Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2013 2:52 AM
Dec 2011
GriffithMar 9, 2015 8:13 AM
Dec 19, 2013 2:53 AM

Nov 2011
Meh a bunch of flashbacks of Obito this episode...but hey, that means one thing:

http://i.imgur.com/p7P7dUf.png
Tobi = Obito. It's been awhile...huh. Last time I saw his face in anime was what, since Kakashi Gaiden?
Dec 19, 2013 2:55 AM
Dec 2011
Loving his new voice alot.
Dec 19, 2013 3:05 AM

Jul 2007
So i been meaning to ask this for a LONG TIME!! lol.

Who here did NOT know tobi was obito or did not see it coming and HOLY HELL. i can FINALLY call him by his real name. OBITO!!!

Instead of masked man, tobi, madara, "man with no name" and those other hidden alias that he used.

So this episode was mainly only focused on obito's identity. Covering 2 chapters, not to bad. The ending was just like the manga pretty good way to end the episode. The studio added a bit of extra recap but nothing horrible, i mean when is the last time we have actually see obito, rin and kakashi's back story? OH yeah thats right. Like episode 158 or something.

Although the cliffhanger I was referring to last week did not happen, but its ok it has good pacing. With madara showing up on the scene, that was the end of the chapter just like the manga, it was pretty great. Kind of makes you wonder, how did madara know who obito was the whole time? What is their connection exactly?

The next few episodes is something i been waiting for a while to see animated. The back story behind Obito, rin and the battle at kanabe bridge, what really happened during that time. Should be some interesting insight into some more history, it certainly is a very important moment in the story line.

and man, naruto just looks like a boss now with this full bijju mode. He reminds me of minato, he's just intense!

ArtimesGamerDec 19, 2013 3:57 AM

Dec 19, 2013 3:08 AM
Dec 2011
link9us said:
So i been meaning to ask this for a LONG TIME!! lol.

Who here did NOT know tobi was obito or did not see it coming and HOLY HELL. i can FINALLY call him by his real name. OBITO!!!

Instead of masked man, tobi, madara, "man with no name" and those other hidden alias that he used.

Anyways great episode, all that cliff hanger i mentioned from last week didn't happen :(, oh well. Next episode is going to be quite awesome.

Believe it or not, alot of people outside of western world are strictly anime fans. So a few of them would of been surprised tonight.

Good episode though, am I the only one who loved the new Obito Theme and his voice? I knew it would be different!!

Dec 19, 2013 3:10 AM

Nov 2011
I read the manga already so I wasn't surprised. Might take awhile to get used to the new voice anyways...
Dec 19, 2013 3:32 AM

Jul 2013
So we can finally stop calling him Tobi. Good thing they changed his voice, it'd be confusing if there was two people with Madara voices talking at once.

The recap flashbacks weren't really necessary, we only needed the silent ones from the manga. Now it's the anime-only viewers turn to bitch about Obito =)

Looking forward to seeing some stuff next week.
MinagatachiDec 19, 2013 3:45 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2013 3:43 AM

Jul 2007
Minagatachi said:
So we can finally stop calling him Tobi.

The recap flashbacks weren't really necessary, we only needed the silent ones from the manga. Now it's the anime-only viewers turn to bitch =)

They paced it in a way to where they would end it when madara shown up on scene, which is 2 chapters covered, not to bad really, but i was hoping for next chapters cliff hanger, oh well. Next episode questions will finally be answered.

The studio is really doing a great job, im impressed. Naruto looked like a total bad ass in this episode and you can totally see his change in personality, he is so much more calm and collected then he used to be, he straight told kakashi and guy, no crying now, we got some business to take care of. I always liked that part in the manga to.

Honestly speaking like some one else mentioned last week, kishimoto kind of dropped the ball on obito's identity, he threw way to many hints out their, people would have to be practically brain dead or have a VERY low IQ to not figure it out. It kind of diminishes the over all shock factor and suspense leading up to his revelation. I mean for example if you did not know anything from the past 2 episodes, and you just skipped to this episode, you would be quite a bit more surprised. Because those last 5 or 6 chapters, kishi pretty much just spelled it out with to many hints instead of keeping it very discreet.

