Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2014 10:16 AM

Mar 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I am so happy with this episode. The animation looks really good (so was the whole budget gone solely to that rhyme fight or what). And as always the OST is amazing!!
I didn't notice if it was rushed or what because I was crying the whole ep, but at least they stayed true to the VN as much as they can. I still have lots of feels so I'll probably just edit this post later.

I wouldn't say I was disappointed with this adaptation, it was really great despite the many animation flaws. And the rushed pacing sometimes.
Looking forward to the BD release along with the OVA!
Sep 21, 2014 11:42 AM

Feb 2011
OMG NOOO IT ENDED :(( they showed all good ends yaSSS :DDDDDD animation wasnt bad :3 and ren was well animated(dat hawt nippls.)
but cg cancer D: haha
but kay, there was much tears.
AND TOUE DIDNT FUCKING SAID THIS DRAMATICAL MURDER LINE
Sep 21, 2014 11:58 AM

Nov 2007
This adaptation turned out nice in the end,i am glad. (i already forgot about all the animation mishaps from the first few episodes...)
And i say this as an person who owns and is a fan of the original VN(s).
Of course,more episodes would be nice to make it less rushed but hey...i can't really complain about 12^^
Sep 21, 2014 12:14 PM

Jun 2012
I was worried how adaptation will turn out, since all routes seemed merged, but that ending was really good. Especially those very last words that got me so excited and fanboying all over the place.

And I was waiting for Ren route since the start, so I am glad that I got it in the very end. Ren is the best (and hottest one) and I have the urge to replay VN now :D

Last episode was the best. Really enjoyed it. And for only 12 episodes, adaptation was decent for the most part.
Sep 21, 2014 12:14 PM

Aug 2011
I actually sort of liked it in the beginning but I'm super underwhelmed. It really sucks seeing one of your favourite games turn into such a lackluster adaptation. It's not bad but it's not good either. That's it, it's just a little below average and it's such a shame because the VN was so good. It's one thing that the animation was just mediocre but it just didn't have the same depth in story telling and the characters that the VN is so it just disappointed me in all areas. Sigh. I was pessimistic about this happening and after finishing this, I think I was right to feel that way.
Sep 21, 2014 12:31 PM
Aug 2011
Treat your pets right because one day they might turn into a shirtless hunk who enjoys meaningful beachside discussions.

SalmonQueen said:
AND TOUE DIDNT FUCKING SAID THIS DRAMATICAL MURDER LINE

bahaha
No matter how many times you murder someone it will never be as stylish as you Mr. Toue~ because you're classy as all hell. Dat monocle.
standSep 21, 2014 12:34 PM
Sep 21, 2014 12:43 PM

Jun 2014
Ya that wasnt weird or anything at all.

I guess it was an okay show, but couldve been better. 7/10
Sep 21, 2014 12:55 PM

Dec 2012
Wow the ending made me tear up, Ren (so freaking hot btw, goddamn) ;_; welcome back
I thought I'd have a 6 for this but it ended well, 7/10.
RothSep 21, 2014 12:58 PM
Sep 21, 2014 1:02 PM

Apr 2011
Thank God it's over.

The ending wasn't that bad tbh, but the rest of the series was so disappointing to me that I think I'm being kind giving it 5/10.
Sep 21, 2014 1:08 PM

Mar 2013
Naah... It was a bit disappointing for me.

5/10
Sep 21, 2014 2:16 PM

Dec 2013
I was pretty pleased with this episode! It felt slightly rushed, but for only 12 episodes, I'm content.

Personally, I'm just really glad that I got to see Noiz in his suit. But I actually got some feelings from that last scene with Ren and Aoba.

While it had it's rough patches, this adaptation turned out to be a nice addition to the original VN!
Sep 21, 2014 2:17 PM

Apr 2014
YOOO we saw Noiz in his suit. That's everything I needed from the finale.

