Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2019 6:37 AM

Oct 2019
Nefregar said:
I wonder what they're gonna write about this in their seasonal statistics article thingy.

Probably just pretend it doesnt exist.
Dec 28, 2019 7:26 PM

Jul 2012
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Mayuka said:
Chihayafuru season 3 was beating someone's fave anime (Vinland Saga) - Allegedly

There's no way all this damage is done by the vinland saga comunity
pretty easy to create a bot or program to do it if you have the knowledge to. I'm pretty sure that guy didn't do it manually at least
Dec 29, 2019 12:00 AM
Aug 2019
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Mayuka said:
Chihayafuru season 3 was beating someone's fave anime (Vinland Saga) - Allegedly

There's no way all this damage is done by the vinland saga comunity

believe it or not %98 of the 1 votes are from same guy's bot accounts
Dec 29, 2019 9:56 AM

Mar 2012
KireiHanabi said:
rooru-kun said:

They even went out with their facebook campaign of highest rated series of 2019 including ongoing shows ignoring completely Chihayafuru issue. They don't give a sh"t if their credibility is on the floor.
You just can't rely on Mal scores anymore. It's just what MAL community has become.
This all the way. The FMA fandom has many fans that are also full of shit these days since many of them down vote any competing series. It was an amazing manga, it's been over 10 years since its end and there are better manga and anime out now (like SnK which filled the hole in em that FMA left when it ended) but this is MAL now. This is ssiue won't eb fixed for a long time if ever.
Dec 29, 2019 4:42 PM

Jul 2012
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Imagine what will happen when aot season 4 will air and believe me...it will dethrone FMAB for a while... if they cannot solve this it's gonna be another bloodbath and it's their fault for allowing it
actually something like this can only happen to chihayafuru since it's viewer base is already so small. it's a very niche anime but something like AOT s4, you would need like 100,000 bots to lower it's score whereas, chihayafuru you only needed 1000+ to make a significance drop

Lel0uchZer0 said:
Mayuka said:
pretty easy to create a bot or program to do it if you have the knowledge to. I'm pretty sure that guy didn't do it manually at least

If this is done by ONE person this is extremely embarassing for MAL cause it means i can be tracked in an instant

not if you setup different ip addresses per bot.. which is also doable.
Dec 29, 2019 7:10 PM

Jul 2012
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Mayuka said:
actually something like this can only happen to chihayafuru since it's viewer base is already so small. it's a very niche anime but something like AOT s4, you would need like 100,000 bots to lower it's score whereas, chihayafuru you only needed 1000+ to make a significance drop

not if you setup different ip addresses per bot.. which is also doable.

Yes but the bots acted in a little period of time
Few days at most
Still embarassing
by the times the moderators/admins noticed, it was too late :(

i think only 3-4 of them are in charge of these things? the rest of the staff are in charge of other things like database (like approving new manga)
Dec 30, 2019 1:55 AM

Feb 2019
Lel0uchZer0 said:
noregretmyman said:
nah they're not gonna fix the bot problem,imagine the shitshow if all anime entry,or those top 50 anime true scores suddenly got revealed,the ranking probably stay the same but the scores gonna change ,imagine pissing off all cancer anime fanbase at once,too much hassle.

The rankings would not stay the same
Both LOTGH and aot s3p2 would shoot up ahead of FMAB
I don't think LOTGH will benefit much considering a lot of trolls I have seen give LOTGH a 10 for example there are accounts named gingaboost which were created solely to boost LOTGH scores. The only ones to actually benefit would be gintama entries. Either way, HxH and FMA:B would see some drop in the score.
Dec 30, 2019 11:35 AM
Aug 2018
they won't do anything, unfortunately. still blaiming VS fans, but the most important thing is supporting this wonderful series.
Dec 30, 2019 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
MAL only cares about keeping FMAB on the top. Poor Chihayafuru 3 and Lotgh.
Dec 30, 2019 9:14 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I was hoping they actually cared but I guess not.
ACasualViewerDec 30, 2019 9:18 PM
Dec 30, 2019 11:32 PM

Jul 2012
edelgord said:
LOTGH is at a solid average rating of 9.04... what are you talking about?
Dec 30, 2019 11:35 PM
Jul 2015
BNHA brainlets need to keep their shitty slideshow on top so they brigade the actual AOTS with 1 scores.

