Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 29, 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
AbemaTV streamed this today.

Protagonist Takuma gets his robot to do housework for him, including cooking. It gets awkward since he has feelings for her and they even become a sort of husband/wife together. Mina, the android, behaves like how she is. I think the anime adaptation has a more lighthearted energy as the manga looked more mature. Mina herself seems to always have the same expression on her face, at least this episode. Hopefully Takuma can get used to his lifestyle and not have nightmares like having Mina's head on a plate again...

I think it's a cute start for a rom-com even if the two aren't really alike.
Jun 29, 7:30 AM

Jul 2017
ABEMA weekly airing 3 days in advance.

Do you remember Spring 2019's Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san a.k.a The Helpful Fox Senko-san? Mangaka Jiro Sugiura's work is exactly like it, but with the sci-fi romance angle.

VTuber Sora Tokino's OP is quite good, it has a catchy beat to it. Same likewise with Miisha Shimizu's ED, but it'll take some time to get used to.

The life of overworked salaryman Takuma Kosugi, being taken care of by a secondhand bargain housekeeping home appliance of a robot by the name of Hina, though he always saw her as a perfect fit of a wife that he wanted to flirt with so much. But sometimes, she works in mysterious ways that Takuma has to churn out the instruction manual because its previous owner may have modded her somehow. And with Mina only knowing how to cook omelet rice, Takuma is elated, but couldn't get the words out of his mouth that she's treating him with love, such as teaching him how to cook eggs properly. Well, not without some realization that makes him all the more embarrassed...as much as Takuma wants to "cook and eat" her, Mina takes his jokes rather seriously.

Takuma contemplating about Mina as he dunks on beer questioning his love for her, she goads loads of water on him and clears the air her becoming his wife, which Takuma is defintely overjoyed. But questioning what a marital relationship does, Takuma is clearly too drunk to ever think straight, and wants Mina to sleep with him, which she obliges, even when he has the sexual urge to touch her. But he didn't, and ends up awakening the next day to her dipped eyes, but nothing of concern as Mina can function properly as she is, cooking meals for Takuma all day and night long.

It's a cute start for sure, but the anime is almost an improvement over the rather rough visuals of the manga.
KANLen09Jun 29, 9:05 AM
Jun 29, 7:40 AM

Dec 2021
Early 3-day ABEMA streaming.

Mangaka Jiro Sugiura's manga about someone falling in love and wanting to marry a robot... this couldn't have come at a better time lmao.

In the apartment of Takuma, a single office worker, lives Mina, a household robot who cooks meals and keeps the place tidy. Takuma, tired from work and unable to manage chores, decides to get Mina to assist him. One day, feeling drawn to Mina, he gathers his courage and confesses that he loves her the most and that if she would you marry him. That evening's dinner—omelette rice—has a heart drawn with ketchup on it. And so, Takuma and the household robot Mina start spending more time together, jokingly acting like a married couple at first, until their bond deepens.

In retrospect, this isn't anything out of the ordinary, at least nowadays. Don't know how the author predicted this a whole 5-ish years in advance, but people are marrying robots now. As crazy as it seems. Main problem as it looks like rn is the fact that our two man leads are pretty difficult to, well, feel something with and like in a way. Takuma is a typical obsessed anime dude and pretty pathetic, and Mina is eh. Not much to really say about her other than she's a robot lol. Art direction really gives off that early 2000's feel, with the big eyes and everything. Better than the manga's "rough" art style, you could say.

Alright start. Nothing too crazy. Maybe this'll be a sleeper of the season who knows. Time will tell.

Jun 29, 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
Cute and Funny first episode. I am intrigued into what Mina knows and what she has Emotions wise.
Really could be a nice chill series.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 29, 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
This got very old, very quickly for me for an episode but the premise itself didn't sound appealing so can't act too surprised about this.
Jun 29, 9:00 AM

Mar 2021
This was really cute and fun. Mina is just adorable and her interactions with Takuma are so cute.
Jun 29, 9:07 AM

Feb 2019
Yea we got us another one fellas, first free 10 of Summer is here. So it’s Senko-San but futuristic? Sign me up. Great first episode.

Takuma and Mina dynamic is so damn cute and I love that he’s not afraid to flirt with her and speak his mind. None of the usual overworked salaryman shut in social interactions. He’s even had a gf before?? Oh yea this could be the sleeper hit of the season for me. “There was a time when I dated a girl but it didn’t work out.” Realer words have never been spoken.

