Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Inuyashiki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2017 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, Inuyashiki's family reunites and for the first time in probably a long time, they feel together.

Compared to some of the recent episodes of this show, this one pretty much reflects the more quieter side of the lives for our main characters. Seriously, they had to show Trump on TV...

It also became obvious the episode wanted to settle the finale part for Ichiro Inuyashiki to make things right again. What a man in space. Honestly, I'm going to miss this show.
Dec 21, 2017 8:53 AM

Nov 2015
This anime made me laugh
This anime made me cry
This anime made me go "WTF that's retarded"
I give this a 9/11

Maybe the aliens will fix their mess they did with Inuyashiki and Hiro.

^ LMFAO Trump-kun! The real villain
HACKs! šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®
Dec 21, 2017 9:00 AM

Sep 2016
Honestly I thought the Hrio conflict was going to take 4 episodes to resolve. But then it dragged on, and on...And on and on....And on some more...And then on some more again...And then it continued......This anime felt an ocean of wasted potential.. Instead of getting a story about robocop we got a story about his emo cousin gunning down a bunch of cannon fodder.

Hell I could have just watched 6 hours of someone shooting up new york in gta 4 and would have gotten the same experience. How the fuck am I supposed to get invested when literally nothing fucking happens.

I've surpassed your limit!
Dec 21, 2017 10:52 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
LMAO, they actually adapted Trump. I totally thought they'll cut him out because: there's not enough time to adapt 15 chapters in one episode and Trump's part is so silly that it makes the final moments of this series cringe-worthy.

They surprisingly fit 15 chapters into this episode without feeling jarringly fast (except the last couple of mins since the epilogue was only skimmed over). Overall, this series isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, nor is it particularly great either. It has an interesting premise and that alone makes it a series worth checking out for most people. The execution is a little wonky, but the overall absurdity and uniqueness of the series makes it enjoyable regardless. Inuyashiki's a likable character due to his overall character traits, rather than his actual development. Shishigami isn't anything too great, but not bad either. He's a decent enough representation of an apathetic teenager who has mass destruction-level powers, who's also conflicted in the fact that he's unaware of what truly makes him feel "alive" or "relevant" in this world. The only people that defined his relevancy was his mother, Ando, Shion and her grandmother, so it makes sense that he's will to sacrifice himself solely to save there lives, even if it means saving the lives of millions of people that he hates for rejecting him. The story of the series is fairly straightforward, but I also think that the straightforwardness plays to the series' advantage. Considering how absurd the series is as a whole, trying to make it overly-complex or anything would just make it feel wrong.

From an adaptation standpoint, MAPPA did a lot of good and bad things. CG animations during certain moments makes sense since a lot of stuff would be hard to animate hand-drawn. Bus some of the texture work is pretty bad at times. I think a lot of it was intentionally blurry because of the whole TV seizure censorship thingy, so I'm expecting everything to look sharper in the BDs. Sound effects and music was well-done. And I grew to like the voice-acting by the end of the series. MAPPA adapted 10 volumes worth of content into 11 volumes, and they actually did it pretty well. If this series was 12 episodes, with the last episode's content being divided into two episodes, I think it would've made the ending "better".

6/10
GoldenDevilGamerDec 21, 2017 11:09 AM
Dec 21, 2017 11:04 AM
Jun 2015
the whole asteroid thing is kinda bs lol
RIP Hiro and Ichiro

Overall 8/10 despite the rush ending
Dec 21, 2017 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
Haha I didn't think they'd do it but they actually adapted Trump 10/10
removed-userDec 21, 2017 11:08 AM
Dec 21, 2017 11:12 AM

Nov 2016
Dat Trump part,tho,I don't even.... xD

Well it was obvious that Hiro and Inuyashiki would stop the meteoroid,kinda sad that both lost their love due to it :/

Overall a very entertaining show, writing and pace could have been better,but it was still a great watch.

7/10
FMmatronDec 21, 2017 11:16 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 21, 2017 11:12 AM
Jun 2014
uchimaki131 said:
the whole asteroid thing is kinda bs lol
RIP Hiro and Ichiro

Overall 8/10 despite the rush ending

that's how manga ended so it's the author's fault, just in case you're wondering
Dec 21, 2017 11:18 AM

Jan 2013
The whole space scene was astounding.

