60.3%
1,527 votes
Aug 2, 2014 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
who is your fav heroine, Asuna from SAO or Sinon from GGO? :3

im going to say Sinon

-------------------------
Mod Note:

Thread Locked for not encouraging meaningful discussion per Anime Discussion Rule 2.

Please refrain from making threads such as "random "xx vs. yy" (e.g. random anime/manga/character xx vs. random anime/manga/character yy)"

In accordance with the board specific rules please remember to follow the Site Guidelines as well to further prevent violations.

dipItFooOct 28, 2020 7:43 PM
Haters be hating.. lovers be loving... potatoes be potatoeing
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2014 12:34 PM

Apr 2010
Even if Sinon is hotter, she can't compete with someone who leveled her waifu skill to max.
Aug 2, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2012
I never did like Asuna.

That said I don't care for Sinon either so far.
Aug 2, 2014 12:37 PM

Nov 2013
Sinon is the best girl in SAO, we all know this.

/thread
Aug 2, 2014 12:46 PM

Nov 2009
I like them both but Asuna is my solid fav character after MR arc.
So I'd go with her.
I think it's a bit early to create the poll because, well 2nd cour will be the arc that Asuna will shine.
Aug 2, 2014 12:56 PM

Dec 2013
Sinon of course !
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Aug 2, 2014 1:04 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
should prob wait a bit with making this poll :>

Sinon looks better at least
Aug 2, 2014 1:36 PM

Oct 2008
Asuna managed to replicate soy sauce in VR, so I'd have to go with Asuna here.
Aug 2, 2014 1:39 PM

Nov 2012
Arkane said:
Asuna managed to replicate soy sauce in VR, so I'd have to go with Asuna here.

yes.
Aug 2, 2014 1:47 PM
Mar 2012
I bet if A-1 fleshed out her character more instead of making her just the vice-leader of KoB without saying how, then do a complete 180 by making her a dependent waifu, I'm sure more people would like her. She used to be my number one until Sinon came until the picture, then now Alice is now my most favorite.
Aug 2, 2014 1:57 PM

Jun 2014
Sinon, I like short hair better :D
Aug 2, 2014 1:57 PM

Mar 2013
Not a fan of either.
Aug 2, 2014 1:59 PM

Mar 2012
neither. asuna is plus minus zero and sinon is plus in game negative in life (stand up for yourself don't just get bullied) so both are zeros in my opinion. oh well, I'm here for the action
Aug 2, 2014 2:04 PM

Mar 2013
I highly prefer Asuna.
Aug 2, 2014 2:05 PM

Dec 2012
LastChapter said:
I bet if A-1 fleshed out her character more instead of making her just the vice-leader of KoB without saying how, then do a complete 180 by making her a dependent waifu, I'm sure more people would like her. She used to be my number one until Sinon came until the picture, then now Alice is now my most favorite.

This complaint about Asuna is one of those things that always bugs me when I hear it.

She is imprisoned in a virtual world by some sketchy dude, makes an effort to escape on her own by memorizing the passcode that was used to imprison her, and even though she gets recaptured ends up sending Kirito some sort of key thing that helps him to rescue her, and ends up learning about the villain's plot.

If she'd done that in real life she'd be an honored hero, not a "dependent waifu." I get being mad at the author for replacing her with WAAAH INCEST ANGST and for making Kirito all-important. But I cannot fathom why any of the author's writing decisions lead people to dislike Asuna herself.
Aug 2, 2014 2:05 PM

Jan 2014
Asuna without a shadow of doubt :)

P.s she has backstory also and realistic personality. We may see some in MR, maybe. Sadly, they didn't cover some stuff in first season, for example from Progressive series. After MR I'm pretty sure even more people will like her :)
TapuTapuuAug 2, 2014 2:08 PM
Aug 2, 2014 2:06 PM

