Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2014 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well the show returns..

I'm actually impressed by the Argevollen this episode as it went into combat with that level of linkage. Otherwise, the fight itself felt a bit slow. At least the action part was fitting to the overall battle I guess. Tokimune did well this episode in combat. Lucky him this episode. Oh and I'm not sure what to think of that Namie girl. I mean, lollipops?
Stark700Oct 2, 2014 9:28 AM
Oct 2, 2014 9:20 AM

Jun 2014
I thought the episode was good :o 7/10

I just wish the fighting would be faster and more brutal, have a higher presence of the sense of death cause the MC feels invincible.
Oct 2, 2014 10:02 AM

Apr 2014
Namie Portman was voiced by Maaya Uchida right?
Hell if that's true why she joined this shi**y mecha anime?
Is this her first time voicing characters from mecha anime?
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 2, 2014 10:08 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I like that the relationship between the Captain and MC-kun has developed into a quiet strange kind of respect from both sides.

Jamie has got herself a powerful rival with Namia. The new girl seems pretty smitten with her Senpai.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 2, 2014 12:16 PM
Feb 2013
Namie Portman, almost sounds like Natalie Portman.
Oct 2, 2014 12:55 PM

Apr 2010
Introduction of a new character and almost the entire episode i was wondering will she survive the upcoming fight, luckily that was answered at the end of this episode.
Which suggests she is here for the long run which is a good thing since so far like her, and it would be a shame to see her die.

So far the biggest problems i see with Namie is her inexperience she seems similar to the way Tokimune was at the start of this anime.
One of the reasons why i thought she might get killed.
For now we will have to wait and see i guess.
Oct 2, 2014 1:17 PM

Nov 2012
Good episode, good new character.
Oct 2, 2014 2:12 PM

Jul 2013
great fighting scene at the end... tokimune is really progressing
good new character, however i don't want her to steal protagonism from jamie
i want more jamie pls
Oct 2, 2014 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
A new character named Namie is introduced. She did a little good job on her first battle.
Oct 2, 2014 2:34 PM

Mar 2012
Isn't that water animation too realistic? :o
This is getting better every episode! It didn't start that well but now it's getting much better than in the beginning.
Oct 2, 2014 2:38 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Namie is almost a superior rival to Jamie as she looks a bit like Suzushiro, one of the best girl of the show. Her lolipop game is strong though! :9
Though I doubt Tokimune would be interested in romance anytime soon.

Mock battle part was pretty good. Lol'd at Lorenz's nonchalant behavior as long as he gets shot by a girl. XD

Good teamwork at the battlefield, thought the development was a bit cliched.
The MC saving one of his comrade (preferably a Kouhai) makes him get some exp and thus he levels up a bit. Not too bad though.

Decent episode. Some awesome actions incoming next week. Looking forward to it!

Oct 2, 2014 3:12 PM

Jul 2013
Namie~
lol lolipops
Mock battle was okay
Lol yeah the water animation was very realistic
Tokimune saving Namie this ep..
That linkage level.. 76.4% huh.
Oct 2, 2014 3:37 PM

Aug 2012
lol I love how Tokimune says he realizes how his comrades had been supporting him after saving Namie, but doesn't acknowledge(or just didn't notice)that she saved his ass first. Classic Tokimune.
Oct 2, 2014 3:42 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
RazorRamona200 said:
Namie Portman, almost sounds like Natalie Portman.

That was my first thought when she introduced herself lol. Hm that and she's voiced by Uchida Maaya. So far her character is alright, she does remind me of Tokimune at the beginning of the series. Seriously, Tokimune has come so far. He was piloting the Arge like a boss with that increasing linkage level. Great job :) Also, the conversation between Jamie and Tokimune was hilarious. They kept going, "eh?" at each other and then continuing to talk. Too bad they were referring to different things....
Oct 2, 2014 4:00 PM

Jan 2014
This was a 2 cour?i came to learn if the show get any better thinking this was last episode...Lets wait 10 more weeks then :I
Oct 2, 2014 4:19 PM

Aug 2012
LonelyWizard said:
This was a 2 cour?i came to learn if the show get any better thinking this was last episode...Lets wait 10 more weeks then :I
Has been since it started.
Oct 2, 2014 4:38 PM

