Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 17, 2014 4:29 AM

Jun 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very nice episode. Got to see Obito as well which is pretty cool.
Apr 17, 2014 4:43 AM

Jan 2012
Good episode for a filler, how many filler's-flashback we have left ?when these will end and the story will get back on track.
AllenVonSteinApr 17, 2014 4:46 AM

Apr 17, 2014 4:54 AM
Aug 2013
I thought it was pretty interesting and also helped me understand the timeline a lot better. Aww young naruto and sasuke were really adorable, nostalgia from the first season. This is probably the best filler the show has ever done, but yeah I won't complain when the canon story line resumes. Which I hope is damnn soon.
watching anime was only meant to be hobby... I says whilst I neglect my studies and post on forums
Apr 17, 2014 5:28 AM

Jul 2013
Another nice episode.
Dat nostalgia. Naruto trying to hit Sasuke but failing.
Got to see Obito again.
How considerate of the third to leave the pass the same for the barrier so Itachi can check up on Sasuke..
Apr 17, 2014 5:32 AM
Dec 2013
Yugao is so beauts!
I loved and enoyed this episode so much!
Good to see Naruto and Sasuke this episode. That Obito flashback was sad, loved the soundtrack, fitted perfectly.
I loved how the Third still thinks good of Itachi and their little meeting was deep.

and one more thing... The ED song is amazinggggg <3
Apr 17, 2014 5:54 AM

Mar 2014
For a filler, that episode sure was intense. This little arc was done initially to explain more on kakashi and his back story, but now the anime seems to be tying a few loose ends. A lot of questions I had regarding the Uchiha massacre were answered. For a filler, it was pretty good.
Apr 17, 2014 5:58 AM

Jul 2013
Great episode, I'm guessing episode 361 will be the last episode because it's titled "Team Seven" according to Saiyan Island.
Ryukatsuka said:
For a filler, that episode sure was intense. This little arc was done initially to explain more on kakashi and his back story, but now the anime seems to be tying a few loose ends. A lot of questions I had regarding the Uchiha massacre were answered. For a filler, it was pretty good.
It's interesting how both the anime and manga have been tying up all the loose ends lately. Really making it feel obvious that Naruto is coming to an end.
MinagatachiApr 17, 2014 6:06 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2014 6:15 AM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode very much - it was very intense, even though so sad. I almost started crying. Fillers with Itachi and Kakashi are cool - even though I wouldn't declare that they are only fillers and that's all. These episodes actually give strength and better understanding to the cannon (let's not forget how shocked Kakashi was when he learned about Tobi's real identity: Obito!) The fate of the Uchiha is very tragic. I don't think they needed to die - I mean, there must have been some other way out. I hate Danzo, even now that hețs dead. Only because he meant good to the Konoha, that doesn't entitle him in any frigging way to take advantage of an entire clan! Not to mention that he also stole their Sharingans. For the good of the Konoha or not, he is most hateful.
Anyway, Itachi did live a very sad life... as well as Kakashi (though Kakashi's circumstances were probably for the best after being appointed Jonin leader - in this sense I am looking forward to the next episode). It was awesome when Itachi came to speak with Danzo, threatening him (with regard to Sasuke's welfare). Gosh, I really like this, even though I am really willing to go back to the canon.
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
Apr 17, 2014 6:29 AM

Jul 2013
Another nice filler episode. I do feel however that the art/animation went down though, which I didn't like.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Apr 17, 2014 7:09 AM

Nov 2011
Well, I have to say, I'm getting a bit of nostalgia this episode. Looks like they did rush through the Uchiha Massacre. I thought they would of extended some of the scenes and end with a cliffhanger or something. Then again, this more about Kakashi for the arc so I'm fine with that.

Kakashi no Jounin~
Apr 17, 2014 7:13 AM

Apr 2011
Man, I'm really digging this ending. Anyone know when the full version is being released?

As for the episode itself, it was perfect. 10 years, we just blasted through 10+ years of flashback and there is more to come. I wonder where this filler "arc" is gonna end. Maybe after showing what happens during the timeskip?
Apr 17, 2014 8:37 AM

Mar 2014
This episode was one of the best of Naruto Shippuuden, witnessing the exact story of the coup d etat and being able to see the very nature of Itachi.
Yeah he's my favorite Naruto character.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Apr 17, 2014 8:39 AM

May 2013
Itachi's sacrifice to prevent a war. The Third Hokage is a good man. Rest in Peace, Hiruzen. Obito's mask was so cool back then. So Obito was the one who invited Itachi to join akatsuki. Didn't thought about that. The final warning Itachi gave to Danzou kinda gave me chills. Kakashi is now relieved from his ANBU duties.

