Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Inuyashiki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2017 1:37 PM
Aug 2016
stoptheviolins said:
Not even Donald Trump could make this dumpster fire of a show great again.

4/10

“Great again”? Was it ever great? The show was decent, at most.
VinnyLamDec 21, 2017 3:47 PM
Dec 21, 2017 1:38 PM

Aug 2013
lmao. Wasn't expecting Trump.

An emotional finale. In the end, both Inuyashiki and Hiro had to sacrifice themselves to stop the asteroid. Inuyashiki proved that he is a real Hero.

It felt rushed but overall, it was an enjoyable show. 7/10.

Dec 21, 2017 1:40 PM

Sep 2016
I would never get why the conservative and xenophobic Japanese, of all peoples in this world, would make Trump the bad guy in his speech. *shrugs*

Sad to see the old man go. Best hero of 2017.

Was expecting the duo to destroy each other in their final fight, though. Hiro should die like a pure asshole he is.
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Dec 21, 2017 1:48 PM

Jul 2012

Is this the top waifu? Best girl?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2017 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
Holy fuck that ending was just pure ass and bullshit I can't even.

So not only did the series just made so much inconsistency and contradictions throughout its entire runtime, but we're going to go to this easily manipulative ending to make me feel shit? The fact that Trump was in this series as a reference makes it even more hard to even take it seriously. Because this series is just a meme. A living meme full of ironies and backfires that it's hard to stomach it.

Overall, the series had a good premise, I wasn't going to check it out because of my expectations but I did checked it out out of curiosity, and I won't lie the premiere hold promise to it, but in the end it took an 180 turn and just turned into a pretentious trainwreck overall.

Full of massive inconsistencies in the characters to where the development feels forced because YOLO, the episodes don't stand on their own will and in the end it just falls into a mish-mash. The characters themselves act so stupid and irrational to the point when I hear the show is realistic, I can't really buy it personally. Production was decent but in the end it was overall ass-cheeks with shit ton of derps etc. The main protagonist Hiro, switches his personality and ideas left and right to where I can't really feel sympathetic, and the ending proved my point even. The only saving grace for this series was the music, and that even doesn't hold up to it.

With that, my final score will be a 2/10, One of the worst shows I have ever watched when it comes to this year. At least Hand Shakers was so bad that it was funny to some extent, at least The Reflection was just souless, so I essentially feel nothing but boredom. Inuyashiki just takes every little inch of realistic aspects and abuses them to the point where it becomes actually insulting to the topics the show talks about, due to the horrifying execution. Also, I say I'm sorry, but the author cannot write at all, just like his previous works. So if anything I'm probably not going to check his future works out, as he's nothing but an guy that uses these things and doesn't know how to use them properly.
Dec 21, 2017 1:57 PM

Feb 2015
Well, that ending was stupid. Probably the 2nd worst anime of the season.
Dec 21, 2017 2:03 PM

Feb 2016
That was a very underwhelming (and rushed) final episode. ugh, finally this is over 4/10

It has the potential to be better than it was, sadly it wasn't
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 21, 2017 2:03 PM

Aug 2017
I feel like this episode really brought the anime down a couple of notches. "Hey! Here's Donald Trump and an asteroid!!" It was just so random. I felt like they just put that asteroid in there to finish things up. Just a sudden plot device that was completely disjointed from the rest of the story. Clearly, the ending should have been something akin to Hiro coming for Ichiro's family and a fight to the death. For there just to be an asteroid, just to give Hiro a chance to redeem himself...that was kind of weak. Especially when they made you hate him so much, you don't WANT to see redemption, you want to see him choke up blood like King Joffrey before he croaks. And then after that, for it to be meaningless anyway, and Inuyashiki to have to kill himself, too? It just wasn't a good ending. Still a good show, but a weak ending.
Dec 21, 2017 2:05 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
smoledman said:
I changed my vote from 10 to 1 for the ridiculous Trump caricature. Way to blow immersion and ruin what could have been a great anime. Now I'll always remember the Trump thing. Good doing fuckheads.

Thats the most retarded thing i've read this week.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 21, 2017 2:06 PM
Jun 2014
What a shitty and super predictable ending. Japanese are incapable of writing serious and gritty stories without sacrifice or self sacrifice. I was pleasantly surprised when Hito volunteered to sacrifice himself since i knew since early on that Iuyashiki would end up sacrificing himself for some reason, i was only pleasantly surprised for a few minutes.. Again, what a shitty ending.
Dec 21, 2017 2:14 PM

Aug 2013
The hero always sacrifices himself for the greater good in the end.

