Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 27, 2014 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode felt pretty fast. I guess it's because the girls are back in their magical girl outfits to fight. Not all of them are at 100% though but the teamwork is nice.

The pain is real though, both physically and mentally.
Stark700Nov 27, 2014 10:24 AM
Nov 27, 2014 11:53 AM

Jan 2012
So I guess the voice I thought mighta been Itsuki's in last week's preview was the new girl. Her fate was certainly tragic, and now we know whatever gets lost from the Mankai transformation stays lost. I'm wondering if they were trying to say Togo was one of that girl's friends and lost her memory, and maybe even legs, from already being a hero before? It definitely seemed like a possibility. With Grief in next week's title things aren't likely to become much cheerier anytime soon.
Nov 27, 2014 11:59 AM

Jul 2013
Finished that vertex up quickly.. though the girls were hesitating/arguing as well.
Hm.. perhaps Togo forgot her..
Oh boy...

Things don't seem like they're going to get any better next episode.
Nov 27, 2014 12:10 PM

Sep 2008
animefan8800 said:
I'm wondering if they were trying to say Togo was one of that girl's friends and lost her memory, and maybe even legs, from already being a hero before? It definitely seemed like a possibility.

I also wonder about it...
Nov 27, 2014 12:15 PM
Jul 2009

Mod edit.
Spoiler button added.
AversaNov 27, 2014 12:19 PM
Nov 27, 2014 12:18 PM

Apr 2010
So the price of power is high.

This was a pretty tense revelation and the question is what will the girls do now and what will happen if they are attacked again.
Seeing as all of them are scared to lose even more then they already have.
And this conversation didn't help much.

LittleStar said:
animefan8800 said:
I'm wondering if they were trying to say Togo was one of that girl's friends and lost her memory, and maybe even legs, from already being a hero before? It definitely seemed like a possibility.

I also wonder about it...
I feel the same way there seem to be a bond between them tho it was vague.
What seemed clear was that the girl recognised Togo vaguely and she pointed out the ribbon Togo was wearing.
Nov 27, 2014 12:24 PM
Aug 2014
I wonder where the third friend went, maybe she became a fallen hero after finding out the truth. If I knew the truth I would be like "FU and U and all of U" and let all of the Vertex cross the barrier.
Nov 27, 2014 12:29 PM
Jul 2009
derprume said:
I wonder where the third friend went,

Open only if you really want to know

Nov 27, 2014 12:33 PM

Mar 2013
So the fight isnt over,
kinda rushed episode but also interesting plot develop.
Nov 27, 2014 12:46 PM

Jul 2010
That was a beautiful episode, that soundtrack ;_;

Having to fight the vertex again, Yuuna dealing the final blow at having a petal fall off :/

Sonoko being a friend of Tougou and how Tougou lost her ability to walk and her memories from that.

Going a little bit more about the meaning of the after effects of using Mankai. It being permanent and it just keeps on building. Sonoko being in that state after her time of being a hero. Sad to know that they are like offerings for the use of its power.

Calling Tougou by her first name and the ribbon :/ Wasshi probably being the third friend that they were with.

Shinju-sama being cruel enough to pick Tougou to fight due to the limited amount of candidates :/

The talk about never dying and Sonoko becoming like a god-like entity, meaning that they would have to live in that condition possibly forever? Liked how Sonoko wanted to be told of the consequences and shared it to them...
Nov 27, 2014 1:24 PM
Feb 2008
Terrible episode.
Everything that was foreshadowed got explained by some plot device.
Characters act completely out of their character.
And it tool 3/4 of the show to get to the main point, thus changing the whole feel of the show.
I was hoping they handle this part much better. The show went from 7/10 to 4/10.
Nov 27, 2014 1:52 PM

Jan 2009
1. So the girls are being sacrificed to protect shinju…yes… bring on the drama

2. The ost used when mimori wiped sonoko's tears… I freakin cried man. freakin cried

9/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Nov 27, 2014 2:30 PM

Mar 2013
Shaniyaz said:

Yuuna's Yuusha Kick K.O was pretty awesome. But I fear that'll cost her something once again.

Eh, during that, I was slightly confused about why they were so worried; It took a lot more than one random vertex for them to use Mankai before.