Series was mediocre overall though.
Sep 21, 2014 2:22 PM

Dec 2012
That was actually a satisfying ending, especially when they pulled a fast one and it turned out to be Ren instead of Sei. I can't really say the same about the rest of the series though. It managed to keep my interest but I wasn't too invested into it. I'd say it did a decent job with what it was aiming for and had some really great highlights, such as the ost and Clear. I also like how they put together Aoba's internal conflict with scrap.

A very dramatical 6/10 from me.
Sep 21, 2014 3:24 PM

Dec 2012
6/10. I was planning to give it 4 or 5, but the last episode was really good, so I think the series overall was not that bad.
Sep 21, 2014 4:08 PM

Sep 2013
Series wasnt that bad, but defiantly isnt my favorite (the cliffhanger with Ren pretty much made the ending a little bit better) Though, im finally glad it's over (6/10)

Sep 21, 2014 4:17 PM

Oct 2010
Oh my, Ren feels all around the place, it was all I needed to have perfect last minute of this show.
I didn't play the game, but I could clearly tell that everything was rushed and crammed. But it doesn't change the fact that I was coming back to this show every week to see what will happen, it's probably the only show which episodes could go from shitty to really nice (like this one, with awesome Ren scenes and shitty everything else).
Maaaa, still can't get over the last scene (;w;)
Sep 21, 2014 4:50 PM

Jul 2012
Nice adaptation of the Visual Novel (in the end, I knew part of the routes would be butchered because of their content, and I'm really happy they did so).

I also liked how they managed to include all those foreshadowings along the common route.

The animation was kinda... weak, but I don't care that much about it anyway.
Some modifications that disapointed me:
-Mink's Route battles had more things, even if they weren't important to the plot, they were quite entertaining, and I was looking forward to watch them.
-Mecha Dogs are not scary and evil.
-Pacing was awkward in the beggining (being slow-paced is not a negative point, but it sure was not what everyone was expecting for the common route... at least we got everything there)
-Some of the modifications to connect the routes were great, but a few ones felt out of place, even if delivered the content anyway.

In the end, this one was pretty good, not a disapointment like Togainu no Chi, because it adapted really well the content from its source material.

It deserves a proper 7,5/10, in my opinion.
Sep 21, 2014 5:56 PM
Jan 2014
Ren is hoooooot...

Decent adaption, I suppose. Had its bumps but this wasn't a bad episode.

The plot's really intriguing, also. Nice and unique. I think I'll look into the VN at some point.

I give it a 4/10.
moving on.
Sep 21, 2014 6:12 PM

Jul 2014
Good ending to a good anime.

Sep 21, 2014 6:15 PM

Jan 2009
Kind of upset that they shafted Mink in the end. But I wrote a thing that made it all better.

The thing I'm really upset about is they didn't include the most heartwrenching part of Ren's Scrap scene. Bluh. But damn, was Ren ever hot. And that hug. Adorable. *o*
Sep 21, 2014 6:30 PM

Oct 2010
Personally I believe this was a mess. I loved the game! It was well made, and thought out, yet the anime is getting way too much praise for it's yaoi-less anime adaption. The game was made for a sci-fi yaoi! this concluded that it had 0 yaoi in it, only a kiss. Overall 5/10. Animation was horrible, and so rushed that I want to cry. Well since this is over I'm gonna go watch love stage hopefully that won't suck too.
Sep 21, 2014 6:31 PM

Oct 2010
2SugoiToActSugoi said:
Ren is hoooooot...

The plot's really intriguing, also. Nice and unique. I think I'll look into the VN at some point.

I give it a 4/10.
hey what anime did your signuatre come from?
Sep 21, 2014 9:45 PM

Oct 2011
REN T_____________________T

So happy i can't stop crying.

OrchidStarfire said:
2SugoiToActSugoi said:
Ren is hoooooot...

I give it a 4/10.
hey what anime did your signuatre come from?

