Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 6, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ugh, Akane just keeps talking and talking. I can barely stand her..but anyways, full episode is out now. Well, she survived. That's kinda obvious. I doubt they would kill off a main character in the beginning. Still, her flag remains and is suffering.

Dat kiss though.
Stark700Apr 6, 2014 11:19 AM
Apr 6, 2014 11:18 AM

Mar 2012
How the heck does a princess of a small European country end up perfectly speaking Hiroshima dialect with antiquated vocabulary?... yes, out of all the things about this show that's the thing that's bugging me.
Apr 6, 2014 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
A full episode, finally. I'm glad Akane survived from that fall. That''s kiss between Sota and Akane was cute.

removed-userApr 6, 2014 12:34 PM
Apr 7, 2014 2:39 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Akane's Death Flag transformed into something totally different but funny. xD

Now Souta gets the Death Flag. :x How will he get rid of it?
Apr 7, 2014 4:02 AM
Nov 2013
LOL I GOT TROLLED..I mite pick this one up..aha funny and weird at the same time..haha the pace is just wayyyyy to fast..they got to slow down a bit ahah..anyway gonna watch the full once it comes out
Apr 7, 2014 5:33 PM

Aug 2013
I can't find it either. But I didn't look very hard yet. I am actually watching this because it looks horrible, and I want to see if I am right.
Apr 7, 2014 7:17 PM
Nov 2013
I'd really been looking forward to this show... but just watching the 15 minute pre-air I'm not exactly thrilled by the level of "quality" I'm seeing.

Perhaps the lack of groups picking this up will be a blessing in disguise.
Apr 7, 2014 9:47 PM

Jan 2011
Two different versions out: one pre-release 15 minutes (perhaps with troll subs) and the regular length version

Note that the regular version seems to be of higher quality and contains much better continuity (they'd chopped bits of scenes out prior to the abrupt cliffhanger in the pre-release).

The complete episode is better, but boy--this is moe to the max... I don't mind the mc, he showed some quick thinking in a crisis moment although it ends up getting him in perhaps a little more hot-water than he bargained for. But Akane, if she's going to make that little wheezy noise every time she tries to catch up I may go berserk...

I'll keep watching until I get bored or diabetes...
rodacApr 7, 2014 9:52 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 7, 2014 9:56 PM

Feb 2012
Wouldn't kissing/confessing love during a dying in arms scene make the death flag worse in the world of story cliches? Eh, I'll keep watching.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2014 10:02 PM

Sep 2013
Cleaner animation and better subs since the pre-air :D

So much damned better then the pre-air, it really shows how much a good cleaning can fix things up.

Lol at the Sleeping Beauty/Conquered flag ;) A rule in flagging if you can't break it replace it!

Misfortune flag?

It's kind of funny how the new footage only lasted about 2 mins (excluding ED and preview).

kickmesign said:
Wouldn't kissing/confessing love during a dying in arms scene make the death flag worse in the world of story cliches? Eh, I'll keep watching.
Ikr, but it did say conquered.
Apr 7, 2014 10:54 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Akane is super cute
I love optimistic characters!
This didn't live up to my expectations though... shot a bit lower.
Not sure why I didn't really enjoy it :/
Apr 7, 2014 11:11 PM

Jul 2013
Hm, wonder the real reason for no flag appearing on Nanami's head..
lolol Akane
Oh dat kiss.
Apr 7, 2014 11:18 PM

Jun 2013
Interesting first episode, from serious to eh. .

I get a Fuyuumi Ai feeling from akane but thats probably just because same va and its the first episode only.

The style on this one seems like one from an older anime or something
Apr 7, 2014 11:30 PM

Jul 2013
Wow.. I thought it was going to be like NouCome but this seems a bit more serious.

The first half was rather bland imo but it was funny how multiple flags sprouted from Akane's head. Also that "Conquered" flag lol...

I like how the romance started in full throttle from the get go. This one episode accomplishes more than what the 2nd season of Chuunibyou accomplished in 12 episodes.

Seems like it will turn to a harem though. Let's just hope the MC has enough balls to choose one of them.
Apr 7, 2014 11:32 PM
Mar 2012
A little disappointing so far (I made my hopes too high), but still enjoyable. Also, can someone tell me what scenes and where they were added prior to the cliffhanger of the pre-air version because I just skipped to the part where the pre-air left off.
Apr 7, 2014 11:38 PM

Apr 2012
I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, it's not exactly grade A material but I was only shooting for NouKome level but so far I'm enjoying this a lot more. I just hope it'll have a concrete ending rather than the inoffensive harem end.

@kickmesign I suppose the sleeping princess flag is stronger because of the well known fairy tale origin or something. I was thinking the same thing though.
Hachikuji: Araragi-san, you don't look even the least bit apologetic. You should at least say something after touching a girl's delicate chest!
Araragi: *Clueless look* Thanks?

