said:
REWRITE FUCKING WHEN!?

^^fucking this. btw, am i the only one around here who honestly doesnt care about the angel beats OVA and just wants to watch this?
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Dec 22, 2014 2:02 PM

Sep 2013
Looking forward to another great soundtrack by Key ~
Dec 22, 2014 2:31 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
sanata50lbsb said:
xbobx said:
REWRITE FUCKING WHEN!?

^^fucking this. btw, am i the only one around here who honestly doesnt care about the angel beats OVA and just wants to watch this?
don't think anyone really cares about a random OVA added solely to help promote the release of First Beat and vice versa
Dec 22, 2014 2:35 PM

Jul 2014
sanata50lbsb said:
xbobx said:
REWRITE FUCKING WHEN!?

id rather have a full remake of angel beats or an adaptation of the AB manga instead of a single OVA. disappointing.
Dec 22, 2014 2:38 PM
Dec 2014
TheNaturalPerm said:

If it's like Little Busters, it would be a masterpiece lol.
Because LB is literally the best Key anime. I'm hoping it will be better actaully. No I expect to be. Jun Maeda and Key have never let me down before.
Dec 22, 2014 2:53 PM

Jun 2010
sanata50lbsb said:

If they did Track Zero I'd be way more pleased with the announcement. The way it is, it's just "meeh".
Still AB! will be interesting to follow. They will milk this damn franchise to oblivion now that the VN is coming out soon. The publisher already announced it will be "part 1 of 6" because of the massive length of the storyline.
Maeda simply had lot more to tell than what was shown in the animu. So we got tons of manga and now finally the VN.

dmasterxd said:
TheNaturalPerm said:

If it's like Little Busters, it would be a masterpiece lol.
Because LB is literally the best Key anime. I'm hoping it will be better actaully. No I expect to be. Jun Maeda and Key have never let me down before.

LB is figuratively crap.
Dec 22, 2014 2:55 PM

Apr 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Maerow said:
I'm in.

Can't be worse than Angel Beats anyway.

I thought people loved that one. Personally I couldn't make heads or tales of it and it seemed like one gigantic clusterfuck. I mean obviously I got the gist of the main crux of them being in some high school romance in purgatory and having to learn to come to terms with it but other than that it just seemed like a rushed mess that was barely coherent in anything it tried to do, but I guess it did a lot for KEY fans. The KEY brand really seems to have made up for it with their hard appeals to peoples sentiment, raw emotions and "feels" that I admit I just kind of lack if I don't care about the characters, but apparently makes many others burst in to tears and just not be able to cope with....something. This will be hugely popular nonsensical or not and almost certainly a best seller and I think that's kind of the point.

I have yet to figure out why people actually like Key or most anime melodrama in general. it feels like even the corniest Hollywood movies have more to offer than these series. But I agree with you, it will be a bestseller and as lame as the rest of their output.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Dec 22, 2014 3:13 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Btw can't we like have a sticky thread on the Angel Beats subforum explaining why a second season of Angel Beats won't happen until the VN is released, kind of like how the F/SN vs F/Z FAQ-thread works on the UBW subforum? I'm kind of getting sick of having to explain it to people in various places -.-
Dec 22, 2014 3:47 PM

Apr 2010
Nidhoeggr said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I have yet to figure out why people actually like Key or most anime melodrama in general. it feels like even the corniest Hollywood movies have more to offer than these series. But I agree with you, it will be a bestseller and as lame as the rest of their output.

KEY is meh when Jun Maeda is writing.

REWRITE ANIME FUCKING WHEN!?
Dec 22, 2014 4:49 PM

Jan 2008
If it's a harem hopefully it won't end with the soulless boring waifu winning (like Clannad).
Dec 22, 2014 4:54 PM
Nov 2010
If you guys liked Angel Beats, you guys should definitely look forward to Charlotte.
Don't forget that Angel Beats was also made by P.A. Works and written by Jun Maeda.
Dec 22, 2014 5:09 PM
Jul 2014
A new Key anime? Yes please.
Dec 22, 2014 5:12 PM

Jul 2014
Jun Maeda = flawless, I'm definitely going to watch this
Dec 22, 2014 5:27 PM

Aug 2012
This should be a good one.
Dec 22, 2014 5:34 PM
Nov 2013
I've been waiting for another KEY project :D
However, Maeda original story + P.A Works reminds me of Angel Beats which was so poor from a writing standpoint
I can only hope he's improved
Dec 22, 2014 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
I was excited for this until I saw Aniplex as part of this....
Dec 22, 2014 7:13 PM

Oct 2007
xbobx said:
REWRITE FUCKING WHEN!?

I couldn't care less about this new Maeda thing. He lost his magic with AB and I doubt he will ever get it back.
At least it's PA Works, the household of original productions... so it probably won't flop that hard.

Sunrise does just as many if not more original productions as P.A Works does yearly but i guess remain invisible to people outside of Japan.
Dec 22, 2014 7:26 PM

Oct 2007
Nidhoeggr said:

I don't know man, not deep into the VN stuff so hard for me to say but either it clearly works or its popular because its popular. Probably a little bit of both. I don't do the whole feels thing so againits just ereally hard for me to say. I just find it funny how tired and downcast Maeda looked during the whole announcement thing which kind of reflects how I feel about most Aniplex project announcement in general lol. Everything is such a big deal and yet in reality its not at all and they have literally nothing to show in the trailer but hey kids get hype anyway. I wouldn't even be surprised if he basically just knew his name was being used in the never ending quest for otaku bucks and how much his seeming lack of enthusiasm is going to reflect on the end product. He seems about as gung ho for Charlotte as Urobuchi was for Aldnoah and Gunslinger Stratos despite these people ostensibly being the principal creators of these ideas.
Dec 22, 2014 7:38 PM

Feb 2013
How does this already have a score of 9?... whatever, I'll add it to my PTW anyways. (no real idea what it is)
Dec 22, 2014 7:55 PM

Apr 2011
I'm guessing Charlotte is Kanade. Hmmm...
MagitoDec 22, 2014 8:12 PM
Dec 22, 2014 8:21 PM

May 2012
More Key is always welcomed. That studio tho.... hmm.
Dec 22, 2014 8:37 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Oh P.A again, I'm still hurting from their last original endeavour... I feel like this will be a short, probably one cour but I at least have trust in Maeda to deliver something decent at the very least. Is this the work where P.A takes a break from being so shit and delivers? I certainly hope so, for their sake and mine. You know what, I should stop worrying because it'll probably be good.
Dec 22, 2014 8:46 PM
Sep 2013
looking forward to this PA works + key
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

8 by kataneer »»
16 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

4 by nec0_0 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
5 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.