Overall this anime was fine. It mostly stood faithful to the manga and had good animation except some ugly ass CGI shots.
Dec 21, 2017 11:20 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That felt SUPER rushed, no real build-up of anything, just jumping straight into scene after scene. Not a good finale.

Show was entertaining all the way, sitting at 8/10 the whole way until the last two episodes which frankly were not too good so imma have to put this at 7/10.
Dec 21, 2017 11:22 AM

Jun 2015
This was a really good finale. Inuyashiki and Hiro sacrificed themselves to save Earth. There were some sad moments. Mari got her manga accepted into Jump. I'm happy for her. I wasn't expecting to see Trump. They made him just as idiotic as he is in real life. Very good show overall. I'm going to miss it. 8/10
Dec 21, 2017 11:26 AM

Jun 2015
6/10
Trump was funny
Dec 21, 2017 11:26 AM

Dec 2014
It was a good and emotional finale.

Hiro might have been the villain all along but he died a hero.
Inuyashiki was a true hero through and through and his little outing with his family was very emotional and his final sacrifice was truly heroic. R.I.P Inuyashiki, a true hero.

Overall, a great series that I enjoyed plenty. Liked how the story developed and showcased the pure heroic deeds of Inuyashiki. Hiro's character and his mercurial nature of switching heart often probably did come of as a little rushed but I guess I could understand what his character was like. The CGi was a bit jarring at times but nevertheless a great show and ultimately what I truly liked about it till the very end was the pure self sacrificing spirit of Inuyashiki. By all means of the word he was a true hero. :(

8/10
Dec 21, 2017 11:29 AM

May 2017
I changed my vote from 10 to 1 for the ridiculous Trump caricature. Way to blow immersion and ruin what could have been a great anime. Now I'll always remember the Trump thing. Good doing fuckheads.
Dec 21, 2017 11:31 AM

Apr 2014
Was her winning the manga contest suppose to make it a happy ending just seconds after seeing Inuyashiki, Shishigami, and Inuyashiki's son all die? Sad as fuck ending.

Enjoyment wise id give it a 10/10.
Criticizing it on all fields id give it an 9/10, especially due to heavy emotional scenes like the whole first episode, Mari dying but then comes which I did not see coming, I was convinced Mari was dead.
Fucking loved this anime.

That trump cameo though, he even called everyone losers, very fitting to the character.
Dec 21, 2017 11:35 AM

Jun 2014
LOL Trump is infiltrating anime now. He sounded just as ridiculous here as he does in real life. LMAO at the person a couple posts above me, what a ridiculous reason to give a show a 1.

Not sure how I feel about this ending. It felt pretty rushed tbh, I feel like this show needed just one more episode. I guess it's fine though, it's good to see that the planet was saved from the asteroid, but it sucks that Inuyashiki also had to sacrifice himself since Hiro's sacrifice wasn't enough. I guess it's a perfect ending for him, since he spent the whole show saving people and got to do just that in his final moments. I'm also proud of Mari for getting her manga accepted.

This was a really entertaining show overall, that could have used some improved animation at times and maybe some better pacing toward the end. Still, it was a good show that I looked forward to every week. I think this is more of a 6.5, but since MAL doesn't have half scores, I'll be generous and round up to 7/10.
thebrentinator24Dec 21, 2017 11:40 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 21, 2017 11:35 AM

Mar 2016
why was trump in this?!??!?!?! lmaoooooo what

hiro and inuyashiki are both heroes

7/10
Dec 21, 2017 11:36 AM

Nov 2015
AbyssAnime said:
Was her winning the manga contest suppose to make it a happy ending just seconds after seeing Inuyashiki, Shishigami, and Inuyashiki's son all die? Sad as fuck ending.

Enjoyment wise id give it a 10/10.
Criticizing it on all fields id give it an 9/10, especially due to heavy emotional scenes like the whole first episode, Mari dying but then comes which I did not see coming, I was convinced Mari was dead.
Fucking loved this anime.

That trump cameo though, he even called everyone losers, very fitting to the character.

