Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2014 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fueguchi <3

Looks like another main character introduced. Awesome. She's a bit shy though. Action was decent this episode and Kureo Mado is awesome. Not that I doubt though with his experience.

Jul 17, 2014 8:23 AM

Oct 2013
Censorship is the worst thing ever. The sad thing is that it will probably just lead to an increase in the manga sales, which just prompts other adaptations to do the same.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Jul 17, 2014 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
I wonder if they will remove this censor from the BD:
Jul 17, 2014 8:32 AM

Oct 2012
Seems like they are merging two arc's together. Not really sure how well this is gonna turn out. Not a bad episode though, bar all the censoring. Liked the new ED art.
Jul 17, 2014 8:35 AM

Jul 2013
oh well, censoring again...

guess i'll rewatch the uncensored one later...
for those wondering what she is eating... it is human meat with finger as french fries (at least what i know from manga)

found it

also, quote from the wide internet:
"In most anime, when a male MC accidentally walks in on a girl, he sees her naked.
In this anime, when the male MC accidentally walks in on a girl, he sees her eating a corpse.
I like this show."

also, it seems they are putting the beginning of multiple arcs together o_o
so far we got CCG and gourmet. also, they added anime only scenes of CCG...
still hoping for 24 episodes

oh by the way, anyone who is interested in uta's tatoo across his neck, it's Nec possum tecum vivere, nec sine te.
- Martial, Epigrams XII, 47
translated as "I can live neither with you, nor without you."

basically the general relationship of ghouls and humans
UrekJul 17, 2014 11:28 AM
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jul 17, 2014 8:56 AM
Oct 2012
I have to say, this one much better than the last week.
Good job. The cens part is not that bad
Jul 17, 2014 9:16 AM

Apr 2014
Best anime of 2014 right here.
Jul 17, 2014 9:37 AM

Apr 2011
New girl kawaii! Purple haired guy is there.
Jul 17, 2014 9:43 AM

May 2012
The slow times of Tokyo ghoul.

Okay episode. A lot of development towards Ken trying to learn how to be a ghoul. We get to see Hinami and her mother. Also get to see Yomo and Uta. Uta looks even more cool in the anime. No action scenes. The purple hair dude with the suit is at the end. Seems like they are going to try and merge to arcs together. My fears of this being rushed is growing stronger. Can't wait to see next episode.

3/5.
Jul 17, 2014 9:45 AM

Jun 2013
New character at the end there. It's nice that Kaneki has met Hinami who is sort of in the same boat as him in a way and are both not sure how to cope as a Ghoul yet. The owner of the cafe is really nice too. But i still feel like he is hiding something.
Douglas24Jul 17, 2014 9:48 AM
Jul 17, 2014 9:46 AM

Jun 2009
uta yomo and blue haired in one ep came earlyier than tought they would but still like it
UTA ;D
Jul 17, 2014 9:53 AM

Jun 2014
Nice progression, good character dynamics and I just love this anime so far. Definitely rising up to my personal favourites. I need more!

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jul 17, 2014 9:55 AM
Feb 2013
Shu has arrived
Jul 17, 2014 9:56 AM

Dec 2011
Wow, they are really rushing through chapters.
I feel that Yomo's introduction could have taken a bit more longer.
It was nice seeing Uta. I kind of imagined his voice a bit different, but it sounds great.
Hinami is cute. I thought that the part where she was eating was more powerful in manga. Also, the censorship lol
And we got to see Tsukiyama yay~ And omg he's voiced by Miyano Mamoru!
But aside that, it's a great adaptation. The animation is awesome. They're skipping some stuff from manga though, but overall, anime is great.
OG-3Jul 17, 2014 10:08 AM
Jul 17, 2014 9:57 AM

Aug 2007
Not bad at all. Doves are now harrassing ghouls looking for Jason I guess. Which I assume might lead to Kaneki since Jason look like he was fighting Rize at the start. Nice of how he made nice of the other person who reminds of himself also. Well this felt like a set up episode and I hope it does lead that way. Kaneki has the potenitial of fighting of what was shown last week even if it was mostly defending mechanism and I'm curious on how well he would fare against the Doves.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 17, 2014 10:02 AM
Jul 2014
This is interesting with merging thingy going on, let's see how this ends up.
The episode is good for itself though, 4/5 right there!
Jul 17, 2014 10:04 AM

Oct 2013
Wow that was very good. Amazing to see the two worlds mashed up and how the ghouls cope with humans.
Jul 17, 2014 10:05 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ep ^^ They covered quite a bit but I thought it was done well :D

Didn't expect to see that crazy bastard Tsukiyama this early on though lol XD Miyano will surely do him justice with his fabulous voice XDXDXD

Hide is acting like nothing happened. Such a good friend ^^

Mado's craziness is awesome to see XD The Doves still think Rize is alive hehe

Lol'd at how nonchalantly Yomo told Ken to be careful u'll fall and then he just fell XD