Dec 2012
Andyis said:
neither. asuna is plus minus zero and sinon is plus in game negative in life (stand up for yourself don't just get bullied) so both are zeros in my opinion. oh well, I'm here for the action

Yeah, Sinon is such a fucking pussy. She should just stop having PTSD and shoot those bullies.
Aug 2, 2014 2:10 PM

Jan 2014
i love how people hate Asuna for being too perfect...Why so serious?just this :
antonn said:
Even if Sinon is hotter, she can't compete with someone who leveled her waifu skill to max.
:S
Aug 2, 2014 2:11 PM

Jun 2010
Silica
Aug 2, 2014 2:20 PM

Oct 2011
Sinon. Not even close
Aug 2, 2014 3:27 PM

Feb 2012
Forgetfulness said:
Asuna is basically only there to be Kirito's waifu

Sinon actually has a backstory and is pretty badass.
^ This
Aug 2, 2014 3:59 PM
Jun 2011
shinon the best
Aug 2, 2014 4:05 PM

Mar 2012
Asuna of course but Shino is awesome too *-*

antonn said:

Well, someone wrote something intelligent XD
Aug 2, 2014 4:08 PM

Dec 2013
I like them both, but Sinon's backstory and char design takes the cake, she seems to be a much better char too .
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 2, 2014 4:13 PM

Dec 2013
opondica said:
LastChapter said:

This complaint about Asuna is one of those things that always bugs me when I hear it.

She is imprisoned in a virtual world by some sketchy dude, makes an effort to escape on her own by memorizing the passcode that was used to imprison her, and even though she gets recaptured ends up sending Kirito some sort of key thing that helps him to rescue her, and ends up learning about the villain's plot.

If she'd done that in real life she'd be an honored hero, not a "dependent waifu." I get being mad at the author for replacing her with WAAAH INCEST ANGST and for making Kirito all-important. But I cannot fathom why any of the author's writing decisions lead people to dislike Asuna herself.
i believe that's because in the middle of her escape, she got tentacle raped. Or maybe because halfway the show she kinda feels like a 1 dimension, or because people just dislike danmsels in distress. I don't dislike her though.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 2, 2014 4:35 PM

Jun 2012
antonn said:
Cant argue with that reasoning.
Aug 2, 2014 6:40 PM

Jan 2014
Shino, easily. She's hot, badass and already has a more interesting backstory than any other character in SAO. And did I mention that she's hawt?

And what has Asuna to offer in comparison? She's prone to tentacle rape, has her cooking skill maximized and... It think that already sums up everything that needs to be said here.
Aug 2, 2014 6:44 PM

Apr 2012
Is this even a question?
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Aug 2, 2014 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
After the latest episode I've realized that there is no possible way Sinon can keep up with Asuna and on top of it all I already don't like her personality too much. She takes the game way too seriously and she acts just like 90% of all anime girls. You're a guy so they automatically bash and slap. Its seriously getting to be so old and lame.

Honestly I don't care about Sinon at all. It all boils down to wanting to hold a gun which is really weird seeing as how she lives in Japan and they are illegal anyway. I'm from USA and I'm not a big gun nut. People with an obsession with guns have always kinda weirded me out since guns are only good for one thing, killing and hurting.
WesshumazingAug 2, 2014 7:07 PM
You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.

Bruce Lee
Aug 2, 2014 7:24 PM

Nov 2013
I dunno. A hot rich girl playing a MMO or someone using a virtual reality gun game as therapy.

Yea, Sinon sounds more fun.
Aug 2, 2014 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
need more sinon doujinshi before we can decide that
Aug 2, 2014 7:31 PM

Aug 2008
opondica said:
LastChapter said:

Because the author doesn't treat his characters with any respect. If he's not going to, then how can the audience expect to?
Aug 2, 2014 8:00 PM

Aug 2013
Mmm, too hard to tell so far. I don't have any particular attachment to each other so far, so if Sinon grow on me, I guess I'll go for Sinon.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 2, 2014 8:10 PM

Oct 2013
Definitely Klein. Too bad he's not on the poll. I'll just choose Sinon.
Aug 2, 2014 8:10 PM

Aug 2014
The nurse.
Aug 2, 2014 8:44 PM

Apr 2013
edwd2 said:
need more sinon doujinshi before we can decide that

Best answer!
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Aug 2, 2014 8:45 PM

Apr 2013
y123y said:
The nurse.

