Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 24, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Idk exactly how strong Chiyori is but she was surprisingly amusing to watch in the latest battle. I see Tama is fighting her but she doesn't seem too happy about it.

Ruuko and her despair ;_;

I think Chiyori is having a bit way too much fun this episode as well. Those poses...
Oct 24, 2014 9:34 AM
May 2013
Plot development and lots of explaining although a lot of still left unexplained. Iono's character is also being developed which was unexpected. Loving what they they doing with all the characters though. Speaking of which, a new character was also introduced.

Tama is also back. :)
and next week is batoru with new char and Ruu!

Tanoshimine :D
Oct 24, 2014 10:46 AM

Apr 2010
Questions are being answered but it looks like there is a price to pay and i wonder what it was be.
Seems to me that Mayu, Ulith and Iona all have an agenda of their own despite the fact that they are working together, or where working together.
The question is will they end up fighting each other or not.

Seems Ulith and Mayu want to see Ruuko and Iona fight Tama the question is will that actually happen.
And i also wonder what will happen to the victor in that case.
Oct 24, 2014 11:07 AM

Apr 2013
Chiyori still bothers me just how excited she is to become a LRIG. Something's not right with her.
Oct 24, 2014 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
Chiyori is excited about to become LRIG.

A new character is introduced, her name is Futase Fumio.
Oct 24, 2014 11:16 AM

Sep 2014
The novel writer freaks me out a little
Oct 24, 2014 12:11 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
dat Fumio emo hair
Oct 24, 2014 1:04 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Even as Ulith's LRIG, Tama is just as badass as ever, though she isn't battling at her best form..
Inevitably, Chiyori lost but she isn't worried the slightest. Her carefree and oblivious manner is somewhat annoying.

So, the full concept of Selector and LRIG is based on a novel? Or, is the novel being based on it instead?
Either ways, Fumio is definitely a Selector and most likely had been a LRIG before. She might even have a direct connection with Mayu.

Iona is being ignored most of the time as always. I bet she regrets being Ruko's LRIG now.
What did she mean by Hitoe and Yuzuki being unpleasant? Was it their smile that she didn't like or their current mindset in overall?

What does Ulith want from Akira again this time? As much of a b!tch she is, I pity Akira for being used as a pawn. Aki-lucky was genuinely epic. *Sigh..

Decent episode. Battle against Fumio next. I hope Ruko can use Iona as effectively as she can.

Oct 24, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2014
Ulith and her innuendo
Iona learns a new word
Chiyori's won 3, lost 2
Grandma remains undefeated
New character introduced

Still. The most underwhelming episode in the series history so far. Hope the show gets its ass into gear within the next 2 eps.
Oct 24, 2014 1:08 PM

Aug 2007
Chiyori is literally saving the show right now. Everyone is being so mopey and doing nothing it's annoying.

I wish the battles were forced so we wouldn't have to put up with non-cooperative characters.
Oct 24, 2014 1:09 PM

Mar 2014
look like chiyori is really not afraid to become a LRIG , she already lost 2 times
the new chara look interesting
HaXXspetten said:
dat Fumio emo hair
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2014 1:10 PM
May 2014
Ru simply can't avoid battling no matter what she do.
If she wants to get out of the status quo, or even if she wants some kind of explanation, she still has to battle.

Next episodes title sounds rather promising, especially considering what was said in the preview.
If seen in context with the scene halfway through the OP, it might be even more.
Who knows if the author cooperate with Mayu, willingly or not.

@Shaniyaz, "Iona is being ignored most of the time as always. I bet she regrets being Ruko's
LRIG now."
Most likely not, she probably knows that Ru can't avoid battling no matter how much Ru don't want to.
konatachan80Oct 24, 2014 1:16 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 24, 2014 1:42 PM

Oct 2014
way too much talking not nearly enough battoru

forced drama please stop.
Oct 24, 2014 2:18 PM

Feb 2014
Looks like Tama has no battoru spirit, that's no fun.
Oct 24, 2014 2:37 PM

Aug 2012
This was probably the slowest episode of the series despite the first half with Tama, since most of the second half was theorizing and looking into Fumio. I did like how Iona put things into perspective with Mayu. We all knew to an extent that Mayu held the control here, but it seems like that'll be the general explanation for the weird inconsistencies we've seen. Definitely looks like we'll learn a lot next episode. Guessing Fumio is an Eternal Girl since she seemingly knows all about Mayu, to the point of obsessing.

