Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2014 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They didn't waste any time with the torture this episode...

We see more of Kaneki and Hide's past as well but in the finale, really? Also, we get some mindfuck with Rize again. Honestly, this should of happened in another episode. Too bad it also means we won't be seeing the
fight in this case.

But seriously holy shit, the "Rize" and Kaneki moments dragged forever this episode. At least White Haired Kaneki is badass....still rushed as fuck. Will we get a season 2 in the future? I kinda doubt it.

Stark700Sep 18, 2014 8:32 AM
Sep 18, 2014 8:30 AM

Apr 2009
oh wow, they end the anime just like they end the manga.

completely out of nowhere and with absolutely no closure
Sep 18, 2014 8:35 AM

Jul 2014
Despite some drags and changes on Kaneki and Rize's moments, I'm still glad they adapted this part right.

So now we wait for Season 2 announcement.
And I still hate you Pierrot. Both the studio and the group.
Maya24Sep 18, 2014 8:41 AM
Sep 18, 2014 8:41 AM

Nov 2012
is it cliffhanger or shit rush?
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 18, 2014 8:41 AM

Dec 2013
I never read the manga.

Watching the live raw, I kept hearing Kaneki's 'mom' being mentioned. May I know the significance of her?

TBH, I am just disappointed with the ending. What happened to the others in episode 11? It just leaves me wondering - unless I read the manga.

Since I heard that the anime is adapted horribly from the manga, should I give the manga a try? I heard it just ended.
Sep 18, 2014 8:44 AM

Jul 2014
funtimesayshi said:
I never read the manga.

Watching the live raw, I kept hearing Kaneki's 'mom' being mentioned. May I know the significance of her?

TBH, I am just disappointed with the ending. What happened to the others in episode 11? It just leaves me wondering - unless I read the manga.

Since I heard that the anime is adapted horribly from the manga, should I give the manga a try? I heard it just ended.

I suggest you wait for the subs to come out so that you'll understand more about Kaneki's mom there. Also those two people were just random. Kaneki only knew them when they cleaned up Yamori's mess on Ep 11.

Please give the manga a try, I beg of you.
Maya24Sep 18, 2014 8:49 AM
Sep 18, 2014 8:45 AM

Jul 2013
sigh... a cliffhanger ending, as i expected...

i dont want any pierrots dealing with this again >_<

for those wondering whether they should read the manga instead...
DO IT.
NOW.

anime is 6/10, maybe a 7/10... but manga is easily 11/10 for me.
i suggest you reading from the start. though, for the impatient of you guys... i suggest with starting this arc, so, chapter 47 (with juuzo's introdution)

if you want to read the tortue scene... chapter 61.

EDIT: well, after rewatching it subbed at least they included them all the scenes they skipped it last time... Shuhei Morita, the director, FTW...

this is the start of the action scene in the manga
http://bato.to/read/_/245201/tokyo-ghoul_v7_ch64_by_twisted-hel-scans/10
leg breaking scene
UrekSep 18, 2014 1:03 PM
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Sep 18, 2014 8:50 AM

Sep 2014
Where did you guys watch the final episode?
Sep 18, 2014 9:21 AM

Jul 2014
So, no one eyed ghoul? But but but I was waiting for him to finally appear! I've been trolled...
Ok, this was... bad. Bear in mind that I haven't read the manga. Someone said that this anime was made to boost the manga sales. Well, after THIS, I DON'T WANT to read the manga.

I already know that Kaneki grows and becomes a badass, that Rize is not "inside" Kaneki, but some kind of part of his personality, that he is tortured and his hair turns white. I know that ghouls don't necessarily need to kill people, but can eat corpses from accidents and suicides. I know that Nishiki, bad guy, turns good guy, literally eats his girlfriend and survives the battle with Tsukiyama trying to protect her. I know that Hinami's mother is killed in front of her and her dad is killed the same day. I know that Tsukiyama plans to eat Kaneki, and that he survives that battle by eating himself (must love that guy). I know that Hide knows about Kaneki and doesn't confront him about it (something I actually expected). I know that Mado dies, and a cute, small, psycho kid is actually an awesome killing machine.

I mean, how many chapters this anime covers? 70-80? More? I don't want to read the manga, because that's 70-80 of spoiled material. And the surprises are part of the story. I don't want to read it just to know how much better it could have been.
It had pretty visuals (even with the censor) and good music (I'm quite in-love with the OP). But that's... it? It was somewhat interesting, but it was freaking confusing. The story was all over the place, thrilling, but no motives, no connection. Most of the characters felt kind of just thrown in, with no introduction whatsoever. I don't even remember the name of half of them. Maybe I'm insensitive, but I couldn't really feel sorry for Kaneki (ok, except this last episode), or Hinami, or Mado. Not enough Uta.

