Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 1, 2018 6:29 AM

Jun 2017
Last season was better in terms of infodump, jokes, and lots of Hotaru. I don't feel like I learned much this season...
Apr 1, 2018 7:41 AM

May 2015
It is a shame that the anime season has ended. It was a shame that this was only 12+ minutes (I wanted to see more dagashi) and Hajime addition to the cast was a welcome addition, she is a pretty hilarious character.
Apr 1, 2018 11:20 AM

Mar 2012
Despite the some design changes and shorter length(which might've did it justice), I liked this more than first season. They switched up the formula too, last season got kind of repetitive. I hope the length increases the possibility of another season.
Apr 1, 2018 12:44 PM

Aug 2017
could have been better, liked the first season more
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2018 10:56 PM
Dec 2017
I would love to get an ova conclusion loll
"Life isn't always bright as daylight, the real personality of every person is when the night comes and the moonlight that shines through the dark hours."

Apr 1, 2018 11:02 PM

Aug 2010
This screams for a next season...i like this show as a side entertainment but i felt it lacked more dagashi compared to the first season
Apr 2, 2018 7:15 AM

Nov 2012
I'm gonna miss Owari and the Convenience Store Manager. I must say, although the Art of Season 1 was unparalleled, Season 2 was a blast of improvement in terms of Plot Progression, Character Interactions and Story Telling, I enjoyed every Episode. Wait lemme check if this is the last Episode... Yeah... Still, this was great.

Apr 2, 2018 2:23 PM

Jan 2014
Great finale, even if it lead,.. absolutely nowhere.

Kokonotsu may not have said what he wanted to say, but I think he sure said what needed to be said. He wasn't really taking it out on Hotarou, she needed to be told that's no way to say goodbye, and finally Kokonotsu's reaction should have made it obvious to her how much he cared.

Tō-kun always was thát guy, but he has turned into a complete deadbeat this season. I absolutely loved how everyone was arguing about who got to claim Kokonotsu, while he was still just going on about the dirty magazines.

gcnaruto said:
ridley388 said:
Hajime > Hotaru

That's all I learned from this show.

I see that you're a Man of culture as well :v

Hajime besto waifu

You two are on to something. Maybe Hajime appeals more to (slightly) older viewers. Hotarou is still best for Kokonotsu though. Those two conclusions are not mutually exclusive.

IZEROII said:
I personally liked the longer format but this worked out fairly well I suppose.

The first season had a much better format, better art, and better i.m.o. better voice acting, but the second season had a so much better story that was also more true to the manga.

Aversa said:
Making my biggest complain that Hotaru didn't get enough screen time this season.

Actually, I just wanted more drunk Yō & Tama-chan screentime.

Edit:

livingdarknet said:
I must say, although the Art of Season 1 was unparalleled, Season 2 was a blast of improvement in terms of Plot Progression, Character Interactions and Story Telling, I enjoyed every Episode.

Guess you said it first.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 2, 2018 9:05 PM

Oct 2008
This might be prolly the best episode!
Kokonotsu showed a lot of crying to Hotaru! Good thing she's there for him! But he's also crying because of a bit of happiness he found on Hotaru's Super Mario limited exclusive manga!
Could have been better if Hotaru slept beside Kokonotsu's shoulders! lolz
This is the best part! where all characters appeared and the situation went crazy chaos!
Who would have thought Konbini Tenchou was Hotaru's "nii-san" brother!!! So his whole name is revealed! Beniyutaka Shidare!
And the chase goes on! very nice episode!
5/5!
8/10.

Apr 4, 2018 3:14 PM

Jan 2014
Newly translated manga chapter just came out, that was apparently skipped in the anime,.. Hajime is even ten times better in the manga (^_^)!
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 4, 2018 11:29 PM

Mar 2009
Pretty good season of Dagashi Kashi, even if I don't understand why they cut the episodes in half. If we get another season, hopefully it'll go back to full-length episodes.

Hajime was a fun addition to the cast, btw.
Apr 6, 2018 2:24 AM

May 2017
HereticHunter said:
If they didn't include Drama with Hotaru on this anime it would have been better than first season.

Hajime is better than Hotaru like for a Lot

Hajime >>>> Saya >>> Hotaru

Overall it was okay, not good not bad. First season was better comedy wise

You beat me to it, my thoughts exactly

Fuck Coconuts and Hotaru

Sad that Saya isn't aggressive enough, then again childhood friends never wins

Hajime took over the show for me, the moment she appeared, best girl

S1 = 6/10
S2 = 4/10
LairucremApr 6, 2018 2:39 AM
Apr 6, 2018 6:27 AM

Jan 2011
So they were related after all. How'd I miss the same last name? I could have sworn I checked it after his first appearance.
Apr 17, 2018 7:12 PM

Feb 2014
Much better than the first season, even though it lacked scenes as good as those Saya x Kokonatsu moments from S1. But thanks to the shorter episode length and lesser "product placements", this season felt like a proper anime, than a glorified infomercial.