Nothing can me done when this ancient website is run by a skeleton crew.
Dec 31, 2019 2:25 AM

Jul 2013
YoshiYogurt said:
BNHA brainlets need to keep their shitty slideshow on top so they brigade the actual AOTS with 1 scores.

Nothing can me done when this ancient website is run by a skeleton crew.

I like both shows...
Dec 31, 2019 5:10 PM

Jan 2016
So, uh.... @Luna, as the year comes to a close, any news? I understand MAL's undergoing a lot right now and trying to make sure that whatever new solution is implemented is robust and accurate, but it's been a while now and seeing the news dry up, want to confirm that a solution's still in the works.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Dec 31, 2019 7:37 PM

Oct 2013
By the way, I just wanted to say: I saw the score for the 3rd season and I was super confused. After reading this thread, I have started watching Chihayafuru. I always had this series on my list, but never got around to watching it. Funny because I probably would have skipped out on this series for a while if this scoring incident never happened.

It's not a big "fuck you" to whoever is doing this crap, but I love my Slice of Life genre. I sincerely appreciate everyone's passion and I hope I will come to treasure Chihayafuru as well.
Jan 1, 2020 6:12 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
MaskOfIce said:
So, uh.... @Luna, as the year comes to a close, any news? I understand MAL's undergoing a lot right now and trying to make sure that whatever new solution is implemented is robust and accurate, but it's been a while now and seeing the news dry up, want to confirm that a solution's still in the works.

Kineta just wrote something about it in the New Year announcement:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1818295

Rating Troll Score Fluctuations—We have been investigating backend changes to combat and prevent score fluctuations due to malicious up/down-voting accounts and plan to implement code for this problem in the beginning of the new year. Please be patient with us for a bit longer, and I will write a site announcement as soon as we have begun implementing changes.

I'm not closely involved in the actual work of the devs so I don't know about the different stages of new feature implementations and why exactly the actual implementation has not started yet. From what I know, MD's devs work very carefully though and make sure to understand and plan things before starting to implement something what might break or be problematic so that's probably the case here. That and the fact that no one is working during Christmas holidays. Hopefully the things can be implemented quickly once they're back working.
Jan 1, 2020 10:28 AM

Jun 2012
Just came to see if this show was done yet so I could binge it but then I saw the score and feared it was actually mediocre but luckily it was just bots downvoting this and the manga. Its prob as good as usual.
Jan 2, 2020 5:03 AM

Feb 2016
Mayuka said:
edelgord said:

LOTGH is a solid 9.04 because he has the highest percentage of 1/10 out of all Top 10 anime
while also having the highest percentage of 10/10 ... hmmm..
Jan 2, 2020 5:11 AM

Aug 2019
Really hope the mods do something about this. I don't even watch the show (but plan to) however, when you have such a disparity between scores of 1, and then scores of 2,3,4 and 5 there's clearly some trolling going on.

Jan 2, 2020 6:20 AM

Jun 2012
Hopefully the things can be implemented quickly once they're back working.

Going by how long the API is taking, don't count on it being soon.
Jan 2, 2020 7:00 AM

Oct 2019
Just looked at the anime of the decade list for MAL... Lets look at 2019 shall we? Oh whats this? No Chihayafuru 3 in the top 10 for score? MHHHHH I WONDER WHY? If they truly TRULY cared, they wouldve done an honorable mention for Chihayafuru 3. Or put us on the list with an *. But they didnt do any of that. They simply pretended it doesnt exist. That is unexcusable.
FionavarJan 2, 2020 7:10 AM
Jan 2, 2020 7:44 AM

Jul 2012
fubukyx said:
Mayuka said:

LOTGH is a solid 9.04 because he has the highest percentage of 1/10 out of all Top 10 anime
can you find accounts where they only watched LOTGH and rated it 1/10? If so, bring it up with the MAL staff.

