Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 19, 2015 3:31 AM
Aug 2012
MateusGott said:
These guys who are filling the bag with "incest" and "harem" are very bad accustomed lol

Incest and a few mistresses is common in royalty.

SukiMikasa said:
so no 2nd season im guessing?

I guess they could do what Non Non Biyori Repeat did.
TropicalwoodSep 19, 2015 3:42 AM
Sep 19, 2015 3:46 AM

May 2014
I really didn't expect it
Shuu won
But it's the best ^^

at lease in this last ep,I could watch Teru is showing his power again
He's so cute cool XD
I love these two <3[url[/url]
Sep 19, 2015 6:46 AM
Jan 2014
Like father, like son. :)
Sep 19, 2015 6:53 AM

Dec 2013
Somehow I wish they'd actually followed the manga and left room for the possibility for a second (and perhaps even third) season.
This was a decent enough comedy SOL with it's fair share of funny, cute and dramatic moments, which didn't deviate from the overall theme of the show.

Loved the characters, with all their flaws and insecurities, though it seems to me that Haruka was the one who got the short end of the stick when it came to overall screen time and character development. We even got some background on the parents as well, which was a big plus in my book. Still would have been great if we got to see the mom's siblings making appearances as well....

8/10 for me. This show doesn't try to be what it's not, and does a great job at showing what it is. Wish there were plans for more though.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 19, 2015 7:11 AM

Jun 2014
I called it! Shuu became King! I knew it! And a good finale! Like the plot the characters everything!
One of the best this season :D
8/10!!
Sep 19, 2015 7:37 AM
Jul 2012
I really enjoyed this series but it was too short!!!!!!
Sep 19, 2015 7:43 AM

Dec 2014
So Shuu's the next King. Fair enough.
It was a very good series indeed. Akane is the character I'll miss the most. ):
Sep 19, 2015 2:37 PM

Jul 2009
I like that Shuu won but I would have liked for them to more clearly show WHY he won. But yes I'm 99% satisfied with this turnout.

The other 1% is because the next best thing to happen would be if all of them ruled as like a joint council sort of thing.
Sep 19, 2015 3:45 PM

Feb 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Somehow I wish they'd actually followed the manga and left room for the possibility for a second (and perhaps even third) season.

Doubt the series sold too well. Second Season wouldn't happen either way, so I'm glad they decided to wrap it up here.
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Sep 19, 2015 4:33 PM

Dec 2014
Inugirlz said:
I like that Shuu won but I would have liked for them to more clearly show WHY he won. But yes I'm 99% satisfied with this turnout.

The other 1% is because the next best thing to happen would be if all of them ruled as like a joint council sort of thing.

Now that you mention it, this sure would be a nice conclusion.
Sep 20, 2015 12:35 AM

Apr 2013
Lmao, Shu not using his ability on the airship. Talm bout "ah".

This was a nice show.

What was the jawn they previewed at the end?

HaXXspetten said:

Shuu was the obvious pick for the good of the country

The only other pick I could see working out as well as him is probably Haruka tbh. Aoi would be in there too but her ability is lowkey kinda OP and dangerous.
SJ7izmSep 20, 2015 12:45 AM
Sep 20, 2015 7:47 AM

Nov 2013
never expect shuu will become a king. i expect akane will win the election, even though i want kanade to win.
but, he looks very suitable for a king.

that zeppelin was pretty random... but it's fun to see everybody work together.
one the best siblings that I've ever seen.

very nice show, i like it very much. 7/10
Sep 20, 2015 8:21 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Nice, Shuu is indeed the most fitting to be a king. Haruka could work too, but he is just too young to be a king, he would be a wise king in the future.

I think Shiori is a bit too mature and smart for her age, she is 4-5 year old according to MAL.

I've never expected I would enjoy this anime so much. I just randomly picked this and I couldn't believe how interesting this anime is.
Akane's blushings are also my main motivation to watch this show :>

This is definitely my Anime of the Season. Definitely would watch the 2nd Season if any.

9/10

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 20, 2015 11:24 AM

Aug 2010
Really loved this series a lot. Best thing was the way they focused on all the characters almost an equal amount even though they're quite a lot. Wished for more Shiori screen time tho :(

Shu winning was nice. It was mostly gonna be between him and Akane but he's the more logical choice. The Balloon incident and how it was handled was cool. Man Shiori's ability is awesome.

