Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 29, 10:20 PM

Nov 2012
A sad and lonely guy who mistakes programming for affection. Dude! Really?

I don't care how 2md hand she was, she had to be more money than rent at a better apt. And why is she so damn short? She can't even reach the countertop like she's a child robot that reprogrammed to do chores.
Jun 29, 10:29 PM
Mar 2023
Refreshing in a way? something a little different
Jun 30, 12:16 AM

May 2010
If she has an actual personality like most robot girls in anime (Chi) then maybe but if she's just gonna be a humanoid smart rice maker, it feels kinda weird?
Jun 30, 1:25 AM

Oct 2020
I quite enjoyed that, we’ll have to see where it goes but this is an interesting start. Hopefully by the end Mina can get a human body upgrade or something like in Love Flops.

I did notice something interesting in the MAL character list which I’ll put in a spoiler tag just in case.
Jun 30, 1:54 AM

Apr 2008
"I wonder if a cooking and dish washing robot with a pretty face is what having a wife is like." Oh Japan. Right now this is definitely pretty sad in a similar way to Helpful Fox. I'll give it another to see if Mina's development is going anywhere. Or maybe I won't once more things start airing.
Jun 30, 5:02 AM
Nov 2019
Those chobits vibes haha

Any thing sci fi robotic themed that’s what I like haha
Jun 30, 5:57 AM

Apr 2014
that was somewhat enjoyable.
Jun 30, 9:32 AM

Jun 2014
Kinda cringe, but I'll see how it develops
Jun 30, 9:58 AM

Oct 2010
This is not the first series exploring 'in love with android' theme but something feels really wrong.
May be they've managed to hit uncanny valley with design or story or something. Just can not dig it.
Jun 30, 11:43 AM
Jun 2024
was interesting, kinda sad but funny logic, would happen irl
Jun 30, 11:51 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to dragynfaerie
A sad and lonely guy who mistakes programming for affection. Dude! Really?

I don't care how 2md hand she was, she had to be more money than rent at a better apt. And why is she so damn short? She can't even reach the countertop like she's a child robot that reprogrammed to do chores.
dragynfaerie said:

This probably will be adressed later on like in the manga, where she surprises Takuma with an upgrade:

Jun 30, 6:01 PM

May 2009
Reply to Kai200X
I don't know how I feel about this anime.. I guess I will watch a few more episodes and go from there
@Kai200X Same here ... cringe, weird, silly, amusing, perverse.

I'll keep watching to see how far it goes with Mina and her sex-deprived, horny "husband."
Jun 30, 6:05 PM

Jun 2019
Finally another actual transgressive romance, rather than just a vanilla one decorated to look the part.

There's little more to say other than this is pretty close to the epitome of the type of series I love - My core ideal, bread and butter, and how I stumbled into anime in the first place.
Jun 30, 7:45 PM

Jan 2014
Kinda disappointed they didn't make two different versions of the ED. Her
in it seems like a spoiler.
Jun 30, 10:31 PM

Apr 2014
This wasn't exactly what I was expecting from the adaptation..
I wish some studio like Bind got to adapt it instead.
The directing feels lackluster and the art style and MC's voice acting take away the matureness the anime could have had.

Might still keep watching because I love the manga
Jul 1, 3:34 AM
Dec 2022
Another day
Another stupid MC
Jul 1, 7:14 AM

Sep 2018
Not bad. The biggest hurdle will be not getting stale and repetitive after a few episodes.

Minor gripe: apparently, beating the you know what allegations was more important than internal logic (is the footstool even necessary?)
Jul 1, 7:16 AM

Nov 2023
It's not a bad start, and I think it's pretty cute.
Jul 1, 7:45 AM
Apr 2022
romance has always been a mix of cute and cringe, but the show has a mc simping to his own robot, so that's an extra dose of cringe to me. other than that, a fine start
Jul 1, 8:12 AM
Jul 2023
very interesting concept and the main character just like me for real...
Jul 1, 8:55 AM

Dec 2022
This guy is cringe and the robot creeps me out. Still, I think this anime will be important to watch. This is the near future, after all.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Jul 1, 1:28 PM

Jun 2023
This is why Japan has an ageing population
Jul 1, 2:34 PM
Jan 2018
In a world where there is plenty of thoughtful media about men falling in love with robots, this came off as pretty cringey
Jul 1, 8:41 PM

Jan 2014
Reply to Nirinbo
Not bad. The biggest hurdle will be not getting stale and repetitive after a few episodes.