Anyway, it looks like my theories regarding some things from last episode are mostly either proven correct with this, or now have a lot more support to them. (such as Karin not getting a new Faery)
Nov 27, 2014 3:34 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah, so know we know what exactly are the rules to this game... just as expected, that power isn't free, it comes with a price, a terrible one at that.
"Can't die" in a condition like that? Yeah right. Poor girl.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Nov 27, 2014 3:38 PM

Jan 2014
D: they are sacrifices to the Shinju-sama but cannot die outside battle and further more gains ultimate power... what a horrible life it must be afterwards, lying in a bed like Sonoko ;-;
Nov 27, 2014 3:55 PM

May 2011
I cried... I knew it cant be just normal happy mahou shoujo anime... So, the suffering begins?
Nov 27, 2014 5:12 PM

Sep 2011
Guess that explains why Togo had 3 faeries from the start, after losing both her legs(2) and her memories
LastExile_613.png
Nov 27, 2014 5:21 PM
Jul 2018
It was really sad to hear what the girls have to pay with in return for using Shinju-sama's power.
Nov 27, 2014 5:25 PM

Jan 2010
I feel like I'm discovering Madoka again, by that I mean how I felt watching it. Shit I cried guys, for real.
10/10 episode.
Ryuku-TsukuyomiNov 27, 2014 5:55 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2014 7:00 PM

Sep 2013
I'm starting to suspect this isn't a show for little kids... ;(
It's deceptively cute! Like those pretty plants that are poisonous...
The little runner was the second "Gemini" eh? That's creepy.
There's a 13th "Zodiac" sign, too: Ophiuchus! And 100+ other constellations in the sky...
Nov 27, 2014 7:04 PM

Sep 2011
5Cats said:

It's dark, but not that dark.
It's still mostly a light-hearted show
LastExile_613.png
Nov 27, 2014 7:38 PM

Jan 2011
;_; shit this episode almost made me cry

So Tougou most likely lost some of her memories in the past and her legs from fighting?
Nov 27, 2014 7:59 PM

May 2013
So the girls will fight to use the mankai first so the others don't have too.

Seems to me like kyuubei formed the Taisha to get little girls into contracts for him >_<
Nov 27, 2014 9:38 PM

May 2013
Well I don't know why I didn't expect that, but it happened. Yep, sucks.

From the way Togo acted, it almost seemed as if she was a friend of that girl in the bed. It was really confusing.

Also I've been seeing comments where that particular girl was actually from another series called "Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru". It seems that there are other stories connected to the "Yuusha de Aru" world as a whole, which is pretty interesting. Anyone else know more about this?
Nov 27, 2014 11:44 PM

Dec 2013
DarkWolfHunter said:
Also I've been seeing comments where that particular girl was actually from another series called "Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru". It seems that there are other stories connected to the "Yuusha de Aru" world as a whole, which is pretty interesting. Anyone else know more about this?

Novel about Washio Sumi with her 2 friends Gin and Sonoko

They fight Vertexes Just like in the anime

yalvynNov 27, 2014 11:50 PM
Nov 27, 2014 11:58 PM
Oct 2013
I find this show quite amazing to watch, it deserves a little bit higher than current MAL score IMO.
Nov 28, 2014 12:11 AM

Nov 2014
1idd0kun said:

Mod edit.
Spoiler button added.

Oh my god, now that I go see the light novel, Washio really look like Togo! And I didn't know the light novel was the prequel. In addition, the ribbon on Sumi...I should have seen the link!-Too bad that I can't understand japanese...(Maybe what happened to the three friends was explained in the LN?) Hoping Togo would rmb her one day... [/spoiler]
In that case, I don't know how will Itsuki take it... Hoping Karin don't activate her Mankai at any cost! And I knew the Shinju sama was nothing good yet at the same time, the rule of 'paying a price for greater power' is legit...
DarkWillNov 28, 2014 12:49 AM
Nov 28, 2014 1:27 AM

Jan 2013
Oh, wasn't expecting that one.
That was sad, what will the girls do now?
Nov 28, 2014 1:57 AM

May 2012
Basically, god's an asshole.

I've a feeling Yuuna's gonna be the one to use Mankai before all the others first. She did find an excuse to do so this episode, and it does seem like she fears using it less than the other girls. It also seems like she's sorta the mother and level headed than the others, like when she sucked it up and comforted Togo at the end. Poor girl.

Still loving the soundtrack x_x

Nov 28, 2014 2:09 AM

Aug 2008
I'm getting the Madoka vibes for this. Nice.

