Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 13, 2014 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, it was an okay episode I guess and really feels like SOL with the peace in their own world now. Good to know that some of the girls feels like their victory is worth celebrating while others are still a bit anxious.

From here, they'll probably have to work harder but for other goals and with each other. Nice eyepatch
Stark700Nov 13, 2014 10:38 AM
Nov 13, 2014 11:54 AM

Jan 2012
A standard recovery episode. I bet Itsuki's voice actress was pretty bummed with this turn of events.:D Their health problems seem to be based on the senses so if Karin had used Mankai might she have lost her sense of touch or smell?

As others have said I'd love it if the rest of this really was just them doing standard club activities and whatnot. Just having an overall peaceful slice of life feel in other words. But if I had to guess I'd guess another conflict will arise at some point. The only question is how many episodes will pass before it comes up.
Nov 13, 2014 1:18 PM

Aug 2010
Why do I feel like all that "It'll heal in no time" was like a "It's not gonna heal so simply" flag? Really getting some depressing foreshadowing vibes in the atmosphere. Hope it's my imagination <_<

Tsundere Karin was kawaii as usual <3
Nov 13, 2014 1:20 PM

Sep 2013
So many flags in this show, especially at the end with "we have all the time in the world".
It's pretty interesting to see what happens after the battle is won, but the foreshadowing of something darker never seems to leave.
Nov 13, 2014 1:29 PM
Feb 2008
I really hope their wounds are permanent and that their depression kicks in when they realize that. Next 6 episodes will be about them trying to live with their disability they received for gaining nothing in return. Almost like soldiers returning from war and experiencing PTSD.
Nov 13, 2014 2:02 PM

Mar 2014
Once again, I can only take my hat off to the writers of this show. That has to be one of the most quietly disturbing "slice of life" episodes that I've ever seen - SOL is supposed to be relaxing and everything here is sunshine and daisies and friendship on the surface, and yet somehow it's all wrong and the whole vibe of the episode ends up being the exact opposite of "relaxing". I'm more anxious than ever about what's going to happen to these girls.
Nov 13, 2014 2:25 PM

Jan 2013
It's like an early retirement, no one was expecting that.
I wonder if something bad will happen.
Nov 13, 2014 2:28 PM

Mar 2014
Anime Flags 101: The Anime.
Yuuna VA's new is starting to show, while Yuuna's character is a pretty relaxed one that doesn't worry about much I think a change of tone would have improved the scene with Karin in the beach a lot, Karin is so damn adorable too, I was thinking she'd be sent back but actually really glad that wasn't the case.
I was also expecting them to lose things important to them, like how Itsuki lost her voice after wanting to be a singer but Yuuna losing her taste and Tougo losing her hearing are kinda random things.
Then again, we actually don't really much about these characters, which I think is something the series should have worked on at the beginning instead of now (I'm assuming that's what's going to happen in the next episodes, pretty much giving backstories to whoever is left and developing their relationships) to make the battles more intense.
And obviously the fighting isn't over and that's pretty obvious, it'd actually be more suprising if there was no more fighting.
Overall good episode, I do feel like the series is going really slow and really fast at the same time, we're halfway through and I feel like there's a lot left to do but at the same time it's like a lot has happened already, but maybe that's just me being silly, still, I think this series has it's priorities somewhat messed up, while there's still time to develop Yuuna and Tougo's characters in time for a big final battle, that really should have been done at the start, I'm afraid it might not even happen at all (proper development for them) and that would be a damn shame.
Paulo27Nov 13, 2014 2:33 PM
Nov 13, 2014 2:28 PM

Jul 2014
It seems i was right about the side affect from using the Mankai, lets see how they handle them and if they are temporary or permanent.

Ok episode.
Nov 13, 2014 2:41 PM

Apr 2010
This episode raised a few questions.
Mainly what are the after affects of Makai and are they really temporarily?
And did the fighting really end?
Something tells me i didn't yet and i expect something to happen in future episodes tho i have to say this isn't bad either.
Nov 13, 2014 3:29 PM

Apr 2012
"Heal" yeah right.
If I recall, Itsuki wants to be a singer, and now she's lost her voice. Coincidence? I don't think so....

