Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2014 9:42 AM

Aug 2012
Eh, didn't like the first half, but the second half is really interesting.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Apr 16, 2014 9:43 AM

Jan 2010
Honestly, after the first episode I decided to read the manga, but it only had six chapters... So THEN I decided to find a translation of the LN, but [the version I found] is only two pages into the third chapter. Still, the operating factor is that I already read all of this, and it was just really nice to see it animated. NGNL is gearing up to be one of my favorite comedies ever.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Apr 16, 2014 9:46 AM

Jul 2013
LOL the siblings are too fun to watch, they both have intelligence and strategies. Wow they can't go on if they are separated, but they will reunite if they found each other XD.

Now his next task is too become King huh, oh-ho this is going to be interesting.

Apr 16, 2014 9:46 AM

Aug 2010
AOTS candidate. Steph's antics were cute, especially her forced dere side. I lulzed all the way. Can't wait for ep3
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Apr 16, 2014 10:01 AM

Dec 2013
The amount of fan service in this thing is beyond human comprehension. Stephanie Dola and Shiro (OMG SHIRO SO KAWAII I COULD DIE) are just too cute. Shiro is like a dream imouto. I hate that arrogant cheater who beat Stephanie to become "king". Hopefully Sora will whip her some modesty next episode. This episode was hilarious especially the oppai grope scene where they compared it to "jello". This world is seriously working out pretty sweet for the siblings. And WOW, Shiro is damn genius. Learnt 18 different languages and learned Imanity in less than 1 day. That is crazy. Can't wait for next weeks episode!

5/5 for this episode for sure! :D
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Apr 16, 2014 10:02 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode also really funny... btw am I the only one who thought sora was masturbating in the bath scene D:
Apr 16, 2014 10:04 AM

Mar 2012
My god i tought i was going to explode with all the fanservice, moe and comedy bits and they way it escalated i nearly died of laughing of all the enjoyment lllllooooolllll :)

Yeah They have the brains and intellect to pull this off and the main guy has actually a normal personality taking advantage of the situation like that . lol hahaha.

Ok next week it is time to show those other races what humanity or in this case Imanity, what we are capable never underestimate a human,s intellect hehe ep 3 cant come fast enough.
-ShadowClaw-Apr 16, 2014 10:07 AM
Apr 16, 2014 10:05 AM

Jan 2009
1. Never thought rock-paper-scissors could be this confusing

2. Characters just went crazy at the end of the 1st half. 2nd half was much better & chill

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 16, 2014 10:06 AM

Jul 2013
Man this show is proving to be great! I couldn't stop laughing about every little joke they did in the episode. What about the siblings being separated? Steph smashing her head in the wall? Sora and his virginity complex?

I'm so f***ing loving No Game No Life. I wish it would have 26 episodes :(

Oh and as you may have noticed...sorry for my bad english. I'm from Brazil but you know that the most important thing is to try xD
Apr 16, 2014 10:09 AM

Jun 2008
They made a few changes from the novel that I didn't like... For example how the "do you like this world" not being on the balcony in the sunset. Or how Steph's cookies didn't get that small little explanation, that they got in the novel... (Basically, in my opinion, it removes a great chunk of Steph's characterization as "Royalty of a declining country" [Which, by the way is one of the main reasons I love her as a character])

But I DID like the fact, that they used all those silly comedy parts in a rapid succession. shows either a daring side, laziness, or - what I believe to be the case - and understanding of the watchers. Those old tropes and scenes are getting boring for the veterans, however, even the oldest, most overused and bad jokes, if told in a rapid succession can bring out laughter from a person.

Also, simply because that joke came out of nowhere for me... WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Apr 16, 2014 10:10 AM

Aug 2007
Great episode. I honestly got no complaints. I hope they can keep this up and it will be my favorite anime of the season. I can't wait to see how Sora attempts to be the King.

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 16, 2014 10:15 AM
Mar 2013
I haven't laughed so hard in quite some time. This is definitely top quality anime, best of the season, I'd say.
Don't you think "Oh, not again" when you hear an anime start with cicadas?
Apr 16, 2014 10:16 AM
Aug 2011
Holy shit Steph just went WRYYYYYYYYYY on us.

