Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2014 2:19 PM

May 2013
Your weird and unnecessarily long posts with random Japanese translations are starting to trigger my autism.
Apr 5, 2014 2:36 PM

Oct 2012
Sorry, I didn't mean to.
Apr 5, 2014 2:41 PM

Dec 2012
This reminds me of Crime Edge a tiny bit, only it's off to a strong start. Looking forward to more of this and the girls are all so crazy, especially Banba. She's a psycho both day and night.
Apr 5, 2014 2:42 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
This was everything I was expecting and more.
It looks great so far, but I feel like the ending is gonna be tragic.
Awesome OP, and the ED isn't too bad.
Soundtrack is great ^^
Apr 5, 2014 2:45 PM

Jan 2014
Damn there are some nice looking girls in this series (expect the main one). Haruki and Isuke are instant best girls. I will defiantly be watching more of this.
Apr 5, 2014 2:55 PM

Mar 2014
Zelot said:
This was everything I was expecting and more.
It looks great so far, but I feel like the ending is gonna be tragic.
Awesome OP, and the ED isn't too bad.
Soundtrack is great ^^

You are not the only one. I don't see a good ending for a bunch of killers.
Apr 5, 2014 3:05 PM

Nov 2012
I guess I was hoping too much to expect the anime to soften out the edgy teenager elements out of it. But it's an anime about assassin high-schoolers afterall.
Apr 5, 2014 3:09 PM

Apr 2014
High school assassins eh?
Apr 5, 2014 3:14 PM

Oct 2011
SolviteSekai said:
Iasuru said:
This reminds me of a combination of Dangan Ronpa, Madoka Magica (leads remind me of Madoka and Sayaka hue), and the OP reminds me of Strike the Blood OP 1. Lesbian theme reminds me of Sakura Trick

Anime existed before 2010.

o man thank you for the fact of the day. I didn't know that. TIL
Apr 5, 2014 3:19 PM
Mar 2014
okanagan said:
An overly-long question about Haru and -san versus -kun:

I believe she did that because she thought some girls were boys...
Apr 5, 2014 3:24 PM

Mar 2013
I set sight on this anime in december since it really could become something awesome huehue
Well we'll have to wait and see how good it'll become
Something something something
Apr 5, 2014 3:27 PM

Dec 2008
HashiriNio said:
okanagan said:

Honestly, this is what I was thinking too. But then it begs the question, why didn't she just address everyone as -san to begin with? Given it's a neutral suffix. Or why didn't she address the girls with -chan?

Though I do think, if we just leave it as is, without wracking our brains around it, then yeah, she assumed those people were boys. Specially since their names are either gender neutral or for men.
Apr 5, 2014 3:58 PM

Aug 2013
Looking good so far.
Apr 5, 2014 4:09 PM
Mar 2014
sarroush said:
HashiriNio said:
okanagan said:

Honestly, this is what I was thinking too. But then it begs the question, why didn't she just address everyone as -san to begin with? Given it's a neutral suffix. Or why didn't she address the girls with -chan?

Though I do think, if we just leave it as is, without wracking our brains around it, then yeah, she assumed those people were boys. Specially since their names are either gender neutral or for men.

Yeah, you're right lol! I believe this was the reason tho, even if she could've used -san for everyone... But using -chan for someone you don't know is disrespectful, so this is probably why she didn't use it :3
Apr 5, 2014 4:33 PM

May 2013
okanagan said:
Sorry, I didn't mean to.
It's ok, it wasn't a threat nor I was complaining in any way. Sorry if it looked like that.
Apr 5, 2014 4:41 PM

Jun 2012
SeibaaHomu said:
Luckily you've got Yuruyuri in your favourites so I don't have to take your opinion on what constitutes 'good yuri' seriously.

I rather like Yuruyuri as a comedy. Comedy though, of course, is a hit and miss sort of thing. I'm actually not a fan of people that try to categorize yuri itself as a genre, since it's generally more of yuri elements. Of course, if we wanted to find a prototypical yuri example, it'd probably be a relatively serious romance story, which Yuruyuri most certainly is not. Really, I like both of those sorts of things, but Sakura Trick was essentially all rather poorly written fanservice. (To the extent that I watched it before I dropped it, so perhaps it got better quite a few episodes in?) Good yuri anime is a lot harder to find than manga, and a lot of it is rather meh, but there are also some that are actively bad.