I take that back, it's a tie!
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Aug 2, 2014 9:09 PM
Mar 2012
hyperknees91 said:
opondica said:

Because the author doesn't treat his characters with any respect. If he's not going to, then how can the audience expect to?
It's not the author's fault at all, like I said, it's A-1's fault for cutting all the details and only keep the bare minimum. She's fleshed out very well in the novels, even more so in Mother's Rosario and Progressive.
Aug 2, 2014 9:16 PM

Jul 2012
zetsubousei_hero said:
Not a fan of either.
Aug 2, 2014 9:16 PM
Jul 2014
Asuna.

I hate how Sinon become so hostile to Kirito after discovering that he was a dude.

It really put a mark on her character.

Asuna didn't discriminate.
Aug 2, 2014 10:37 PM
Jun 2014
asuna is the better waifu and sinon is the better character but kirito rules them all
Aug 3, 2014 12:19 AM
Aug 2012
I allways loved Sinon, she is also pretty much like me in MMO.
Aug 3, 2014 12:22 AM

Feb 2013
TheSonicohxk said:
Asuna. I'm going to explain why. Mind you, I read the light novels long before the anime, and with SAO that really affects your judgment.

Asuna: In the light novels she's the strongest female lead, maybe the only one. She's stated explicitly to be in pair with Kirito.
In fact, she's way faster than Kirito, that's why she earned her title "The Flash". It's said that in a duel, Asuna would probably win over him.
Why? Kirito gets stronger in the most important moments. While Asuna is all like that all the time. Same reason why Kirito was kind of afraid of her.
And please remember, SAO was her first game.

I think it's safe to say that Asuna is "Badass".
Sadly, the anime didn't show too much of that side of her.
Even in the light novels, lots of important stuff about her comes AFTER GGO's arc. Probably we'll see it animated, in Mother Rosario arc.
Now, back to the anime. The anime despict her in a more... girly way. As the heroin of the story, the MC's girl.

Sinon: She's your traumatized character. As "Sinon" she's kinda cold and thinks fast. That's why she's such a good sniper. The visual acuity rating for both of her eyes in real life are 2.0, which is twice as good as the average person.
As a character still in development, we see her getting stronger.
And as a perk from being in a gun's game, she looks badass in each fight. Of course, her real life character differs a lot from her game's counter part. However, later she kinda adopts her Sinon form in real life.

That's the basic layout of this.
Asuna is despicted as the loving, yet strong soulmate of our MC. In the anime, she's more your typical heroin. That kinda sucks.
Sinon is your girl in development, which has 2 sides of her. One kinda sucks, while the other is BADASS. Of course, she also has her <<LITTLE SPOILER>> lovely moments with Kirito <<LITTLE SPOILER>>

But remember Asuna is always the same, either real life or in a game. She'll even had the spotlight in the second course of the anime. And trust me, if everything goes the same it's been until now, she'll SHINE!

And in Alicization she's gets only better, at least in comparisong with GGO.

I don't think i'm wrong thinking about it like this, since Kirito it's in love in Asuna, even with that nice Harem of his.

So seriously people, read the light novels or at least wait till the anime is over. You'll see Asuna in a different way. Maybe as she was supposed to be seen to begin with. I mean, at least I, from the moment I saw her in SAO I thought "That gurl's going places!".

And she's Kirito's waifu and Yui's mama. n.n

I still love Sinon, don't get me wrong. But I am sure of priorities here.