Otherwise, I'm sure there are plenty of fanboys of FMA, Steins Gate, AOT, and whatnot fans that have spite rated it 1/10 since they're def not gonna watch such an old anime. Unfortunately, there's not much the Mods can do about spite rating since they are still legit accounts.
Jan 2, 2020 8:12 AM

Sep 2011
Fionavar said:
Just looked at the anime of the decade list for MAL... Lets look at 2019 shall we? Oh whats this? No Chihayafuru 3 in the top 10 for score? MHHHHH I WONDER WHY? If they truly TRULY cared, they wouldve done an honorable mention for Chihayafuru 3. Or put us on the list with an *. But they didnt do any of that. They simply pretended it doesnt exist. That is unexcusable.

That's why I wrote earlier that the end of a year for anime industry isn't 31st of December. They wanted to do the top 10 as quickly as possible to have an excuse to say that some shows are "still airing" (they did that as an excuse that somehow My Hero Academia isn't among top 10 and that they couldn't fix Chihayafuru before making top 10 without addressing the issue properly).
I am quite positive that if My Hero Academia S4 or Fruits Basket would have been finishing its run on lets say 28th of December they would have waited with making the list till it would have finished just so it can get higher place but since that wasn't the case or as a matter of fact quite the opposite they did it before some shows could have ended or like in Chihayafuru's case before its score could have been officially fixed.

I somehow can't imagine myself a situation where instead of Chihayafuru the problem would concern for example My Hero Academia and they would go with the list before fixing the problem and even if they did (which is very unlikely) there would be a sign bigger than the whole list screaming that My Hero Academia's rating has been messed with and that an updated list will be presented as soon as it has been fixed - on behalf of fairness <wink wink>

Edit: fixing some typos
LinaerisJan 2, 2020 8:25 AM
Jan 2, 2020 8:19 AM

Oct 2019
Linaeris said:
Fionavar said:

That's why I wrote earlier that the end of a year for anime industry isn't 31st of December. They wanted to do the top 10 as quickly as possible to have an excuse to say that some shows are "still airing" (they did that as an excuse that somehow My Hero Academia isn't among top 10) and that they couldn't fix Chihayafuru before making top 10.
I am quite positive that if My Hero Academia S4 or Fruits Bakset would have been finishing its run on lets say 28th of December they would have waited with making the list till it would have finished just so it can get higher place but since that wasn't the case or as a matter of fact quite the opposite they did it before some shows could have ended or like in Chihayafuru's case before its score could have been officially fixed.

I somehow can't imagine myself a situation where instead of Chihayafuru the problem would concern for example My Hero Academia and they would go with the list before fixing the problem and even if they did (which is very unlikely) there would be a sign bigger than the whole list screaming that My Hero Academia's rating has been messed with and that an updated list will be presented as soon as it has been fixed - on behalf of fairness <wink wink>

Its just not fucking fair...Chihayafuru deserves better.
Jan 2, 2020 8:55 AM
May 2019
Mayuka said:
fubukyx said:

can you find accounts where they only watched LOTGH and rated it 1/10? If so, bring it up with the MAL staff.

Otherwise, I'm sure there are plenty of fanboys of FMA, Steins Gate, AOT, and whatnot fans that have spite rated it 1/10 since they're def not gonna watch such an old anime. Unfortunately, there's not much the Mods can do about spite rating since they are still legit accounts.