Mina is so adorable and I love that she actually tries for understand Takuma and learn things about what it means to be human. The “what does horny” scene had me dying and she’s even shown a propensity to get upset. So far the title is already wrong because she’s definitely got some emotions lol, but I’ll allow it because it’s cute af.

Can’t wait to see where this goes from here. 25 minutes of them just flirting in a house and it went by in a breeze.
Marinate1016Jun 29, 9:37 AM
Jun 29, 9:37 AM

Nov 2016
This is literally future of Japan, maybe it's good that they are showing this anime or perhaps it's not, time will tell.
Jun 29, 9:53 AM

Apr 2022
Well, this is an interesting start for a season...

I'll be out after 3 episodes unless it turns more interesting or wholesome. So far it's just a story about some guy that wants a cooking sex robot.
Jun 29, 9:56 AM

Oct 2017
Honestly nothing good ever comes out of watching an android romance and only sad endings.
Jun 29, 10:05 AM

Jul 2014
What a loser. No wonder he needs to play with a doll.
Jun 29, 10:29 AM

Dec 2020
Loser mc with a home robot appliance on whom he has a crush and delusional as fuck. Aside that the interactions between them is cute and somewhat wholesome. The OP was good and pretty catcy. Letz see how this story folds out
Jun 29, 10:34 AM

Mar 2009
So this is Chobits for the 21st century. Not all that impressed so far, but I suppose I wish my rice cooker could make omurice too.

If nothing else, this has made me want to watch Chobits again.
Jun 29, 11:06 AM

Dec 2022
Man this is so wrong on so many level i feel very weird watching this
its the same feeling i get when i watched BL but its different
i think i am feeling second hand embarrassment ,disappointment and astonishment all at the same time
Jun 29, 11:21 AM

Feb 2010
Not sure if I'll end up sticking with it or not. It'll depend on how the next few episodes go and what kind of vibe it has
Jun 29, 11:46 AM

Nov 2022
an android wife is a dream
Jun 29, 11:54 AM
Feb 2022
An okay first episode. So many unnecessary hate already for this anime. This will definitely be the future in a century, or two.
Jun 29, 11:59 AM

Aug 2022
I loved the first episode!
Jun 29, 12:07 PM
Mar 2020
I prefer the Samsung robots they can move their mouths when speaking and give me a higher tax return lol 😂
Jun 29, 12:18 PM
Nov 2018
I love it...but I hope to see more kawaiii moments in future
Jun 29, 12:44 PM
Dec 2020
yall in 20 years fr
Jun 29, 1:11 PM

Mar 2007
Reply to FedeMetal
An okay first episode. So many unnecessary hate already for this anime. This will definitely be the future in a century, or two.
@FedeMetal What hate? Hook it up. I want to relish in salt.
Jun 29, 1:15 PM

Jan 2018
Strange that this anime started before the summer season actually started.

I'm unfamiliar with the source material so I did not expect Mina to be this robotic. I guess the character really lives up to the title of the series (for now). But all things considered, comparing this second-hand bargain bin robot with what we have now, it seems extremely advanced and intelligent. But with the recent breakthroughs in AI, robots like her might become reality sooner rather than later. But I kinda doubt if they will be affordable or popular anytime soon.

I'd say the concept of the anime is kinda cute but considering Japan's declining birthrate I think it's just depressing to think about. I feel bad about the main character falling in love with a home appliance... I just can't help but pity him...
Jun 29, 1:36 PM
Oct 2020
This is literally going to be the future. Hopefully, I live long enough to see it. Come on elon give me my robot android robot wife. At least a house maid?
Jun 29, 1:40 PM

Nov 2013
Nice OP and ED. For a robot who's supposed to cook and clean only, she does seem to have the ability to adapt thanks to her access to internet. Wonder if there's some other reason to why she's second-hand. Wonder if she has a backstory similar to Chii from Chobits. Wonder if she's actually sentient but hides it. Lots of things to look for.

Hopefully the guy doesn't make this show weirder and try to get in her pants though, lol. This can either be cute or disgusting. For now the guy is a total loser who needs to drink ridiculous amounts of beers just to talk to a "toaster". With that said, lets be real, whenever mankind makes robots like these, you can bet plenty of owners will try to f**k'em. There's no avoiding the degeneracy. I just hope this show won't focus on it.
Jun 29, 2:01 PM
May 2017
Mina is an appliance.