ArtimesGamerDec 19, 2013 4:08 AM

Dec 19, 2013 3:59 AM

Jul 2013
Did anyone notice the Hokage Monument was corrected in this episode?

http://i24.mangareader.net/naruto/599/naruto-3556931.jpg (Third panel)
http://i.imgur.com/WpeUUB8.jpg?1?8712
MinagatachiDec 19, 2013 4:12 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2013 4:13 AM

Jul 2013
finally his true identity is revealed... I've read the manga up to the point where someone died... kinda boring watching it since you already know what will happen.. no more flashbacks please! .
Dec 19, 2013 4:15 AM

Jul 2007
The anime only viewers don't start commenting on here till later. Us manga readers are always like first, why is that?

Dec 19, 2013 4:17 AM

Jul 2009
This episode was phenomenal! I was really excited when I watched it! :D

link9us said:
So this episode was mainly only focused on obito's identity. Covering 2 chapters, not to bad.

It were 3 complete chapters. 598, 599 and 600! ;)

Minagatachi said:

Yes, but this was already corrected in the tankoubon. Kishimoto apologized for that error.
Dec 19, 2013 4:19 AM

Oct 2013
mazaev said:
Loving his new voice alot.

Thought for a second Onizuka came to Naruto
lol :D
Dec 19, 2013 4:35 AM
Mar 2013
Madara came! they're fucked lol
Dec 19, 2013 4:44 AM

Jan 2011
What the.... Is it only me? I don't like the new voices. Young Obito voice is alright but Young Kakashi and Obito new voices, especially Obito is a bit too...
Dec 19, 2013 4:51 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode. Cant wait for the next one!!
Dec 19, 2013 4:56 AM

Oct 2013
It was 90% flashbacks of something we've already seen, but at least tobi's identity has been revealed, finally, this series is moving in such slow pace, I think I'm going to fall asleep on my hand, then maybe slip, hit my head on the desk and die from bleeding without even realizing it, Naruto's creators must be apprehended immediately.
Dec 19, 2013 4:56 AM

Jul 2012
Minagatachi said:

So was in the volume. This mistake is present only in scanlations from jump.
Dec 19, 2013 5:20 AM

Feb 2013
Felt like i was watching HxH without video, didnt like his new voice. And did they change the voices of young KAkashi&Obito as well?
Dec 19, 2013 5:21 AM

Feb 2011
Lol, it's funny how people say "new voice" when in fact it's the same as his old voice actor when he posed as Tobi, Takagi Wataru.

And they had already changed young Kakashi's voice actor sometime in Filler Land and in The Lost Tower. But young Obito's voice actor is new.
I'm a douche. Deal with it.
Dec 19, 2013 5:24 AM

Dec 2012
Topazzz said:
Felt like i was watching HxH without video, didnt like his new voice. And did they change the voices of young KAkashi&Obito as well?
yes if you remember the fourth shippuden movie lost tower and some filler episodes of shippuden Kakashi voice was different from Gaiden too. So but they kept Obito voice with third Shippuden movie. But now they changed it because the voice actor for young Obito is busy right now.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Dec 19, 2013 5:34 AM
Jan 2013
dblbch said:
It was 90% flashbacks of something we've already seen, but at least tobi's identity has been revealed, finally, this series is moving in such slow pace, I think I'm going to fall asleep on my hand, then maybe slip, hit my head on the desk and die from bleeding without even realizing it, Naruto's creators must be apprehended immediately.

3 chapters in 1 episode is everything but slow
Dec 19, 2013 5:50 AM

May 2013
Episode was awesome!
But I don't like Obito's new voice at all.. =/
Dec 19, 2013 5:51 AM

Jan 2013
Easily 5/5 . I was fucking excited for Obito , IMO , he is the greatest villain in the manga/anime . Don't worry though , his reason is not Rin . You will see it later . Now regarding the episode , I agree that there were some bad animation faces , but it was phenomenal and amazing . I nearly cried when Obito was running in the start and no one noticed him , or they didn't want to notice him . It was such a lovely flashback indeed . That Katon though , it was awesome . And that Madara , I got goseboomps when he called Obito with the name "Obito" . I've never been this excited over an episode , this is on my top 5 eps of anime of all time .
Dec 19, 2013 5:54 AM

Feb 2013
Ishkoten said:
Topazzz said:
yes if you remember the fourth shippuden movie lost tower and some filler episodes of shippuden Kakashi voice was different from Gaiden too. So but they kept Obito voice with third Shippuden movie. But now they changed it because the voice actor for young Obito is busy right now.

havent watched shippudden movies yet, so i guess thats why i was disapppointed
Dec 19, 2013 5:59 AM

Jan 2012
They revealed his identity better than they did in the manga, or maybe I'm over the denial phase lol.
I laughed so hard at the young Gai.
I found Naruto's advice to Kakashi was a bit ironic, I know he's grown up, but still lol.
Dec 19, 2013 6:06 AM

Dec 2012
You know, even though it seemed pretty obvious since they showed the Obito flashback back in the 100s, I wouldn't have asked for anyone else under that mask. I actually liked the flashbacks this episode and how the early ones didn't have any words, really added to how cute they were and the drastic change in Obito as a character.