8/10.
Sep 20, 2015 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
Really solid and enjoyable show. 8/10. Shuu was the best decision to be king after all
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Sep 21, 2015 12:22 AM

Sep 2015
ahhhh should've figured out that Sato's role was that she would be the future queen of Sakurada...dat foreshadowing .
Sep 21, 2015 1:23 AM

Feb 2013
Great anime!!!

I'm pretty ok with the final decision with Shuu getting the win, I think it's a good fit....

Anyway,

8/10
Sep 21, 2015 5:01 AM

Sep 2013
I really liked the show.
But, the ending just made me a little disappointed. Don't really know why.
Shuu ending up as King was fine, although I was secretly rooting for Shiori....
*cough* I swear, I'm not a lolicon *cough*

Still was the second best anime this season for me after Rokka though! =)
Sep 21, 2015 3:57 PM

Oct 2012
So it was Akane who was Dandelion from the Castle Town, I kinda get the title of this show now. Hmm, but the ending was pretty bland. I kinda expected Shuu will become new king as he was the most fitting candidate. Kinda disappointing though as whole elections were pretty pointless in result.

(I get it their father wanted to make them stand for themselves but it was kinda half-assed decision as he could create many other opportunity for them. And episodic feel of every episode didn't help either)

I somehow enjoyed this series as there were some good episodes out there but in the end there was almost nothing that would make this anime stand out. It was just forgettable, average in all its aspects. Which is not bad if you think about it but it's not good either.

5/10 Watch and forget.
(yeah, average score is 5, people, not 7)
Sep 21, 2015 4:47 PM

May 2015
I honestly thought Akane would've ended up as the king. Pretty nice final episode. Pretty damn enjoyable show it was. Thought it was pretty nice, even with such a huge cast. Will miss it. 8/10.

Sep 21, 2015 4:56 PM

Aug 2008
Kuro_Kishi said:

Showing to everyone who's boss, I see. I bet that the reason he took action like that was in order to gain him some last-minute points for the last spurt, since he could've just teleported the whole blimp, as Akane pointed out. He's a smart one, I tell ya :p

But yeah, very good series. Akane even grew on me more than I expected too! The end card was pretty sweet too, and very fitting since it came from the original author too :p
Sep 21, 2015 5:16 PM

May 2013
I laughed out loud when Kanade announced her intention to rule with an iron fist *whiplash*

I am surprised the father didn't said "Since I am retired I am going on a second honey moon, expect new siblings when we return!"

hlubkoj2020 said:
At least no one gets hurt and like Akane say, why didn't Shuu just use his power?

I think there must be limits to his power, just like Akane couldn't completely decelerate the blimp, Shuu can't teleport objects that big.
mangamuscleSep 22, 2015 7:26 AM
Sep 21, 2015 9:10 PM

Jun 2013
BOO!! I don't want it to be over
10/10 :D
Sep 21, 2015 10:36 PM

Mar 2015
It was okay-ish. It was fun but not that good. Especially the ending is kind of anti-climatic and out of nowhere. A sick guy? Check. Main characters help each other to not leave behind any rivalry hatred between them? Check.

Of course Shu wins. Otherwise why would there be so much thing revolved around him (even I think he got more story than Akane).

So I'd rate 6/10 for the story and what I think kinda lame ending. Oh well, does that mean there will not be a second season? HanaKana and Akane would drag me for 2nd season surely.

Sep 21, 2015 11:20 PM

Jun 2008
Shu winning made me drop my final score from 7 to 6. Bullshit. I quite liked this show until those last few minutes.
Sep 22, 2015 1:01 AM

Jun 2015
Gutted that Aoi decided to drop out of the running. But Shu makes a good King. When Shiori grows up, she'd make the best King :D

Nice way to end the series; was actually worried at one point they wouldn't show who won the elections, but glad they did. Also nice to see them work together with their powers to save the citizens.

Overall I give this a solid 7/10.

Interesting story, good set of characters. Cheesy at times, but makes for easy viewing. Art was fine; OP and ED themes were a little cutesy, but suits the series.