You said everything. I love you.

Aug 3, 2014 12:34 AM

Aug 2013
Sinon. She's the sole reason of why i'm still watching SAO
Aug 3, 2014 12:34 AM
Jul 2014
gissellebatista said:

You said everything. I love you.

I've read the light novel, and I even know the end of Alicization already from the web novel.
And well, I still prefers Sinon to Asuna.
She's nice, cute, doesn't mind helping others, and well, I don't know what else, I simply like her personality.
Aug 3, 2014 12:37 AM

Jul 2013
Asuna. I'm going to explain why. Mind you, I read the light novels long before the anime, and with SAO that really affects your judgment.

Asuna: In the light novels she's the strongest female lead, maybe the only one. She's stated explicitly to be in pair with Kirito.
In fact, she's way faster than Kirito, that's why she earned her title "The Flash". It's said that in a duel, Asuna would probably win over him.
Why? Kirito gets stronger in the most important moments. While Asuna is all like that all the time. Same reason why Kirito was kind of afraid of her.
And please remember, SAO was her first game.

I think it's safe to say that Asuna is "Badass".
Sadly, the anime didn't show too much of that side of her.
Even in the light novels, lots of important stuff about her comes AFTER GGO's arc. Probably we'll see it animated, in Mother Rosario arc.
Now, back to the anime. The anime despict her in a more... girly way. As the heroin of the story, the MC's girl.

Sinon: She's your traumatized character. As "Sinon" she's kinda cold and thinks fast. That's why she's such a good sniper. The visual acuity rating for both of her eyes in real life are 2.0, which is twice as good as the average person.
As a character still in development, we see her getting stronger.
And as a perk from being in a gun's game, she looks badass in each fight. Of course, her real life character differs a lot from her game's counter part. However, later she kinda adopts her Sinon form in real life.

That's the basic layout of this.
Asuna is despicted as the loving, yet strong soulmate of our MC. In the anime, she's more your typical heroin. That kinda sucks.
Sinon is your girl in development, which has 2 sides of her. One kinda sucks, while the other is BADASS. Of course, she also has her <<LITTLE SPOILER>> lovely moments with Kirito <<LITTLE SPOILER>>

But remember Asuna is always the same, either real life or in a game. She'll even had the spotlight in the second course of the anime. And trust me, if everything goes the same it's been until now, she'll SHINE!

And in Alicization she's gets only better, at least in comparisong with GGO.

I don't think i'm wrong thinking about it like this, since Kirito it's in love in Asuna, even with that nice Harem of his.

So seriously people, read the light novels or at least wait till the anime is over. You'll see Asuna in a different way. Maybe as she was supposed to be seen to begin with. I mean, at least I, from the moment I saw her in SAO I thought "That gurl's going places!".

And she's Kirito's waifu and Yui's mama. n.n

I still love Sinon, don't get me wrong. But I am sure of priorities here.

EDITED:
SORRY, I DELETED BY ACCIDENT! xD

Oh yea, and in the web novel. Remeber Kuradeel? The guy who almost kill Asuna and Kirito, so Kirito finished him? Asuna didn't hesitate and actually killed him herself.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki, Houtarou
Aug 3, 2014 12:42 AM

Jul 2008
I like Sinon a little bit more than Asuna :)

For people who didn't read the manga, their first choice would probably be Asuna as they don't know Sinon enough yet :D
Aug 3, 2014 12:50 AM

Dec 2012

I didn't read any of the novels but I feel like the anime does show her strength in very small doses, at least enough for me to be able to tell that she's a good character, I'm hoping in season 2 they show more of her after GGO which at this present moment is kid of a let down, though the last moment in the last episode was kind of exciting.
Aug 3, 2014 12:58 AM
Mar 2012
ShanaFlame said:
For people who didn't read the manga, their first choice would probably be Asuna as they don't know Sinon enough yet :D
Manga, alright.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.