Minor gripe: apparently, beating the you know what allegations was more important than internal logic (is the footstool even necessary?)
@Nirinbo
Huh. Well I didn't notice that and now its going to bother me LOL.
I would have had fun laughing at the people arguing about the robots age.
Jul 1, 8:53 PM

Jul 2023
What is this guy? I didn't know this. This kind of degenerating 😱😱😱

...morning, afternoon & evening and time is slipping away...

Jul 1, 9:05 PM
Oct 2013
I don't think the title is quite right based on 1st episode, the wife shown plenty of emotions so far. Anything else just par for the course.
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Jul 1, 9:06 PM

May 2019
So this is the first romcom anime I've watched with the FMC being a robot housemaid (haven't watched Chobits yet) and NGL Mina is a bit creepy with that blank stare, metal neck, not moving her lips when she talks, and also grabbing the guy's hand forcibly (like she could kill him anytime she wants). Nonetheless I'm intrigued and curious to see how this plays out.
Jul 1, 9:38 PM
Nov 2022
Kinda weird but still wacthable
Jul 1, 9:49 PM
May 2020
Holy peak fiction. They really hit a nice balance where sometimes it feels like he is just alone surrounded by machines, and other times Mina feels like an actual character. Bro really going for that CLANK CLANK CLANK action
Jul 1, 11:24 PM

Jul 2015
Damn, the portrayal of male loneliness seems to be geniuene and hits in the feels.

Yesterday, 8:24 AM
Mar 2022
The MC didn't make a good first impression on me, but Mina-chan is cute, so I'll stick with this for at least another two episodes.
Yesterday, 8:25 AM

Jan 2021
The character designs are pretty cute... The OP is also cute... I think the whole thing is adorable ahahaha xD it would be cool if robots like Mina actually existed. If only....

"It's just like talking to a rice cooker" okay that's really funny to be honest x"D well, Mina is basically a robot so.... but it feels like a hopeless life... falling in love with a robot... but Mina is so cute...

I really like the ED

Yesterday, 10:06 AM
Nov 2022
Well, it looks interesting, the protagonist is the typical "coward" but strangely, at least in this first episode I didn't dislike him, I'll have to see how this develops.

The topic of Mina perhaps being conscious would be very interesting.
Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Jun 2016
It's a fairly low quality adaptation, which I mean I've been expecting so its whatever. Its a shame but what can you do, it was still an enjoyable episode and I'm going to keep watching. I like the characters and the situations they're in enough to pull through.

Anyway like what are the people complaining about this expecting? It's a robot romance and you're complaining about it being a robot romance.
Yesterday, 10:26 AM

Jan 2013
When I first heard about this anime I thought it was about a relationship with an introverted girl. Was let down when I found out she was a robot but still gave the episode a chance.

It's not a slapstick comedy romance, so they're taking this romance a bit more seriously. Which comes the unfortunate side effect of making this more disturbing than what it was intended to be. Maybe if they played that angle a bit more then we might get some substance for this story and not Chobits-level disturbing. Not playing any nude robot fanservice fetish or any of those "Fembot = Sex doll" yet was actually a plus to me (Looking at you Mahoromatic)

Though I have to ask: Did Mina lie about the beer when she crushed the cans to make Takuma stop drinking?
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Mar 2024
The core concept of this show seems quite similar to the Swedish scifi show "Äkta människor" (British remake, "Humans") though of course it's a Japanese anime with only two characters so far in it.
Yesterday, 11:57 AM

Jul 2022
OP and ED were great, everything else was just alright.

I really need to see some of the other characters from the OP before I can judge this one one way or the other.

Unless the MC can download a "personality" update, there's really nowhere for the show to go if it focuses on just the two characters we met in Episode 1.

It's kind of a difficult place to be when your title mentions an emotionless person because said person either remains emotionless (and never grows) or they gain emotion (and end the series).
Yesterday, 1:01 PM

Sep 2013
No, computers cannot love, they're just machines. They are not sentient nor salient and only mimic human behaviors, they aren't alive.

THAT SAID it's still a cute idea! Her mouth not moving is a genius character design. She's already harmed her master twice, very UN-robot like, eh? And disobeyed him too. She's more than meets the eye for sure.