Too bad this show went from having so much promise to having a shitty cop out for an ending. 5/10.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 21, 2017 2:18 PM

May 2017
DatRandomDude said:
smoledman said:
I changed my vote from 10 to 1 for the ridiculous Trump caricature. Way to blow immersion and ruin what could have been a great anime. Now I'll always remember the Trump thing. Good doing fuckheads.

One of the big reasons I watch anime is to escape from the shit that is this world. Especially politics shit. I do not want current-day politics invading my fucking anime. That's a red line for me and I give the show 1/10 as punishment to the studio.
Dec 21, 2017 2:19 PM

Nov 2015
is there anyway that inuyashiki is alive ? manga LN anything ?
Dec 21, 2017 2:31 PM
May 2017
smoledman said:
Damn so funny, gottem good amirite?!
Dec 21, 2017 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
DatRandomDude said:
smoledman said:

^ This

and Trump isn't even an issue, that's so minor and that's really nothing. xD
Dec 21, 2017 2:42 PM

Sep 2016
Wow, mappa finally delivered the great animation they were supposed to deliver in some of the earlier episodes. My only gripe with this episode is that they failed the donald trump scene by not having his glorious voice say "we will destroy shishigami". Overall an interesting series, not excellent especially in its delivery but very enjoyable and even hilarious at times nonetheless. Even though it's technically bad on some levels i just can't bring myself to hate it. Also i found the end wasn't as shitty as people said. It sure was contrived and a little bullshit if you think harder about it (science allows us to detect asteroids thousands of years before they even come close to earth so a big asteroid like that going unnoticed is very unlikely) but i'd say it worked well on an emotional level.
Dec 21, 2017 2:48 PM

Mar 2014
What the fuck? Not sure if I'm just not grasping a deeper message here or if the ending was just retarded.

Why did they become machines and how? Why did they supposedly have as a purpose to save/destroy earth? Why was there the whole asteroid subject, what was the point of it. I'm getting that it's probably aliens wanting to save earth from the asteroid but this still doesn't provide a full explanation.

It had a really strong start but the ending was really bad. I don't think it's the adaptation's fault but the actual writing being too flawed. I would rate this higher for the first half but that potential was lost. I feel like the author didn't know what to do at the end so he just made up the whole asteroid event.

Trainwreck of the season 5/10
DanaeDec 21, 2017 2:52 PM
Dec 21, 2017 3:00 PM

Jan 2014
Fucking Trump lmaooo. I almost cried when he triggered the self-detonation and the music came in. But still, I can't help but feel that finale ending came out of no where.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 21, 2017 3:06 PM
Jun 2013
This series had a lot of potential. Fantastic premise but poorly executed. The main issue seemed to be interesting, fully fleshed out characters and a plot...there was no real plot, just a bunch of indiscriminate killings and Inuyashiiki trying to save the day. The CG animation was God-awful most of the time, too.

We never learned why Shishi was at the park, anything about the aliens, the son was a background character and should have had a lot more involvement, etc.

I enjoyed it enough to finish it, but overall pretty disappointing.
Dec 21, 2017 3:11 PM
May 2016
amazing ending. despite the awful cgi and animation sometimes, it was a very enjoyable show. 7.5/10
Dec 21, 2017 3:14 PM
May 2016
VanishingKira said:

Make Anime Great Again!!

LOL! You know what though? Trump is such a sociopath that if the world WAS about to be destroyed, he really would tell everyone else to go to hell with his dying breath.
Dec 21, 2017 3:15 PM

May 2015
LOL, Trump made his appearance.

Finale felt pretty rushed, but I thought it was pretty decent for what it was, although quite sad... Inuyashiki was a great hero ;__;....

Overall, really enjoyed the show, despite the animation flaws and CG.

9/10.

Dec 21, 2017 3:21 PM

Jul 2016
Last episode should have been the final.
Dec 21, 2017 3:21 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
It was a good and emotional finale.

Hiro might have been the villain all along but he died a hero.
Inuyashiki was a true hero through and through and his little outing with his family was very emotional and his final sacrifice was truly heroic. R.I.P Inuyashiki, a true hero.

Overall, a great series that I enjoyed plenty. Liked how the story developed and showcased the pure heroic deeds of Inuyashiki. Hiro's character and his mercurial nature of switching heart often probably did come of as a little rushed but I guess I could understand what his character was like. The CGi was a bit jarring at times but nevertheless a great show and ultimately what I truly liked about it till the very end was the pure self sacrificing spirit of Inuyashiki. By all means of the word he was a true hero. :(

8/10
Same here....I wanted Shishigami to kill Trump though lol
Dec 21, 2017 4:04 PM

Oct 2013
I'm literally crying, too much feels in this last episode.
Goodbye Inuyashiki-san, you were the Hero the world needed.
9.5/10 , tears/10.