Fuu has become Nick Fury!

Next ep seems to be the the calm before the storm.... a really strong storm.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Nov 13, 2014 3:42 PM
Nov 2014
Nice episode! Although it seems to me mostly establishing what's to come.
That street collapse on the news- that's gotta be the manifestation of the corruption from their last sealing. It's far worse than the last time, and when if we return to the fighting the next effect will probably be even more terrible.

Those injuries... are probably unfortunately permanent. The next episode has been set up to be a happy relaxing break, so I'm guessing that the mood will be spoiled within the last five minutes to tell them the truth. And, as we spent the time to give Itsuki and episode on her future hopes to use her voice, she's probably bound to be hit the hardest.

...The members of Hero Club really are child soldiers, suddenly drafted into combat, made to fight, then sent back into their normal lives with new injuries and no real recompense. And then when war begins anew...

It certainly gets me excited about this show's future.
Nov 13, 2014 3:57 PM
Aug 2014
Power comes at a price! Although the lost of sense for power should be permanent, it probably won't. Looks like we won't get anymore action, it will be more slice of life.
Nov 13, 2014 4:17 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
So, will they start suffering? Or the whole side-effects thing will be resolved in the next episode?

I still wonder for the direction.
Nov 13, 2014 4:18 PM

Apr 2012
derprume said:
Power comes at a price! Although the lost of sense for power should be permanent, it probably won't. Looks like we won't get anymore action, it will be more slice of life.

I don't think the Hero club is out of the woods yet... I think next ep is a break of sorts. Then the suffering/action starts again.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Nov 13, 2014 4:34 PM

Jul 2010
The mankai having a side effect. Unable to hear in one ear, unable to see in one eye, unable to taste anything and unable to speak.

Fuu really made a lot of faces this episode ^^

I liked how Yuuna managed to get Karin to come back to the club. The "suki" and how Karin reacted to it.
At least Karin doesn't seemed bothered by it as much as she seems happy enough to be able to stay.

Finding some place else where she can stay. We are both girls, that only means one thing! The slice of life was nice and seems to be it too. O.o Curious on when the "evil" would come again, maybe in a mind blowing way?
Nov 13, 2014 4:56 PM

May 2013
So does the hospital know of the Vertexes and Heroes?

It was quite concerning that all the girls who went through Mankai lost a physical ability. It was a pretty laid-back episode however, the tranquility definitely seems artificial... there's something off and I'm sure their problems won't be temporary, which makes me feel especially heartbroken for little sis since she lost her voice.

I keep suspecting that these girls will have to fight again. Still expecting it.
Nov 13, 2014 5:14 PM

Nov 2012
So much foreshadowing in this episode! 'We have plenty of time'? Seems rather ominous if you ask me.
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Nov 13, 2014 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
I hope Yuna and the others will be recover from their physical abilities after they went through Mankai.
Nov 13, 2014 5:40 PM

Aug 2013
Ahh, I really like the OP scene and song..

Damnit, I'm afraid that those side-effect are permanent..
Poor Itsuki, want to be a singer but lose her voice..
Nov 13, 2014 6:19 PM

Sep 2012
My heart broke a bit when I saw Itsuki lost her voice... she wanted to be a singer...
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Nov 13, 2014 10:13 PM

Jul 2013
Lol Fu being a chuuni.
Despite being a SoL episode, it has rather ominous.
Definitely feel like those after-effects are permanent.
Mimori keeping track of everyone's health - no changes so far.

Really hard to tell where this is going.
Karin the tsundere - so cute lol.
Nov 14, 2014 1:02 AM

Mar 2013
so more about there social life and the girls recovery this time,
wondering what going to happen next.
Nov 14, 2014 1:25 AM

Dec 2011
If she can't speak she can't sing...

