Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 11, 2014 9:16 AM

Dec 2013
This anime is actually really starting to piss me off that all the death flags are male characters and basically killing off all the males in the show. So female's can't fight or something? Come on man.
Mar 11, 2014 4:02 PM

Jul 2010
Hibbington said:
This anime is actually really starting to piss me off that all the death flags are male characters and basically killing off all the males in the show. So female's can't fight or something? Come on man.

Yeah it bothered me to see all of the females stay behind and not offer their combat skills. Whether male or female, you enlisted in the service as a soldier. All soldiers should fight.

I think this show has strong female characters. But I agree with you that it's getting old watching all the guys go off and get killed while the girls do nothing.
Mar 11, 2014 5:42 PM

Jul 2012
MotRin said:
I'm really starting to expect that they all will die ( they should given the way they fight).

Nah, not the main characters at least. I'm 99% sure the they won't die.

Kalisto said:
Hibbington said:

Yeah it bothered me to see all of the females stay behind and not offer their combat skills. Whether male or female, you enlisted in the service as a soldier. All soldiers should fight.

I think this show has strong female characters. But I agree with you that it's getting old watching all the guys go off and get killed while the girls do nothing.

^ This omg. I felt like this episode was being so sexist...
Mar 11, 2014 8:33 PM

Mar 2009
It's kind of pointless that they're all sacrificing themselves for the sake of...sacrificing themselves. Why didn't they run off like the others?

Other than that, I felt bad for Ignacio. His own mother prostituting herself so they can eat....god damn that's harsh.
Mar 11, 2014 10:52 PM

Aug 2012
What the hell is up with this show? Up until the first real attack, the show was freaking awesome. Then all of a sudden everyone starts dying and all character development has come to a screeching halt for 3 episodes. Did they suddenly use up all the money they had in their budget? It's like they ran out of resources after the first bombing, so they had to cut back on creative writing, voice actors, and visuals and somehow get to the 12 episode minimum limit on nothing but cup ramen for lunch.

Fuck this show. I don't care what happens in the end any more.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Mar 12, 2014 12:16 PM

Nov 2010
Finally the backgroundstory of Ignacio, the flickering fire at behind was annoying
So he and Karl are stepbrothers

The following action scenes were nice
Mar 13, 2014 12:00 AM

Oct 2013
Oh god, Ignacio proved that he is the best character of this show. WAY BETTER than the main duo (Claire and Kal).
Just hoping for Ari x Igna ending. Pls don't die Ignacio. Death Flags on him are scary.

Zeally said:
why don't they just ally themselves with the Levamme empire and have the Santa Cruz rape their faces. Mother fucking Charles meng

^^^^^^^^^^THIS.

gino_san said:
I feel like i'm the only person enjoying this show here.

Don't worry, you're not the only one here, I'm enjoying this show too. Pearl of this season, I tell you.
NuviMar 13, 2014 12:10 AM
Mar 13, 2014 12:33 AM

Mar 2009
The only thing that show does good is make me laugh about all the dorama.
There are just too many things unexplained.
Like why there was even a revolution to begin with.
Mar 13, 2014 2:21 AM

Mar 2014
billybob300c said:
4. Noripii and kal are so stupid to join a fight w/ just rifles

This, i will never understand why they use rifles in the sky. What did they learn in the school about weapons and their trajectory? It seems about nothing. A breeze on the ground can easily change over long distance the trajectory of projectile of the weapon (rifle) over many meters. Now, what do you think about strong wind in the sky? The result is just a facepalm...
funnyRunnyMar 13, 2014 2:34 AM
Mar 13, 2014 4:14 AM

Dec 2012
oh, so Ignacio had a past like that, no wonder he hates the royal family...didn't expect them to be half siblings...

Igna saying it was Karl who stole Claire's dream of flying, hmmm, but i digress...i guess Igna just trying to make Karl see the whole situation...

death flags here, death flags there, death flags everywhere! to sacrifice your life just to buy time and for what? to judge the enemies distance, it's just plain stupid...they treat their students like dolls, they should just ally themselves with the Levamme empire...had enough of this "i want to protect you and everyone else" crap...

2 more episodes left...

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Mar 13, 2014 8:36 AM
Jan 2013
I don't get it why students pick such weak weapons ?? These low range, few shots rifles can work only in scouting on land, not in air fights. Even if they have not any practice with operating machine gun they still would have bigger chances of getting their enemy.

Fightings in air battles with sth like this is pure suicide that even wont bring any chances for victory.

They didn't think to bring more machine guns??
Mar 13, 2014 9:39 AM

Mar 2014
Ignacio past is quite similiar to Karl I mean they both are really attached to their mother and losing their home but I guess the differences is that Ignacio he lives alone and that is why he is more experience
Mar 13, 2014 12:47 PM

Oct 2009
Ignacio's past is quite similar to Kal's huh...how the hell is this gonna end in 2 episodes :///

The art dropped quite a bit than usual.
Mar 13, 2014 2:21 PM

Nov 2008
Isla should ditch their VTOL aircraft because they are woefully inadequate for dogfighting. They should make single seat fighters which are better suited for the role.

