Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 2, 2014 11:37 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, I like the technology of this series in this episode. Aida on the other hand is strange girl that I find hard to read.

At this point, I kinda like the action going on with the coordination. Overall, good episode but I hope to see Bellri or whatever his name's mecha skills to improve more. They're really progressing the story already with the conflicts though.
Oct 2, 2014 11:39 AM

Nov 2012
e....episode 2!? O_O
no gundaminfo youtube???
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 2, 2014 11:41 AM

Jan 2011
Monday sure is cute although we don't know much about her aside from her being connected to the G-Self. I'm curious to see what they have in store for her character.

Zaku and Rick Dias statues spotted! The first U.C. reference unless you count Haro

Bell uses his (Newtype?) powers to kill Aida's hommie, that's pretty brutal.

So far so good. Going by the ED it looks like Bell's hommie will be the "masked man" of this Gundam.
VioLinkOct 2, 2014 12:06 PM
[center]
Oct 2, 2014 5:14 PM

Jul 2013
UC statues were nice, still too early to pass legitimate judgement but it does seem to be moving rather quick
Oct 2, 2014 5:44 PM

Aug 2014
Wait what?! I don't even see the first ep. Are you guys talking about RAW?

Xway101 ~By me~
Oct 2, 2014 6:02 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was much better than the first. Hopefully it can keep it up like this. Didn't notice any weird scene changing like the previous episode and the art was better.
Oct 2, 2014 6:04 PM

Mar 2008
Just as I was warming up to Captin Cahill... is he really a goner? Just brutal.

I suppose you could call this some pretty fast pacing, but I feel it's moving along nicely. Everybody's really likeable too.
Nice to see the Capital Guard(?) guy's initiative, and the 'classic' collection was a fun touch.

It'll be interesting to see what sort of role Bellri's mum plays in all this.
CkanOct 2, 2014 6:08 PM
Oct 2, 2014 6:07 PM

Apr 2014
The quick pace and fast scene changes are kinda just Tomino's directing style. It's present in every series he's directed.
Oct 2, 2014 6:41 PM

Feb 2012
GreyXSJ said:
The quick pace and fast scene changes are kinda just Tomino's directing style. It's present in every series he's directed.

He also has a bad habit of having laughable dialogue in his stuff. Every single line in these first two episodes was either confusing technobabble, sudden non-sequiters, or stating the obvious. It got to the point where I just couldn't take anything that happened seriously.

This really is the second coming of King Gainer, isn't it?
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Oct 2, 2014 6:46 PM

Jul 2013
Not that I necessarily disagree but your username is wonderful
Oct 2, 2014 6:49 PM
Oct 2010
lol ok now I'm really convinced tomino has an obsession with slapping people.
Oct 2, 2014 6:59 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was much better than the first.

Bellri didn't killed Captain Cahill on purpose, I'm looking forward to learn more about that Mobile Suit named G-Self.
Oct 2, 2014 7:07 PM

Apr 2014
Flawfinder said:
GreyXSJ said:

He also has a bad habit of having laughable dialogue in his stuff. Every single line in these first two episodes was either confusing technobabble, sudden non-sequiters, or stating the obvious. It got to the point where I just couldn't take anything that happened seriously.

This really is the second coming of King Gainer, isn't it?

Eh, it's what happens when Tomino is actually on his meds. It's either this or people dying left and right with barely any justification. I honestly prefer this.
Oct 2, 2014 7:11 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
As expected, Aida's comrades comes to her rescue but damn, they got taken down too easily.
Captain Cahill seemed so adept, yet Bell one-shotted him, though impulsively. Very unfortunate..

That pink-haired girl is becoming annoying already. >.< God, I hope she gets dumped by Bell soon.

I wonder if Aida will associate herself with Bell even after everything that just went down. Feel kinda bad for her though.

Good episode. New character to debut next week. She looks badass! Ally or foe? O.o

Oct 2, 2014 7:12 PM

Mar 2010
wow meets him for 10 sec then he gets killed.. not liking where this is going...
Oct 2, 2014 7:19 PM

Nov 2010
2nd ep was a bit better but overall im disappointed so far.and im getting the feel that this is aimed toward a younger audience.
Oct 2, 2014 7:24 PM

Jun 2013
People like me who love old school anime are definitely in for a treat. It's a shame some kids can't handle it.