Wow, when I saw the red flash join Obito at the end I was just hoping it'd be Madara, and then my jaw dropped from the top floor to the basement. Ohh, that preview looks like yet another rich flashback, the next 7 days will be a weary wait.
Dec 19, 2013 6:13 AM

Apr 2011
Great episode. Absolutely brilliant. I actually like the voice change of Obito, suits him better than the deep voice.

Honestly, anyone who thought that Tobi was anyone but Obito would be an idiot. I figured it when Kabuto first used the Sixth Coffin as blackmail, but Kishimoto really just outright spelt it out by revealing Madara as the Sixth Coffin.

dblbch said:

If you think this was slow, don't even think about watching One Piece. If I were to make pacing comparisons, One Piece is a snail compared to Naruto, which would be a racing motor-bike in this equation. Also, this episode really wasn't that slow. It's just that they took care of the first (breaking mask) and final (Madara's arrival) of the three chapters extremely fast and lengthened the mid-chapter (flashback).
Dec 19, 2013 6:16 AM

Jan 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
You know, even though it seemed pretty obvious since they showed the Obito flashback back in the 100s, I wouldn't have asked for anyone else under that mask. I actually liked the flashbacks this episode and how the early ones didn't have any words, really added to how cute they were and the drastic change in Obito as a character.

Wow, when I saw the red flash join Obito at the end I was just hoping it'd be Madara, and then my jaw dropped from the top floor to the basement. Ohh, that preview looks like yet another rich flashback, the next 7 days will be a weary wait.

Won't there be a break for Christmas though ?
Dec 19, 2013 6:21 AM

Oct 2013
This was the last ep of the year

next one
#344 - Obito and Madara (オビトとマダラ) - January 9, 2014
Dec 19, 2013 6:44 AM

Dec 2011
Finally!!!! This was really action packed and a great episode... although I have to say, I think they could have elaborated more on when Naruto approached Obito with the mask still since I found it to move so fast.

I thought they wouldn't change the voice but I am glad they did. It makes sense and it will make people think that this is his real voice without the mask, and won't confuse by viewers when Obito or Madara speaking.

About the voice... not so much of a fan... but I guess the bit more outspoken voice will fit him more since he is basically the "Naruto" in his squad with Kakashi and Rin. He is voiced by the seiyuu of Takagi Wataru from Detective Conan I think?

Overall, they sped up the pace, they covered like 3 chapters in this episode. Naruto breaking the mask, Obito's past, and Madara arriving. It is not a bad thing, but I still like a bit more of a slower pace.
Dec 19, 2013 6:48 AM

Nov 2010
2 bad there were so many flashbacks again

The first suspicions about the identity of Tobi were legit and kind of obvious

Rin being dead is new to me

I hope Killer Bee has a form like Naruto as well

Next episode "Pedo Madara"
Dec 19, 2013 7:01 AM

Apr 2008
dest-roy96 said:
3 chapters in 1 episode is everything but slow

It still can be if the manga is also slow as fuck :p And yeah really you don't have to be manga reader to have known was gonna be Obito before this episode or even episode before this, lot of hints being dropped
Dec 19, 2013 7:06 AM
Aug 2013
Worst plot twist of Naruto.

Also, people who think they are "right": Nobody did not suspect Obito, it's just that most dismissed it because it was... stupid, I for one was hoping they wouldn't be that dumb.

This is the second worst plot twist of '13, after Iron Man 3's Mandarin.
Dec 19, 2013 7:16 AM
Sep 2011
Who voiced grown up obito?

Was it the same guy who voiced him in Kakashi's Gaiden?
Dec 19, 2013 7:19 AM

Jun 2011
lol i laugh my ass on how Obito ate that rasengan XD
MADARA IN! :D
5/5
Dec 19, 2013 7:45 AM

May 2010
that was painful to watch
KerozinnDec 19, 2013 8:21 AM
Dec 19, 2013 8:07 AM

Nov 2010
I have always suspected that Tobi was Obito, but at the same time I dismiss the thought since I thought it was absurd, until a few eps. ago.