Ignacio has godlike skills which definitely defy logic...imagine downing 3 enemy planes in a span of seconds with a bolt-action anti tank weapon!
I need money to buy ship slots in KanColle.
Mar 13, 2014 5:20 PM
Feb 2012
Rinse and Repeat on who's going to die next hu? I like it overall, but the foreshadowing on who's going to die next is kind of obvious.

I don't understand why they are forced to use those planes, they are slow and requires a person to aim at a airplane which is like nearly impossible. If people struggle with mounted gun at the front of the plane to shoot other planes,now adding a person in the equation will just make it ever harder. And why a little puny rifle? Think it's easier if they just give them mounted machine guns or the gun Ignacio was using which looked like a armor piercing sniper rifle. Show lacks a bit of logic, but it's still interesting to watch.
rraannddooMar 13, 2014 5:28 PM
Mar 14, 2014 1:51 AM

Dec 2012
Is it wrong that I think Karl is the most annoying character? I would have much rather Ariel be the main character than him. He's almost as annoying as Yuki from Mirai Nikki >_<
Except Yuki got a little better over time, Karl just gets more annoying every episode.
Mar 15, 2014 6:57 AM

Dec 2011
Wow. Ignacio is Kal-el's step bro? My goodness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2014 5:41 PM

Feb 2013
I laughed during that "believe in yourself" vision of the kid that died. I know they were trying to have a serious moment... but wow that was corny.
Mar 15, 2014 9:54 PM

Oct 2010
Airi's a shitty sibling. Just lets Ignacio take Kal out to beat the shit out of him, fully aware that he hates Kal's guts.

And Kal also, just take those punches like a little bitch.
"You say I stole Nina's dream from her? She fucking killed my entire family, and stole my entire life from me. You count the 1-2-3s, dumbshit" would have been an appropriate reply, but that would be expecting too much from a generic, spineless main character. :/
Mar 15, 2014 10:33 PM

May 2010
Kyuutoryuu said:
Damn, Ignacio turns from total shut-in to #1 badass. I like this guy.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 17, 2014 4:02 PM

Aug 2013
Deathooo flagooo!!!

Seriously, it's as they were already dead. Poor them, the writter decided to kill them, they have no chance :(

Ignacio can be a boss when he want it. So now we know where is hatred for Kal came from. No wonder he grew bitter and see Nina as a godess...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 18, 2014 12:21 AM

Jan 2013
Another great episode.
They're doing a good job on the tension in the aerial combat scenes.
Mar 18, 2014 3:09 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

I know why Igna has that gun, is a blacksmith, and the other not! XD
Episode not bad, but so many doubts crowd my mind, I hope are able to provide answers coherent and feasible. the next episode will be a "real" carnage? * _ *
Plot and narrative not bad, however the episode too short for my taste.
Drawings and animations do not live up to expectations.
OST God!
Mar 18, 2014 5:21 AM

Jun 2012
Dammit, Noriaki and Benji better not die. Obviously Kal-el (and probably Ignacio) isn't going to die though, because of his literal plot armor that seems to create a body sized force-field. Have to admit I shed at tear when Noriaki said he was going to go... dat manliness.

I liked how their commanders gave up their titles for the students.
HalibelTheEspadaMar 18, 2014 5:24 AM
Mar 23, 2014 3:16 PM

Jan 2011
They are still not using their aircraft right. They can instantly (for an aircraft) move into all directions, and they can shoot in all directions, but they still either get into regular dogfights or simply stand still.
Mar 24, 2014 3:00 PM

Jun 2011
Every partner loves each other now, so IgnaxKarl when?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 31, 2014 10:16 PM
Aug 2011
I wish the girls had a little more backbone.
All they've been doing is screaming, crying, and being saved by the boys. Bleh.
Apr 5, 2014 8:38 AM

May 2012
It's really developing quite lovely, but damn I've got a bad feeling on what's going to happen next!
May 22, 2014 1:27 PM

Dec 2011
Amazing episode, impressive how Ignacio and Kal-el worked together, even tho Kal-el was pretty awkward hahahaha it kinda made me laugh

If Banji dies too, that wold be too predictable plot, again making ppll love a secondary character to kill him, plus i like his name
Aug 22, 2014 9:44 PM

Jun 2009
Superman really needed that tough love.
I think Ariel would be great as a mechanic/chef as well.

Igna is really great with the rifle, yo. He needs to be nerfed.
Benji got the short end of the stick.

I was twiddling my thumbs the entire episode.
Jan 2, 2015 9:38 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Why use rifles in the sky? Here you have Wolfgang and Ignacio who used different weapons, high powered ones to be exact, and these students are using outdated rifles.

I disagree with Ignacio. Claire chose to not continue at the school because she is Nina Viento and she couldn't keep her secret hidden anymore. Therefore, her dream to fly was ended by herself.

I really hope Benji and Noripii survive. It would leave a bad taste if Benji gets killed. Chiharu and Mitsuo never really got together, and now this Sharon x Benji pair could finally blossom. At least have one relationship work out.

Feb 22, 7:55 PM

Aug 2019
Honestly like so done with this show LOL but there's only two episodes left so might as well see this one to the end. As of right now though this is probably like a 6/10 for me personally. I really can't give it anything higher than that. Things looked like they were getting better like once the plane fights started but I think things are only getting worse from here
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

111 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2014

189 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 2:03 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2014

133 by Swizze »»
Jun 14, 2019 7:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.