Loved seeing Touka's tsuntsun act when she refused to go with Ken on her only day off XD Then threatening him of not being late XD
They took out that she came late about 2 hours but oh well XD

Uta is awesome, loved his conversation with Ken. Dat eyeball licking lol XD Can't wait to see Ken's mask >.<

Hinami is kawaiii <3 They didn't really need to censor her meal though <_< It was just some fingers and human steak :P
Loved how they got along after talking about books ^^ those were some sweet interactions :3 Dat smile was adorable and Touka's reaction to them getting along was nice ^^

Love the pics used in the ED
Jul 17, 2014 10:10 AM

Jan 2013
So much going on in this episode...almost too much. But despite that I'm still enjoying this immensely. The way it plays out it feels like a good slow building mystery horror.

Uta guy really cool, also liking Toka's character a lot. I wonder if her and Kaneki will ever become friends.

Jul 17, 2014 10:11 AM

May 2013
Good episode. Can't wait to see Kaneki's mask. A little bit freaky there with Hinami eating.
Jul 17, 2014 10:15 AM
Jan 2014
I really like Yoshimura, he totally understands Ken's situation. Touka in the other hand is like the direct opposite. It's fun to watch Touka scare the heck out of Ken though.

That food shopping trip was interesting. Altough Renji should have told Ken not to lean against the fence a bit sooner. It was funny to see him fall. We got to see how the Anteiki gather their food supply.

Uta's another interesting character. He is good at surprising people, it seems. I'm sure the mask he will prepare for Ken is going to be awesome.

It was cool to see both Kureo and Koutarou doing business together.

Hinami is cute, but not so much while she is eating. Lol, Ken got freaked out again.
Though when he brought her the coffee, they got along. Hinami was pretty shy at the beginning.

Way to end the episode, just as Shuu walks into the Anteiku cafe the weirdest way possible.
Jul 17, 2014 10:16 AM

Feb 2011
This episode barely had any gore and it was still heavy censored.
This is getting to my nerves.
Jul 17, 2014 10:17 AM

Mar 2014
Aweome ep but like many, cant stand the censorship. Great setup, Tohka smiling and her behaviour before the blue haired guy entered ... i was like... woaaaah , a TSUNDERE???? Not that i dont get it that this may not end up like any cliche story, but anyway. Cant wait to see who that blue haired guy was. 5/5 this one too, the pace is still amazing.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jul 17, 2014 10:18 AM
Sep 2012
Well they added the gourmet in pretty early, im just gonna hope that they know what they are doing.

Overall it was a pretty slow episode, though i think its going to pick up next week.
Jul 17, 2014 10:22 AM

Jan 2013
Dropped until the BDs come out. The censoring is unbearable.
Jul 17, 2014 10:22 AM

Feb 2013
I already loved Mado in the manga but Ookawa Tooru made him even more awesome (even if I have to think about Puchimas! and JoJo).
I can't complain about the censoring since they've done it to this kind of show for years (and I'm going to watch the BD Version later on anyway).
It also seems like this will be really just 12 Episodes but I'm still hoping for at least 24 Episodes.

Jul 17, 2014 10:28 AM

Jul 2013
they animated around 4 chapters á 20 pages material now, so 80 pages in total, compared to the beginning it is less rushed (first episode covered around 120 pages of material)
current LN reading:
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jul 17, 2014 10:33 AM
Mar 2013
Yohimura seems like he genuinely wants to help Kaneki, but i get the feeling he expects something of him. Not sure what exactly that is though.

Toka's a bit late about hiding the ghouls from Hide. I hope she doesn't end up killing him later on. I doubt it though. Uta is an interesting character. It felt like I was watching a salon dresser or something ^^

I can already tell Mado is going to awesome. He looks crazy but he's the type who has a method to his madness.
Jul 17, 2014 10:43 AM

Feb 2012
ugh...time to go through all the motions again

"You're useless and I hate you!"

"I'm useless but I want to become more helpful!"

*redeems himself inadvertently*

3/5
Jul 17, 2014 10:45 AM

Jul 2013
They're really going all out with the set-up huh? That anime-original bit with Hinami's family at the beginning, the Aogiri hideout in the conference, Amon and Mado hunting ghouls and Kaneki's talk with Uta about Touka. I have to say I'm liking the changes they've done so far since it didn't take any enjoyment out of the show for me despite having read the manga already.

Looks like the arts in the ED will be changed for each episode, nice though the images in this ep didn't really go well with the song lol.

Jul 17, 2014 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
I really fell in love with this anime. Story so far seems quite descent and not rushed. Each character looks special. But the censorship, especially in this episode ruins it all.. Come on what's the point of blood/gore anime if you can't even see that? I feel disappointed, that if you want to see normal, uncensored version you've got to wait for the BD release.
Jul 17, 2014 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
It was another great episode.