It is an Artificial Intelligence with a neural network.

How far is Mina's neural network able to go?

We entered Jean Baudrillard's universe...

Very good beginning episode!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 29, 2:18 PM
Dec 2023
the op and ed are straight fire
Jun 29, 2:27 PM

Jun 2013
I like the start of the anime, we have middle aged guy who is engrossed in work and has no time for date.
And we have second hand robot maid who seems to hide more than she is showing in her functions.
Anime premise looks good enough for me to start follow it, hopefully it will become more wholesome.

And for the end, as others wrote, unfortunately this will most likely be our future in the next 20 to 40 years.
And I can get why this anime gets a lot of hate, many people called his relationship 'strange' or even 'forceful'.
I don't know how he can be 'forceful' to a literal machine that he even bought used, but I guess this anime is also showing future debates if we ever get to this level and people start taking androids for humans and treat them as such.

Jun 29, 2:37 PM
Jun 2019
MC is worse than Kazuya, OP and ED are good, nice animation and interesting plot
Jun 29, 3:01 PM
Mar 2012
This was a sad and depressing start. The MC needs to get out in the world. I liked the ED and animation quality was good.
Jun 29, 3:08 PM
Oct 2022
The cringe in this one is strong. We've got a protagonist who is so socially inept that he gets shy talking to a robot. And apparently gets drunk off of one sip of beer. Anime really does try to portray the Japanese male as being utterly pathetic. I get that this is supposed to be "cute", but its just sad.

He's going to bang his vacuum cleaner isn't he? "I TOLD YOU NOT TO BOTHER ME WHILE IM CLEANING MY ROOM!"
Jun 29, 3:12 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
My first Summer 2024 anime, it’s a season loaded with romance so of course you know I had to load up on them (couldn’t hit them all unfortunately) but this was one I didn’t want to miss, and it had a very good start despite what others are saying about it. Yeah this is probably gonna be the future because robots just gotta look like us so we’ll humanize them, and it’s honestly a future I’m scared of lol, but this is just an anime so I can just enjoy the wholesome robot wife without thinking about that, and as others have also mentioned this is very reminiscent of Senko-san, which was a favorite of mine in the nostalgic season of Spring 2019, so getting something very similar to that is awesome.

And Mina certainly is a cutie, I can see why Takuma fell for her so hard, pair that with his past with love and it makes even more sense. And this would seem weird if Mina didn’t react to Takuma’s mention of being a wife at all, but she is clearly making changes to herself because of it and it’s apparently something she’s not supposed to be able to do, so she’s definitely not a normal robot with no emotions like the title claims lol. And I’m ngl, Takuma is a bit rough at the moment, the heavy drinking kinda hurt to watch, but I’m thinking he’s gonna get better over time just like Mina is becoming more of a wife over time, and if this is anything like Senko then Takuma’s job is probably really draining so I can understand why he’s like this.

And we got a very nice OP and ED, apparently the OP is done by a V-Tuber and it’s certainly a jam, but that ED tho is something else, I can tell it will be a favorite of mine this season already, love those visuals too. This is definitely a show I’m gonna look forward to this season, summer is here and the time is right for romance anime!
Jun 29, 3:52 PM

May 2015
I actually kinda want it to progress in such a way where he realises this isn't a real relationship. maybe he'll learn enough along the way to get a real girlfriend. So far I already like that she actually looks like a robot with all the visible metal parts and doesn't even open her mouth to speak. While her face is cute, her overall appearance is still realistically creepy, unlike Chobits or Plastic Memories, where they are practically indistinguishable from humans, so the romantic confusion in those is pretty obvious and easier to get behind. But chances are it won't keep the realistic approach all throughout, most likely it's just yet another 'robots gained feelings' type of thing...
Jun 29, 3:52 PM
Apr 2016
Well it was great for me I like the premises not everything has to be super logical all the time if u like it it's a great show if u don't then u don't have to watch it also I wanna know if Mina will have other emotions how the romance will go will other people will get involved nothing wrong with a slice of life husband and a wife romance. Also the ending is a banger
Damo_NandeibamJun 29, 3:59 PM
Jun 29, 5:04 PM
Awkward Fellow

Oct 2018
Entire episode was non-stop cringe 😨
MC personality, dialogue, character designs
Jun 29, 5:28 PM

Apr 2021
This was kind of sad to hear of his state in life, yet humorous to see how they interacted and gradually came to the place of being husband and wife.