So Tougou can't walk cuz she was a hero before already. She also has recently lost her hearing on top of that.
Isn't she the most vulnerable at the moment for becoming like that crippled girl? But of course, the biggest death flags are from Yuuna. Poor Yuuna. It's always the nice and happy-to-go-lucky ones huh.
Nov 28, 2014 3:36 AM

Jan 2013
Maybe Yuuna will be the only "functional" survivor in the end and the rest of the crew gets killed/severely crippled.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Nov 28, 2014 3:41 AM

Mar 2012
That twist caught me off guard.

Shinju-Sama is really the worst Japanese God.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Nov 28, 2014 4:37 AM

May 2010
The feels are real. Damn it.

Meanwhile *Looks at MAL score for the umpteenth time. Feels like blowing MAL page of Yuuki Yuuna with a 1000 bombs.*
Nov 28, 2014 5:02 AM

Jan 2013
TragicRomance said:

Meanwhile *Looks at MAL score for the umpteenth time. Feels like blowing MAL page of Yuuki Yuuna with a 1000 bombs.*

dem madoka fanboys eh?
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Nov 28, 2014 5:34 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
all that needs to be said about this episode....

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/4247-dat-ass.jpg
Nov 28, 2014 7:37 AM

Mar 2014
DawnJ said:
TragicRomance said:

dem madoka fanboys eh?

I agree that it's badly underrated, but I think there were a lot of people who got fooled by the "slice of life" tag MAL slapped on this show back when nobody knew what it was going to be about and were just guessing from the light/airy preview trailers - none of the pre-release previews hinted at a serious magical girl show, and there are a lot of "wait, what did I just watch?" posts in the episode 1 thread. Japan got a prequel light novel and a prequel manga before the show came out, so anyone who read those probably would've known what to expect, but that doesn't help the non-Japanese speaking world.

As for my own thoughts, this was a pretty sad episode. The song that kept flashing through my head was Metallica's "Disposable Heroes," although in her state this girl is closer to the soldier in "One." Since the end of episode 5 I'd been thinking about the way that our hero club girls are essentially being treated like child soldiers, used by the Shinju and sacrificing their bodies for its own self-protection, without being paid for it and seemingly without being told the full truth about what they're fighting for either. The way Yuna kept trying to cheer up everyone else in episodes 6 and 7 by repeating that it was their choice to fight only reinforced that feeling. If you don't know the full extent of the bargain you're signing up for, and made your "choice" based on half-truths and propaganda designed to encourage the decision you made, then it's not a choice, it's coercion - adults would understand that, kids not necessarily. And while a lot of us guessed correctly about the Mankai effects, to see that shell of a person lying there on the hospital bed, completely burned out and helpless except for her one remaining eye, all the rest of her vitality fed to the appetite of the state (in the form of Shinju) really drives the "child soldier" message home hard, in a way that no words in a forum discussion ever could.
Nov 28, 2014 1:47 PM

Aug 2010
That was pretty amazingly done at the end :O

I felt the emotions really well. Epic depiction. Dat despair!! Can they really keep on fighting after knowing this piece of info? And will there really be no way at all to regain their senses?? Itsuki can't be a singer?? And Yuna will never taste food again? :(
Nov 28, 2014 4:36 PM
Sep 2011
Not keen on the "better dead than disabled" message of this ep.

Still enjoying the show, but hoping they do something interesting with the last few episodes. Four episodes of "oh no we're child soldiers how terrible" wouldn't fit the show's tone, and would be too predictable.
Nov 28, 2014 8:08 PM

Feb 2014
So it was cool to see some more magic action but...trading bodily functions for power? That's pretty creepy o_o

And I guess Togo was this new girl's friend, and she must have lost her leg function in that "accident". I wonder why this new girl is much more badly hurt than Togo, though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2014 12:13 AM

Mar 2014
1idd0kun said:

Mod edit.
Spoiler button added.

1idd0kun said:
derprume said:
I wonder where the third friend went,

Open only if you really want to know

yalvyn said:
DarkWolfHunter said:

Novel about Washio Sumi with her 2 friends Gin and Sonoko

They fight Vertexes Just like in the anime

Thanks guys. I thought no one reads Washio Sumi. Was really curious cuz Washio was Elementary 6 when they became Hero. Yuuki Yuuna is 2 years after so they should be the same age. And I've only checked Washio website, thinking why Tougo resemble Washio and Karin's suit similar to Minowa's.