The massacre really was dreadful. Itachi and Obito annihilating their clan.
I hope the next episode is interesting.
Apr 17, 2014 8:51 AM

Mar 2014
very sad and interesting episode despite being a filler..I liked the scene with little Naruto and Sasuke <3
Apr 17, 2014 9:37 AM

Jan 2013
I love how they are expanding the universe while at the same time giving more depth to the some of the more important characters. The massacre was left with many questions, and this arc did an excellent job at answering those unanswered questions while keeping it interesting. I would have to say that this has been the best filler arc I have seen so far in Naruto. Kept me interested and excited.
Apr 17, 2014 9:57 AM

Jan 2014
Very good filler, Hokage Sarutobi put Danzo in his place, I just thought to my self, KARMA BITCH ! :P. I have even more respect for itachi now. Its funny because at first I hated his guts, now I love him, same with Obito.

Side Note: Does anyone agree that the Ending song should be the Opening ?
Apr 17, 2014 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
You can't help but feel bad for Itachi. Although these are filler episodes, they are still very good.
Apr 17, 2014 11:46 AM

Feb 2014
This is by far the best filler arc of Naruto Shippuden!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Apr 17, 2014 1:21 PM

Feb 2012
Dem body bags everywhere.
Apr 17, 2014 1:48 PM

May 2013
This was a really well done beautiful episode. This filler arc has been very entertaining, this is the best filler arc in Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. I laughed when we seen young Naruto and Sasuke fighting, it was nostalgic. I love how protective Itachi is over his younger brother Sasuke. I've been enjoying this filler arc, I really have been but I can't wait to get back to canon. Saiyan Island predicted that this or 361 will be the last filler episodes and I hope the prediction is right! But yeah, amazing filler episode. Best filler episode of all time for Naruto and Naruto Shippuden in my opinion. I really enjoyed it. 5/5

Apr 17, 2014 2:51 PM

Dec 2011
This is the aftermath that wasn't shown in the manga. Looks like the filler will end when we see Kakashi being the leader of Team 7.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2007
AnimeFourteenth said:
Good episode for a filler, how many filler's-flashback we have left ?when these will end and the story will get back on track.

Honestly i don't really care. These fillers have been excellent, this really solidified even more background details regarding kakashi's role in the ambu, the uchiha slaughter and him leading up to becoming a jounin leader. I am very skeptical at the fact if this is really filler or not. I have a hunch that kishimoto may of had a hand in this. It just really seems like it.

Until recently, i had no idea most of kakashi's life was spent in the ambu. I always though he was a jounin leader for most of his life. But it seems like he actually just enlisted in the jounin, shortly before training team 7. So well he may of seemed like a professional and they did mention in the canon story that kakashi always failed his students, indicating that he has been a leader for a pretty long time but apparently that isn't the truth. Kakashi is by far hirezen's top shinobi though and he truly had one of the darkest pasts.

I know alot of people are speculating that canon will return in may 1st, but it doesn't look like that to me unfortunately. I am here to state that. Their is no doubt bout the filler is heading towards the end because the next episode is kakashi and guy acting as jounin leaders. But the following episode after that "titled "team seven" speaks for it self. I am sorry guys, no canon material returning at the beginning of may. But it looks team seven might be the last episode.
ArtimesGamerApr 17, 2014 3:34 PM

Apr 17, 2014 3:55 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Yugao is back again in Kakashi's team. I think he should've considered choosing her.

Kakashi and Gai takes a walk to the Uchiha district.
That flashback.. Kid Obito trying to kiss Rin's photo..

Tobi agrees to help Itachi in the annihilation of the Uchiha with his 'conditions'.

-- "If you as much as touch Sasuke, I will pass on classified Village intel to every enemy nation."
Serves Danzo right!

Loved the interactions between Hiruzen and Itachi. Best part of this episode.