Not sure where Iona's development is going. She seems to want to get rid of Hitoe/Yuzuki, but that would seem to fit into Ulith/Akira's plans as well. I'm not sure if her and Ulith are exactly cooperative at this point with that look they shared, and I just feel like Iona is going to get developed and end up helping the trio even if it means not having an epic battle.
breadloaf said:
way too much talking not nearly enough battoru

forced drama please stop.
If the show featured primarily battles, it would be crap. I don't know how you haven't figured out the battles are secondary to the character interactions and ensuing drama in the show. And give me a break with the 'forced drama' bit. I could maybe see that argument holding water in the first three eps of season one, but at this point the show has done enough to build its story and set up very logical drama given its circumstances.
AlexTheRiotOct 24, 2014 2:44 PM
Oct 24, 2014 2:42 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That very beginning part before the OP felt like a mess ._.

So that LN was really written by someone who knows about the whole thing, it seems. Well hopefully this Fumio person knows everything so we can get some answers about Selectors, LRIGs, and Mayu. Weird person though, just continuously typing the same words over and over.

Lil-Bird said:
Chiyori still bothers me just how excited she is to become a LRIG. Something's not right with her.
I said the same thing before too.
Oct 24, 2014 2:48 PM

Jul 2010
Mayu enjoying the sadness of others and Tama :O
Chiyori did put up a fight, she loving cliches ^^

Reading the novel from Chiyori, she was really enjoying herself with all that energy!
Emailing and visiting the house of the author!
Tama not having fun when she is not with Ru :(
Oct 24, 2014 2:58 PM
May 2014
tingy said:

It isn't the first time they've messed around with either that or the OP itself.
One or two episodes in S1 had a modified OP where certain instruments were alot more
pronounced (or different) than they used to be.
I forgot what other series had the same, also by jcstaff.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 24, 2014 3:12 PM

Oct 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
If the show featured primarily battles, it would be crap. I don't know how you haven't figured out the battles are secondary to the character interactions and ensuing drama in the show. And give me a break with the 'forced drama' bit. I could maybe see that argument holding water in the first three eps of season one, but at this point the show has done enough to build its story and set up very logical drama given its circumstances.

I know the battles are secondary to the plot but they're avoiding them like they're the goddamn plague. There were a lot of good battles in the first season, and I want to see Iona (best LRIG) in action.
And the drama really does feel forced, all Ruuko has been doing this whole season is crying over how Tama is gone and how bad her circumstances are.
That being said I do love this show and hopefully it starts going in a better direction.
Oct 24, 2014 3:21 PM
Mar 2013
breadloaf said:
AlexTheRiot said:

I know the battles are secondary to the plot but they're avoiding them like they're the goddamn plague. There were a lot of good battles in the first season, and I want to see Iona (best LRIG) in action.
And the drama really does feel forced, all Ruuko has been doing this whole season is crying over how Tama is gone and how bad her circumstances are.
That being said I do love this show and hopefully it starts going in a better direction.

How is that forced drama!? Tama just vanished and all of a sudden Iona is her card. Ruko grew close to Tama, so of course she's really suffering. Iona has done nothing to make Ruko trust her, which just adds to the stress. I do not see how that is forced, it can take days upon days to start feeling better especialy over something like this. Ruko is being pretty realistic in how she's acting and feeling.