Sep 22, 2015 1:34 AM

Jul 2013
Quite an entertaining show. I'm actually quite satisfied that Shu won. It's either her or Kanade since I somehow knew Aoi would have withdrawn. Glad it's not Akane because she's definitely not king material.

What's sad is there'll be no 2nd season for sure. This family is so cute I wouldn't mind watching more of their day-to-day antics.

8/10

PS: Oh, and not enough Shiori!! She's so precious that she almost topple K-On's Ui as my most wanted anime imouto
MoeGodSep 22, 2015 8:36 AM
Sep 22, 2015 6:35 AM
Mar 2015
didn't expect shu to be the king.
i thought it would be kanade or akane.
Because Shi was in 4th place i thought he is not gonna have a chance to be a king
Sep 22, 2015 7:47 AM

Jan 2011
That actually might have been the best episode. In any case, well done finale. I'm glad Shu was the king elect. Just seems like that fits.

Entertaining show and I enjoyed the dynamic cast each week.

Shiori is life.
Sep 22, 2015 9:55 AM

Feb 2012
This series wasn't anything too special, but it had a lot things I liked and were really well done.

First of all, the overall production value of the whole series was very high. I am thankful for that.

I really liked the character designs and the voice cast were just excellent.

Solid 8/10. I could return to the series some day, so I would see Akane again.
Sep 22, 2015 10:48 AM

Mar 2014
Haven't had this much fun watching a 1-cour show in a while.. it wasn't the best by far, but for me - it was fun.

I genuinely thought that they were going the obvious route and select Akane/Kanade as the new King (Or Queens..? I don't know xD) but Shuu actually got that spot.
Though with that speech, it was kinda already confirmed now that I think about it.
Sep 22, 2015 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good show and the fact that Akane didn't become king made it even better for me. Shuu is a much better choice even though I was rooting for Kanade but tbh she will be a dictator so this was better.
Sep 22, 2015 12:50 PM

Nov 2012
9/10 for me.
I really, really enjoyed the show.
I will miss it :(
Sep 22, 2015 1:14 PM

Mar 2009
Well, damn. I expected Akane to win.
Sep 22, 2015 1:42 PM

Jul 2009
I was sure Aoi would give up, and it was nice that she told everyone about her power.
I was expecting Akane to win, but it was Shuu, guess his speech while saving everyone really helped him out, he and Hana does a really nice couple.
I really enjoyed this serie, more than others that had fights and all...
8/10
Sep 22, 2015 2:09 PM

May 2010
This was a surprise. To think Shuu would win... I was team Misaki all the way, but thought it would be Akane. But I guess Shuu is a good choice. He's the eldest son and this might be preplanned from the start to make him the king. Which means the purpose of the election was to give an opportunity to our main cast for their character growth. Not bad.

AND THAT END CARD IS MY ABSOLUTE FAV! PERFECT WAY TO CONCLUDE <3

All in all, 9/10. Highly satisfying.
Sep 23, 2015 1:15 PM

Nov 2014
I'm surprised it had such solid ending. I expected it to be slow SoL anime, but even when marathoning 12 eps I didn't get bored even for a second.
Sep 23, 2015 1:45 PM

Mar 2014
Great ending, this was a really nice comfy show with some great humor. I'll really miss it :s. Anyways grats to Shuu!
Sep 24, 2015 12:13 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I'm glad Akane didn't become king; she just seemed so incompetent to me. She had good intentions but I couldn't really see her getting anything done.
I was down for Haruka or Misaki as king but I knew that wasn't happening.
Shuu was a good choice.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 24, 2015 3:40 AM

Dec 2012
Gotta love Aoi, although she ironically makes the best queen material, she really just wants a normal life. Shu as the next king huh? That certainly took me off guard, but the whole thing with the airship proved his leadership skills and how reliable he could be. Got a good chuckle when he realized he could have just teleported it though.

Overall this turned out to be my hidden gem of the summer season. I really wasn't expecting anything beyond wanting to hear HanaKana and it ended up being a great deal of fun. It was also sweet and heartwarming to see how each of the siblings grew from this election. That was probably the whole point of it - to let each of them discover what they truly want from themselves and that regardless of who won, each of them would choose a fulfilling path that best suits them. Particularly Akane, who despite losing and still staying in the public eye, seems less bothered by it and more open about who she is. Just like that dandelion at the end, she's making her way through the cracks to let her true self bloom without being tucked away out of sight.