There are fake boosting accounts for LOTGH too, it seems to me that no fanbase is immune to this type of toxic behaviour.
https://myanimelist.net/profile/tom46
https://myanimelist.net/profile/archindar5665
https://myanimelist.net/profile/AverageOtaku2011
https://myanimelist.net/profile/xtremspeed
https://myanimelist.net/profile/jazzplayer220
Jan 2, 2020 7:15 PM

Jan 2013
Yo when's this shit gonna get fixed? It's been a hot minute.
Jan 3, 2020 11:28 AM
Jan 2018
Still saw someone posted on Vinland Saga subreddit blaming them for giving 1's for Chihaya. Honestly don't get why it's still getting singled out. VS scores correspond to the manga though? The trolling is ridiculous. Any show airing with Chihaya can be blamed.
Amano_MayaJan 3, 2020 11:32 AM
Jan 3, 2020 12:30 PM

Oct 2019
Amano_Maya said:
Still saw someone posted on Vinland Saga subreddit blaming them for giving 1's for Chihaya. Honestly don't get why it's still getting singled out. VS scores correspond to the manga though? The trolling is ridiculous. Any show airing with Chihaya can be blamed.

It was done by people who downvoted chihayafuru AND upvoted vinland saga at the same time. Majority of the bots were like that. Also the downvoting started one or two days after Chihayafuru 3 overtook Vinland Saga on "Top Airing Anime"
Jan 3, 2020 12:31 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Amano_Maya said:
Probably because it all started happening as soon as Chihayafuru surpassed Vinland Saga in score on MAL, and more imporantly a large amounts of the identified bot accounts that were downvoting Chihayafuru were also upvoting Vinland Saga

But yes it wasn't the only show being tampered with in the other direction, there were some other seasonals that were upvoted too. But it was the most prominent example
Jan 3, 2020 12:32 PM

Oct 2019
HaXXspetten said:
Amano_Maya said:
Probably because it all started happening as soon as Chihayafuru surpassed Vinland Saga in score on MAL, and more imporantly a large amounts of the identified bot accounts that were downvoting Chihayafuru were also upvoting Vinland Saga

But yes it wasn't the only show being tampered with in the other direction, there were some other seasonals that were upvoted too. But it was the most prominent example

Lol. Almost wrote it at the same time :D
Jan 3, 2020 1:30 PM
Jan 2018
HaXXspetten said:
Amano_Maya said:

Ohh they were? I believe Vinland scores didn't change much until the last 2 episodes. But if this were true then most shows have already been tampered.
Jan 4, 2020 11:02 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Are they going to fix this or not?
Jan 5, 2020 12:27 AM

Feb 2018
Amano_Maya said:
HaXXspetten said:

Ohh they were? I believe Vinland scores didn't change much until the last 2 episodes. But if this were true then most shows have already been tampered.

Well, the viewership for vinland was 10- 20 times chihaya, so less noticeable effect.
Plus giving 1 affects rating 8 times more compared to rating 10.

Combined tge rating changed by (say 1.6 (chihaya change) /(10-20)*8 = 0.01 -0.02) for vinland, not a noticeable effect, right!!
shubh_jain_2Jan 5, 2020 12:32 AM
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Jan 5, 2020 2:24 PM
Jul 2015
ACasualViewer said:

They said they would be rolling a solution out at the start of December and so far nothing. random unscanlated manga remains in the top 100 since august and nothing has been done.
Jan 5, 2020 2:43 PM
Jan 2018
YoshiYogurt said:
ACasualViewer said:

They said they would be rolling a solution out at the start of December and so far nothing. random unscanlated manga remains in the top 100 since august and nothing has been done.

what is the manga that is on the top 100 that is unscanlated?
Jan 5, 2020 2:49 PM
Jul 2015
MrTacobell said:
YoshiYogurt said:

what is the manga that is on the top 100 that is unscanlated?

it moved to #121 now but it was Sakura Quest, Shirobako etc.

Sad because people do actually want to read those.
Jan 5, 2020 10:49 PM
Nov 2013
What did Chihayafuru do to deserve this???

