Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 7, 2020 2:02 PM

Feb 2019
This episode just shows how good of a bro haru actually is and that kiss with rin just left yuki surprised lol.
Jul 7, 2020 11:24 PM

May 2013
Yuki needs Tohru. She's his savior.

Tohru and Kyo need each other. And that's the difference.

---

Rin really is an unpleasant girl hahah. I liked the hot and steamy kiss between her and Haru tho :P why can't she be more soft? lulz X) maybe in the future :P
Jul 8, 2020 1:40 AM
May 2018
Rin and Haru are probably one of the most passionate couples in Fruba. I just love their chemistry.

We finally saw Katsuya and Tohru's thoughts about him for the first time in the anime aside from few glimpses there and there.

Haru's personality parallels with Tohru's in some ways, they are kind to people in the same way. He is like a guardian angel to Yuki.
Jul 8, 2020 2:38 AM

Oct 2017
New op/ed gave off a nostalgic feeling but I prefer the previous op/ed.

Wow Haru kissed Rin, that was kind of hot.

Tohru x Kyo moment was sweet, the headpat specially.
Jul 8, 2020 6:01 AM

May 2018
The new OP is very nice indeed. Well damn, Haru went straight in like an alpha chad
Jul 8, 2020 5:21 PM

Oct 2011
Ohhhmyyygodddd the new ED song is beautiful!! ♥️♥️
Jul 8, 2020 5:33 PM
Dec 2018
The new OP and END was outstandingly gorgeous. The visuals in those alone melted my heart.. T-T
Jul 8, 2020 7:30 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
I really enjoyed this episode. It feels like the little things, but I think the art improved a ton to match the characters (although a few scenes were a bit weird). Like Yuki with the big mice eyes in the beginning, or Tohru drawn a little bit sharper. (I can't quite describe it, but she looks like a little...less annoying? Or naive? And a bit more...aware...and mature? I'm not sure if I'm imagining the character development here or). Choked several times on my own spit; twice for Haru just doing his Haru thing, also like Tohru said, Kyo descending like he fell from heaven when she collapsed on the floor. I don't remember shipping Rin x Haru (but it seems whether it's Free or this--- main otp). This is definitely darker then the older adaption, and even a little more then the manga. I really enjoyed it. Best episode of all the series so far although it was a bit slow in content. Everyone's trucking along with their own complicated emotions.

Ending was very nice too
Jul 9, 2020 2:16 AM
Nov 2017
Wait lemme go replay that Haru x Rin scene............... and again :3

Damn they're so cute. \>w</
Jul 9, 2020 12:48 PM

Jan 2009
Can I just say how Haru was... so hot in this episode. He sometimes seem so, hmm... like he has a mind of a child, but he really is mature guy.
I like his relationship with Yuki. They can trust each other, can tell what's on their mind, understand each other feelings and always support each other. Great that in this creazy family they have someone like that.

Kyo grows up so fast. He is so tall.

I'm relieved that when they were talking about "omg, you want to be tall like Uotani? If she has 182 cm then...". I was waiting what he has too say, because I HAVE 182 cm and I know Japanese aren't tall and probably don't like tall girls much, so I was expecting something not really nice. But they just said that she could become a model and, as Tohru said, "it would be so cool".
Phew.

I just realized how I missed this anime. And I don't want it to end..
Jul 10, 2020 2:40 AM

Nov 2017
The combo "kiss and slap" between Hatsuharu and Izusu makes me laugh! xD The visual of the new ending is MAGNIFICENT!
Jul 10, 2020 3:10 AM

Oct 2008
very nice! new OP and ED!
that was a very straight forward torrid kiss by Haru x Rin
4/5

Jul 10, 2020 6:27 PM
Nov 2015
Zero_r2 said:
wow...
still wonder what Shigure's relationship with rin is,

seriously! is rin sleeping with shigure? no way right? my mind is just a garbage bin right? poor haru...

but on another note. I love how they are doing more with Yuki lately. i like his character.
Jul 11, 2020 12:07 AM
Jul 2019
Adorei tudo desse episódio,abertura o episódio beijo,e principalmente a finalização que lindo aquela ending.
Jul 12, 2020 7:15 AM

Feb 2017
Good new OP and ED. This OP is probably the best visually so far.
Nice to see more of Rin. Looking forward to see what's she is scheming.
Jul 12, 2020 5:30 PM

Aug 2013
JBT81 said:

seriously! is rin sleeping with shigure? no way right? my mind is just a garbage bin right? poor haru...

but on another note. I love how they are doing more with Yuki lately. i like his character.