Jan 2011
Honestly, this is probably the best episode of Argevollen in my opinion. Namie's already the best girl haha. I also thought her name sounded like Natalie Portman. xDD Love Namie's voice though. <3 That last fight was actually really good. Tokimune was able to some pretty amazing things and save Namie. His linkage depth went in the 70% area for a bit, dayum. Tokimune, you're getting better!
Oct 2, 2014 6:20 PM

Apr 2009
the introduction of Namie served as a way to show how Tokimune matured as a soldier. if you compare him now to the first eps, that's a lot of improvement in terms of his military ethic. the way he was able to share to her the various stuff that he learned in the battlefield is great and while he still has personal conflicts with the captain, he knows their position. Namie would also serve as an additional pilot and with more members, there are more interesting tactics that can be implemented such as this episode's unit division. on the other side, however, Namie being female and kouhai means there could be some tension with Jamie later.

Rayzer said:
Namie Portman was voiced by Maaya Uchida right?
Hell if that's true why she joined this shi**y mecha anime?
Is this her first time voicing characters from mecha anime?
yes. it is actually Maaya Uchida. and no, this is actually one of the best mecha shows in this year because it has interesting and realistic character interactions and character development for a militarized setting. it's a unique mecha show in that it's not about trying to save a country or find peace but a portrayal of one grounded military squad, and a focus on logistics. it's like slice of military life, but then again, i guess this could be what people don't like about it.
also, Argevollen could've easily been the best if it had more budget, but they keep having QUALITY faces just to give us the action. sound effects are already perfect.
argiliumOct 2, 2014 6:32 PM
Oct 2, 2014 6:26 PM
Jan 2014
The episode was fine. While I'm honestly interested in how Tokimune's character will get developed even further, I got a bit bored from the lack of depth from the rest of the main cast. I mean we did get into detail about Samonji's encounter with Reika, but Jamie and Saori have yet to be developed.

So when I take those things into account, I begin to question the whole introduction of Namie. Apart from further expanding Tokimune's character, I don't see any more use of her at all. I hope we see some focus on the rest of the cast in future episodes.
Oct 2, 2014 6:51 PM

Jul 2014
Samoni's expression remains unchanged as ever....

oh well. kinda meh episode but decent I think. nothing really big happened aside from introducing new character. she is OK I guess, but i don't really see her role yet...

tokimune is getting better and mature a bit too.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Oct 2, 2014 6:58 PM

May 2013
What the freaking heck, the facial expressions got weird in this episode. And Maaya Uchida voicing Namie (I am guessing it huh) will become a potential love rival.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 2, 2014 8:31 PM

May 2014
One of the better episodes. It also looks like the entire animation budget for the episode went to the scene where Tokimune saves Namie, it looked pretty good.
Oct 2, 2014 8:32 PM

Dec 2009
So will this evolve into a love triangle? Seems more likely.

Man, it is strange seeing Tokimune leading someone while in the beginning he was so rash and reckless.

Also, somehow, I believe those numbers need to stay below 70%. Dunno, but it seems Tokimune might have a similar fate like his sister if the numbers continue going up.
Oct 2, 2014 9:19 PM

Apr 2014
Linkark07 said:

Also, somehow, I believe those numbers need to stay below 70%. Dunno, but it seems Tokimune might have a similar fate like his sister if the numbers continue going up.

Not really. If the linkage was over 80% or become 100% it will be like his own body that was been too light,easy to move and it's a good advantage.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 2, 2014 9:25 PM
Mar 2012
The animations were pretty cringe-worthy this episode.

Still on the Tokimune x Jamie ship.
Oct 2, 2014 10:12 PM

Dec 2007
Rayzer said:
Linkark07 said:

Not really. If the linkage was over 80% or become 100% it will be like his own body that was been too light,easy to move and it's a good advantage.

