Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 24, 2013 3:24 AM
Nov 2013
The places depicted in Koi episode 1

Naha Airport
http://i.imgur.com/klFMo5B.jpg 

Royal coffee shop in Naha Airport
http://i.imgur.com/6nJByEB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VxDpb0E.jpg

Stained glass in Naha Airport
http://i.imgur.com/6F0D7AT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nWnU1uH.jpg

Okinawa-soba shop Tenryu in Naha Airport
http://i.imgur.com/iac0m0X.jpg
Nov 24, 2013 3:42 AM

Mar 2013
A really good episode.
Kaiki's Soliloquy was really good to watch. :D
Nov 24, 2013 3:54 AM

Nov 2010
Heavy dialogued as usual again, but this time a lot of Comedy such as the glass tossing
Sadly Senjougahara's mask was spoiled before on some avatar so the impact wasn't as big as I hoped it would be. It was still amusing with the mask changes added
The pic was under suspicion of being fanmade/photoshopped by me

Anyway, it's strike me kind of odd to side with Kaiki again the one that has been causing a lot of trouble around him
He might deceive everyone instead of the given job after all
The reasons Hitagi gave to hire him was understandable with Oshino gone missing as well

Kaiki's pointing out why he should take the job was nice too
Nov 24, 2013 5:05 AM

Sep 2012
Konata_Master said:
hpulley said:
Love how she mentions Hanekawa casually as her classmate with really big boobs, in case that would somehow entice him to save them LOL

Either that, or it's just what hanekawa is in senjougahara's mind. You know, araragi likes Hanekawa's big boobs.
Hitagi likes them too... sadly we didn't get to see that scene from the last episode... but Neko Shiro's shower scene is pretty good evidence of it.

As for whether we have seen the last of Hitagi... I won't spoil that, you'll have to watch or go ask in the spoiler/novel threads.
Nov 24, 2013 5:56 AM

Feb 2012
Great episode, the meeting between those two was funny as hell, but when they got to the payment part, stuff got sad.

Looks like Kaiki has some big respect for Gaen and Kanbaru.
Nov 24, 2013 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
Outstanding conversation, this episode made other animes I watch this season look like crap!
Nov 24, 2013 6:09 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Gahara is back.

All's right with the world.

No seriously now, this episode had all I like best about Monogatari. The over the top soliloquies, the contrived back and forth dialogue, subtle humor, crazy use of color/art design etc. etc.

I think this is gonna be a very enjoyable arc if Kaiki continues as narrator throughout. I hope we see more of Gahara too. And it'd be great if we at least get one scene of her and Araragi together, but I won't hold my breath for it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 24, 2013 6:37 AM

Dec 2009
Monogatari is finally back after the dreaded last arc.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 24, 2013 6:46 AM

Apr 2013
This is what I've been waiting for.
Kaiki and Hitagi make this show, I hope we see a lot of Kaiki and Hitagi in the upcoming episodes
an egomaniac and a fool

Nov 24, 2013 7:11 AM

Nov 2012
mskzy said:
The places depicted in Koi episode 1

Naha Airport
http://i.imgur.com/klFMo5B.jpg 

Royal coffee shop in Naha Airport
http://i.imgur.com/6nJByEB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VxDpb0E.jpg

Stained glass in Naha Airport
http://i.imgur.com/6F0D7AT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nWnU1uH.jpg

Okinawa-soba shop Tenryu in Naha Airport
http://i.imgur.com/iac0m0X.jpg

nice really nice.. you should became cosplay as kaiki there :o XD
Nov 24, 2013 7:32 AM

Aug 2011
Was enjoying Kaiki's lone time in the bathroom when suddenly- "Even if one of my scams forced a girl into prostitution, my way of life wouldn't change one bit."