A lot of the first part felt like I was watching mangaka-san to assistant-san (same VA and boob fondling situation).
Apr 16, 2014 10:19 AM

Oct 2013
Want to ask something.... what the meaning of WRY???? Steph said WRYYYYYY
i dont know its meaning
Apr 16, 2014 10:20 AM

Jan 2012
Nice episode lol
Loved how she would bang her head on the wall ^^'
It was weird how helpless they were even though they are not that far apart and they should now the other one is still close...
Apr 16, 2014 10:20 AM

Oct 2011
KaedeKyl9 said:
i dont know its meaning

Jojo reference
Apr 16, 2014 10:22 AM

Aug 2012
This episode proved that I'm going to love this show throughout this season.

Apr 16, 2014 10:25 AM

Nov 2010
This was great, definitely hooked!
Apr 16, 2014 10:28 AM

Feb 2012
Really funny episode! The visuals are stunning, love the series!
Apr 16, 2014 10:30 AM

Jul 2010
Didn't like the first half, but loved the second half. This show is really amazing when it's not focusing on silly gags or pantie shots.
Apr 16, 2014 10:45 AM

Jul 2012
This was awesome!
Now I can confirm:
It will be fun to watch for sure
Apr 16, 2014 10:48 AM

Jul 2013
Ahh absolutely amazing... If I have any complaints at all about this, its the fact it will be only 12 episodes long... Anyone knows how the LN pace is going ? Would we have material for a second season soon ?
Apr 16, 2014 10:52 AM

Aug 2011
Whyyyyyy does it have to feel so short... :(
Apr 16, 2014 10:55 AM

Aug 2010
Patureau said:
Ahh absolutely amazing... If I have any complaints at all about this, its the fact it will be only 12 episodes long... Anyone knows how the LN pace is going ? Would we have material for a second season soon ?

Maybe. 5 volumes are out and this season will adapt 3 of them so I guess we can look forward to a 2nd season not far away but a S3 will need quite a lot of waiting :(
Apr 16, 2014 11:08 AM

May 2013
This show is insanely fun to watch. I loved the rock-paper-scissors thing at the beginning and how Sora messed with Steph's head to make her lose. I was surprised that the fall in love with me command really worked and how she had Stephascope and it was hilarious every time she hit her head into walls. I can't wait for Sora's journey to become king.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Apr 16, 2014 11:11 AM

Apr 2009
Well, at least they explained why Sora was so charismatic before, he was using Shiro as his safety blanket.
Apr 16, 2014 11:11 AM

Jul 2013
Awesome episode, characters are really likeable.
Some overused gags but the Mr. Steam part cracked me up.
I honestly thought there would be a lot more fanservice.
The jo-ken-po was brillant, looking forward for the upcoming games.
JoksPacifistApr 16, 2014 11:30 AM
Apr 16, 2014 11:17 AM

Apr 2010
This is without a doubt the best title of this season.
The part of the manga that i have read was great and the anime is looking great so far as well.
I got high hopes for this anime and so far they haven't been disappointed, and i am really looking forward to next week.
Stephanie is also a funny character, her acts and how she ends every sentence with desu wa makes great for entertainment.
Apr 16, 2014 11:17 AM

Jun 2013
This is freaking amazing. I love Shiro and Sora.
Apr 16, 2014 11:18 AM

Mar 2014
Probably my favorite anime of this season, just freaking amazing.
This series has what i love most in anime.
Intelligent characters and character chemistry , oh and dont forget... rules.
Yeah i FUCKING LOVE THIS.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Apr 16, 2014 11:19 AM

Mar 2010
It was too short :(
Love the colors, the FS was OK, I'm liking this series, it's pretty, likeable characters, looking forward to it next week
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Apr 16, 2014 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
SO MUCH COLOR... I like it... the story is nice, the characters are likeable and the music is nice, what else could you ask for?
Apr 16, 2014 11:27 AM

Apr 2014
I got a headache from this very confusing game of rock-paper-scissors and all those colors and brightness (next time I need to turn brightness down quite a bit) but it was a good episode :D
Apr 16, 2014 11:28 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
This episode was hilarious, the comedy so great that I had trouble stifling my laughter in the library. The gags were silly but I actually really liked them. The bgm was nice too, especially during the scene when Steph was explaining her world to the siblings. Looks like things are just getting started. Also, I can't get over how amazing Matsuoka Yoshitsugu's voice acting is XD

Forgot to mention, Kayano Ai's singing is so cute!
tingyApr 16, 2014 11:33 AM
Apr 16, 2014 11:32 AM

Mar 2011
Shit just got serious.
"Fall in love with me!" omfg I totally died when he said that~
Looking forward to next episdoe
Do you like cakes?
You don't like cakes?
I like cakes.
Apr 16, 2014 11:46 AM

Mar 2014
This is looking like a good series, but I'm not quite all in just yet. Something in this episode made me nervous that the series might flop towards the end. I really hope I am wrong because I really want this show to do well.
But that's just one opinion.
Apr 16, 2014 11:49 AM

May 2012
So funny.. great ep..