Bakemonogatari, Episode 5.
Apr 8, 2014 12:01 AM

Sep 2012
Super cute and got a chuckle or two from me. I'm keeping this one.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Apr 8, 2014 12:58 AM

Mar 2013
Can someone tell me what type of development I'm suppose to follow here?!?
If you ask me, the art was a bit off, but I'm sure I'll manage...
5 minutes in, and we already see a direct confrontation and explanation of how the MC's "power" works, in which, Nanami completely laughs it off, and a minute or two later; believes him..What lead up to this?!?
Also, anyone else realize he pulled up that newspaper about the boat incident out of thin air?!? and never really explained it?!? Wtf?!?
Apr 8, 2014 1:07 AM

Jul 2013
TBH I wasn't drawn in to the story or characters in here, but I think I still find it enjoyable nevertheless. Just hope that the story could get some improvements.

The flag things I kind of have a little issue with, but I'll soon learned it later on. The kiss was unexpected to get rid of the death flag.

Apr 8, 2014 1:08 AM

Mar 2013
First episode and I'm already shipping Souta and Akane. That kiss was so cute oh my god. I'm glad she is safe. That black flag at the end... wow. Enjoyable episode.
Apr 8, 2014 1:12 AM

Jan 2014
That got me!
I wasn't so confident about this, but it was a pleasant view!
The art isn't bad at all and the character design is well done..
The script seems interesting but this flag thing is kinda weird, but surely original..
Apr 8, 2014 1:19 AM

Jun 2012
This seems like it is really rushed; I will give it the 3 episode rule though.
Apr 8, 2014 1:31 AM

Dec 2012
Well, that escalated quickly. LOL

Apr 8, 2014 1:37 AM

Jun 2013
Yeah, Akane's moe voice is a bit much but it shouldn't be a problem when the other girls start coming into the picture.

It feels like a mix between Noucome and TWGOK, at the moment it seems it'll be a decent harem but with nothing special.
Apr 8, 2014 2:04 AM

Apr 2009
First episode was pretty good, dat kiss. Need something to fill my bones since Golden time ended. xD
Apr 8, 2014 2:07 AM
Jul 2018
WELL... that escalated quickly.
I like it

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 8, 2014 2:33 AM

Jan 2012
Mixed feelings about this one. Not sure yet. It was a bit funny, but nothing special.

Apr 8, 2014 3:01 AM

Aug 2013
In just one episode we learned about Nanami's background and Akane got "conquered." Is it really supposed to move this fast?

Akane's voice was a bit painful to listen to. I was annoyed. Then I looked at the cast and what...Kayano Ai? Is that for real? That must be a mistake >__<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 8, 2014 3:08 AM

Mar 2013
So nobody is going to mention about the death flag on Souta head?....

Praise the flags!
Apr 8, 2014 3:15 AM

Apr 2013
Think i'll save this series for later, until it catches up to where I left off in the manga. The episode was okay.

Apr 8, 2014 3:52 AM

May 2010
She sits in front guys! Kinda interesting, reminds me of NouKome. The explanation part felt slightly rushed. Also reminds me of another anime of this season "Isshunkan Friends"

The pacing... it's too fast! It's like they are butchering everything. Such a shame, I see the potential of an awesome anime in this :/ Akane talks too much, my ears! I mean, it was 3-4 episodes worth of material put into one episode, super rushed.

How can a death flag change into love? What has love anything to do with 'death'? Sure, love can ease pain but seriously, it can't bring a person back to life if that person's death is already settled. I wanted something more solid.

Seriously, this is my type of series, but the way it is (most rushed anime I've ever watched from ones I can remember)... Such a shame.

7/10

Some might find charm in its fast pacing coz the pacing is too fast, it's at the speed of light.

After checking the ending song, I know the reason of it's pacing... So many girls.
TragicRomanceApr 8, 2014 4:04 AM
Apr 8, 2014 4:04 AM

Jan 2009
1. Wasn't expecting any serious vibes seeing that it's a romantic comedy. Completely caught off guard. Very interesting.

2. Flags are interesting as well. People's intentions can be seen

3. Loved the somber moments w/ the epic OST. For an anime that looks completely comedy-like & void of emotion, I'm very impressed

9/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 8, 2014 4:18 AM

Aug 2012
desu

desu

FUCKING DESU.
Apr 8, 2014 4:22 AM

May 2013
So much "desu" from Akane but lets see how the harem will develop throughout the show...

DAT KISSING SCENE, perhaps first kiss.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 8, 2014 5:16 AM

May 2012
1st day of school and he brings home 2 girls and kisses one. 2pimp4me
Apr 8, 2014 5:36 AM

Jun 2011
Wow they really messed with the arrangement of the manga and it moved at breakneck speed for reasons i can no understand. Firstly they cut out another character introduction which i could understand at first since i thought they were saving her for later so they could introduce those 2 already properly, but nope they just skipped all the way to chapter 5 and did the first major event in the first episode for so very strange reason. The not yet introduced character was also meant to visit the room with them and that death flag scene like i said was not meant to happen till chapter 5 after many other events had happened and yet another main character of the group had been introduced (on top of the one i mentioned earlier).

I really can not tell you why they rushed to get to this point and ruined the flow of the story i do not know if this is how the light novel (source material) did it but it was not how it was in the manga and with all honesty the manga did the start much better this was just rushed and you felt less than zero towards it while being left with a wtf already? feeling.