Some of the dialogue was meh, but that's just Tomino for you.

Oh yeah and also I love how un-fanservicy the fanservice was. Fully clothed normal looking butt. This show wins a lot of points for that alone. Sick of cow tits and massive asses in my face when watching anime.
ex_necrossOct 2, 2014 7:28 PM
Oct 2, 2014 7:25 PM
Oct 2010
Hokuto_no_Fuzz said:
2nd ep was a bit better but overall im disappointed so far.and im getting the feel that this is aimed toward a younger audience.

Well that's because it is haha.

During the Kidou Senshi Gundam 35th Anniversary Announcement, Gundam creator, Tomino Yushiyuki said that the new Gundam: Reconguista in G is not meant for the UC or Origin fans but for the children. The series was made so that children of Gundam fans can enjoy.
Oct 2, 2014 7:27 PM

Jan 2009
ninjastarforcex said:
no gundaminfo youtube???

im surprise that they are not uploading it to their youtube channel too
Oct 2, 2014 8:09 PM

May 2013
Did Bellri really killed the Captain? I can't seem to found it confirmed. Oh well.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 2, 2014 8:15 PM

Jan 2010
Going in, I was skeptical about this Gundam series especially since Tomino has talked on the series and it's fans but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Enjoyable first episode, lot better than AGE's. Of course it isn't a Gundam series without Tomino abusing women, that Bright Slap took me by surprise.

Second episode was decent, I jizzed myself when I saw the Zaku and Guncannon. The last part reminded me of Victory Gundam all over again.
Oct 2, 2014 8:19 PM

Aug 2014
I don't feel the pacing is fast at all. I'm liking the main's so far. Pink hair girl is giving off Sochie vibes. Definitely feels more old-school Gundam, even the ending song. 2 slaps so far.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 2, 2014 8:19 PM

May 2010
Some plot points. It didn't feel quite as exciting as episode 1, but it was still very good. Of course there wasn't much actual mobile suit battling in this one which is probably why it didn't feel as exciting.
Oct 2, 2014 8:22 PM

Jul 2011
Turn A took several episodes to develop into something great, and Tomino has shifted from bombshell premieres to slow burners over the years for sure. Seems sketchy so far but I'm planning to reserve judgement for a bit.
Oct 2, 2014 8:46 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Thrashinuva said:
Some plot points. It didn't feel quite as exciting as episode 1, but it was still very good. Of course there wasn't much actual mobile suit battling in this one which is probably why it didn't feel as exciting.

I feel the same way, except for me it's not because of of the lack of mobile suit battling. Still liking it of course though, really curious about Raraiya.
Oct 2, 2014 8:48 PM

Sep 2010
j0x said:
ninjastarforcex said:
no gundaminfo youtube???

It seems they only have rights to Build Fighters Try.

Madman got rights to stream this series every Friday at 6AM for Australia so thats probably where we are getting out subbed episodes ripped from. Kinda sucky though it looks like the US looses out again like with AGE due to region restrictions. >_>

@ episode: Welp the body count already started?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 2, 2014 8:51 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, this show has everything I expect and love in a good Gundam show: hand-drawn frames, a high-profiled pink-haired heroine that can be annoying at times (Seed), a Char clone white-haired masked man that's close to the young protagonist--whom has important parents, a colorful Gundam, old sound effects, cheesy lines, slightly over the top cheery characters, Bright Slaps (MSG), and a Gundam show that tries to not mention the word "Gundam" as much as possible(Turn A)...What's not to love? Except for the Harobe.

This is one recipe I never get tired of eating up. The young'uns might be more accustomed to the latest 3D digitally drawn stuff, but for everyone else who loves that nostalgia feels, it's a great treat.
Estoy_GordoOct 2, 2014 9:19 PM
Oct 2, 2014 9:08 PM

Oct 2010
The art style really reminds me of that used in Eureka Seven.
Oct 2, 2014 9:09 PM
May 2013
SweetCoconut said:
Did Bellri really killed the Captain? I can't seem to found it confirmed. Oh well.