It had so much potential! I haven't watched that many animes, so I'm easy to impress. The idea of "ghouls" was interesting. The "kagunes" even more so. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was more than that. Initially this looked so awesome, and people were so ecstatic, that I became excited myself. Now I'm disappointed, because it still was interesting and I can't hate it. Conflicting feelings suck. Maybe I'll pick the manga, AFTER it finishes and AFTER I forget everything I've seen here...
I'm sad now.
royal said:
Where did you guys watch the final episode?

nyaa
Sep 18, 2014 9:29 AM
Oct 2012
then ended, huh?

many things bothered me in the anime, since the constant attempt to put the Rize as a second personality in Kaneki always that him felt hungry or something, And the fact that they cut trajectories and events
Sep 18, 2014 9:52 AM

Apr 2014
Much like the manga it ended in the most abrupt out of no where fashion.
Sep 18, 2014 9:53 AM

Nov 2007
Seriously it ended at that part?.... I'm disappointed words can't describe it...
Sep 18, 2014 9:54 AM

Dec 2013
Maya24 said:
I suggest you wait for the subs to come out so that you'll understand more about Kaneki's mom there. Also those two people were just random. Kaneki only knew them when they cleaned up Yamori's mess on Ep 11.

Please give the manga a try, I beg of you.

Alright, thanks!
Sep 18, 2014 10:03 AM

Apr 2014
Damn that centipede scene where both of them were laughing was creepy as fuck..ugghhhh getting chills lol
Sep 18, 2014 10:07 AM

Sep 2011
Terribly rushed in every way possible throughout thick and thin. I wish I could throw this adaptation out the window of ever being made. 5/10 for me.

I find it pretty funny how they didn't even END the arc. They just sat there at the torture place for the whole goddamn episode. Well played, Perriot, trolling everyone.
TyrelSep 18, 2014 12:19 PM
Sep 18, 2014 10:08 AM

Apr 2008
This was every bit the trainwreck ending I expected it to be.
Sep 18, 2014 11:06 AM

May 2010
After reading just 20 chapters of the manga it kinda ruined the anime for me cause there are soo many little changes. the anime is a mess.
Sep 18, 2014 11:41 AM
Jul 2014
Wish that it would have covered the Ayato fight scene and actually finish the arc. Needs a continuation to actually complete the story and bring some closure. Don't really expect anything though. 4/5 for the episode. Generous 7/10 for the anime adaptation, honestly if I wasn't into the manga I would have probably given it a 6/10.
Sep 18, 2014 11:56 AM

Apr 2014
Have never read the manga, but this felt really rushed. Did not like the adaptation, 2/5 for the episode, 5/10 for the whole thing.
Sep 18, 2014 12:06 PM

Jan 2014
I was wondering how much they'd have to rush through this episode to give a 'proper' cliffhanger. Answer, not at all. Let's just cut off right in the middle of the arc, lmao. They at least gave the torture scene more attention and we could see our little friend, Centipede again <3.

Meh.
Sep 18, 2014 12:15 PM

Apr 2014
Still waiting for this pile of garbage adaptation on kissanime or any other sites.
From the looks of it.It was a horrendous disappointment.
#READTHEMANGA do yourself a favor.

Looking back why did Pierrot even took Episode 8 seriously with proper pacing and only to Ruin the most Awaited arc of all.
They should have rushed the previous arcs and only to redeem itself with Proper white hair kaneki.
That's the only part I cared about.I wouldn't give a shit if they ruin the other parts.
JUST GET THE MOST IMPORTANT PART RIGHT! YOU HAD ONE JOB PIERROT! ONE JOB.

BYE! KANEKI YOU ARE SO RUINED FROM THE ANIME ADAPTATION.
NeutralSideSep 18, 2014 12:19 PM

Sep 18, 2014 12:24 PM

May 2013
Good chapter. Love that ending with Kaneki eating him. I hope this gets another season after this episode.
Sep 18, 2014 12:35 PM

Feb 2013
What the fuck kind of ending was that
Sep 18, 2014 12:35 PM

Apr 2008
torridestcheese said:
Kaneki turning badass was awesome. He beat the shit out of Yamori. Better have a second season coming soon!