It seems that at the very least these problems aren't short term, even if they do recover eventually.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 14, 2014 3:03 AM
Mar 2013
You can hear an ominous phrase at the last part of the opening song:
"Nothing is more fascinating than the truth,
Yet, nothing is more ruthless than the truth..."

I'm very nervous now. I'm not hopeful anymore that they will be recovered soon.
I do wish for them not to lose things more.
htsujiNov 14, 2014 5:12 PM
Nov 14, 2014 5:31 AM

May 2010
They lost one sense each, didn't expect. Must be extra-hard for Togo... Yuna was mature there.

There it came, Karin worrying about not being to reach mankai. Yuna to save the day.

Another amazing episode, very nice build-up. Can't wait for the next episode. I wonder if they are gonna lose their abilities for real...
Nov 14, 2014 9:55 AM

Jul 2013
If they are so insisting on that it's temporary then I'll assume that it's permanent.

Noooooo not that awesome app!!! :P

Now let's see what's going to happen next.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Nov 14, 2014 11:32 AM

Jun 2014
This is what I expected the show to be before they pulled the mahou shoujo ambush lol.
I prefer it this way, fingers crossed nothing bad happens :-s

...but such dark and ominous signs...if they don't recover from Mankai, this will probably become the saddest and most bittersweet episode ;_;
Nov 14, 2014 2:02 PM

Sep 2011
I wonder if Tougou actually partly lost her memory and ability to walk fighting the Vertexes and not in a car accident as she believes....
Nov 14, 2014 3:28 PM

Sep 2014
I'm still haunted by that Death card by the end of the 4th episode, and now these "side effects" of mankai, the bad vibes just keeping getting stronger, probaly in episode 8 things will get bad ~~

Rixardinho77Nov 14, 2014 4:18 PM
A life is a history with no end...it continues to be told by others endless.
We do not own lives, we own histories!
Nov 14, 2014 6:27 PM

Feb 2014
Aversa said:
This episode raised a few questions.
Mainly what are the after affects of Makai and are they really temporarily?
And did the fighting really end?
Something tells me i didn't yet and i expect something to happen in future episodes tho i have to say this isn't bad either.

Yeah I'm wondering the same things too. Like, there seems to be something wrong with the senses after using the Mankai and if they just go away then I don't see why Togo would look into it so much. Also, while I do like the idea of sticking to Slice of Life from now on (as that's what I had expected from this show to begin with :p), I kinda wish that there will be more fighting in the future. It would just feel out of place if they ended a major plot point halfway through the series...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2014 1:23 AM

Nov 2014
Motion_Menace said:
I wonder if Tougou actually partly lost her memory and ability to walk fighting the Vertexes and not in a car accident as she believes....

After reading your comment, I got a feeling that if this is true, it may explain why Tougou has 3 spirits instead of 1 at the start.

Maybe Tougou was fighting the Vertexes in the past and used Mankai twice before she lost her memories due to her second Mankai effect. Her loss of legs could be due to her first Mankai use...
From this episode, it was seen that their phones were taken away after the fight with the Vertexes presumed ended. When they are needed again, the app will be available to them and a new spirit may be created along with their existing ones. As such, just maybe Tougou is a veteran Vertex fighter but forget about it all...The Taisha may have made up the story of her being in a car accident since I feel that the Taisha is hiding quite a number of things...

Well, that is all just a theory I thought of but that can only be true if the Mankai effect is permanent...(I really hope it is temporary instead but I doubt it is from the amount of foreshadowing in this episode...)
To add on, if the Mankai effect is really permanent, I don't think Itsuki can take it well, considering her dream...

Also, it is a little surprising to me that the girls are still cheerful despite the aftereffect of Mankai, especially Itsuki...Even if you are told it is temporary, losing part of senses to see, hear, taste or talk should still be a big blow to anyone...I guess it's great that they take it so well...Part of a soldier's mentality or is it because they trust the Taisha too much?