____

Trump-sama telling the world to do whatever we want on our last days, dammit that was good. Make Anime Great Again!!!
Dec 21, 2017 4:10 PM

Mar 2014
Gonna miss the old mana nd Hiro (even is if he is a sociopath and killer)

But most of all...

HIT ME ON THE GROUND!
HIT ME ON THE GROUND!
HIT ME ON THE GROUND!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 21, 2017 4:13 PM
Sep 2016
The final episode is....
Good
Or maybe not bad...I guess...?

Almost every previous episode was more emotional than this one.

The episode emphasized on the story’s message:
-What we do is what makes us human.
-Appreciate life.
-Cherish the people you care about.

The story could have been better if it was expanded more.
It would have probably strayed away from the message but I think it would have been interesting.
But yeah...I’ll forgive how they became this super machine.
Dec 21, 2017 4:16 PM
Jul 2018
Oh yeah the old "an asteroid is going to collide and destroy the world, and only the mc can saves all" card.. classic way of ending a series.

Well in the end, much like the author previous work, this series turned out to be a huge trainwreck from start to finish. It relied too much on shock value and irrationality to try prove a point, the CGI felt jarring in many scenes, the pacing was all over the place and the characters were just plain horrible.
Dec 21, 2017 4:26 PM

Mar 2011
Good thing I decided to pick up the manga, the ending was ok, I didn't expect much since I read it, and considering previous author's work, well...
Overall enjoyed this anime 8/10
Dec 21, 2017 4:37 PM
Jun 2016
it was good ending drama even so it was in rush
but rly a "gaint asteroid" bigger than the Earth APPEARS from nowhere needs tow bombs (not one) .
old and traditional end to makes the both heros and makes more drama :3
and they also show the real VILLAIN :3
5/10
Mohannad_ODec 21, 2017 4:55 PM
Dec 21, 2017 4:38 PM
Nov 2016
The ending was not that good for me because of Inuyashiki's death and felt rushed towards the end.

but it was a great ride overall in spite of the not so good ending.

Definitely one of the best Anime this Season.
8/10 from me!
Dec 21, 2017 4:39 PM
Aug 2013
Ugh I really enjoyed this show. It broke my heart to see our main character have to sacrifice himself like that to save everyone, right after he reunited with his family. Ending def felt rushed, but overall it was still great. Nice touch at the end to make Mari the winner of the Jump contest. Honestly wished that the Hiro self-destruct would be enough., and we'd get a full happy ending.
Dec 21, 2017 4:48 PM

Jan 2016
1. I honestly thought there will be a plot twist in which the dog is actually a robot and saved the world since the dog is also in that park when the alien incident occurred.
2. Should be a bit more interesting if Inuyashiki were at first trying to force Hiro to sacrifice himself to the asteroid in exchange of his sin before Inuyashiki even intended to sacrifice himself which is kind of boring.
"The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply." - Unknown
Dec 21, 2017 5:13 PM

Oct 2012
Trump, really? So even Japanese hate him now? Like he is responsible for every bad thing in the world, this way he would be trope by himself soon (but it was good detail to include actual US president, that's for sure)

So she wrote the story about his father in the end? (even with robot lookalike). Would like to have that JUMP page translated as there is more info about the story of her manga. The ending scene felt little abrupt.
But it was kinda obvious how everything would end from the moment we heard about the meteorite. Shame it only felt as plot device and nothing more.

Still, I had some issues with reaction of all those people to danger, they felt like mindless husks with no sense of self-preservation in face of danger at times. The police and TVs were highly incompetent her (not even being able to find those two who were flashing their face around way too often to be anonymous. The overal plot arc was nice and interesting but there were several suspension of disbelief blocks along the way.

I kinda enjoyed the series for what it was and I got the message it tried to convey but I probably wouldn't want to see it ever again as it was pretty straight ride from start to the end without any real hurdles along the way. An okay show for what it was I guess.

6.5/10 Very promising series in the beginning but I didn't really like how they forcefully tried to redeem Hiro too (several times). His two faces (killing and loving) didn't work together quite well (they should stick to one) and his motivations to kill people were weird at best.
Dec 21, 2017 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
The ending was very sad, but I think it had to end sometime.
Amazing journey following the MC and the villain.
It had realistic reactions from the causes that the characters were doing.
This is probably the most graphic anime I seen but I don't regret it.

10/10
Dec 21, 2017 5:36 PM
Jul 2014
They could of made the anime 12 episodes. Give it some time to build onto the ending. I think that would have been a lot better.