I was thinking that Tobi was another form of Madara or something, would have made for an interesting twist on how he was able to do that.

However, Obito's reason for becoming evil would be interesting to know as well. I can't wait for next year.
Dec 19, 2013 8:13 AM

Apr 2013
Good episode. I especially liked seeing Naruto using more of Kurama's power.

I already knew Tobi was Obito, even though I am an anime-only viewer, due to the amount of spoilers - well, just about anywhere that contained anything Naruto related.

And Madara Uchiha is back. Ohhhh yeah.

1lau said:
Next episode "Pedo Madara"

HAHA xD
Dec 19, 2013 8:20 AM

May 2013
The identity has finally come out. There were a lot of flashbacks this episode, but at least we know Tobi has been revealed as Obito.
Dec 19, 2013 8:31 AM

Apr 2009
Hey it's the younger selves of the current Konoha adult ninjas! Aside from Guy, I recognized Ebisu, Genma, and Anko. I think the red eyes and black haired girl could be Kurenai while the guy that's always with her could be Asuma.

I knew it, my suspicion and wild ass speculation paid off last episode! XD It's the good ol' teammate from the past. Wonder how Rin died though.

Anyway Madara himself arriving to where Naruto is bodes ill for the 5 Kages, damn it! >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 19, 2013 8:32 AM
Aug 2013
pretty danm good episode, as it has been on fire since 321 :O

really liked how they did the 'flashback' no voices only sound.
Dec 19, 2013 8:55 AM
Aug 2013
It so nice I can finally say obito without any doubts, as an anime-only watcher I've guessed that for a while now but the big reveal was a well needed confirmation.

Watching Kakashi hurt me so bad, the man does not need any more guilt for Rin's death. What happened to obito that made him that way and how on earth did he survive being crushed? Ugh so many questions that will have to wait until after the hiatus. Good episode though, 5/5
watching anime was only meant to be hobby... I says whilst I neglect my studies and post on forums
Dec 19, 2013 8:59 AM
Nov 2013
I just came...

Also nice we finally know the true identity ofTobi

tenBrinkenDec 19, 2013 9:10 AM
Dec 19, 2013 9:28 AM

Nov 2012
Mixed feelings. Truth be told, i did not expect this and was quite surprised but also a bit disappointment at first. Why? Cuz i always thought of Obito as just Kakashi's past friend who gave him his eye. I hoped for it to be a big shot not some minor character. But then Madara appeared so it could be he has a lot to do with it. If that's the case i could accept this twist turn. But only time will tell that. Also i still don't know the back story of that girl that Kakashi' suppose to safe, but apparently failed. Anyway i always thought it was Danzo. But then he died. So my minds where on Madara's brother or maybe even The first Hokage. Maybe some don't agree with me, but i think the Naruto makers changed the man behind the mask multiples times in the series as well. But we could discuss ages about that subject. So for now waiting for the next episode is all what is left.

edit: I suddenly remember being spoiled about this one night when i was browsing MAL. Luckily I've drank so much beer i did not remember the next day. So lucky.
johnyjohnyDec 19, 2013 10:32 AM
Dec 19, 2013 10:25 AM

Apr 2013
I dont read the manga of Naruto so I wouldnt have known it was Obitio, but i found out in a spoiler a while ago which was annoying.

Reaaly good episode, loved when Naruto broke his mask by having Tsukomi used on him that was really epic.

Cant wait for the next episode where it can finally make sense of it all, but Naruto is taking a 2 week break so next ep is 9th of Janurary!! soo saad, what am i gonna do for 2 weeks
Dec 19, 2013 10:54 AM

Jul 2013
Madara joins the battle obito gets wierd pedo voice!
No one knows what the future holds. That’s why its potential is infinite.

- Okabe Rintarou
Dec 19, 2013 11:51 AM

May 2013
Great episode, glad they've finally revealed Tobi's identity :D
Dec 19, 2013 12:36 PM

Mar 2010
His voice kinda reminds me aoki,
Also a great episode to end this year!
Hopefully no fillers for atleast 10 more episodes/
Dec 19, 2013 12:51 PM

Jul 2013
Man,those floating rocks really distracted me while trying to focus on the story.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 485 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

50 by Vysarine »»
Apr 20, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.