Inuyashiki's son didn't die, he just fought back.
And officially Inuyashiki and Shikigami alrdy died in first ep.
Dec 21, 2017 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
I laughed my ass off when I saw Trump
Dec 21, 2017 11:39 AM

Mar 2013
Started off potentially strong, but lack of good animation and logic were really bothering in the 2nd half. Last episode was a complete trainwreck.
Dec 21, 2017 11:41 AM
Mar 2015
The Trump insert sounded like something he would actually say

The two combining to save the earth was enough to change my opinion of the show
Hiro could have destroyed the earth with his powers if he wanted to but did not
Dec 21, 2017 11:43 AM

Oct 2011
Inuyashiki the hero, šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
Dec 21, 2017 11:50 AM
šŸ„Š CHAMPION šŸ„Š

Apr 2016
Hiro first, and after Inuyasaki, saved the world!!!
Trump, what were you doing? xD
Dec 21, 2017 11:53 AM

Nov 2013
Don't get how so many seasonal one-cours become so polarizing.

Sure it felt rushed in the first few episodes. Especially as it was all just to set the stage for the encounter between our depressed terminally-ill "old" man as philanthropy incarnate, and the needlessly psychopathic teenage serial killer as Obvious Antagonist #1. But that didn't prove to be anything more than some combination of imperfect execution and a prohibitively short run time. Oh and that Yakuza guy who was such a central recurring character for several episodes, to then suddenly disappear into irrelevance later on made that whole arc seem less meaningful and almost like filler to build up the list of good deeds under Inuyashiki's belt. Could have been handled better.

Overall it had some decent points going for it. A depiction of modern families and how they can drift apart while still being human was nice to see, in contrast to the usual non-existent family dynamic where everyone is either at each other's throats due to contrived anime reasoning or entirely incapable of conflict and picture perfect in their mutual unconditional love. OST was reasonable. Even trying to redeem the antagonist so definitively cast as the embodiment of evil was nice, as it showed an element of humanity to someone who quickly became a disenfranchised and apathetic teenager with some attachment to the real world rather than a generic "I kill people, I'm bad" antagonist to which there isn't a scrap of humanity to be found.

6/10, maybe 7/10 as it was one of the more interesting shows to keep up with this season. Though I can see why some might give it a 4 or a 5 depending on personal enjoyment or how they took certain aspects of the story. Can't understand how this is propelled to an 8, 9, or 10, nor 3, 2, or 1. It's just not remarkable enough to be labeled excellent, nor lacking enough to be labeled garbage. It's 11 episodes and understandably at best it's alright, at worst it's not well executed but possessing potential.
Dec 21, 2017 12:00 PM

May 2017
WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT ENDING ;-; I refuse to believe Inuyashiki died šŸ˜­
RIP Hiro, he was a piece of shit but at least he did something useful in the end..
Ahhh I'm really gonna miss this anime :(
Dec 21, 2017 12:00 PM

Sep 2016
random plot device because the author doesn't have any idea how to end the series. it's stupid af but at least not bad and boring like gantz clusterfuck ending.

quite boring at some episode, but good enough 6/10
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 21, 2017 12:04 PM

Apr 2016
Trump-kun and asteroid outta nowhere xD
6/10
Dec 21, 2017 12:06 PM

May 2016
They should have at least made their deathes to look cool I mean they didn't even show how the meteoroid changed course only a light on Chocco's face isn't enough.

I have so much to say about this show I don't even know what to say, I feel so sad for Inuyashki but not for Shishigami I'm actually happy for him that he could atone for what he did. 7/10

I will definitely start reading the manga hopefully I can get a better ending there.
Dec 21, 2017 12:12 PM

Oct 2014
That was some stupid shit, I want to forget this show but only because it had so much potential to be great.

Whatever. I'm over it. Inuyashiki is still a good dude even if the show he's in isn't.

4/10
Dec 21, 2017 12:13 PM
Jun 2017
really disliked the ending.
7/10
Dec 21, 2017 12:14 PM
Sep 2007
This ending felt super rashed and random which is a bummer given how good all the other episodes were :\
Who was the kid on the roof at the end? Kinda missed that one.
yoleiDec 21, 2017 12:24 PM
Dec 21, 2017 12:14 PM

Jan 2016
Raizel said:
I will definitely start reading the manga hopefully I can get a better ending there.

Well there we have it. The end. Inuyashiki was either ridiculous or great, or both. We get a semi-redemption of Shishigami, some small development for his son, we finally realise that his family would cry when he dies (link to first episode), and Mari beats the other guy who was in another episode for like 5 minutes in the Shonen Jump competition. The ending could have been better. The ending didn't really need Donald Trump (at least the VA was actually American). But all in all, it is conclusive in a realistic way. We don't see everyone happy in the end, we don't see everyone Inuyashiki has saved, we don't see the reactions to Shishigami's death/disappearance. Humanity carries on with their lives. This is how everything is meant to be.