Kakashi's ANBU position changes to a Jonin Leader. :)

Apr 17, 2014 4:27 PM

Oct 2012
One of the better episodes of these fillers so far, I may be eagerly anticipating when it gets back to the manga content but the fillers haven't been disappointing while we wait.
Apr 17, 2014 6:11 PM

Dec 2012
Itachi is awesome, I can't forgive Danzo for what he did to him.
Apr 17, 2014 6:33 PM
Dec 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
Very good filler, Hokage Sarutobi put Danzo in his place, I just thought to my self, KARMA BITCH ! :P. I have even more respect for itachi now. Its funny because at first I hated his guts, now I love him, same with Obito.

Side Note: Does anyone agree that the Ending song should be the Opening ?

im with you! the ED is so good and has been in my head all morning.
Apr 17, 2014 9:45 PM
Dec 2013
itachi ;_;
Apr 18, 2014 12:55 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, the fact that Itachi was what, 14? when he killed everyone is just so horrible and sad. And it's amazing how humble he remained in front of Hiruzen despite the sacrifice he made.
Now we know how he got into Akatsuki.

I was a bit surprised how reserved Hiruzen remained after everyone was killed. I expected more emotions from him. Why couldn't he protect Itachi?
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Apr 18, 2014 1:34 AM

Jul 2013
link9us said:
AnimeFourteenth said:

Honestly i don't really care. These fillers have been excellent, this really solidified even more background details regarding kakashi's role in the ambu, the uchiha slaughter and him leading up to becoming a jounin leader. I am very skeptical at the fact if this is really filler or not. I have a hunch that kishimoto may of had a hand in this. It just really seems like it.

Until recently, i had no idea most of kakashi's life was spent in the ambu. I always though he was a jounin leader for most of his life. But it seems like he actually just enlisted in the jounin, shortly before training team 7. So well he may of seemed like a professional and they did mention in the canon story that kakashi always failed his students, indicating that he has been a leader for a pretty long time but apparently that isn't the truth. Kakashi is by far hirezen's top shinobi though and he truly had one of the darkest pasts.

I know alot of people are speculating that canon will return in may 1st, but it doesn't look like that to me unfortunately. I am here to state that. Their is no doubt bout the filler is heading towards the end because the next episode is kakashi and guy acting as jounin leaders. But the following episode after that "titled "team seven" speaks for it self. I am sorry guys, no canon material returning at the beginning of may. But it looks team seven might be the last episode.

Episode 360 - "Jonin Leader" - April 24th 2014
Episode 361 - "Team Seven" - May 8th 2014
My guess is that 361 will cover up to the start of part 1 so I think 362 will be canon.
MinagatachiApr 18, 2014 1:38 AM
Apr 18, 2014 4:09 AM
Mar 2013
Omg, i'm starting to get pissed off. I don't give a fuck what happened back then. Flashbacks and Fillers can fuck off. I want to see how the battles between Naruto, Obito etc. Will end. Half of the Naruto series is fillers and flashbacks.
Apr 18, 2014 7:26 AM

Sep 2013
Every Episode of this filler arc was amazing! Naruto would be awesome when resumes...
Apr 18, 2014 8:10 AM

Oct 2013
Lovely episode they explained alot. Love the Uchiha <3

Apr 18, 2014 11:08 AM

Jul 2007
Senninn1 said:
Omg, i'm starting to get pissed off. I don't give a fuck what happened back then. Flashbacks and Fillers can fuck off. I want to see how the battles between Naruto, Obito etc. Will end. Half of the Naruto series is fillers and flashbacks.

Well you might be disappointing because once canon returns, it won't be that long before we enter more flashbacks.

Personally i really lookforward to it though.

Apr 18, 2014 6:17 PM
Feb 2014
"Kakashi Shippuuden"
Apr 19, 2014 8:34 AM

Apr 2013
I'm honestly surprised how much i'm liking these filler episodes as I've always been against fillers in general, but when they're done right they can actually enhance the overall experience.

This episode reminded me that Naruto's story foundations are quite good. I think Kishimoto could have taken a different, more interesting turn and instead of this war, it could have expanded on the village of the Leaf, its politics and the relationship between clans.

Anyway, I was relieved to see this episode didn't focus a lot on the scenes previously shown and actually showed some cool parts (Itachi threatening Danzo was quite awesome).

Finally, I have a question. How did Itachi even obtain his mangekyou sharingan when he never killed Shisui?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Apr 19, 2014 8:39 AM
Dec 2013
geralt said:

Finally, I have a question. How did Itachi even obtain his mangekyou sharingan when he never killed Shisui?