Going to assume he's dead. The area where Bellri shot at pretty much screams cockpit.
http://i.imgur.com/ZbNGJpI.jpg
Oct 2, 2014 9:17 PM

Jun 2013
Exblaster said:
SweetCoconut said:

Going to assume he's dead. The area where Bellri shot at pretty much screams cockpit.
http://i.imgur.com/ZbNGJpI.jpg

The two guards literally said "the entire cockpit has been fried". I don't know how you can get any more confirmation than that.
ex_necrossOct 2, 2014 9:23 PM
Oct 2, 2014 9:18 PM

Jan 2009
Roloko said:
j0x said:

It seems they only have rights to Build Fighters Try.

Madman got rights to stream this series every Friday at 6AM for Australia so thats probably where we are getting out subbed episodes ripped from. Kinda sucky though it looks like the US looses out again like with AGE due to region restrictions. >_>

that sucks indeed, thanks for the info
Oct 2, 2014 9:19 PM
May 2013
ex_necross said:
The two guards literally said "the entire cockpit has been fried". I don't know how you can get any more confirmation than that.

Right, that also.
Oct 2, 2014 9:24 PM

Jan 2012
This is like Rean no Tsubasa all over again.
There's a lot going on and lot of pointless dialogue but I don't understand half of it.
Oct 2, 2014 9:29 PM

Aug 2007
Is this really ep 2 or is it the 2nd half of the first ep? Well whatever the case is I enjoyed this much better then the last ep I saw. It now has warmed up to me. I think I'm really going to enjoy this one now!

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 2, 2014 9:29 PM

Apr 2008
TragicGenocider said:
There's a lot going on and lot of pointless dialogue but I don't understand half of it.

how can you say its pointless when you don't understand it?
Oct 2, 2014 9:35 PM

Sep 2011
I dont know the execution so far feels very off, like the dialogue and general directing actually feels like a pretty big step backwards from tomino's previous works, The pacing just feels really half assed. Still we are just at the start so lets see where this goes.

Ranoom said:
wow meets him for 10 sec then he gets killed.. not liking where this is going...
Welcome to the tomino gundam

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 2, 2014 9:37 PM

Jan 2012
jkun said:
TragicGenocider said:

how can you say its pointless when you don't understand it?

My bad. I was talking about some of the parts, not the same parts.
Oct 2, 2014 9:52 PM

Apr 2013
Probably I'm in the minority, but I love the old school style. It's unique but not annoying
and this episode was better than the first, maybe because I'm used to the composition already?
But I still can't get used to the pacing
A bit surprising that they killed that guy so early
Overall good episode
Oct 2, 2014 10:43 PM

Jan 2011
Madara31 said:
The art style really reminds me of that used in Eureka Seven.

It should since it's identical but far less polished.

This old hand drawn looking style doesn't bother me since I like it but I deplore the old ass SFX sounds. Also, I guess I"m over the old old old school Gundam builds this day and age. I don't expect flashly as shit Gundams nor do I want super OP frames but this seems a little too old to me. If this is it then so be it but the fighting better be scripted well. From these first two episodes I can say that the action were not engaging and I can't stand the scene transitions. But I don't hate the show yet.

The MC is annoying as hell and the dialogue is all over the place. If they were going for a high paced confused party feel given the events then mission accomplished. But judging from the first half of episode 1, that might just be the way things are which I don't like.
IZEROIIOct 2, 2014 10:46 PM
Oct 2, 2014 10:44 PM

Jan 2014
It is good overall. I could feel the heat of battle.

An early death, but as long as they take the deaths seriously, I'm good.
Oct 2, 2014 10:59 PM

Dec 2012
Good! Turn A Gundam dialogue and taking sides all over the place. Slaps, deaths, and annoying little bitches incoming. Man, I feel like coming home :D

Anyway, so there are these elevators leeching off sources, whilst the Earth is somewhat lacking them. Let see how this unfolds.
Oct 2, 2014 11:04 PM

Aug 2013
Man this anime sucks so far can't believe I was excited for it. The lame ass drama about a captain dying who I've only seen for maybe 2 minutes. Also they just let a prisoner run around and do whatever she wants really? The pink haired girl got kicked just for cheering for her bf the last episode not really sure if this government is super strict and corrupt or lax and laid back. The whole "American Army" shit seems really stupid is this really UC because it really doesn't seem like it. Episode 1 wasn't great but it wasn't this bad. Wish they'd just make a good Gundam again :
Oct 2, 2014 11:21 PM