Basically so many things were cut out and this was rearranged in the worst way i could think of.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Apr 8, 2014 5:53 AM

Aug 2010
Dat Akane >.< She's so damn adorable <3<3 I'm loving her a lot :3

The kiss was awesome and her reaction was so kawaiiii <3<3<3

Souta is quite the good male lead, kissing her right away and conquering her like that XD

The way he broke flags at the start with "I'm already popular" and "I'm a sadist" XD

Well, +1 conquered! From the ED it seems like he'll be conquering quite a lot of girls. Dat huge harem O_O

This is like Noucome but instead of Erabe it's flags XD Lol Idea XD

And Dat Death flag at the end XD

Loved ALL DEM THIGHS IN THE ED *A*
Apr 8, 2014 6:25 AM

Aug 2010
I expected to get noukome vibes from this anime, but I'm getting nakaimo ones instead.

Also, a kiss? in the first ep no less? No chuuitus interruptus?
So Kyoani, what do say in your defense?
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Apr 8, 2014 6:30 AM
Mar 2013
I think the episode was entertaining. I was wondering whether the shortened pre-air was the reason of my negative first impression, and looks like the scenes they cut definitely did have such an effect. Therefore, I enjoyed the full episode much more.

For a light-hearted harem comedy, it's off to a rather serious start. Yeah, the concept is hilarious, but Nanami's past doesn't seem to be the happiest, and neither is Akane's. Souta is a boy of misfortune himself. Not to mention the multiple death flags in one episode.
Apr 8, 2014 6:33 AM

Jan 2011
Interesting first ep. Didn't expect Souta to be the transfer student.

Woah a kiss in the first ep. Surprised he kissed her to overcome that death flag, was expecting something along the lines of a confession.
Haha a conquered flag! This feels like a cross between Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai and NouCome... but that's just my opinion.

Man... people get the death flag way too easily.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Apr 8, 2014 7:08 AM

Apr 2013
The full episode is slightly better but the art, ost and pacing are just painful.
Apr 8, 2014 7:11 AM

Aug 2013
Whoa, that was interesting!^^ Sounds so original too. Seeing flags on people hahaha.
I wonder how Souta new the EXACT words to break the flags xD
Like where he was like "I'm popular with girls, so there's no need" and "I'm an extreme sadist"
Like, he broke both their flags xD hahaha.
Well now you just made Akane like you now, Souta..
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Apr 8, 2014 7:27 AM
Oct 2010
Definitely better than the preview.

Still needs more work (especially on the resolution), but now it's enough for me to keep watching.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 8, 2014 7:37 AM

Jan 2014
So from what I can tell this anime seems to be jumping back and forth from the manga chapters... Starts at chapter 1 jumps ahead past chapter 3 and jumps back to chapter 1 next episode to introduce characters which were supposed to be introduce before... meh I don't mind. I'll watch it and read the manga at the same time anyway.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Apr 8, 2014 8:33 AM

May 2013
Oh man that kiss. Love Akane's reaction to it lol.
Apr 8, 2014 8:39 AM

Apr 2012
First half was kind of meh and I was considering dropping because the characters were annoying, but the end saved itself. It was kind of rushed but it was just an introduction episode, hopefully there'll be better developed stories from now on. This show has the potential to be interesting.

Also, I'm not really fond of the art. I don't really like the school uniforms with the mismatched skirt and the characters look like plastic dolls.
Apr 8, 2014 9:23 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty okay until the last part. So this is going to be one of those where the MC goes through all girls until he finds the last one with whom he actually falls in love? Meh. 3/5.
Apr 8, 2014 9:42 AM

Jan 2011
That ED.

I always enjoy a harem and this one tickled my fancy. I'll be sticking around for this one for sure.

Continue to laugh at "pacing" comments after one episode.
Apr 8, 2014 9:56 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Akane trying to eat lunch with Nanami and Souta but each time she got rejected LOL. I like her cheerful personality but she talks way too much. Nanami has an interesting character so it'll be fun to watch a tsundere poet.

Souta's house is like a ticking time bomb. At any moment that house can collapse and crush him and that brought me to this point. Why did Souta have a Death Flag when he looked int he mirror towards the end of the episode when he was washing his face?

Preview: More girls, and girls going Gao

Apr 8, 2014 10:01 AM

Nov 2008
Looks like they are following the Novel structure instead of the Manga.

Overall I like it. I love that moe scene from Akane near the end of the episode :D
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who's favorite harem character

MysteryFan89 - Aug 7, 2023

1 by pinkfoxboi »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

145 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 3, 2023 2:31 PM

» So can anyone tell me what the hell happened?[spoilers]

sweetsymphony - Jun 29, 2014

10 by ilos28 »»
May 30, 2022 5:26 AM

» Will this be on funimation without premium

Bunniedoll - Jul 20, 2021

1 by SoulFighter17 »»
Jul 20, 2021 10:03 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

95 by Ashhk »»
Apr 16, 2021 2:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.