It's cute how she tries to take care of him and wants to fulfill the roll being a an android wife for him.

Also, people turning this into a H-anime type of show, you missed the cuteness of the show and exposed yourself 🤣
ejleonJun 29, 6:05 PM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jun 29, 5:44 PM

Jun 2021
This should be a hentai. It's got the plot
Jun 29, 5:45 PM
Apr 2016
The show has great potential to explore some serious issues, but I think it's going into a different direction. It might be just a simple, goofy show. For now, it's hard to tell after the first episode.
Jun 29, 6:02 PM
Apr 2024
I don't know how I feel about this anime.. I guess I will watch a few more episodes and go from there
Jun 29, 6:02 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to MegamiRem
Honestly nothing good ever comes out of watching an android romance and only sad endings.
@MegamiRem That is actually a really good point about loving an AI in anime. I still think about Plastic Memories and how sad I was.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jun 29, 6:07 PM
Mar 2021
Wholesome start!
Jun 29, 6:18 PM

Sep 2016
This first episode was really cute. Truly a loving couple transcending the boundaries of man and machine.
Jun 29, 6:47 PM
Apr 2013
EP 1

Would you look at the time its
Not actually july yet, the trend of the anime jumping the schedule. someone has to be first yes its still jun

So this anime. as the name suggests, we have the first of many boy and girl anime. how many girls im not sure, but the main boy and girl are going to be the focus here

I mean you could say its more of a robot and/or ai concept but one step at a time. whether or not you want to talk about that topic
2 mins in and uh. we have the op. whatever this is
Not much to say really

Oh thats the end of the ep

So uhm. a very basic introduction ep. not much to say, was basically mr mc and mina for the whole ep.
I was expecting there to be a bit more but otherwise its really a question of whats gonna happen in the next ep

The op/ed shows us at least a few more characters, when they show up is anything really

Not much else i can say. its really a question of what happens in ep 2/3/4 onwards.
Its a bit too early to say. plus the other anime havent aired yet so there's not much to compare to

The ed is kinda normal.
Otherwise, it seems uh, the preview says they're going out next ep at least. we see mina with different hair too, so clearly she has some ability to change that. or just a wig i guess. (how does robot hair even work?)

It's kinda weird since the premise is that mina is like that, so she's not going to be quite like the others.

Mina is voiced by inagaki konomi who I dont really know. She seems fine for now, about as you can say really
CocoaGalaxyJun 29, 6:55 PM
Jun 29, 6:58 PM
Apr 2024
What a way to start the summer anime season, jfc

MC is great. He's what I imagine the people on MAL who have thousands of posts look like. Curious to see who defends him as a character, let's see some self owns.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Jun 29, 7:27 PM
Feb 2021
Absolutely appalling first episode. This is basically a story about a garbage human being with no redeeming qualities wanting to bang a robot. Nothing more or less than that. It’s not romcom. It’s a weeb jerkoff fantasy.
Jun 29, 7:55 PM

Nov 2008
The entire episode I kept on thinking of the MC as Inspector Yamamura from Meitantei Conan.
Jun 29, 8:04 PM

Jan 2008
I'm getting Chobits and Time of Eve vibes from this series.

A random recipe generated from a list of ingredients in the fridge sounds like a good idea for AI, or an app, which they could pair with an online grocery delivery service.

If AI and robots got this good, I wouldn't mind having a robot do my cleaning/cooking. Although instead of a girl I'd prefer it look like a fluffy red panda, because if I'm going to have my ass kicked or be killed by a yandere robot, I rather it be a cute killer and not an uncanny valley sex doll.
Jun 29, 9:08 PM

Aug 2022
It's really good, doki doki ❤️
Jun 29, 9:11 PM

Apr 2012
dropped halfway
the mouth not moving when she talks = bad
her 'harming' him from grabbing his hand = bad
cant believe chobits which came out 22 years ago is a better android romance anime, go watch that instead if u havent
and if u like that get 'Lucy: the eternity she wished for' from steam too
Jun 29, 10:11 PM
Nov 2018
Is this going to be like Masterful Cat or Helpful Fox? Where over worked office employee comes home and something takes care of them. They just end up feeling better about life?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» First Teaser

Dbagas8 - Mar 19

10 by Znad »»
Jun 18, 11:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.