RoychopOct 26, 2014 1:58 PM
Oct 24, 2014 3:54 PM

Oct 2013
Overall it was decent, but there definitely should be more action. Fumio is actually a boy name in Japanese, and the author looked like a boy with the tie and uniform. The author could be a girl, but he looks like a boy to me. If so, then this is our first male Selector!
Oct 24, 2014 5:09 PM

Mar 2014
suikaMUSIC said:
Overall it was decent, but there definitely should be more action. Fumio is actually a boy name in Japanese, and the author looked like a boy with the tie and uniform. The author could be a girl, but he looks like a boy to me. If so, then this is our first male Selector!

I thought Fumio looked more like a girl actually. o_O
I mean the character looks feminine to me but a male selector would be pretty interesting.
Zanos1Oct 24, 2014 5:14 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 24, 2014 6:20 PM

Jan 2013
Wow Wixoss blasting that dubstep in the beginning
Oct 24, 2014 7:04 PM

Sep 2014
I was wondering when and how they were going to introduce that new character on a computer in the OP with only 9 episodes left. I suppose this was a pretty clever way to introduce that character, Futase Fumio.

Oh, how Ulith (with Iona's human body) calling Iona scum is the best thing happening in this anime. So moe. ^w^

Oh, how Chiyori being meta by calling Ruko and Tama's interaction cliche is the 2nd best thing happening in this anime. I can now fully forgive her for being sometimes annoying (I do like her wanting to be a LRIG and being IDGAF when she's getting stomped in battle (what a nice tsukkomi relationship Chiyori and Eldora have)). I now nominate her for second best girl in this anime, after Urazoe "Ulith" Iona of course.

tingy said:
What a weird way to say "That part was an awsome montage of (about) .5 second frames being played alongside dubstep."
It's one of the better intros to put before an OP.

That music that played when Fumio introduced herself tho. -w-
Darstorm-SandudeOct 24, 2014 7:23 PM
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Oct 24, 2014 7:19 PM

Feb 2014
Great episode. Lots of new things introduced.

About Chiyori: so she has 2 losses, and only 3 wins. I wouldn't be surprised if she lost her third battle (but I still like her LRGI design!).

So the girl with the computer is Futase Fumio...makes sense. I was wondering who she was in the OP but I guess now we know!

Also, it looks like we have a pretty intense battle in store for next episode!

breadloaf said:

Keep in mind that Ruuko and Tama had become really close friends and battling became fun for both of them because they were able to together. Thus, ever since they have been separated from each other they've been blaming themselves for their separateness. I think Ruuko's emotional outbreak was a combination of the fact that she was so happy to see that Tama was safe (because she just disappeared out of no where), but also with the fact that it's going to be really hard to become united together (Ruuko might have to become an LRIG, Tama's super powerful, etc.). But still, I agree that Ruuko has been really emotional in this series (which I attribute to her separation of Tama), and I can see how you'd perceive the drama as a somewhat forced.
Noodle070Oct 24, 2014 7:39 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2014 7:48 PM

Jan 2013
so much Chiyori, i love it. she brings so much life into this otherwise quite gloomy series. breathe of fresh air i say.
love how she suddenly became a somewhat important character now
Oct 24, 2014 8:34 PM

May 2013
Although we may have some answers in the next episode, some plot holes may be not answered as well. Like, how dis Hitoe remembered Yuzuki and Ruko.

Tama is not enjoying her battoru with Ulith :( Oh well, it seems like Chiyori is underestimating the consequences of winning/losing battles. But Eldora is still there with her.

And I'm still thinking that Iona is jealous to Ruko. Not to mention the subtle scene where Yuzuki and Hitoe are cheering Ruko that Tama will be back to her, completely ignoring the fact that she is the current LRIG of Ruko.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 24, 2014 8:48 PM

Aug 2013
I like Chorizo's cheerful personality. I think it really balances out all the screwed up things that happens in the show.

I felt so bad for Iona when Hitoe (or was it Yuzuki) told Ruu that Tama's best when paired with her and how they happily planned to get her back. That was harsh. It was like oi Iona can hear you. They really don't give a damn about her.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 24, 2014 9:28 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Poor Tama, she's living a terrible nightmare. Her battle was very one sided and she was not enjoying it. Tama could have refused to attack if she wanted to, but I'm not sure if the LRIG's are obligated to attack. As for Iona, hopefully she gets to battle soon.