Bitch, dammit Kaiki. But, I still find Kaiki as funny. HYELP ME!
Chong The Nomad sang:
Even if you're lost, you can't~ Lose the love because that's in your heart~ Hooo oo ooo ooo oo~

My DeviantArt
To keep your drawing sanity, click here.
Nov 24, 2013 7:55 AM
Apr 2011
Really great to see Senjougahara back on screen, and with Kaiki too.
Music was brilliant this episode, really set the tone. I love hearing Kaiki's theme again.
Nov 24, 2013 7:59 AM
Jan 2013
Yeah good to see Senjougahara back and those conversations have been awesome once again. Kaiki monologue in the bathroom was really interesting and i look forward to the next episodes since I havent read the novels this far yet.
Nov 24, 2013 8:13 AM

Jun 2012
Great episode, I've been diying from curitosity about this arc and it's finally begun. ^^

It also feels good to now the story behind Mugimugi's avatar XD
Nov 24, 2013 8:31 AM

Dec 2008
I can't believe he said yes! For Suruga Kanbaru? This whole story has got to be a lie.

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 24, 2013 9:39 AM

Apr 2010
Senjougahara is going to lengths to save Araragi and her self and really far at that the question is what will she have to pay to Kaiki.
Even if there is something in it for him since he is a scammer he would always want more.
And the way the story started it seems to have something to do with the relationship of Senjougahara and Araragi.
Hope it wont be to bad.
Nov 24, 2013 9:47 AM

Aug 2013
Grouchio said:

Glad that I won't have to take that last offer seriously. Kaiki got pissed!

Same, I'm glad he did that. I was like Hitagi no ;_;. Those glasses though...in such a serious discussion. Their interaction cracked me up though.

Also that amazing ED.
Nov 24, 2013 10:06 AM

Aug 2010
Kaiki! This was my favorite episode so far. And it looks like this will be the best arc. I really like how it's shown through Kaiki's perspective. I find him to be the most interesting character in the show.

And it's also good to see Senjougahara again.

5/5
Nov 24, 2013 10:13 AM

Jan 2013
I was eagerly looking forward to Kaiki's coffee-pouring scene to be super-impactful as I was reading the same part in the LN, but uh, slightly disappointed. But still good episode nonetheless.

Anyway, new ED with new Ueda Hajime's artworks, absolutely fabulous.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Nov 24, 2013 10:39 AM

Jun 2011
Oh yesss, Kaiki is back even even better than before! Loved the chat between him and Senjougahara, and Kaiki's soliloquy was awesome ;p

Kanbaru really seems to have a much bigger role in all of this than I originally imagined :o Even Kaiki really does seem to care about Gaen-senpai a lot o.o

dat new ED <3
Nov 24, 2013 10:48 AM

May 2013
O GOD the dialogue in this episode was just glorious, Senjougahara is back!!!! NOOOOOOOOO last arc announced!?

I can´t get enough of this anime!
Nov 24, 2013 11:12 AM

Apr 2013
We finally get to see the continuation of the Nadeko arc. Kaiki is back and he looks like boss in that shirt and glasses :D
Nov 24, 2013 11:39 AM
Jun 2012
Just how epic can an antagonist be!? Loved this episode and all the lies XD
The scene wth Gahara-san spewing out her juice was really nice, cracked me up a bit.
Hope Hanekawa manages to find Oshino, really miss the guy.
Thank god Kanbaru fell in love with Gahara-san~

New ED is great, made me tear up a bit when Mayoi showed up for a sec though, this death is gonna be hard to get over. T_T
Nov 24, 2013 12:00 PM

Sep 2009
I wonder would they give 6 eps for Koimonogatari or troll us and put forth recap in the end of the season?
Nov 24, 2013 12:01 PM

Aug 2008
Or troll us even harder with a new Kizu PV at the end. Releasing Fall 2014!
Nov 24, 2013 12:08 PM

Apr 2012
destructo22 said:
Or troll us even harder with a new Kizu PV at the end. Releasing Fall 2014!

Yeah I saw this a little while ago http://myanimelist.net/anime/9260/Kizumonogatari

Loved the way Kaiki talked himself into helping in the end.
Nov 24, 2013 12:12 PM
Jan 2011
Oh, Kaiki is back and Hitagi wants to hire his services......to con Nadeko.