8/10. I know it was flat-out ridiculous in some areas, and the CGI was piss-poor in others, but all in all, a faithful adaptation of the manga.

yolei said:
This episode felt super rashed which is a bummer :\

Inuyashiki's son who fought back against the bullies, this time.
Dec 21, 2017 12:20 PM

Sep 2013
The poor doggo falling off the stairs and not saying goodbye to inuyashiki :'( heart wrenching.
The meteor is destroyed with both hiro and the old man self destructing for mankind even though it's filled with killings still.
The kid beats the bullies and mari wins the manga prize, bittersweet ending 9/10
Dec 21, 2017 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
amazing. this truly stands out from the rest. i feel like there should have been more character development with Inuyashiki's son.
Dec 21, 2017 12:23 PM
Apr 2016
When the challenged aliens dropped on the Earth they have tipped the balance of things, giving away immense power alien to that world. Two people, one to whom decency was all and the other to whom nothing ever was. In the end, the asteroid, which could arguably been sent by the aliens to force the balance back. One gratified and one, somewhat, absolved, restoring the way of things that always been there. Except everyone now knows a real tale of a hero and a villain. Also wild Trump appeared. I honestly think he should be honoured.

The most sad part kicked in when Ando fathomed the second explosion light...

Inuyashiki is a decent series that is not exactly a fantasy, just a science-fiction "what if". The kind of borderline justice Inuyashiki exerted and the borders of insanity that never existed for Hiro - those people are as real as the moving pictures they are drawn upon. They lack the powers to both save and destroy, but... it could be for the better. I might never know.
This is a series I would be proud to name out aloud.
Re:formed
Dec 21, 2017 12:23 PM
Sep 2007
ButadonMeitantei said:
Raizel said:

Well there we have it. The end. Inuyashiki was either ridiculous or great, or both. We get a semi-redemption of Shishigami, some small development for his son, we finally realise that his family would cry when he dies (link to first episode), and Mari beats the other guy who was in another episode for like 5 minutes in the Shonen Jump competition. The ending could have been better. The ending didn't really need Donald Trump (at least the VA was actually American). But all in all, it is conclusive in a realistic way. We don't see everyone happy in the end, we don't see everyone Inuyashiki has saved, we don't see the reactions to Shishigami's death/disappearance. Humanity carries on with their lives. This is how everything is meant to be.

8/10. I know it was flat-out ridiculous in some areas, and the CGI was piss-poor in others, but all in all, a faithful adaptation of the manga.

yolei said:
This episode felt super rashed which is a bummer :\

Inuyashiki's son who fought back against the bullies, this time.

ohhh, thanks! They kinda looked the same, so I thought he was being bullied again :(
Dec 21, 2017 12:24 PM
Apr 2016
RebelPanda said:
That was some stupid shit, I want to forget this show but only because it had so much potential to be great.

Whatever. I'm over it. Inuyashiki is still a good dude even if the show he's in isn't.

4/10

The dog falling down the stairs signified the belief and affection of the dog that knew that her owner and the closest friend would not come back and rushed without any concern for HER own safety.
You lack either a comprehension or a compassion. And I dread to claim which is worse.
Dec 21, 2017 12:32 PM

Oct 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
RebelPanda said:

4/10

The dog falling down the stairs signified the belief and affection of the dog that knew that her owner and the closest friend would not come back and rushed without any concern for HER own safety.
You lack either a comprehension or a compassion. And I dread to claim which is worse.

"Oh no, that cute dog is sad and fell down the stairs!! Now is when they want me to start crying right?"
I like dogs! Seeing them get hurt makes me upset, but seeing the creator of this hurt a dog to evoke a contrived response in the audience just makes me angry. Everything in that scene was so wrong so that dog thing felt totally out of place.

I can't help but feel cynical towards this show after wasting 10 episodes on it.
Dec 21, 2017 12:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I love it that they had the balls to keep the Trump part. Everyone keeps on saying it's silly, but to me it actually seems to be totally in character.

I actually enjoyed the adaptation more than i did reading the manga. Don't know why though. Hard to explain.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 21, 2017 12:40 PM
Mar 2017
They removed the scene of the people who have sex in the middle of the street and everyone is watching them. When I saw that, I thought poor couple now that the world did not end, they were like fools haha
FireCrauterDec 21, 2017 12:43 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 21, 2017 12:48 PM

Dec 2015
This is a very silly show that I felt would have worked a lot better for me if it didn't take itself as seriously.