(Then again, our tastes clearly don't match very well, considering you've got K-On in your favorites ;) )
rebpandaApr 5, 2014 4:55 PM
Apr 5, 2014 4:58 PM
Aug 2012
so frickin close to the manga this cld be a rllly gd series
Apr 5, 2014 5:02 PM

Jul 2010
Well that was pretty damn good.Love the music and characters.My type of show.
Also, that Sugita.This might sound weird for me to say it, but i could listen to his voice all day.
incompleteAEGISApr 5, 2014 6:59 PM
Apr 5, 2014 5:04 PM

Nov 2012
I like the characters and the animation. As long as the anime explains why there are 10+ assassins that want to kill some harmless girl, then I will most likely enjoy this series.
Apr 5, 2014 5:51 PM

Jun 2013
I'm just gonna go ahead and guess that the target is probably NOT Haru.

That aside, it was pretty good. I'm intrigued :)
Apr 5, 2014 5:57 PM

Aug 2013
Mmm, it was interrest but I dunno... It looked a bit... forced.

It's like it's trying too much to look mature and cool. There are more subtle ways to do it :P
Also, I'm not too much a fan of yuri.

The characters in overall look kinda lame. They are all edgy prychotic girl that act innocently and then second later say something creepy. We also have all the tropes possible : the shy but crazy girl, the big breasted ''cougar'', the other big breasted that is non-chalent, the loli with her bodyguard, the quiet professional, the sneaky one that will probably be the first too be killed...

It's not really my favorite art style, but it's for me the optimal art style to make a ''serious'' anime. The OP have a lot of random fanservice, that scare me a bit. For me, to had fanservice, the show must be a comedy. If you want to had big breasted huge cleavage girl in a supposely serious anime, it ruin the tone.

I think that what will be maybe the most interresting is to see how Akuma will slowly down her guard toward Haru. What would be great is if Haru would be an assassin in the end.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 5, 2014 6:03 PM

Mar 2012
Aside from the music that is too cheesy like it is comming from some cheap horror or mistery movie eveything is a good setup episode.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 5, 2014 6:11 PM

Jan 2011
I like the sinister look the characters have, so Haru has done something bad? Interesting.
[center]
Apr 5, 2014 6:18 PM

May 2012
I'm already in love, but that's my Sugita bias talking.

Interesting first episode, but I'm excited to get to know the other students better.
Apr 5, 2014 6:34 PM

Feb 2010
I'm a sucker for game-ish scenarios with high stakes and while I enjoy good ones like Kaiji more than bad ones like Mirai Nikki, I always enjoy them to some degree. Akuma no Riddle is another one of those and while the premise is a bit silly, I have no problems upping my suspension of disbelief for that. I think this won't be a dramatic and serious show like Kaiji, but more along the lines of just having fun with the premise, which is also fine. And the girls-only cast and the Yuri tag make things a bit more interesting too, despite not being a yuri fanboy, I also don't hate it :>. Doesn't seem to be a prominent feature of the show though. So I'm expecting a fun ride even if this is probably not gonna be a 'great' show.

also +1 for sugita bias
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 5, 2014 6:59 PM

Dec 2010
This wasn't bad for an introduction episode at all. The atmosphere is already there, and you can certainly color me intrigued!

Of course I'm a complete sucker for battle royale style shows!
Apr 5, 2014 7:08 PM

Sep 2013
I love this, it's gonna be a major pain waiting 1 week every time, aarrrrggghhh it's already starting to hurt.
Apr 5, 2014 7:20 PM

Mar 2014
NeoAnkara said:
Aside from the music that is too cheesy like it is comming from some cheap horror or mistery movie eveything is a good setup episode.

Yeah that really bugged me too, I hope they stop with that it ruins the mood...not just in this tho, in a lot of different shows I can think of as well...
Apr 5, 2014 7:32 PM

Nov 2012
Liked the action.

Liked Tokaku x Haru.

I want to see Haru's true self.

Tokaku is pretty even when she's training.

Wanna know about that flashback too.
VanishingKiraApr 5, 2014 7:39 PM
Apr 5, 2014 7:44 PM

Feb 2012
Awesome! Cant wait for next week.
Apr 5, 2014 7:45 PM

Dec 2013
Looks promising. It gave me a Btoomish feeling
Apr 5, 2014 8:07 PM

Dec 2008
Hmm... I don't know about this one. However, I may just keep watching for Banba-san. That bitch is cra cra! I like cra cra!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 5, 2014 8:51 PM

Oct 2010
A pretty average intro episode for the season, though I did like the diversity of the 13 different girls, especially Banba. During the day her name is Mahiru (真昼), which means "midday" or "noon"、but during night her second personality comes out called Shinya (深夜), meaning "deep night" or "midnight".

Even their names are polar opposites of each other. That's an interesting touch.
Apr 5, 2014 8:52 PM
Jan 2014
rebpanda said:
Sakura Trick made quite a mockery of the genre.
Luckily you've got Yuruyuri in your favourites so I don't have to take your opinion on what constitutes 'good yuri' seriously.