Uta is one interesting character.

Mado and his pal are continuing to take the the ghouls.
Jul 17, 2014 11:04 AM

Dec 2013
Decent episode. The censorship wasn't as bad as last week and the two doves are interesting. 4/5
Jul 17, 2014 11:09 AM

Jun 2012
Another good episode. The censoring is a shame but I still enjoy the series regardless. Wonder what role the purple-haired guy is gonna serve.
Jul 17, 2014 11:11 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty good episode. The young girl is cute except for being a ghoul. That censoring though. Oh and Kaneki, hope he gets that purple haired girl. Shes kinda cute too. Can't wait to see what happens after that big blue haired dude walks into the door. And what will happen after the doves meet with the 20th ward HQ.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jul 17, 2014 11:12 AM

Feb 2014
Like that crazed dove. The purple haired guy, is probably gonna be a smasher of a ghoul.

Feb 2014
Pretty crap episode, I loved the first one and found the second one decent but I simply could did not like this one. The main character is getting on my nerves already as he is so bland and pathetic.

Aug 2008
Oh, I love how they change the ED pictures every week!
Jul 17, 2014 11:13 AM

Jun 2013
Man, do I have to get the blue ray when its out just to see the unnecessary censorship? But I have to say that the ghouls in the 20th district acts more "human" then the doves. Not much action this episode but from my experience,I know shit is about to go down once you see a man walk in with a abnormally colored suit.
Jul 17, 2014 11:13 AM

Jul 2013
random quote from the internet:

"In most anime, when a male MC accidentally walks in on a girl, he sees her naked.
In this anime, when the male MC accidentally walks in on a girl, he sees her eating a corpse.
I like this show."
current LN reading:
translated here
Jul 17, 2014 11:14 AM

Apr 2013
Yeah this confirms it.. I'm gonna finish Tokyo Ghoul and re-watch it without censors.. this shit is unbearable.
Jul 17, 2014 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
Urek said:
random quote from the internet:

I like this show."

lol the first one can even be applied to akame ga kill's third episode.
Jul 17, 2014 11:20 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Kaneki teaching Hinami :) I like how although he was shocked by seeing her eat, he still tried to apologize and then even found something he had in common with her. Hinami seems quite taken with Kaneki. And also because of that, I think Touka's being less harsh with Kaneki as well. He's ever so slowly adapting. And look who just walked in...didn't think we'd see him this early. Btw, love Uta! :D He's so funny when he scared Kaneki lol.
Jul 17, 2014 11:25 AM

Jan 2008
Glad they didnt show them 'packing' the dead guy. My dad goes hunting a lot and when we have to gut the catch, that's too much for me.

And that ending scene. Touka is afraid of birds? Is that because of those Dove guys?
Jul 17, 2014 11:29 AM

Feb 2009
This episode was very good, although I thought the animation was a little better last episode but OK. And censorship is really starting to be a pain in the ass.

But since people are saying they are skipping too much stuff I guess I should start reading the manga now...

Also Hinami and the other girl didn't appear in the opening, but at least Hinami seems like an important character. I wonder why is that.
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Jul 17, 2014 11:33 AM

Jul 2013
Danniel said:
This episode was very good, although I thought the animation was a little better last episode but OK. And censorship is really starting to be a pain in the ass.

But since people are saying they are skipping too much stuff I guess I should start reading the manga now...

Also Hinami and the other girl didn't appear in the opening, but at least Hinami seems like an important character. I wonder why is that.

i wont spoil, just wait 1-2 more episodes
current LN reading:
translated here
Jul 17, 2014 11:33 AM

Sep 2013
Great episode like always.

Hinami is one of the most adorablests things ever and that comes from someone who doesn't like kids at all. Also Touka is so cute when she smiles.

I hate how they censor everything. Too bad that this show is really good, if it wasn't for that I would've waited untill the BD version came out and watch that instead.
Jul 17, 2014 11:38 AM

May 2012
eXtacy67 said:
Pretty crap episode, I loved the first one and found the second one decent but I simply could did not like this one. The main character is getting on my nerves already as he is so bland and pathetic.

You should drop it. MC never changes from his bland and pathetic state.
Jul 17, 2014 11:49 AM

Mar 2010
One of my favorite things about the manga has always been the character dynamics and interactions between the cast. I'm really glad that the anime adapted that part wonderfully. Subtle things like Kenaki tutoring Hinami which broaden his and the watcher/readers connection to the ghouls and plot is hallmarks of great storytelling.

eXtacy67 said:

Yeah, he's not Gary Stu enough amiright? *rolleyes*
Iron_MawJul 17, 2014 12:00 PM
Jul 17, 2014 11:56 AM

Oct 2008
Oh god Touka grinds my gears pretty hard -_-
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

859 by WarlockGames17 »»
Feb 2, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.