That guy at end when Hitoe and Ru entered the room looked a lot like Iona

Yuzuki has received a lot of screen time this season.

Oct 24, 2014 10:35 PM

Nov 2012
lol akira is so fucked up. makes it so easy for ulith to manipulate her..

chiyori and eldora are so cute and cheerful~ i like it. but they're so weak! or probably ulith and tama were just too strong.
Oct 25, 2014 12:07 AM
Nov 2013
Tama not being Ru's LRIG makes me very sad. Iona seems extremely jealous of her too. Am I the only who found Akira crying over Ulith coming Her house... Gross? God, I hate Akira. Light novel author seems to know something. Very curious.
Oct 25, 2014 1:02 AM

Dec 2010
The first half could have been shortened. I mean most of the battles could literally be skipped because the drama and the characters are carrying this show right now, and they are doing a great job at that!

Part of me thinks Chiyori is annoying, but another part of me likes her, so its kind of hard to explain. But she does bring some interesting aspects to this show. If her wish is to be an LRIG only, maybe she could make the sacrifice that Ruko is having a hard time making.

Also I'm going to say the author is a female, but I'm not entirely sure. However, it seems to be a more accurate portrayal of an author. In a dark room, alone, seemingly depressed, possibly with some severe issues. I wonder what they can bring to the series, which has taken a turn for the mysterious in this episode.

One thing is certain this show knows how to use cliffhangers!
Oct 25, 2014 1:28 AM

Jun 2009
Personally Fumio reminds me a lot of Ulith's former look. Can't help but feel that was her old body. o:
Oct 25, 2014 5:22 AM

Aug 2009
and suddenly, dubstep

That Fumio person looked surprisingly intriquing :D like the design
Oct 25, 2014 6:10 AM

Feb 2013
So boring. I hope futase will entertain me.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 25, 2014 6:27 AM

May 2014
So Mayu is a sadistic bitch, Ulith is a sadistic bitch, Iona is STILL the mysterious bitch, only now are our characters catching up to that.
Fumio is quite the tidy hikikomori.

Chiyori's meta-jabs are welcome, if they weren't for her squeaky as fuck annoying voice that makes me want to punch her in the face.]

At least Ruuko's "muh nakama" drama got some sense of closure! But now Ruuko will take ages to battle, along Iona having her own motives and the latter half of her wish(which is for Tama to battle Ruuko and lure in Mayu - Katta! Keikaku doori! ~Iona.).
Oct 25, 2014 6:47 AM

Dec 2010
Wow, loved this episode, contrary to most of you, it had some needed theorizing, Tama's battle wasn't half bad, for a second I almost thought there's a male cast in the show, and nonetheless, the atmosphere is as good as ever.

Also Chiyori is my fave now, the first squeaking character I've put my volume to the max for, lol.

Oct 25, 2014 6:55 AM

Oct 2009
Being Iona is suffering....

>Ulith “doing it” with Tama while Ruuko is watching

>Iona calling Tama a cheater who enjoys her new partner, and then declaring that she’s not a slut like Tama and that Ruu will always be the only one for her

>both Tama and Ruuko crying in the meantime

>This is just like my NTR doujins.

Also, if Ulith's wishes got granted, won't Tama be on Iona's body?
Maximum mek.

Yuzuki and Hitoe god damn it.... At least stop bitching about Iona when she's within earshot... I wonder if Ruu fially realized that Iona is... mmm, uncomfortable? with her friends...
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Oct 25, 2014 9:46 AM

Jan 2013
Just shoot Ulith and take Tama back.
Would be nice to see bright and vivid colors. All the scenes are dark and drab.
Oct 25, 2014 10:35 AM
Mar 2013
RediceRyan said:
Just shoot Ulith and take Tama back.