Still had a very climatic and emotionally satisfying last episode.

Overall, this show failed for me because it relied so heavily on shock value, and contained way too many flaws in just the writing, characters, and direction etc. (also animation/CG looked like ass most of the time). Take away the gore and violence, and what you are left with is nothing of value.

I am giving this a 4/10 instead of 3/10 because that Trump scene made me fall outta my chair.
HibikaseDec 21, 2017 3:37 PM
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Dec 21, 2017 12:51 PM

Jul 2015
It felt rushed, i mean why go for 11 episode? they could have done a better job with 12 episode and maybe add some details about the asteroid and stuff. it was kind of buzz kill but oh welll.
I would give it more but with this ending 7/10
Dec 21, 2017 12:53 PM

Feb 2013
This was too sad.
Inuyashiki-san had to sacrifice himself too.
Dunno what to think about Hiro now, can he be also called a hero now?
Dec 21, 2017 1:04 PM

May 2010
Did the aliens make them robots so they could save earth?
Dec 21, 2017 1:07 PM

Aug 2015
Amazing!! Even Trump appeared there... It was sad but also a happy ending. There will be no "gods" in the world, this could be a problem, so it was a magnificent end. I believe Hiro redeemed himself and Inuyashiki proved to be a true hero. I can't wait to see the live-action.
Dec 21, 2017 1:07 PM

Mar 2013
Farabeuf said:
I actually enjoyed the adaptation more than i did reading the manga. Don't know why though. Hard to explain.
Voice actors... that's why
Dec 21, 2017 1:15 PM

Sep 2015
Inuyashiki Overall Impressions:

I have heard about this series from Gigguk, and I decided to read the manga a month before the anime premiered for the Fall 2017 Season. I enjoyed what I read in Volume 1 and decided to hold off to watch the anime. From beginning to end, I was hooked. Every week, I would look up many review and reaction videos to see how people felt about the many events that happen in the story. What has driven this personal sensation? It mainly comes from Inuyashiki’s premise surrounding the story of two humans becoming robots.

One character is an old man who strives to be a selfless hero. The other is a selfish teenager who decides to use his powers for killing. Both characters share different ideals on how they use their powers, creating a refreshing rivalry that I personally think is nearly intriguing as the rivalry of Light/L in Death Note. Inuyashiki does an excellent job at emotionally grabbing me, and the chaos that results with these characters’ actions grow more intense as episodes roll by. The premise is executed in a way that feels grounded in reality and leaves me questioning different sides of morality. It’s a simple what-if story that is consistently entertaining.

The only complaint that I have with this anime is the middle section, where Hiro decides to help people. I felt those moments felt out of place for Hiro and it almost ruined his terrifying presence as a character. I wished they had kept that part of his character arc very brief, and spent a little more time polishing the finale. I felt the finale was pretty great, but it felt rushed in terms of span of events between Inuyashiki developing a strong relationship with his family and gramps stopping the asteroid. The CG elements and the lack of explanation/origins of robot powers did not really bother me.

Overall, I thought Inuyashiki was super great and refreshing. It was a little rough in a few episodes, but still managed to emotionally capture me the whole way through.
Dec 21, 2017 1:19 PM

Oct 2012
Not even Donald Trump could make this dumpster fire of a show great again.

4/10
Dec 21, 2017 1:24 PM

Jan 2013
revengerofdeath said:
Farabeuf said:
Lmao I actually think the voice actors in this anime are just weird. I know it's supposed that they speak everyday life Japanese but the voice of Inuyashiki triggers me for some reason.
Dec 21, 2017 1:28 PM
Apr 2016
Klad said:
revengerofdeath said:
Lmao I actually think the voice actors in this anime are just weird. I know it's supposed that they speak everyday life Japanese but the voice of Inuyashiki triggers me for some reason.

Š”uz he is normal? I get triggered at the voice actors of Western origin trying to voice Japanese females. I guess we are in the same boat. Inuyashiki is great though.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2017

381 by TokyoGhoulRemake »»
Apr 18, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

159 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2017

330 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2017

392 by TokyoGhoulRemake »»
Apr 17, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

178 by Softhenic03 »»
Feb 18, 6:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.