Red usually means something bad. I would be surprised if there were no negative effects for going that far. The series has already established a threat with the last episode's revelations, the two technologies have significant similarities, and such a problem would be completely on theme. While I'd prefer this focused more on the military aspects, the hints are in that direction.
Oct 2, 2014 10:22 PM
Sep 2013
1 minute into the episode, as soon as she showed up, I already knew: Here comes the triangle.
Oct 2, 2014 11:44 PM

Jan 2011
Oh man that battle sequence got me a little fired up!
Oct 2, 2014 11:50 PM
Dec 2012
Glad the show's back. Really like it's aesthetic detail, from the backgrounds to the sky and water.

The beginning of the episode had some good action.

Tokimune's now granted leadership authority with the introduction of the new character Namie Portman. Does this mean something major will occur soon?

The fight scene was really lacking desperation from Tokimune. The focus was on Argevollen and sadly has been for too long. No screams, no emotion from MC. I feel like I'm more bonded to Argevollen than I am to the MC, especially in fights.

Another ambush, with another knife's edge situation? I guess its fine to squeeze some action into the episode but it's getting repetitive.

Overall was a fun episode, with some funny moments. Next episode is looking promising.
Oct 3, 2014 12:00 AM
Aug 2014
LastChapter said:
Still on the Tokimune x Jamie ship.

Does anyone else ship Samonji x Saori? I'm possibly the only one.
Oct 3, 2014 4:53 AM

Jan 2011
I thought Namie was gonna be a lesbian when she blushed and called Jamie cute, well she still could be. Tokimune sure looked off model in some shots.
Oct 3, 2014 5:13 AM

Jun 2013
the level of linkage has increased because he wanted to protect her
Oct 3, 2014 6:32 AM

Aug 2013
The 8th Independent Unit has some awesome new mechs to fight alongside Argevollen now, should make the fighting more interesting. Tokimune has come a long way as well, he's a much more mature and level headed soldier now rather than the hot headed mess he was at the start. Also Introducing a new pilot character is a nice way to keep things interesting within the independent unit as many of the other characters don't really do anything!
Oct 3, 2014 10:40 AM

Nov 2009
I was wondering what wouldl happen when the likage depth reaches 100% - pretty obvious that nothing good. And judging from the last frame of the preview, we'll know in the next ep (Arge looks like it's gone berserk, Evangelion-style...)
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 3, 2014 11:23 AM

Jun 2014
Did anyone else feel the character animations looked a little...off?
I totally had a death flag on the new girl. I still kinda do. Some cool action this time too, arge going into over drive there was cool to watch

Wooo! Post number 200!
RebelheroOct 3, 2014 12:45 PM
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 3, 2014 1:17 PM

Aug 2013
A newcomer arrives doing success, a rival to Jamie?
Tokimune did well in combating in this episode, he is now the leader of the platoon, but his relationship with the captain does not look good, I hope that more problems come soon ..
Oct 3, 2014 7:20 PM

Jul 2010
Watching this after G-Reco it's awkward, the drop of quality is a bit disturbing. But that might be just me.

Anyway, the badass scene was indeed badass, I liked it.
Also, Namie feels already superior as a character than Jamie ..
Oct 4, 2014 9:16 AM
Feb 2014
ErwinJA said:
Rayzer said:

Red usually means something bad. I would be surprised if there were no negative effects for going that far. The series has already established a threat with the last episode's revelations, the two technologies have significant similarities, and such a problem would be completely on theme. While I'd prefer this focused more on the military aspects, the hints are in that direction.

somehow this reminds me to valvrave in later episode when the MC's valvrave gone berserk in cost of the MC's memory
Oct 4, 2014 4:50 PM

Jan 2011
If too high linkage is bad, Jaime doesn't know it, or she simply didn't think of it.

Also, Captain and c. are giving Tokimume too much flak. Lorenz got shot twice, and he is experienced. He is one or two (depends on the actual ranks they use etc.) Tokimune was straight from miltary school when je joined, Namie is now, too. They won two times, and they only lost once because Tokimune trusted her experience in the new model. He knew *nothing* about it, besides also still having to learn about his own mech. This was also his first time leading.

And what do they do? Tell Tokimune he has to think about why they lost, that he has to take responsibility for it etc., instead of telling Lorenz and Silfy to drop out of miltary - they are clearly incapable of learning, as even after all those battles they still lose to two privates (Lorenz is corporal, so one to two ranks above them, and Silfy is even Sergeant - another one or two ranks).