Sucks to be you
Sep 18, 2014 12:39 PM

Sep 2008
This is seriously the last episode?
There will be no 13 episode in next week?
OVA? Special?
There really want end this series like this?
Maybe there will be second season since manga is finished?
This anime should have 24 episode.

After OP and promo picture...
I waited for white haired Kaneki,
and when I finally got it this in last moments of final episode...
I just don't believe... -.-
Sep 18, 2014 12:40 PM

Oct 2013
hahhaha 2 min of badass Kaneki
F..k u Pierot F..k U
Sep 18, 2014 12:40 PM

Jan 2014
seems like we won't see anything from owl
Sep 18, 2014 12:44 PM

Nov 2012
that was no closure lol this ep should have been like the ep 10 and at least we could have a decent ending.
Sep 18, 2014 12:44 PM

Mar 2014
I don't know why everyone hated this episode... I thought it was amazing...
It is kind of a cliffhanger though, but I'm glad they properly did the torture scenes instead of rush it like I thought they were gonna by just leaving it at the scenes shown for .5 seconds in episode 11.
Hopefully there will be a season 2 so it won't be a cliffhanger anymore.
Sep 18, 2014 12:46 PM

Aug 2007
I'm glad they kept some of the torture stuff but did they seriously end the ep right there? The arc isn't over yet. >.> They should have cut out some of the whole Rize stuff that is such a bad place to end it. No second season announcement either. Yeah a trainwreck I'm a little disappointed with this.

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 18, 2014 12:49 PM

Oct 2008
That was a pretty bad ending, nothing was resolved. He just went crazy and the end? I hope they make another season or something, but I think there was an announcement that the manga ending so I guess that wont be happening.
Sep 18, 2014 12:50 PM
May 2013
Well that was a disappointment. Expected more action.

Sep 18, 2014 12:51 PM
Sep 2013
Well time to read the manga. Wasn't a bad episode. Teasing of white haired Kaneki near the end with the music was nice touch. I waited and didn't feel disappointed with the badass he turned into. Sad that it wasn't a 24 episode series but can really only count this a fanservice to a read the manga = greatness effect.

Jan 2014
I liked that Kaneki turned total badass at the end but the whole anime felt really rushed to me, coming from someone who hasn't read the manga. 7/10 needs closure.

Jul 2014
Iktoro99 said:
Did they have a potato to produce this episode? Because it looks like that

This episode was nothing but a huge mess. I expected them to tie the knot, not to just end everything in the middle of the story!

3/10 for this episode, 6/10 for the whole show. It looked promising, but it turned out to be a disappointment.

Hopefully the manga is better

The manga is shit, please don't read it. That being said, great episode.
Sep 18, 2014 12:52 PM

Nov 2013
This was the biggest let down of the summer.
This dragged to much all that talking should have been last episode and should have just been pure carnage for the finale.
Second season; kind of want it just for the action scenes but I doubt it.
The song for the fight scene felt so out of place.
This episode no this series was just a mess.

Jul 2014
These particular events should of happened two episodes ago.

Loved the character development on Kaneki and how he got to that point (the end of previous episode).

With that said..is this it? really?

Are we really sure there isn't a 13th episode? Because I can't believe they let it end like that.

Oct 2013
I need season 2 now!! Well I'm off to read the manga. XD
Sep 18, 2014 12:54 PM

Oct 2011
Mannn they rush everything else but make the talk with rize drag on the entire episode. Really wanted to see the part right after with ayato :(
Sep 18, 2014 12:55 PM
Jul 2018
Oh, That Cliffhanger...
Sep 18, 2014 12:55 PM
Jan 2014
So cool.
Much rush.
Very Pierrot. Wow...

To be honest I'm glad this trainwreck adaptation is now over. All the mish-mashing of the arcs, skimped character exposition, terrible pacing and mediocre animation quality totally wrecked Tokyo Ghoul's image. The manga is beyond comparison to this garbage.

This doesn't need a SEQUEL, it needs a REBOOT by a DIFFERENT STUDIO!

5/10 for this PoS just because I'm generous, although 4/10 would be ideal... Thanks for the awesome OP though.
ResidentSep 18, 2014 1:00 PM
Sep 18, 2014 12:58 PM

Aug 2010
Tbh as a manga reader I loved this episode so much!! DAT Cliffhanger!!! They actually did what I wished for when I knew the anime is ruined and at least gave the torture part justice.

Explaining the torture and the centipede XD Even showing Ken take out the centipede at the end ready to eat Jason like a BOSS!! :D

Loved the monologue and the Rize temptation so much!! And "What's wrong is this world" gave me goosebumps >.<!