Mangekiyo sharingan could be obtained by seeing the closest person to you die before your eyes. This means that Itachi did not have to kill Shisui in order for the Mangekyou to activate. What is most important for the activation is that the user feels the loss, which causes their brain to release a special kind of chakra that affects their optic nerves. The same goes how Obito activated his mangekyou when he saw Rin chidori'd by kakashi.
Apr 19, 2014 8:34 PM

Jul 2007
geralt said:
It could have expanded on the village of the Leaf, its politics and the relationship between clans.

Funny lol this is precisely what is going to be happening in the future of the series and something i am really looking forward to see animated.

In my opinion probably some of the best background history in the story.

Apr 20, 2014 9:50 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode.
Nice to have some relevant filler
Apr 20, 2014 11:59 AM

Jun 2011
Wow, I caught up with the series and filler is still going on.. ~.~ Anyway, pretty cool filler so far, but, I was actually expecting more of Kakashi tackling his own trauma given what's to come in the series, rather than giving more background info of what happened prior to the start of Naruto, while it's good, it's placed wrongly.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 20, 2014 12:51 PM

Oct 2011
Itachi forever T___T
Apr 21, 2014 3:56 PM

Mar 2012
This episode shows again how much Itachi cared for his brother, and it moved me again ;_;

5/5
Apr 22, 2014 10:48 PM

Jun 2008
SpiritGT said:
This is by far the best filler arc of Naruto Shippuden!

Exactly. We finally get to know more about everybody's past.
Apr 24, 2014 11:25 PM
Dec 2011
did i say that i hate DANZO.. killing him is the one good thing sasuke did... also.. the talk itachi had with 3rd hokage is awesome... it show how much they trusted each other like a one family... :3 and no matter who say what i am saying i love the compassion 3rd hokage had because of that a lot of people respected him .and i do tooo... and kakashi was shocked at the end was so sweet... as well :3 looking forward to the next episode :3
Apr 25, 2014 7:17 PM
Mar 2013
Quite an interesting episode. It was cool to see Gai's reaction to the young ninja, particularly Sasuke and Naruto ^^

And that Kakashi is a smooth one. He used Gai to cover his inspection of the Uchiha.

So now we know the deal made between Itachi and Obito and how Itachi joined the Akatsuki.
Apr 26, 2014 1:01 AM

Jul 2008
If only the Third took care of Danzo so much sooner...
Apr 27, 2014 7:08 AM

Nov 2010
So many mysteries has unveiled to me here
I've always known Itachi wouldn't have killed his own clan by himself, though letting it done by Obito is practically the same

Does Sandaime actually know what Itachi has as intel such as Shisui eyes got stolen by Danzo and such?
It would have been justified to get Danzo's faction down instead of Uchiha by following all this or was Danzo's ANBU just too strong to contain or get rid off?

Both of them are gone now anyway

lakshika said:
did i say that i hate DANZO.. killing him is the one good thing Sasuke did...

I didn't thought it was that big of a deal when it happened that time, but looking back now it sure has a great impact
Apr 28, 2014 9:18 AM
Dec 2011
1lau said:
So many mysteries has unveiled to me here
I've always known Itachi wouldn't have killed his own clan by himself, though letting it done by Obito is practically the same

Does Sandaime actually know what Itachi has as intel such as Shisui eyes got stolen by Danzo and such?
It would have been justified to get Danzo's faction down instead of Uchiha by following all this or was Danzo's ANBU just too strong to contain or get rid off?

Both of them are gone now anyway

lakshika said:
did i say that i hate DANZO.. killing him is the one good thing Sasuke did...

I didn't thought it was that big of a deal when it happened that time, but looking back now it sure has a great impact

i always hated danzo.. he even wanted naruto imprison ...that danzo.. got so many chances to change from 3rd hokage but he never ever did.!!! he is a powerful man with no trust in anyone might as well be blind.!!!!!!!!!... this mans actions has caused so much pain and suffering :3 ... its good lesson on look before you leap... ! :3
Apr 28, 2014 9:21 AM
Dec 2011
i love the moment when 3rd hokage ordered danzos ass off :3 so much power in 3rd hokages voice and stature....it was awesome!!!!!!!!!! :3
May 2, 2014 6:37 AM
May 2014
Can anyone tell me why obito said itachi to keep his eyes closed? What is the reason for this?
May 4, 2014 2:00 AM

Jun 2011
AnimeFan500 said:
Itachi forever T___T

He's like the Snape of the Naruto series.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.