Not sure if I missed it somewhere in the anime but is Tougo adopted?
ave_anriNov 29, 2014 2:00 AM
Nov 29, 2014 1:37 AM

Jul 2013
Is there anywhere that you can find the novel for Washio Sumi?
Nov 29, 2014 12:12 PM

May 2009
5Cats said:
It's deceptively cute! Like those pretty plants that are poisonous...
The little runner was the second "Gemini" eh? That's creepy.
There's a 13th "Zodiac" sign, too: Ophiuchus! And 100+ other constellations in the sky...

There are 88 constellations in the sky, including the Zodiac. Pray there aren't as many Vertexes around, as that would means the girl are screwed.

Also, am I the only one who had Metallica's One in mind upon learning of Sonoko's condition? She's pretty much a prisoner inside her own body, which probably makes her life hell. And to think this could happen to our current quintet as well is simply disheartening.

I still hope there is a way to restore whatever the girls lost, though I fear it will mean one of them has to be sacrificed/killed for it to work.
Nov 29, 2014 12:39 PM

Feb 2012
Well everything explained in this episode was predictable. Looks like they get additional fairies for sacrificing themselves. I'm hoping for a bitter end
Nov 29, 2014 1:12 PM

Feb 2014
kickmesign said:
Well everything explained in this episode was predictable. Looks like they get additional fairies for sacrificing themselves. I'm hoping for a bitter end

[totallyseriousmode] Yeah, I totally predicted that Tougou had previously participated in the battlez... it was like super duper obvious because she can't walk and stuffz. Totes predictable. [/totallyseriousmode]

Enough of that ^ It sounds really messed up that they have a price for their power. It's not like it's a power they wished for that's useful in every day life. They put their life at stake while protecting the God-thingie, so why do the God-thingie find the need to take payment? Feels like some rich dude who requires his bodyguards to pay him because they get to be near him.

I guess someone commented on this, but I don't feel like skimming through all the comments. Anyone know why the girls were so worried? They were facing a single enemy and a weak one at that. They didn't need Mankai before fighting against the vortexes all out attack, and even then they didn't need everyone's Mankai. So why were they so nervous about a single runner? Also, they had to "manually" activate Mankai, didn't they? This episode made me feel like they expected it to activate itself once they've attacked some.
xytechNov 29, 2014 1:20 PM
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Nov 29, 2014 7:19 PM
Mar 2013
animefan8800 said:
I'm wondering if they were trying to say Togo was one of that girl's friends and lost her memory, and maybe even legs, from already being a hero before?

Togo found it finally... that the girl must have been her precious friend, who gave her the ribbon before.
htsujiNov 29, 2014 7:29 PM
Nov 29, 2014 9:20 PM

Jun 2010
xytech said:

I guess someone commented on this, but I don't feel like skimming through all the comments. Anyone know why the girls were so worried? They were facing a single enemy and a weak one at that. They didn't need Mankai before fighting against the vortexes all out attack, and even then they didn't need everyone's Mankai. So why were they so nervous about a single runner? Also, they had to "manually" activate Mankai, didn't they? This episode made me feel like they expected it to activate itself once they've attacked some.

I though the girls were afraid because killing a vertex would mean it will fill up their mankai gauge or something?
I think that is why they were so anxious about who would deliver the final blow when that vertex's soul came out.
Nov 29, 2014 10:07 PM

Mar 2013
rheinshiba said:
xytech said:

I though the girls were afraid because killing a vertex would mean it will fill up their mankai gauge or something?
I think that is why they were so anxious about who would deliver the final blow when that vertex's soul came out.

*was the one who commented about this before*

Sure, there's the gauge, but they still had to activate it manually before, during the All-Out Attack.
I think the girls were just irrationally afraid here because of their health problems.
Nov 30, 2014 4:11 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
I liked that revelation, it sorta reminded me of Claymore also. However still, the episode felt a little rushed.

I wonder if there is a way to prevent all of that or unless Karin will be safe until the end. I hope the next episode will have some Togo revelation.
Nov 30, 2014 5:09 PM

Nov 2012
It's official, this is one of my favourite series this season!
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Nov 30, 2014 7:15 PM

Mar 2014
Let the suffering begin...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

142 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

187 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

58 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 7, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2014

67 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 4, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

112 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 26, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.