Overall it was an enjoyable anime. I didn't find it bad.
Dec 21, 2017 5:46 PM

Mar 2014
Wow, what a tragic and touching ending. Some moments sent chills down my spine, and I was pretty close to breaking out crying.
Boosted my score from a 7 to an 8 after the moments in the final two episodes.

The CG is the only truly bad part of this anime. It has some other flaws besides that as well, but the pacing, the acting, the story, and it's conclusion are all really satisfying and makes the show easy to recommend.
::End of Transmission::

Dec 21, 2017 5:57 PM
Apr 2017
Emotional final episode
Inuyashiki you're the real hero
Overall good anime
9/10
Dec 21, 2017 6:00 PM

Sep 2011
I can understand why this show is so divisive, but wow there is some seriously unnecessary meanness going on in this thread. Can't we all just be nice to each other and respect other people's opinions even if we don't agree with them?

I can't say the show was perfect, it definitely wasn't, it had plenty of flaws... But what it did well, it did extremely well, and I found it easy to forgive its flaws because it had so much going in its favor. But I get that not everyone is into the things that I thought made it enjoyable. It was a fun ride, anime of the season is definitely between this and Land of the Lustrous/Houseki no Kuni for me, with Ancient Magus' Bride a close 3rd (please don't hurt me for not liking it more).
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Dec 21, 2017 6:10 PM

Aug 2016
this is actually a really good story, but that meteor appeared from anywhere (can´t tell if it´s a manga problem, or an adaptation problem), beside Hiro changing his mind so suddenly and healing some people (I think it was in ep 7). but I don´t have any more complains about this. Also, Inuyashiki is one of the (if not the) most charismatic main characters this year.
:v
Dec 21, 2017 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
I feel like this show was a train wreck lol. It was very entertaining, but hard to take seriously. I loved the opening episode and the series had it's moments but it was way too all over the place. That being said, I don't regret watching it at all.
Dec 21, 2017 6:11 PM

Sep 2015
That was pretty good. It was pretty predictable, but enjoyable nonetheless. I’m amazed at how the pacing wasn’t trash because of how much they adapted.
Dec 21, 2017 6:13 PM

Dec 2014
Ending felt crammed, but it was overall a good ride. 7/10

Really would've been nice if Trump actually voiced in this ep lol.
I need sleep.
Dec 21, 2017 6:23 PM

Jan 2016
Am I the only one beyond annoyed by the fact that Inuyashiki's family treated him like total garbage and then, after they discover he is a hero robot, they are suddently a happy family?This is just the one that annoyed me the most, all character interactions in this anime feel weird in some way or another.The sudden Mari introduction, Hiro in his entirety, that girl who loves Hiro unconditionaly for no reason at all, it was a big toll on my enjoyement.I give it a 4/10.
LorientalDec 21, 2017 6:30 PM
Dec 21, 2017 6:26 PM
Dec 2014
What was supposed to be emotional and epic where our main characters detonated themselves was so anticlimactic and made for a weak moment
Dec 21, 2017 6:26 PM

Dec 2008
Well fuck me, I sure was not expecting an ending like this but from the begin I wasn't expecting anything from this anime(which greatly proved me wrong)...

I mean, it was an old guy that due to his illness was older than expected for his age, turn into a machine that can do pretty much everything and ends up blowing it self to destroy a meteor in collision course with earth...

I sure would love to see like the aliens fixing both of them and some more development but at the same time I really enjoy how it started and ended, I wished this EP would have lasted enough to show more about Mari's manga within this episode but I guess we can all image what was it all about anyway...

Oh right, and of course, haters gonna hate!
Dec 21, 2017 6:47 PM

Jun 2015
Wow, it was actually a great final episode, I didn't felt it rushed at all, and the ending hit me hard, it may be the hype, but right now I love this series a fucking lot. 9/10.
Sad Chokko didn't get his place tho, also, the crying faces were heartbreaking.

Dec 21, 2017 6:53 PM

Sep 2012
It went down from the first episode, the drama felt forced and the characterization was rushed but like with Mayoiga it had the silliness factor that made it somewhat enjoyable. 6/10
Dec 21, 2017 6:55 PM

Jul 2015
"I don't know how to end this story so I'll throw a meteor there."

Anyway, still a nice anime tho. 7/10.
Dec 21, 2017 6:58 PM

May 2015
I enjoyed the adaptation much more than the manga, just for pacing. The story development is awful and except for the protagonist, the characters are utterly forgettable.

5/10
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2017

183 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 1, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2017

215 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 1, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2017

382 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 1, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

159 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2017

330 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.