They explain later what's going on there.
But if you want to know i'll write it here on a spoiler:
Jul 13, 2020 11:22 AM

May 2016
New OP and ED, I loved the visuals of both of them but the ED music was a lot better.

Another episode filled with impact emotions of all of our characters, all of them are struggling with something and have that burden they have to carry,
I don't know if the remaining episodes gonna be enough to make all of them happy but if I can see Kyo and Yuki and Tohru happy I will be satisfied.
Jul 14, 2020 6:53 PM

Aug 2018
Dayym in terms of narrative this one was one of the best this season, its so good.

Also looks like most of their budget went from this new OP xD

Visually stunning and the song was great af

5/5 episode!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jul 23, 2020 8:54 PM
Dec 2017
New op wasnt quite as good as the last imo. Ed was great tho.

Rin seems like such a complected character, cant wait to find out more with what is up with her.

Shigure is as vague as always, cant wait to find out what he is planning also.

And again somehow fruits baskets manages to make the tears flow, it wasnt even all that sad of a moment during the end scene but the execution was great. Loving everything about fruits basket atm.

Question for manga readers. Will there be another season after this or will this season wrap everything up.
Jul 24, 2020 1:03 AM
Apr 2019
SmoothBruce said:

Rin seems like such a complected character, cant wait to find out more with what is up with her.

And again somehow fruits baskets manages to make the tears flow, it wasnt even all that sad of a moment during the end scene but the execution was great. Loving everything about fruits basket atm.

Question for manga readers. Will there be another season after this or will this season wrap everything up.

There will be a 3rd and final season. We're only a little past halfway through the story.
Aug 8, 2020 6:12 AM
Dec 2017
thebond_thecurse said:
SmoothBruce said:

There will be a 3rd and final season. We're only a little past halfway through the story.

Awesome, the more fruits basket the better
Aug 11, 2020 3:19 AM

Oct 2007
I prefer the first opening song. Not impressed by the new one.
Aug 19, 2020 10:06 PM
Jul 2015
THE NEW ENDING CREDIT ART IS SO BEAUTIFUL?!??? I CAN'T TAKE IT
Aug 23, 2020 9:44 PM

Jan 2019
I definitely perfer this OP to previous on, though I'm not quite sure on the ED yet.

We need to get into Tohru's shit, though I assume that's endgame shit.

Is it bad that the first thought I had at the image of her father was, "That looks like a Soma?"
Sep 7, 2020 4:00 PM
Feb 2018
Fruit basket is one of those anime that push you to tears so easily. I thought that Kisa or Momiji maybe Yuki had the most tragedy childhood but I think Rin had that unfortunate honor
Sep 8, 2020 3:54 AM

Jun 2020
omg the new OP & ED visuals are great - damn the ED is BEAUTIFUL!

haru my best boy......and wow he looked great this episode. even in that ED

i cried when tohru's grandfather was saying how he wanted to see her parents just one more time....even if they were ghosts/spirits, he just wanted to see them once more.... so sad... :'(

and kyo just appearing there when she was so upset. uwu......fruits basket never fails to make me feel so emotional

i wonder what's the back story with rin, more please! so many questions. more rin means more haru i guess x)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 8, 2020 8:12 AM

Sep 2017
oh wow the new OP/ED are super cool! i wasn't a fan of the previous ones.

brina palencia really kills it as rin. what a perfect voice
Sep 14, 2020 5:56 AM

Dec 2013
Honestly I find the entire Rin drama more frustrating than anything else.
Sep 14, 2020 11:39 AM

Jun 2016
“You are kind and fragile, Yuki.
There is someone waiting out there, who will see this side of you and will know how special it is.”
Oct 3, 2020 3:49 AM

Jul 2020
That Haru and Rin’s kiss are so hard to watch as Yuki is also watching LMAO.

I like the new ED, sending a chill vibe
Oct 6, 2020 3:21 PM

Aug 2017
Kinda ok episode, I was surprised by the unexpected kiss between Haru and Rin. But for me
the saddest part was Tohru suffering!