^
The anime is called Another
Sep 21, 2014 10:24 PM

Nov 2012
A nice ending, fuzzy epilogue and all, despite cutting a lot. It was cool seeing the Rhyme scene animated, as usual, and Aoba contacting Sei's consciousness during Rhyme. I liked the hug between Ren and Aoba during Scrap. I don't remember the part about Toue
happening in the VN, but it's been awhile so maybe I just forgot.
I'm pretty happy with how they juggled all the characters' routes, I was worried that they'd just choose one character or just screw up trying to mash everyone's stories together but they did a decent job.
So as a fan of the original VN, I'm quite happy with the adaptation, though I'd imagine anyone who wasn't familiar with the VN just ended up being intensely confused.
Sep 21, 2014 11:19 PM

Jun 2010
It wasn't as terrible as it could have been, though some aspects were underwhelming at least we got to see these guys animated, the routes were covered in the best way possible for such a short adaptation and the OST was flawless. 6/10
Sep 22, 2014 12:17 AM

Jun 2014
From the POV of someone who never played the VN, this anime was really well done with the story and the routes it took with each of the characters. I am very happy with it overall and give it an 8/10!

Now they need to localize the game and bring it to North America on the Vita!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 22, 2014 1:21 AM

Dec 2013
I didn't played the game and i think i enjoyed it better this way! The end was kind weird (even if i like Ren) and a lot of something remain blurry but all in all i can say i liked it :)
Now time to get a psvita! xD

Sep 22, 2014 1:22 AM

Jul 2014
What...? Just that...? It didn't really leave a significant impact for me, at least. It all feels so cheap and obvious.

But that's maybe because I've read the VN until the end so I know how the output will come.

At least I'm glad the handsome Noiz showed up at the end like a boss XD
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Sep 22, 2014 1:22 AM

Sep 2013
As someone who loves and played the game, I must admit that the ending was done beautifully. I feel like they've spent 50% of their entire budget on the last episode during Ren's infamous beach scene and the Rhyme fight. Good to see they stayed faithful to the VN ending epilogue and how they added a bit of each character's good ending routes in there. They animated it wonderfully!

Sep 22, 2014 2:51 AM

Mar 2011
Eh confusing and kind of boring all in all. I knew what the source material was and knew it wasn't my thing, so I don't know why I expected different. I guess I was hoping it would be more about rhyme and being more action based.

So Aoba and Ren would be yaoi, bestiality selfcest. Kinky.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 22, 2014 5:42 AM

Jun 2012
This was fucking terrible

2/10
Sep 22, 2014 9:01 AM

Mar 2014
Thank god this is over. 3/10

onoda said:

Looking forward to the BD release along with the OVA!

Wait, there's more? Oh well, I guess I'm gonna watch it anyway, just because it's tagged as shounen ai
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 22, 2014 10:45 AM
Jan 2014
Not the best, but not terrible either. As an adaption I think it fell short (the VN was always going to be far superior) but it still had some good qualities to it. As for the episode itself it was... Like every ep, good but not great.

I will admit if it wasn't dmmd there's a good chance I'd have dropped it a few eps in but... Since it IS dmmd... I am kind of biased. It was nice to see a couple of moments from the VN animated. Which is probably why I'll give it a 7/10.
Sep 22, 2014 11:41 AM

Jul 2012
Yet another adaption where people won't really care for unless they've touched the original source. I kind of liked it but it felt kind of disconnected most of the time. Also hated the ugly character designs.
Sep 22, 2014 12:13 PM

Jan 2014
I enjoyed it, I haven't read or played any adaptation of it but i think it was really good. This was just one of those anime's that didn't need any particular action or plot for me to like, as I was already consumed by the environment, especially the scrap scenes was very awesome. Such a good episode/ending!
Sep 22, 2014 5:41 PM

Sep 2012
OMG, Noiz in a suit! You were sooo fucking hot man!

Well, the anime wasn't that great, but I had so much fun watching it. I'll probably play the VN after this xD
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Sep 23, 2014 4:07 AM

May 2014
The ending was great~
Nice ending but what happened to Mink? What's with his hair. And what happened to the two twin brothers? they only told Aoba that Ren is in the hospital. Meh.
Sep 23, 2014 5:35 AM

Dec 2009
I liked it, the last scene with Aoba and Ren is definitely one of my favourite scenes.
Though I'm still not really happy with the animation and drawings...