Dec 2012
^ It's Amerian Army, and it connects, with the Turn A Gundam. Whether this Amerian Army still stands for the continent in Turn A, is yet to be seen. Turn A in itself is a hotch-potch of all UC Gundams, but regardless, in the episode is mentioned that the robo statutes are from a "past" era.
Oct 2, 2014 11:32 PM

Oct 2007
Haytin said:
Man this anime sucks so far can't believe I was excited for it. The lame ass drama about a captain dying who I've only seen for maybe 2 minutes. Also they just let a prisoner run around and do whatever she wants really? The pink haired girl got kicked just for cheering for her bf the last episode not really sure if this government is super strict and corrupt or lax and laid back. The whole "American Army" shit seems really stupid is this really UC because it really doesn't seem like it. Episode 1 wasn't great but it wasn't this bad. Wish they'd just make a good Gundam again :

She got kicked because she's part of a people called the Kutaran who the Amerian's clearly don't think much of and seem to treat like shit in general. And no it's not U.C it's the Reguild Century which takes place far after it.
Oct 2, 2014 11:34 PM
Jul 2012
I think this new series is either a hit or miss with the audience. As a fan of Eureka Seven and Gundam, I find the art style to be quite unique (especially in a Gundam series), yet at the same time it feels surprisingly comfortable and...beautiful.

The feel of the show is fast paced and seems like a 80's show with modern art slapped onto it (like what a lot of people have said). This weird combination really makes it enjoyable (or not enjoyable at all for others). It seems goofy (with the love at first sight and stuff) and seems like a lot of fun.

To be honest, this gives me the best vibe out of all the series. At least Bellri obtained the Gundam quite normally (though it's still PLOT that he is destined for it) as he got it from the enemy being captured. This time, it's not a civilian who doesn't have any technical skills that suddenly find a giant majestic robot and started kicking ass immediately in it.

It's too early to make a judgment, but based on these two episodes I have to say that I really like it. It moves faster than Turn A (which was a good series, but I feel asleep at times), comedic and doesn't take things seriously sometimes (but better than how Double Zeta did it with all those kids running around). A goofy yet smart MC that does things in a believable way (unlike Age with the genius Flit Asuno and his sons) and no beam lasers in every single fighting scene (gosh...Gundam SEED...). The 80's feel to it also makes it even better which is the opposite of Gundam 00 (which felt too modern).

Also, I'm a sucker for romance so I actually want to see where the development will go with Bellri and Aida. I certainly hope that they are not brothers and sisters (or maybe freaking clones). One thing that is going to happen for sure is that Bellri will turn to the Space Pirates side and pilot the Crossbon- sorry wrong series- I mean the G-Self (hopefully switching with Aida at times so they both get their screen time). I would certainly love to go pirating with a girl like Aida, heck, is there ANY man who will REFUSE to join the pirates for someone like Aida?!

Anyway, I like what I see. Feel free to disagree because people have different opinions (which is why I said it's a hit or miss as I see some people really hating on this one), just don't send me hateful messages or reply to me telling me I'm retarded and I should burn in hell for liking it. Also, I have limited knowledge on the Gundam series as I haven't watched them all and it has been quite some time since I last watched the classics.
SamhiuyOct 2, 2014 11:37 PM
Oct 2, 2014 11:37 PM

Jan 2009
damn they need better sci-fi ideas i mean this is set to a far far away future and their still have schools for learning? they need some matrix type of education system already like this one - http://medicalxpress.com/news/2011-12-high-performance-tasks-conscious-effort-video.html http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2072177/Learning-skills-like-characters-The-Matrix-set-reality-say-scientists.html
Oct 3, 2014 12:06 AM

Mar 2008
j0x said:
damn they need better sci-fi ideas i mean this is set to a far far away future and their still have schools for learning?
I've always found the regression of "civlisation" and recurrence of history to be rather charming.

Whether the lack of exponential growth and groundbreaking innovations makes a sci-fi story less valid remains for us to see in the next thousand years.
Oct 3, 2014 1:53 AM

Apr 2013
same as the first episode. liked it but still feels a bit weird.
Oct 3, 2014 3:38 AM

Oct 2010
Seems like a hot fucking mess so far.
Oct 3, 2014 3:40 AM

May 2009
Completely opposite of today's blockbuster type mecha anime. No atomic bomb or reviving vampires in first episode and some kiddies are bored.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2014

153 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 20, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

91 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

29 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.