Is Rin sleeping with Shigure? I want to know what's going on there lmao. pd: I don't like the new opening! First was better!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 7, 2020 12:37 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Dat kiss. So dramatic lol

┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ཐི♡ཋྀ «•«━━━━┙
Oct 11, 2020 5:14 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Haru´s kiss was a surprise!!! kekeke
Oct 12, 2020 10:39 AM

Mar 2013
People say that Tohru is basic, weak, boring but she is everything but that! From this episode you really get to see how the loss of both her parents compounded together into her current personality. It's so realistic too. It is so common for trauma survivors to turn into people pleasers because they fear abandonment to such a degree. I love watching this now as an adult because it connects so many things for me that I never truly understood as a child.

Fruits basket is a masterpiece.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 15, 2020 1:40 AM

Dec 2013
The OST of this series is ✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️
Really love the ED!
I admire Haru. Although he's struggling with his own issues, he's still kept thinking about Yuki. And Haru is the reason why Yuki's staying with Shigure?

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Nov 30, 2020 6:08 PM

Feb 2014
Rin has a temper, I can understand why some may find her and all her drama irritating, personally, I'm super interested in how her relathionship with Haru will develop from now on.

Also, Haru = Chad.
Mar 6, 2021 3:38 PM

May 2016
Real good episode, they seem to be jam packed at the moment with important details. I did think Tooru's grandfather passed, but glad that he didn't, that almost got me ;-;
Mar 13, 2021 9:25 AM
Dec 2020
the new op is so fitting and refreshing for this series

also, i love the fact that tohru's mom is in the op because she is a big big character that no one seems to realize
Mar 22, 2021 12:33 PM

Jun 2019
New ED slaps. Loved the Haru x Rin moment there.
Apr 1, 2021 6:07 PM
Jul 2008
anyone else think "OW" when Tohru fell onto her knees towards the end of the episode? I think the time stamp is around 19:00
Apr 25, 2021 9:10 AM

Mar 2010
Yuki always be crying, he really needs to man up already lol. I guess he is the one with the most trauma from the looks of it.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 30, 2021 12:55 AM

Dec 2020
new op !! loved it. ive heard that song so many times, never knew that it was from here lmao. also rly liked the ed. great ep once again, we got some separate focus' on yuki, rin, and tohru. all greatly. tohru abt to break down from shutting and holding everything in, yuki struggling with self acceptance and his trauma, and a build up for rin. rly liked this episode, most of the scenes were important
May 6, 2021 2:34 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I like how they slowly are introducing Rin before actually giving her a lot of focus, and I guess Haru really knows her because he was ever so easily able to slip past that defense she was putting... cute.

Feel bad for Tohru, the pieces are coming together, poor girl, glad Kyou was there for her.

New OP isn't bad, but what I really enjoy is the new ED which has such beautiful art~~
May 25, 2021 9:06 AM

Apr 2020
That kiss was unexpectedly romantic

Loved the revelations this episode
Jun 27, 2021 9:36 AM
Jun 2021
The new ED is just amazing! I mean, the episode was good as well but what stood out to me afterwards was how freaking much I like the song.
Jul 1, 2021 9:21 PM

Apr 2020
Touched by Shigure's words at the end plus a new ED song? DAMN More feels Heartwarming,
Jul 9, 2021 1:15 PM

Mar 2016
oh now, my favorite op is gone T_T
(new one sounds nice too)
Jul 24, 2021 8:22 PM

Jan 2020
This episode should be entitled "Drama". So much drama going on and complicated relationships everywhere. Shigure again messing with everyone's head, jesus.

I thought Haru was cool and wise for his age, and this episode proved it once again. I can't tell who's the best boy here, him or Kyo.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Aug 6, 2021 10:41 PM

Jul 2021
how is haru so mature for his age!? if I'm not wrong I think Rin is also trying to break the curse. when she ran into tooru when visiting kazume, he said that tooru was there for the same reason Rin came to him. we all know why tooru visited him. so yeah that's my guess. It would also explain why she's visiting Shigure, to get something out of him.

i really liked the ED with everyone in traditional clothes. who do you think is the best boi - haru or kyo ?
Aug 27, 2021 7:03 PM

Dec 2018
one hell of a kiss
haru acting like a boss
still so many loose ends
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2020

114 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 16, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2020

125 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 15, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

241 by SenChen »»
Sep 15, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2020

178 by TheStarscream759 »»
Sep 14, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

143 by SenChen »»
Sep 1, 2:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.