7/10 (better than Togainu no Chi, I should say)
Sep 23, 2014 11:59 AM

Jan 2012
Aaaaah no no no and no!

Why didn't we see a glimpse of Koujaku's GE? Like him cutting Aoba's hair I dunno >< They included the GE of everyone except him >< Koujaku was just cutting women's hair like usual :(

Anyway still give this 7/10 cause I'm biased and loved the vn...
Sep 23, 2014 3:07 PM

Dec 2013
I really enjoyed the anime. Even though I'm not sure what the hell was going on the most part, but the characters made it very enjoyable for me at least. I give it a 8 out of 10
Sep 24, 2014 5:23 AM
Dec 2011
Ren as puppy and Aoba should kiss. More yaoi for us. :D and furry.
Sep 24, 2014 12:36 PM

Dec 2008
Um... Hmm... Well, the upside for me was that I came away from this with two characters that I really liked...Clear and Ren.

6/10

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 24, 2014 5:19 PM

Jun 2011
Wow.. what? The last episode is a mess. What's up with this and Hamatora, people shooting themselves in the head for such cheap reason. -.- For what reason the duo inform Aoba about Ren in Sei's body? In the end it felt like meh whatever.

Noiz in suit and topless Ren *_*

Edit: Mink's Allmate smokin' dat cigar tho.
ToG25thBaamSep 24, 2014 5:23 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 25, 2014 7:25 AM

Aug 2011
This sucked.

» Escapism.

Sep 25, 2014 9:43 AM

Feb 2014
I actually liked the ending. The Rhyme scene was pretty cool, and I'm glad that there was a lot of closure. Although I'm kind of confused with what happened to Ren. Did allmate Ren turn into a regular dog and then person Ren went into Sei's body?

The show was okay. Like others have said, it could definitely be a real chore to watch, however, I found some parts entertaining and/or interesting as well. The OST was okay, while the animation was nothing special. Anywhere from 5-7/10 for me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2014 11:38 AM

Oct 2008
I just hope one day studios realize that omnibus format is the best thing to do in case you're adapting a dating game.

I'm giving this a 5 because I really liked the songs, and since I'm a fan of the VN I midly enjoyed the episodes where my favorites were main (aka Clear and Noiz).
Animation was fucking terrible most of the time, sadly.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Sep 26, 2014 5:39 PM

Aug 2012
I have no idea what was happening.

Noiz developed a fashion sense after being a part of human society.
Sep 27, 2014 1:01 AM

Sep 2014
It was a very confusing anime.

I didnt get the point of rhyme, only at the last ep where it shined.

The characters were funny, and colourful (my fave is Noiz)

Overall: 6/10 - the last ep gave it a +1
Sep 27, 2014 8:08 AM
Mar 2012
Wait, what? I don't get it.

So Ren wasn't in the allmate anymore. That's about all I understood. Why? I don't know. And then Sei, who was dying/dead wakes up again with Rens soul inside him. And Ren was Aobas restraint.
What? I'm confused. Is this supposed to make any sense at all?

And Noiz just did a 180 degree turn on his personality because... whatever?
Sep 28, 2014 4:29 AM

Oct 2013
hmm. ren was hot and all others. the last couple of episodes were better than the middle few. almost dropped in the middle but glad to see ren ended up in sei's body. happy end.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Aug 24, 2014

62 by girlsbravofan06 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Jul 13, 2014

74 by RVTempest »»
May 7, 2023 1:11 PM

» Dramatical Murder New Webtoon Adaptation

Destinesia - Feb 1, 2023

2 by DxvilTears »»
Feb 3, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 11 Discussion

onoda - Sep 14, 2014

23 by ann_sordo »»
Jul 12, 2022 2:36 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Aug 31, 2014

62 by ann_sordo »»
Jul 9, 2022 4:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.