This, I like this, Although I like Yuruyuri, i definately wouldnt say is yuri at all, and sakura trick was amazing, made me smile every episode, Akuma no Riddle seems set to be as good as Sakura trick. I just hope its not like El Cazador de la Bruja in the emotional sense with no physical stuff ever happening.
Apr 5, 2014 8:57 PM
Jan 2014
DGemu said:
2014 year of the yuri, amirit?

Been a good 3 and a bit yuri filled months, hope there is one for summer and autumn aswell, maybe thats being greedy, oh well, want more yuri
Apr 5, 2014 9:55 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Kinda reminds of Noir. Hopefully is at least nearly as good... and with yuri.

DGemu said:

Let's hope. Now if only Octave got an adaptation...
Apr 6, 2014 12:24 AM

Mar 2014
HashiriNio said:
sarroush said:
HashiriNio said:
okanagan said:

Yeah, you're right lol! I believe this was the reason tho, even if she could've used -san for everyone... But using -chan for someone you don't know is disrespectful, so this is probably why she didn't use it :3

Just in case, I also reply.

It is so simple answer that a person who grew up in Japan cannot have a such question. Haru thought some girls were boys by their names, as every replies.

In addition:

Isuke is completely a male name. Parents in Japan never name their girl Isuke.
Tokaku, Hitsugi and Nio are not realistic names in present day, especially Hitsugi. Maybe a Japanese may think those are male names.
Haruki is a name for a male and a female. (basically for a male)

And it indicates her personality. Haru is not childish because she didn't use "-chan" to everyone. But she is not completely adult because she didn't use "-san" to everyone.
Apr 6, 2014 12:56 AM

Aug 2013
BatoKusanagi said:

I like you. You're probably my most favorite person...like today. *hugs*
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 6, 2014 1:36 AM

Sep 2010
Meh....... But there is Yuri.......

2.5/5
twonlineApr 6, 2014 1:48 AM
Apr 6, 2014 2:30 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
First off, Sakura Trick was greatness! Akuma no Riddle doesn't seem like its going to display that gigantic amount of yuri, but I'll be happy with scattered moments and subtleties. Any yuri is good yuri :).

BatoKusanagi said:
Kinda reminds of Noir. Hopefully is at least nearly as good... and with yuri.

DGemu said:

Adapt Pieta!!! Octave or Girlfriends would be great too. I haven't read those two yet, but I hear they are greatness and I'll take all the yuri we can get :).
Apr 6, 2014 2:58 AM

Mar 2014
Whoa I've just checked, and there are only 2 volumes of manga so far. I'm afraid they will have to stretch future episodes...
Apr 6, 2014 3:35 AM

Mar 2014
what i was waiting for , action + yuri :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2014 3:54 AM

Jan 2011
I'm down. I liked it.

It was gritty, a little disjointed, and all those assassins are stone cold. I like it. I don't see it being very cerebral but it should stay entertaining. Fingers crossed it remains good. Dem evil grins baby.
Apr 6, 2014 3:55 AM

May 2013
KingYoshi said:
Any yuri is good yuri :).
Except Kannazuki no Miko. And Strawberry Panic. And Gokujo, Kuttsukiboshi, Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, Mnemosyne... oh snap.
Apr 6, 2014 3:56 AM

Jan 2011
Mizusi said:
KingYoshi said:
Any yuri is good yuri :).
Except Kannazuki no Miko. And Strawberry Panic. And Gokujo, Kuttsukiboshi, Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, Mnemosyne... oh snap.

Thank you for putting a "snap" to that uninformed comment. And btw Mnemosyne is still cringe worthy.
Apr 6, 2014 3:59 AM

May 2013
IZEROII said:
Thank you for putting a "snap" to that uninformed comment
You're welcome, uninformed-san.
IZEROII said:
And btw Mnemosyne is still cringe worthy.
Who said otherwise?
Apr 6, 2014 5:20 AM

Oct 2013
This is pretty bad boys.
I hope it gets better.
Apr 6, 2014 5:41 AM

Jan 2012
I rather enjoyed the episode. However I'm confused about all this 12 assassins 1 target stuff. What's the damn point of this?

Apr 6, 2014 5:59 AM

Aug 2011
Compared to some others who were out the same day I think Akuma no Riddle was pretty fine. Gonna wait the next episodes to see if I will continue watching it. But i like the characters/ graphis and story sooo... :D
Reminds me a bit of Danganronpa :D
Apr 6, 2014 6:15 AM

Jul 2010
Not my thing at all, also, pretty generic and average. Won't continue.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

369 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.