Can't wait for the next episode!

EDIT: (After reading some comments in episode 4 review) Maybe this is the sign given by the death card that Itsuki had when she did the tarot card reading on herself; she's bound to fail in her singing career?
DarkWillNov 15, 2014 11:57 PM
Nov 15, 2014 1:57 AM

Aug 2008
CyanAeolin said:
So after watching this episode, one question remians.

Yuuna x Togo or Yuuna x Karin?

I'm okay with this week's slice of life episode, and probably next week too. Doubt the battles end here though.

I feel the same. It' only half way through, and beyond the slice of life/drama, I also have a feeling that the creator likes to incorporate battles into his works.
Nov 15, 2014 4:42 AM

Jan 2013
I'm pleased as no one mentioned Katawa Shoujo.

Anyway, I'm so glad that it's still 6th episode and there's a lot (of despair) to come.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Nov 17, 2014 2:03 AM

Feb 2012
DawnJ said:
I'm pleased as no one mentioned Katawa Shoujo.

Anyway, I'm so glad that it's still 6th episode and there's a lot (of despair) to come.

I came here just to post that they should rename this anime to Katawa Mahou Shoujo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2014 4:25 PM

Jul 2012
So! After using the Mankai, 4 of the girls had problems with a sense, such as Fuu losing sight to an eye, Istuki losing her voice, Mimori not being able to hear well on her left ear, and Yuuna not being able to taste anything.
Ouch.....well, they did use a whole bunch of power when fighting the vertexes, so I guess it's what they get? o-o

Oh man, but this was a calm episode.... "Whew", I was expecting something bad, but all that was bad was the senses lost.
Anyways.......people are keep saying that something bad is gonna happen in the future episodes.......
But I hope nothing happens! D:
Nov 17, 2014 10:25 PM

Nov 2012
It's likely the side effects are going to be detrimental to their health as the story goes on. And, more battles are going to be the case.
Nov 19, 2014 3:04 AM
Oct 2014
I cannot buy that the Vertexes are a one off situation. Also, I doubt that the stakes are the entire world, if Vertexes are not a one off situation, and there are both hero teams, and heroes outside the town with combat experience. Rather, I think the stakes are an entire town.

In-fact, I theorize that Yuuki Yuuna is set in a Multi-verse, if the stakes are the entire world. Each world have their Heroes to fight twelve Vertexes (why twelve?). We know that three Vertexes can combine to form one. This gives us 4 Mega-Vertexes in each wave.

What if.... Yuuki Yuuna pulls of a Madoka Magica, and reveal that all Heroes are merely Mega-Vertexes waiting to hatch? And that each time Mankai is used, a price is put not just on body, but on soul and humanity?

Karin and Fu may well be the Kyoko and Mami equivalent. They know full well that a Hero can fall in battle, and that Vertexes are not one off events. But they don't realize the full horror of the Hero system - that it's a Vertex hatching ground.

Also, Shinjuu Sama. I have a suspicion he's not as benevolent as it seems.

If this is the case, the Fifth Episode may well be the high water mark of traditional Magical Girl played straight (power of friendship, new forms, aloof magical girl joins group) and the next Seven would start to subvert tradition in a path similar to Madoka Magica. Episode 6 is the transition, a peaceful Slice of Life with hints that everything is going to go to hell again soon.

Also, I find the theory that Togo was a Hero in the past quite compelling - consider how much more calmly and professionally she conducts herself on the battlefield, in the first battle, even though she was melting down before hand. I think Togo's meltdown was a unconscious reaction to the horrors of the Hero system that Togo forgot.

Although, I had another crack theory: the world Yuna lives in is a matrix-like simulation, with Shinjuu sama as the central processor core, and A.I. Taisha is Shinjuu-Sama communication avatar, and the Vertexes are computer virus attacks. The inhabitants of the world don't know they are brains in a vat, in a post-human post-apocalypse world.