Apr 16, 2014 11:49 AM

Aug 2013
Brothers very strange, and Sora is a big pervert
funny to see what happens when they separate
I expect a great battle by the crown ..

Irmãos muito estranhos, e Sora é um grande pervertido
engraçado ver o que acontece quando eles se separam
espero uma grande batalha pela coroa ..
Apr 16, 2014 11:54 AM

Aug 2008
Oh god this episode had me laughing at some parts. Mostly Stephanie when she was fighting her inner-self lol.

I thought this episode was going to be a filler on the introduction to the new world and Stephanie, but it picked up at the end. I can't wait for the battle/game scenes that involves magic!
Apr 16, 2014 11:58 AM

May 2008
The first half was annoying and sucked. Second half was much better. The rock paper scissors game was really not that clever, but tried its hardest to be. Some explanations on the fantasy world were helpful, so we know there's a hierarchy going on here.

I'll watch the next episode since it's the big game to determine to king. Sora's obviously going to win, so I feel it'll be a bit anticlimactic.

No Game No Life's sure to be one of the most hyped series this season, if not the most hyped.
Apr 16, 2014 12:04 PM

Jun 2013
In the previous episode, we see our protagonist as cool and compose hikimori (shut-in) that seems to not care about anything but gaming and little sister.

But now... we get... a genius shut-in gamer that shouts "fall in love me!" to a woman in demise and at the same time, displays signs of chuunibyou (or is it becaue of the lack of a girlfriend?). Oh lol oh lol oh lol, I laughed a bit too much.

The plot is moving slow (or is it supposed to move slow?) I expected them to be kings since like episode 1 since it was shown in the OP.

Steph is adorable, Shiro is more adorable and Sora is just perverted in a good way.

To be honest, the story doesn't intrigue me much but the animation makes up for it.
Apr 16, 2014 12:12 PM
Aug 2012
There's so much bloody work put into the animation and fluidity it's mindblowing.

I fricken love the brother sister interaction.
Apr 16, 2014 12:20 PM

Dec 2011
Can't wait to see how Sora will battle Kurami without any magic? Wits maybe? Can't wait to see that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2014 12:22 PM

Jul 2010
Steph was hilarious! Her reactions to the aftermath of seeing the visions were splendid.
Steph fell in love!
The bond between the siblings is too deep xD They go all panic if they are too far.
Learning about the lore was interesting, 16 species eh.
Shiro too cute, especially when she calls herself or her brother.
Apr 16, 2014 12:23 PM

Apr 2009
The bed and bathroom scenes are def. the worst scenes I have EVER seen that were produced from Madhouse.
How the mighty have fallen in the past two years...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 16, 2014 12:26 PM

Feb 2013
The JoJo reference just made my day.

Apr 16, 2014 12:28 PM

Mar 2014
Cheesekao said:
KaedeKyl9 said:
i dont know its meaning

Jojo reference

It was Jojo reference.
The enemy, DIO cried out "WRYYYYY!!"

Apr 2009
BeatOfRebirth96 said:
The JoJo reference just made my day.

It was the only thing that made me chuckle in the entire episode.
It's a sad thing that most people didn't even get that or the Doraemon reference, especially since Stardust Crusaders is airing right now as well.
NidhoeggrApr 16, 2014 12:35 PM

Mar 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
The bed and bathroom scenes are def. the worst scenes I have EVER seen that were produced from Madhouse.

You're just a hater! Gosh! You hate everything, stop hating on the best show of the season, just because we actually have good taste :) :)

Side note loli was hot
Apr 16, 2014 12:29 PM

Apr 2009
tommy73 said:
Nidhoeggr said:

You're just a hater! Gosh! You hate everything, stop hating on the best show of the season, just because we actually have good taste :) :)

Side note loli was hot

I know, my kokoro is just not dokidoki enough for this sugoi escapism.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.