I don't get why manga readers are hating this? It was actually pretty well done. Far Exceeded my expectations that's for sure ^^

And KanaHana is <3
Sep 18, 2014 1:00 PM

Feb 2014
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, the torture scene was awesome, the ending wasn't that great. The pacing and the animation on this series were a bit all over the place but I still loved it. 9/10, just because the torture scene was actually really good. I had fun and that's what matters.

A bit sad they didn't adapt the "half-kill" scene.
llcruzSep 18, 2014 1:03 PM
Sep 18, 2014 1:01 PM

Dec 2010
Oh wow I thought the ending was amazing, surprised to see so many people here bitching about it. Anyways, can't wait for next season.
Sep 18, 2014 1:02 PM

Jul 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Tbh as a manga reader I loved this episode so much!! DAT Cliffhanger!!! They actually did what I wished for when I knew the anime is ruined and at least gave the torture part justice.

Explaining the torture and the centipede XD Even showing Ken take out the centipede at the end ready to eat Jason like a BOSS!! :D

Loved the monologue and the Rize temptation so much!! And "What's wrong is this world" gave me goosebumps >.<!

I don't get why manga readers are hating this? It was actually pretty well done. Far Exceeded my expectations that's for sure ^^

And KanaHana is <3

current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Sep 18, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2014
Ughhhh....the cliffhanger...

for manga readers, which chapter do I need to start picking up after finishing ep 12?

Although if this adaptation is truly as bad as some manga readers said (I need confirmations from more people) , then I might consider start from chapter 1.
Sep 18, 2014 1:05 PM

Apr 2014
NeutralSide said:
Still waiting for this pile of garbage adaptation on kissanime or any other sites.
From the looks of it.It was a horrendous disappointment.
#READTHEMANGA do yourself a favor.

Looking back why did Pierrot even took Episode 8 seriously with proper pacing and only to Ruin the most Awaited arc of all.
They should have rushed the previous arcs and only to redeem itself with Proper white hair kaneki.
That's the only part I cared about.I wouldn't give a shit if they ruin the other parts.
JUST GET THE MOST IMPORTANT PART RIGHT! YOU HAD ONE JOB PIERROT! ONE JOB.

BYE! KANEKI YOU ARE SO RUINED FROM THE ANIME ADAPTATION.

I know Quoting myself looks lame but I am here because I just watched this episode.
Oh my god! I was getting the heebee-jeebeez from watching this episode my Heart was thumping all over.Powerful episode.
That was awesome! 95% Almost exactly like the manga except for the Mother and daughter.
Good ending! I'm glad that it ended like that before they ruin the other parts with rushing.
TOO BAD WE WON"T GET AYATO VS KANEKI!?
READ THE MANGA NAO! I"M TINGLING ALL OVER!

6/10 Tokyo ghoul..WIth this episode it jumped to 8.5/10
I'm done.

Sep 18, 2014 1:06 PM

Oct 2012
WTF ending?! To end in middle of battle, wth?! It like they say we don't give a shit, go read manga.

They did pretty good job with last episode though but it wasn't enough to save this bad and rushed anime.
Having Hanazawa Kana doing this almost felt like wasted pontential.

I am glad this is over, wouldn't recommend this to anybody.

4/10 overall and only because there were some good parts in it.

Dec 2010
People complaining about it being rushed and then demanding to know why the fight scenes weren't animated? Really?

Kaneki's transition from his prior mindset to this new badass one is extremely important. "All that talking" was quite necessary, every single second of it - and well done, in my opinion. This entire season has been about Kaneki's inability to accept his new identity and how his indecisiveness has made him a spectator in all of the events up until now. But now, Kaneki has made his choice. He won't be a spectator, he'll be a participator - no, he'll shape the events that occur from now on (or so he plans to). This is all great setup for the next season, and the ending scene where he starts to eat Yamori was chilling.

The adaptation has been kinda meh for me until now, but they nailed the ending for me.

Apr 2013
haha.... this is a joke right?

i mean the episode in itself was good, but as a final episode of the series. if the series would have been good aswell and an announcement of the 2nd season at the end ok, but not like this

seeing how terrible this adapation was i am not expecting a second season.

usually i go over points of series in the thread of the last episode and rate it but i don't even feel like it

no idea 5/10? 6/10? maybe i dunno...

i heard madhouse is done with hunter x hunter. so you know maybe....
xSanoxSep 18, 2014 1:13 PM
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

859 by WarlockGames17 »»
Feb 2, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.