And it looks like after so much self deliberation...he might do it. YES DA.
Nasty001Nov 24, 2013 12:29 PM
Nov 24, 2013 12:13 PM
Mar 2009
Always-Hungry said:
We finally get to see the continuation of the Nadeko arc. Kaiki is back and he looks like boss in that shirt and glasses :D

Yeah, and how they avoid making that trailer into an actual movie,
stopping one of the most epic battles of all time from coming to pass.
Nov 24, 2013 12:15 PM

Mar 2010
People bitching about kizu in almost every discussion threads here. Come on people, it is not like kizu is a major thing in the series. It is just one of the prologues written after all.
Nov 24, 2013 1:27 PM

Aug 2013
I really hated that Hitagi was willing sell her body luckily Kaiki is a good guy
Nov 24, 2013 1:31 PM

Aug 2013
more Senjougahara, HELL YEAH
Nov 24, 2013 1:47 PM

Sep 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I wonder would they give 6 eps for Koimonogatari or troll us and put forth recap in the end of the season?
The Blurays have 72 minutes each so it is 6 real episodes for Koimonogatari according to that.

While this is the 'final' arc of Second Season, we still have the Hana OVA/ONA series next year to look forward to.
Nov 24, 2013 1:55 PM

Sep 2012
It is funny that they didn't show Kaiki mentioning in his bathroom monologue that part of the reason for Kanbaru making him say YES is...
It's the completely obvious connection and he says it in the novel right when he says she has a connection with Hitagi; that is the connection. So he knows about it, so why not say it in the anime too?? It would have taken just a few more seconds. Weird. He mentions Gaen as well of course but that connection is not yet obvious to us why it would connect him to Hitagi.
hpulleyNov 24, 2013 2:09 PM
Nov 24, 2013 2:07 PM

Oct 2013
5/5
Dat Gahara. Dat Kaiki. Dat conversation. Dem visuals.
Everything was top. Specially Kaiki's soliloquy was great.
Great episode.

TwinImpact said:
I really hated that Hitagi was willing sell her body luckily Kaiki is a good guy

Okay, now I'm a bit surprised.
I thought it was pretty clear that Hitagi tried to make Kaiki feel guilty so that he would stop demanding so much money and just cooperate with her instead. At first, she tried to do this by saying that Nadeko becoming a crazy medusa is also Kaiki's fault, but that didn't work since Kaiki couldn't give a shit about some middle schooler. So she had no other choice but to suggest this to make him feel guilty, which pretty much worked. You know, even someone grim as Kaiki has his morals.
So, tl;dr: She just tried to guilt-trip him.
V0ltgNov 24, 2013 2:33 PM
Nov 24, 2013 2:17 PM

Apr 2009
For all we know, Hitagi never even said that. Kaiki is the most unreliable of narrators, he said so himself.
Nov 24, 2013 3:15 PM
Jun 2013
Kaiki's an interesting character though and it's always nice to see Senjougahara. But this was a slow episode. Only part that piqued my curiosity was Kaiki's reason for taking the job.

Otherwise, meh.
Nov 24, 2013 5:19 PM

Feb 2013
Hitagi really does make this series better. Just the conversation between her and Kaiki kept me on the edge of my seat. Of course, I burst out laughing when I saw her mustache-disguise (which changed as the episode progressed).
Nov 24, 2013 5:33 PM

Jan 2008
Pretty interesting for this episode (and maybe even future episodes) to be told from Kaiki's point of view. I laughed at his sudden change of wardrobe upon his meeting with Senjougahara (from that lie that he was always in Okinawa).

Shaft and their usual quirks with ever changing gag glasses and shirt colour.

As much as I hate Kaiki's character, and would be happy to see him get killed off (that works nicely with the plot), I'm curious as to his relationship between him and Kanbaru's mother, which lead to his supposedly only weakness being her daughter.
Nov 24, 2013 6:40 PM

Aug 2012
Amarrez said:
For all we know, Hitagi never even said that. Kaiki is the most unreliable of narrators, he said so himself.
I bet the part he lied about was the splashing his coffee in disgust.
Nov 24, 2013 8:24 PM

Feb 2012
I was expecting Kaiki to push his sunglasses off his face while also sweeping his hair back and taking his clothes off posing while continuing to talk. NUDIST BEACH!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2013 9:01 PM

Sep 2009
Hawaiian shirt Kaiki.