7/10
Sep 24, 2015 7:42 AM

Oct 2013
Very happy with the conclusion and if you think about it, Shuu was indeed the best choice. He had good reasons for wanting to become king, a solid amount of votes to compete with the others.

- Kanade's initially had poor reasons to become king(queen) - one shouldn't become a ruler for the sake of just one person, no matter how close, and afterwards she kind of just wanted to do it for herself so yea...

- Akane's personally just didn't stand right with being a kin -queen.

- Aoi didn't want to do it, like at all. Yea sure, she was a nice, reliable & caring onee-san but we didn't see why she'd want to win even if she didn't have such powers.

- Haruka would probably be the closest thing to my 2nd choice, even thought I agree that staying in a secretary role fit's him better. He has the plans, but lack's some of the public charisma that others have, so working in the background is the best for him.

- Misaki wouldn't have been so bad either because as Haruka said, she understood the common people the most. However, reasons though..."I want to be king to so that Haruka would notice me..." eh...yea, pass...She also got involved a bit too much with common tasks that she'd probably have a hard time dealing with things on a larger scale. Certainly not a bad thing, but wouldn't call it kin--queen material.

- Hikari...you just do your idol thing, mkay?

- Teru's probably better suited to lead a police force, firemen or an agency that rescues people from natural disasters or something(when he's older ofc)

- As for Shiori, who knows how she'd up when she's older. Though I'd see her better as a vet, or helping running a hospital with Kanade.

Enjoyable little show anyway, with it's ups & downs. It was a given that having nine main characters in a twelve ep anime would make for some eps to be hit or miss depending on who you fancy. Like, I would've loved for all the time spent on Hikari's idol business to be replaced with more Shu & Sato. Sato in particular managed to shine more than some of the siblings - she's the unsung hero that REALLY needed more screentime.

7/10 - and Sato best girl.
Sep 24, 2015 7:09 PM

Jul 2010
That was a funny series and Shuu became the king :3

8/10
Sep 24, 2015 7:56 PM

Sep 2012
I wanted Shuu to win and expected a cop-out ending like a tie or "the election will go on for another year" etc, so I am very pleasantly surprised with how it turned out.

I had no expectations for this show whatsoever in the beginning but as more and more episodes came out I became a huge fan.

Shuu and Hana forever~
Sep 24, 2015 8:15 PM
Dec 2012
Shuu becomes the king? I was expecting either Kanade or Akane to be the king after Aoi withdraw herself from the election. Haruka probably already knows who is going to be the king and just keep quiet about it. Also, I don't think Aoi telling the citizens her true ability is a good idea...
Sep 25, 2015 3:14 AM

Feb 2010
I like how the show ended peacefully and not with unnecessarily forced drama
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Sep 25, 2015 8:49 AM

Jul 2012
Happy that Shuu became the king :D though I didn't expect it at first, because I always thought Akane was going to win.
Sep 26, 2015 8:57 AM

Sep 2013
Hmm satisfied ending from my opinion 7/10
Sep 26, 2015 9:05 AM

Sep 2013
Shuu is King :O
It fits, nice ending 8/10
Sep 27, 2015 3:57 PM

Jan 2011
Dandelion was one of this season's most enjoyable for me. Great comedy and amazing characters, especially Akane. :'D

Cannot give this lower than 8/10, so 8/10 it is.

Cashdax said:
I like how the show ended peacefully and not with unnecessarily forced drama

Yup.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 28, 2015 12:18 AM

Jun 2012
An expected happy ending. A good show to me. As far as I'm concerned, I was happy with the screen time for each character. I feel like everyone had his moment. A good entertainment, above average.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Joukamachi no Dandelion Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

100 by SodaFarl »»
Jan 1, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Joukamachi no Dandelion Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2015

128 by Thorison1080 »»
Jul 17, 2023 11:15 AM

Poll: » Joukamachi no Dandelion Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

70 by FarCritical »»
May 27, 2023 8:33 AM

Poll: » Joukamachi no Dandelion Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

71 by FarCritical »»
May 27, 2023 8:02 AM

Poll: » Joukamachi no Dandelion Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

78 by FarCritical »»
May 27, 2023 5:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.