Hajime was great too. I especially liked the voice acting for her. It sounded quite natural, instead of the squeaky over the top voice acting you usually hear in anime.
VhailorApr 17, 2018 7:17 PM
Apr 17, 2018 7:19 PM

Feb 2014
As the first season, a solid 7/10 slice of life and comedy anime. Had more enjoyable scenes than boring ones.

Oh, and I think it having shorter episodes are a better thing! =)

I would surely watch another season of Dagashi Kashi ;)
Apr 20, 2018 1:37 PM

Aug 2016
So glad that they got different people to adapt season 2 as the first one was kind of mediocre in my opinion.

Hopes for season 3 so we can get more Yo and Convenience Store Manager ;D
Apr 20, 2018 4:03 PM

Mar 2012
This season made me dislike Hotaru even more
May 2, 2018 12:16 PM

Feb 2013
Great season even though it felt too short. Come on season 3!!

7/10
May 5, 2018 5:05 PM
Jun 2016
I'm back, welcome back and... It was refreshing to see her come back but where is the romance?if they had focused a little bit more on the romance it would've been soo much better damn it we want to see a waifu why take that away T^T
Aug 9, 2018 9:02 PM

May 2012
Totally fun ending and I totally expected that they were brother and sister! Pretty damn fun that every one wants him. While this was a short anime it was still very enjoyable!

I wonder if there will be a third season to be honest! Really liked it in general.
Oct 2, 2018 7:38 PM

Jan 2013
I can be wrong but i think i enjoyed this season much more than the previous one, maybe that's because the episodes were shorter and it felt more entertaining.

Glad that they reconnected.
I knew that Hotaru and that guy were connected xD

I would like to watch another season but with this format.
7/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 8, 2019 6:00 PM

Sep 2015
This season was surprising gorgeous, hopefully they adapt all that is left cause this anime is so fun!
Mar 5, 2019 12:41 PM

Aug 2017
Episode so great I might not drink clorox tonight. I also like Hajime VA

12 minutes long in each episode but still satisfied. Still, a 24 minutes episode would be better.
JulianWilliamsMar 5, 2019 1:44 PM
Jun 1, 2019 1:18 PM
Jan 2017
I LOOOVED THE 1ST Season. I found the anime to be funny and I adored every dagashi fun fact in every episode.

The 2nd season I'm 50/50 on I mean they still had some Dagashi facts and I loved how Kokonuts followed his passion for manga and refused to quit. but the whole thing with the convience store and new employee was kinda meh

I Sincerely hope they make another season to this.
Jul 30, 2019 4:06 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Saison 1 was way better imo, still good season.
Jul 31, 2019 11:35 AM

May 2016
Need more time to hit the manga, missed Hotaru chan.
Jan 16, 2020 1:56 PM

Apr 2013
So we got some Hotaru talk and then an ending with everyone gathered at the dagashi shop. Nothing special I guess.

So... I'm pretty disappointed tbh. The short episodes did not work very well, the art and animation was worse than in season 1 and Hotaru disappeared for more than 50%(!) of the show.... and we didn't even get a reason why she did not simply tell Kokonotsu that she would be gone for a while. Season 1 was far better than this one. 5/10
Feb 7, 2020 8:26 PM
Dec 2019
Season 3 should be announced
Mar 16, 2020 2:18 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Im glad i can watch this show from the beginning. A nice story with nice character. 12 minutes really can not afford such a good show like this. Ah and i really hope season 3 as well. But, who knows? Maybe my hopes too high to even reach the condition. Lol. Better i truly read manga for continuation story. However, well, i think i just wanna move on to another show since i really respect the original anime ending to be like that. And i just not wanna mess my brain with anything, because i just feel the end was really suit well.

8/10 for the series. Would be fun to rewatch it in the future.

Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 4, 2020 10:22 PM

Apr 2017
I really enjoyed the second season but I felt that the length of the chapters wasn't good enough but they still made a hell of a job. The development of the characters was more noticeable in this season. Somehow in less time, they managed to advance more in the series and the ending really makes me want to watch some more. Season 3 is very unlikely to happen so I guess it's a goodbye :( 9/10.