You can't be serious. Right now Tama is Ulith's LRIG, and it's not like Ulith stole her, Tama was sent to her, and there's no way they would seriously murder someone just to have Tama back (not only would that be stupid, but totally ooc for Ruko and her friends).
RoychopOct 25, 2014 10:38 AM
Oct 25, 2014 1:39 PM

May 2013
Couldn't tell whether Fumio-sensei was a guy or girl, apologies. I suppose going with female is most logical though 'cause of the whole Selectors thing.

Poor Iona, all she needs is some loving. So third-wheeled. I wonder how the girls will find out how to rescue Tama.
Oct 25, 2014 10:24 PM

Feb 2014
I know it somehow understandable, but damn it Yuzuki and Hitoe, can't they at least consider Iona's existence and stop talking about that with Iona around, damn it must be a hard stab to her.

Aki-Lovely, suck to be you. XD
And Fumio just like someone who has mental problem, i bet she know a lot about this game.

I don't know how about you all, but i think Iona not all that bad, Ru can use her until Tama back and fix things up so at least she can tune down her depression a bit, but of course Iona should open herself more, she just hold too much important secret so it dangerous to trust her.
Oct 26, 2014 8:50 AM

Mar 2014
xchee said:
I like Chorizo's cheerful personality. I think it really balances out all the screwed up things that happens in the show.

I felt so bad for Iona when Hitoe (or was it Yuzuki) told Ruu that Tama's best when paired with her and how they happily planned to get her back. That was harsh. It was like oi Iona can hear you. They really don't give a damn about her.

Yeah me too i feel bad for iona éven ruuko dont give a damn about her
Oct 26, 2014 12:10 PM

Jul 2013
With this episode I realised that Chiyori is a good addition to the characters. She provides some necessary comic relief after all those tense moments, and who knows, maybe she will grow up to be one of the best Selectors in the upcoming episodes

Iona and Ruuko must learn to cooperate sooner or later
Oct 26, 2014 12:17 PM
May 2014
ReiTakanashi said:
xchee said:

Yeah me too i feel bad for iona éven ruuko dont give a damn about her

Well, it is very easy to jump to the conclusion that Iona's wish is the most likely cause for Tama disappearing.
I mean, if Iona was to become Ru's LRIG (iow, Iona getting her wish), then something had to kick
Tama out first (the real reason is most likely that Tama accepted the wish, but failed to fulfill it).
If that is the impression, why should they care?

Anyway, it seems that Ru only thinks about Tama, and can't spare a thought for much else.
In that situation, can you blame her?
konatachan80Oct 26, 2014 12:22 PM
-- Lord fifth
Oct 26, 2014 10:50 PM

May 2013
Tama's back in the real world. Apparently, she's not enjoying the battles with Ulith. Futase Fumio looks like Iona with different hair style.
Oct 27, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2012
Creepy beginning lol. xP
Umm....whoa...pretty creepy episode. :P

But! We get to see Tama~! :D
Who.....isn't enjoying her life as a card that much.... Poor cutie.. :( Being the LRIG of the Ulith bitch. >:(

Anyways.....so Mayu....White Room......That Fumio chick.....
LOL! When they first met her, I literally got chills down my spine when I saw her. D:
But.....next episode looks really interesting.... :3
Oct 27, 2014 3:23 PM

Mar 2012
Chiyori is making this show so much more fun.
Oct 27, 2014 8:09 PM

Nov 2012
I have no clue where this story is going honestly speaking.
Oct 27, 2014 9:29 PM

Feb 2014
Although I'm liking the series so far I can't help being disappointed that Iona has yet to make any progress in changing Ruko. That was one of the main things that got me pulled in this season.
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

197 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 12:22 PM

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2014

80 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:35 AM

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

87 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 6:52 AM

» A question about Hitoe

kaede666 - May 25, 2022

1 by Phantom1412 »»
May 26, 2022 1:42 PM

» Is it okay to finish WIXOSS with this season

Lonely_Ronin123 - Nov 7, 2019

2 by Heimur »»
Nov 7, 2019 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.