Best robot show? Half Broken Music Box (Kowarekake no Orgel)
Best robot? Nuku Nuku! (ok, she's an all-purpose android with a cat's brain, but close enough!) Bannou Bunka Neko-Musume
Yesterday, 1:01 PM

Sep 2013
No, computers cannot love, they're just machines. They are not sentient nor salient and only mimic human behaviors, they aren't alive.

THAT SAID it's still a cute idea! Her mouth not moving is a genius character design. She's already harmed her master twice, very UN-robot like, eh? And disobeyed him too. She's more than meets the eye for sure.

Best robot? Nuku Nuku! (ok, she's an all-purpose android with a cat's brain, but close enough!) Bannou Bunka Neko-Musume
Yesterday, 1:44 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to 5Cats

5Cats said:

How do you know we're not living in a simulation and are actually programmed to behave the way we do?

---------------------------------

For the reactions in this thread in general, it seems this show reached the wrong audience... or at least reached people that could've known they would dislike the show, if they just watched the trailer for a few seconds... Aside from some that have such a low mean score, with hundreds of dropped shows that you even wonder if they even enjoy watching anime or are compelled to watch it day in day out, no matter what they come across..
Yesterday, 1:51 PM

Aug 2016
Reply to maraviax
The cringe in this one is strong. We've got a protagonist who is so socially inept that he gets shy talking to a robot. And apparently gets drunk off of one sip of beer. Anime really does try to portray the Japanese male as being utterly pathetic. I get that this is supposed to be "cute", but its just sad.

He's going to bang his vacuum cleaner isn't he? "I TOLD YOU NOT TO BOTHER ME WHILE IM CLEANING MY ROOM!"
@maraviax
To think the Wayans did the same but better
:v
Yesterday, 1:59 PM

Mar 2022
eerm what actually

Yesterday, 6:41 PM
Aug 2022
Generally this was a good first episode, surprisingly good animation and pretty funny.

Mr snake eyes isn’t anything to special for an mc but I like him, Mina is pretty fun with how emotionless she is. I’m curious to see if she’ll develop into maybe having some form of emotions
Yesterday, 7:58 PM
Nov 2016
Well shit, I haven't watched the 1st episode yet, I want to watch this but this started with a rating of 6.54 and clearly, this isn't good so I don't know if I'm even going to bother with this anime.

And yes, I know that ratings are mostly bullshit around here but at least MAL is consistent with animes with a rating below 7, if something is below 7 then the anime is bad, I haven't encountered an anime below 7 that I like, all of them are bad and because of this, I don't know if I'm even going to bother with this anime.

I will wait and see if the rating improves in this anime to a 7.3 minimum or something, if the rating doesn't improve then fuck it, I'm not wasting my time with this.
Yesterday, 9:12 PM

Jan 2021
Mc looks like he gets high off of cat nip.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Yesterday, 9:37 PM

Mar 2008
I like it so far but mainly just feels kinda sad at this point.

Alfredo-Sauce said:
So this is the first romcom anime I've watched with the FMC being a robot housemaid (haven't watched Chobits yet) and NGL Mina is a bit creepy with that blank stare, metal neck, not moving her lips when she talks, and also grabbing the guy's hand forcibly (like she could kill him anytime she wants). Nonetheless I'm intrigued and curious to see how this plays out.

This is why i like soft robotics better. They cant crush you to death so easily or get you pinched in metal pieces.
Yesterday, 9:59 PM
Feb 2020
I cant say much, but all i can say is :

"clank clank clank" her and u broke ur pp.
Yesterday, 10:50 PM
Oct 2020
Wow the score is kinda low huh.
The 1st ep is pretty decent. I guess people are just weird out by the concept.
Hopefully the score will jump as people change their mind.
KhkieYesterday, 10:54 PM
Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Jan 2023
It was hard to watch and kind of uncomfortable, but for some reason I want to know what goes up next.
Yesterday, 11:19 PM

May 2023
oh is this the future of this world? Ah yes robot waifu. cute start, interesting concept but a bit cringy indeed. i just hope nothing happens to Mina-Chan at the end of the season.

i won't skip Goddess Sora's opening song fr, ED song is one of the best this season and will be on my spotify playlist.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» First Teaser

Dbagas8 - Mar 19

11 by davidyodo24 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.