Not only is it never shown that they get told off by Samonji or Suzushiro, they never look like they've been reprimanded or even mention it. So it's kinds safe to assume that they can fail as much as they want and everything is fine, but if Tokimune doesn't manage to save everyone without getting even one speck of dust on Argevollen during his day off, he'll get court martialed.
Oct 5, 2014 3:35 AM

Sep 2014
Argevollen, now faster than a speeding bullet. The balance in this show is rediculous, when is the other side going to get mechs with even a fraction of the capabilities the argevollen apparently has.
Oct 5, 2014 6:49 PM
Aug 2014
Loving Tokimune's gradual character development.
Oct 6, 2014 12:51 PM

Dec 2013
Better than before the break. I guess we've had a slight time-skip?
Why does it seem like all the rest of the support soldiers and mechanics have so much time on their hands to just laze about all the time? I thought they were in a battlefield of sorts.

Sort of like the new character? She's not as pretentious as Tokimune, and actually seems like someone who'll follow orders when necessary. Can't say I can see her lasting till the end of the show though. She gives the ominous vibe of becoming a sacrificial lamb somehow, just for the sake of character development.

We'll see...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 10, 2014 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode wearing a nice upgrade which I appreciate, but if he has some good impact on the plot.
All in all good storytelling, he felt the need to introduce and change something, however it is a good excuse one used today to show the maturation of Tokimune, may have, as already mentioned by someone, a double use.
I look forward to further developments of both the protagonists already acceptable by now, but also in the rest of the group. Then if there will be a widening of the story which also affect that which revolves around the eighth team, so be it. In the end, this series is proving to be a good product, despite the many limitations in terms of graphics.
Curious to see the next episode, the captain did not seem happy about the latest events, whether you are preparing for a dramatic event?
Oct 10, 2014 6:10 PM

Sep 2011
I quite enjoyed this episode though tokimune's mech pretty much forgoing any strategy in favor og being a op mech was kind of off putting,t he new character seems like she can have some character development and it since seeing a more matured tokimune after way too god damn long padding his development

past 3 episodes have shown honest to god improvement, lets hope the second half manages to stay this way and the show may end up being worth watching

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 13, 2014 6:28 AM

Jun 2010
That linkage O_O, this show it's become better as the episode goes on....
Oct 16, 2014 9:23 AM
Oct 2013
The facial expressions are horrible in some of these scenes, and then some of the scenes are so back and forth between characters it was almost like a bad visual novel. I'm guessing they outsourced those scenes to a lesser studio because of budget reasons.
Nov 7, 2014 5:38 PM

Jun 2011
This is one of the many action series that have female characters just because. Since when battles aren't men's forte anymore? New character was just introduced, and we already have scene like she need to be saved by the MC. Half of the damn battalion are women. Jesus Christ. We don't see women among the enemy's battalion, except for a few on top of the ranking ladder just because.

No wonder action series nowadays just don't feel the same anymore.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 12, 2016 2:27 AM

Aug 2013
Wow just look at those disfigured faces, that's too hard to ignore.
The art and animation is simply awful this episode.. the battle scenes were good though.
Those are some awesome moves there Tokimune, they must have dump all of it on the badass stunt.
There's a new girl I see.. black hair twin tails kouhai alright you pass. welcome to the crew LOL.
What is the deal with the creepy ghost tittle next episode ??
Oct 7, 2016 9:54 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a new girl young pilot to join a the 8th Independent Unit!!!
Jan 15, 2017 12:06 AM

Nov 2013
A new face, interesting.

She knows Tokimune from military school. A rival for Jamie appeared.

The enemy was surprised by their attack. The Ingelmia troops seem to really suck at reconnaissance.

Tokimune was badass. Having to save Namie brought him to new heights in the linkage depth. I somehow have the feeling, that something bad will happen, when the depth gets close to 100 %.
TheBigGuyJan 15, 2017 12:11 AM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

72 by oooo3333 »»
Dec 6, 2020 12:07 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

31 by oooo3333 »»
Nov 25, 2020 1:21 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

74 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 16, 2017 7:10 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

76 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 11, 2017 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

91 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 10, 2017 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.