Karin originated from another server, while Fu's data is a fusion of native Fu, and imported data from another instance of Fu in another server.

novalysisNov 19, 2014 3:10 AM
Nov 19, 2014 9:18 PM

Mar 2013
I'll take a shot in the dark and say that Togo could have been an experiment for the Hero System in the past, and the test for the Mankai took away the use of her legs. After that, the Shinjuu was the one that removed her memories of the events.

Also, I will say that the really creepy masked people from the earlier flashback is a definite flag too.
Nov 19, 2014 9:19 PM
Sep 2011
CyanAeolin said:
So after watching this episode, one question remians.

Yuuna x Togo or Yuuna x Karin?

I'm okay with this week's slice of life episode, and probably next week too. Doubt the battles end here though.

I can see why Karin would crush on Yuuna, who works so hard to bring her into the group, but I can't see Yuuna reciprocating. Yuuna and Togo, on the other hand, plainly have a strong relationship. I have to go with that one.

Because you obviously wanted a serious answer. :P

WingKing said:
Once again, I can only take my hat off to the writers of this show. That has to be one of the most quietly disturbing "slice of life" episodes that I've ever seen - SOL is supposed to be relaxing and everything here is sunshine and daisies and friendship on the surface, and yet somehow it's all wrong and the whole vibe of the episode ends up being the exact opposite of "relaxing". I'm more anxious than ever about what's going to happen to these girls.

I have to agree! It wasn't subtle at all, but I don't think it was supposed to be. I've never before seen such a lighthearted (at face value) episode that felt so foreboding.
NalehwNov 21, 2014 1:09 AM
Nov 19, 2014 10:19 PM

Jun 2009
This is a pretty sad ep, the show made no effort to even make it seem like any of their issues were actually going to go away. The whole cast is pretty doomed at this point, made the whole SoL thing just come of as really depressing to me. Also still waiting on all those Itsuki death flags to trigger.

I just keep reminding myself magical girls never really die...
Nov 23, 2014 10:02 AM

Sep 2014
SoL atmosphere was more likeable.

I'm kinda hoping they stay disabled, and they are shown to overcome their adversities or ignore them. Maybe then this show will be worth something.

3/5
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Nov 28, 2014 4:31 AM

Nov 2011
Without sweeten anything, the narrative shows us that being "heroes" does not mean they are invincible and enjoy success, indeed there are more disadvantages than advantages.
Wonderful atmosphere SOL, drawings and animations that good.
Will the atmosphere was sad, but it seems that the effects of the battle will not be a passing thing.
Dec 26, 2014 7:16 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yeah, it looks like it's gonna be dark very soon (i heard, it will get amazing later, so i assume it will go this way). I feel bad for Togo, not able to walk and now deaf in one ear. Maybe the health problems will get worse for them?
Jan 3, 2015 6:12 PM

Feb 2013
Not quite death flags, but severe injury flags being raised. Yuuna said it all, only feeling half alive being unable to taste anything.

I thought it was a good calm-after-before-the-storm episode. Leaves me a bit worried what will happen next.
Jan 12, 2015 3:20 PM

May 2012
Some quite decent development, I wonder what's next!
Mar 11, 2015 11:56 AM
Aug 2011
That is just too horrible, middle school girls who battle to save the world and then lose their sense , that's too unfair , i'm feeling sorry for them :C overall it's a good episode , i'll keep watching until the end to know how it's going to be...
Mar 16, 2015 4:49 PM

Oct 2012
Temporary my ass, there is no way those lost senses are coincidence. Use hero powers again and you'll lose the other half. That's when the despair comes.

But now I have my worries about pacing of this show, it's like creators doesn't know where to push it.
Jun 26, 2015 4:06 PM

Feb 2013
But she wanted to be a singer. . . :'(
Oct 24, 2015 10:03 AM

Jan 2011
after fight they got health problems seems interesting
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

188 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 23, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

142 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

98 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

58 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 7, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

112 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 26, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.