Hotaru has great waifu material but I have to admit Saya is best girl :D

May 8, 2020 3:48 PM
Sep 2019
Gametaff said:

Hotaru has great waifu material but I have to admit Saya is best girl :D

The only disappointing part of this show to me is that best girl Saya doesn't end up with him... Such a nice cute show but leaves me sad :(

At least there's another cultured person that acknowledges Saya as best girl

May 12, 2020 10:50 PM
Mar 2020
I enjoyed this anime. I wish the Hotaru return was better. Felt forced. First season was better then the second. However, I liked the new character Owari. First season 8/10. Second season 6/10
May 24, 2020 9:51 PM
Dec 2015
Honestly I felt that the second season was much worse than the first. The absence of Hotaru made the entire show feel a little lackluster. The first 6 episodes were a complete drag, and they only introduce Hajime halfway through the season as well. For the character that was supposed to be the waifu of the season she is only present for half the show and that's not even counting the last two episodes that focus on Kokonuts and Hotaru so it kinda ignores her. I felt that generally more gags hit in season one, that's not to say that Season two didn't have a couple of gems. It's sad to see that an anime that used to have full episode run times had a sequel that got the air time cut in half and was still slough to get through. I'm not saying I wish that this season had longer episodes, because god knows if I would be able to get through it if it did, but rather than I wish that it utilized it's short episodes better. Short anime usually packs a comedic punch and this sequel had way less punch than the original.

Oct 5, 2020 6:48 AM
Aug 2020
This is really great anime with slice of life and comedy genre

I wish hotoru doesn't leave Coconuts !
Oct 23, 2020 10:07 AM

May 2018
Ok, that was a pretty bad ending. Hotaru is back though, so it balances it out haha
Nov 28, 2020 8:49 PM

Feb 2016
It was funny, but I didn't enjoy this season so much like the previous season. 7/10
Dec 14, 2020 8:55 AM

Aug 2020
Nice ending. Hotaru finally came back, and things will return to the usual. I enjoyed this anime more than I thought.

Jan 10, 2021 8:33 PM

Jun 2010
Suprisingly good after the rather dull first season.
Mar 10, 2021 3:06 PM

Nov 2019
To be honest the short format was way better but its sooo repetitive.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Nov 7, 2021 6:58 AM
Sep 2021
This season was a tease. One of the best characters finally comes back only for it to end. In terms of the episode it was good like all the episodes in this show. I honestly thought this was going to be one of those no plot shows where at the end it decides to change its mind and possible genre to romance. The train station scene is evidence of this. However quickly reminded what the show is when he returns home and mid conversation Hotura pops up like nothing happened.
Mar 29, 2022 8:40 PM
Mar 2019
Preferred the second half without Hotaru in there, at least there was more laughs.
Romance was forced, did we need it? There was no hint in the 1st season other than wanting to see her Boobs, then suddenly "i'm in love"
Cannot believe Hotaru would not have a mobile phone so someone could ask where she is.
Overall, still some laughs to be had.
Apr 6, 2022 5:35 AM

Oct 2021
what a banger ending , honestly I feel like the show would've been fine as romance / slice of life comedy without the gourmet part .. that addition of Hajima definitely was for the better as she's claiming Best girl of the show , 2nd is definitely Saya.. I hope we get to witness a third season
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2022 5:35 AM

Oct 2021
what a banger ending , honestly I feel like the show would've been fine as romance / slice of life comedy without the gourmet part .. that addition of Hajima definitely was for the better as she's claiming Best girl of the show , 2nd is definitely Saya.. I hope we get to witness a third season
May 30, 2022 4:11 PM
Dec 2021
This is a fantastic anime!!!!!!1
Jul 20, 2022 2:12 AM

Feb 2019
Coconuts is wanted by everyone.

I want more.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Aug 27, 2022 2:56 AM

Jul 2019
Poor You, not being wanted or acknowledged.

"There's a guy with a weird name in the shop!"

It was a nice anime, felt a bit off when Hotaru disappeared for half the series but Hajime more than made up for her absence. It would be nice with a third season but that's not going to happen.

9/10
Feb 5, 2023 6:27 AM

Aug 2014
This is for both seasons:

This anime shines when Saya (blonde girl) is involved.  Without her, its meh

I will say though, that the new part-time worker girl is a cutie with a yummy bootea. 

But its ok this anime, a forgettable anime in the end, and I AM VERY SURPRISED it got a second season either way.
Aug 7, 2023 5:30 AM

Dec 2020
The reduced run time on episodes is better suited to this I think. S1 it ran a little too long for what they had going.

Hajime joining literally upped the whole season. I did notice the brother had the same circle eyes thing as hotaru but never really connected them. And the art changes sorta makes alot of them look like concept art models for fashion. The ones where they are drawn skinny and long to show off all the curves.

Enjoyed it quite a bit and wouldn't mind a s3!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2018

110 by bluntaba_sakura »»
Mar 23, 8:13 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

43 by Meritas »»
Feb 4, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2018

40 by Meritas »»
Feb 4, 2:52 AM

» after the anime

Kutana_0P - Apr 1, 2023

7 by KitsuFrost »»
Jan 20, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2018

49 by Meritas »»
Jan 10, 1:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.