He is victorious indeed.
Nov 24, 2013 9:13 PM

Jun 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Amarrez said:
I bet the part he lied about was the splashing his coffee in disgust.

I betcha that Hitagi simply took that coffee to the face like an iron maiden, just like when she resisted that energy drain from episode 2...
Nov 24, 2013 10:19 PM

Oct 2013
LordLagann said:
Hawaiian shirt Kaiki.

He is victorious indeed.

Made Senjougahara burst in laugh and so did i ^^

I can't wait for what is coming next. I've seen some spoilers in the internet but i can't wait to see it animated >.<
I write a Light Novel (Spanish) You can read it here(Blogger)
I also code RPG games in C and Java as a hobby
Nov 24, 2013 10:54 PM

Apr 2010
This was probably one of my favorite episodes.
Nov 24, 2013 10:55 PM
Jul 2018
much orange soda and coffee wasted in this episode lol
Nov 25, 2013 1:11 AM

Aug 2013
huuuh said:
5/5
Dat Gahara. Dat Kaiki. Dat conversation. Dem visuals.
Everything was top. Specially Kaiki's soliloquy was great.
Great episode.

TwinImpact said:

Okay, now I'm a bit surprised.
I thought it was pretty clear that Hitagi tried to make Kaiki feel guilty so that he would stop demanding so much money and just cooperate with her instead. At first, she tried to do this by saying that Nadeko becoming a crazy medusa is also Kaiki's fault, but that didn't work since Kaiki couldn't give a shit about some middle schooler. So she had no other choice but to suggest this to make him feel guilty, which pretty much worked. You know, even someone grim as Kaiki has his morals.
So, tl;dr: She just tried to guilt-trip him.

I don't think she tried to make him guilty you know she will do anything for help Koyomi even sell her body? So, I said luckily Kaiki is a good guy if he's not good I think he will accept last offer
Tbh I don't hate Gahara, but just hate what she said
Amarrez said:
. Kaiki is the most unreliable of narrators, he said so himself.

yes he said so but,are you sure didn't he lie?
Nov 25, 2013 2:06 AM

Sep 2007
Kaiki was awesome in this episode. Save the best arc for last ...

Nov 25, 2013 3:50 AM

Sep 2009
mugi said:
TwinImpact said:

Amarrez said:
. Kaiki is the most unreliable of narrators, he said so himself.

yes he said so but,are you sure didn't he lie?

They wouldn't adapt that kind of unreliable narration by showing you a scene and telling you later "lol jk". So you can at least expect that the stuff you see to be legit.

Kaiki would. He'd do that.
Nov 25, 2013 5:17 AM

Aug 2011
TwinImpact said:
I wouldn't say Kaiki is a good guy. IMO, he is a person who does thing based on profits and losses. And he don't want to change his way of life.

Or is it? Maybe he lied about that soliloquy. Maybe he was readily to vow for his fault.
Wait...

Maybe he... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--
Chong The Nomad sang:
Even if you're lost, you can't~ Lose the love because that's in your heart~ Hooo oo ooo ooo oo~

My DeviantArt
To keep your drawing sanity, click here.
Nov 25, 2013 6:26 AM
Oct 2009
hpulley said:
It is funny that they didn't show Kaiki mentioning in his bathroom monologue that part of the reason for Kanbaru making him say YES is...
It's the completely obvious connection and he says it in the novel right when he says she has a connection with Hitagi; that is the connection. So he knows about it, so why not say it in the anime too?? It would have taken just a few more seconds. Weird. He mentions Gaen as well of course but that connection is not yet obvious to us why it would connect him to Hitagi.

I wonder if he made an investigation or they were so popular that everyone in town knew about them...
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

421 by MysteriousFriend »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

248 by Benkei13 »»
Sep 22, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

415 by JoaoPedru »»
Sep 20, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

218 by 0451 »»
Sep 15, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

171 by YeetYoloLol »»
Sep 4, 12:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.