Without those 1s, it would have a score of 8.83
Jan 5, 2020 11:53 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
It did nothing to deserve this, but Vinland fans are pretty much the saltiest on this site after FMA:B fans.
Jan 6, 2020 3:40 PM
May 2012
Hi.
I just found out about the this season. After all these years, what a surprise ><
And then I found about this topic.
As of today, 19.2% of the votes are 1s. JESUS ...
What the heck has mal turned into? :S
Jan 6, 2020 6:09 PM

Jul 2012
Hi, mods. Please make sure this show can't be "completed".

Summary Stats
Watching: 20,218
Completed: 8
Jan 6, 2020 6:17 PM

Jun 2015
Mayuka said:
Hi, mods. Please make sure this show can't be "completed".

Summary Stats
Watching: 20,218
Completed: 8
If you set any currently airing show to completed it eventually moves by itself, not completely sure if to watching but most likely so. Those 8 completed must be recent, less than 24 hours I'd assume.
Jan 7, 2020 3:19 AM

Jun 2019
Fionavar said:

Actually, it seems that MAL staff decided to rush and took the data before 2019 anime finished airing. Here is a quote by Shymander (look at the comments on my profile for the source material)

"All data was recorded on the 22nd of December."

Some people brought this issue (concerning Chihayafuru S3) to him with apparently no result. I also wrote to point out that shows like Kono Oto Tomare! S2 should have been in the list (it finished airing the 29th of December and is now at 8.47). It makes little sense to take the average before the end of airing since most people wait for the end to rate a show, and the score usually improves at this moment (+0.3 in this case, but there are plenty of examples KnY, Vinland, etc). Pointing out that:

"That's just how it will be—scores and members are always in motion as the site grows."

is a poor justification since the evaluation was not fair because of the previous argument. Not that I care so much, but it just shows how things work here.
Jan 7, 2020 3:52 AM

Oct 2019
Meusnier said:
Fionavar said:

Actually, it seems that MAL staff decided to rush and took the data before 2019 anime finished airing. Here is a quote by Shymander (look at the comments on my profile for the source material)

"All data was recorded on the 22nd of December."

Some people brought this issue (concerning Chihayafuru S3) to him with apparently no result. I also wrote to point out that shows like Kono Oto Tomare! S2 should have been in the list (it finished airing the 29th of December and is now at 8.47). It makes little sense to take the average before the end of airing since most people wait for the end to rate a show, and the score usually improves at this moment (+0.3 in this case, but there are plenty of examples KnY, Vinland, etc). Pointing out that:

"That's just how it will be—scores and members are always in motion as the site grows."

is a poor justification since the evaluation was not fair because of the previous argument. Not that I care so much, but it just shows how things work here.

So basically to sum it up: "No one gives a shit, fuck off." Ah yes, clearly im moved to tears by how much the MAL Staff cares about this issue.
Jan 7, 2020 3:35 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Can someone explain if the shows score will be refreshed when it hits midway? I noticed some other shows refresh the score and remove the people who dint continue keeping up with the series or complete it.
Jan 7, 2020 3:41 PM

Oct 2019
ACasualViewer said:
Can someone explain if the shows score will be refreshed when it hits midway? I noticed some other shows refresh the score and remove the people who dint continue keeping up with the series or complete it.

It has already hit midway, so I kinda doubt it.
Jan 7, 2020 3:55 PM

Aug 2016
Jeez how much of a salty shounen fanboy must u be to trolrate chihayafuyu?
Jan 8, 2020 8:40 AM
Dec 2014
We’re going to fix it my a** try a bit more
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2020 8:23 PM
Feb 2016
Damn, i really like this website but wtf... Trolling score?
Jan 9, 2020 1:43 PM

May 2017
MAL's score not valid anymore, i am disappointed.
Jan 9, 2020 2:05 PM

May 2019
Zeta-Ewigkeit said:
MAL's score not valid anymore, i am disappointed.
Was it ever valid? Before i joined MAL i thought its scores were legit but after spending some time on it i've come to understand that the majority of the top 10(if not the top 50) are there mostly because of botted ratings.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

22 by mythical_k »»
May 27, 1:36 PM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.