Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 18, 2017 5:39 PM

Oct 2012
Rodielx said:
Kitsu-nee said:
I was thinking the same thing (about using fake names) at first, but even her nickname in the chatroom IS "Jasmine" so it seems kinda pointless o_o

Well yeah true but they don't know that xD. Or maybe it is her true name as Matsurika means something like Jasmine in japanese, BUT is she japanese? maybe she is? I guess we'll never know why he called her that then u_u.

Murasa22 said:
Please stop with the cancerous flaming here..just say what do you think about the episode and leave..

You can clearly see that everytime this shit starts is because of some butthurt VN kid that can't accept how different media works. Yeah the VN is better we all know that but the anime still stands as a standalone show so stop with this dumbshit comparison, we don't need this here.

God..MAL really pisses me off sometimes

What most people here, including myself, are bitter about is that the anime could have been so much better, that it had so much potential as a story to make into an anime, but the studio just couldn't make a good adaptation and instead made someting that imo is pretty meh even as a standalone. That there are many VN adaptations that were masterpieces and we can compare their animes with their VNs and say they were almost the same or even better, and Rewrite's should have been one of them, but it just wasn't and so everyone rages. But anyway if you think it's good then don't let anyone bother you and just go say you loved it, you're opinion should be respected because everyone is different, ignore anyone that doesn't.

Certainly the anime could've been better, however, its even moreso with Moon/TERRA. Both of these are linear routes, and thus, should've been much easier to adapt than the material used from the first season. Did they do a bad job? I wouldn't go that far. I think Rewrite S2 is a decent adaption, but Its not really a good one. Its not even a pacing issue as much of an issue of direction. They spent too much time on the more mundane parts, and glossed over the important ones. Also whoever is responsible for directing this mess wouldn't know an emotional impact if it hit him with a truck.
Mar 18, 2017 6:35 PM

Aug 2015
That Kotarou vs Esaka fight went by in a flash. I expected more.
Mar 18, 2017 7:15 PM

Dec 2015
Wow, this episode was complete shit. Not because of Kotori. It was just, plain bad.

9/10 > 6/10
Mar 18, 2017 7:27 PM
Feb 2017
7jaws7 said:
Well after that Kotori has no where left to go now. Nice job, MC-kun!

The true is that Kotori lost her place in the world the moment her parents died. She was obsessive with the idea of resurrecting them, and that is why she served for the Key thinking that one day they would be normal again, but that was only illusion because resurrection is something impossible.

Kotarou realized that early in the story and that is why he pushed her so hard to run away and have a normal life, but she was being stuborn, so the only choice left was to eliminate her parents.
Mar 18, 2017 7:30 PM

Feb 2012
Damn the parts where it shows what choice he picks from go by so fast I don't have a choice to read options. Minor nit pick but super annoying imo.

Kotorou just murdered everyone this episode wow. I feel bad for Kotori she can't catch a break these past 2 episodes. Kinda feels like we are approaching a bad end I don't know how things are going to finish differently then last time with how things are going.
Mar 18, 2017 7:30 PM
Mar 2008
They rushed so many fights and deaths in this episode. Such a shame when this could be a great show if they had 12-13 episodes instead of just 11.

Did they run out of money or something?
Mar 18, 2017 7:46 PM

Jul 2014
Time to rush I guess.

Shizuru & Lucia were cutes.

Esaka is dead and what, that's it?
Mar 18, 2017 8:13 PM
Aug 2013
OtakuOne said:
Wow, this episode was complete shit. Not because of Kotori. It was just, plain bad.

9/10 > 6/10

What was so good before that kept that score on 9? lol. Agree about the episode anyway, but Rewrite still my favorite story.
Mar 18, 2017 8:43 PM

Dec 2013
Fight against Esaka felt really rushed which is really disappointing considering that we was my favourite character in this series.

Rest of the episode was great. Loved how ruthless Kotarou was.

I felt so bad for Kotori here
Mar 19, 2017 12:17 AM
Feb 2008
Just ignore this and next episode and watch this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g1rHXrri9Q
Mar 19, 2017 12:22 AM

Sep 2011
Skurd said:
They rushed so many fights and deaths in this episode. Such a shame when this could be a great show if they had 12-13 episodes instead of just 11.

Did they run out of money or something?

Given that shit tier and weak BD sales of season 1, I guess it's not surprising if they run out of money.

Mar 19, 2017 3:33 AM

Aug 2016
Best part of the episode were the kotori faces.

I hoped that the Esaka vs. Kotarou fight would've been given more time(and animation, holy shit those still images were horrendous).

I don't quite remember Kotarou's thoughts on the final part in the fight where the choice was "give up", but as you see he used his blood powers to impale Esaka. I wished they showed his thoughts in that moment like they did in the VN even though the fight in the anime was fast-paced.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Mar 19, 2017 3:42 AM

May 2014
EDIT: Never mind! It seems like my goto anime streamer messed up and duplicated episode 7 into episode 8 as well.

Why are people discussing episode 11 on the episode 10 thread?

Or rather, what is wrong with the episode numbering on MAL? The 11th episode aired today, there should be a 12th episode next week. Why does the number of episodes say 11? When I press the plus button nothing happens.
Kapten-NMar 19, 2017 3:45 AM
Mar 19, 2017 7:44 AM

Feb 2014
I'm a bit surprised to see this discussion thread become slightly toxic. It reminds me of certain discussions threads when ufotable's Fate Stay/Night was airing. =/

Anyway, this episode sure got very bloody and brutal, but partially thanks to the fast pacing, it did lack some impact. The exception for me was when Kotarou shot Kotori's parents and called her a nuisance. I felt sorry for Kotori right there. D=

The fight between Kotarou and Esaka could've been improved if they put in a lot more effort into the animation. It' almost down to Hand Shakers level of half-baked effort honestly. -__-

It was still a good episode, but the pacing and animation budget woes did disappoint me a bit. Here's hoping that next week's finale is much better in both pacing and animation. =)
Mar 19, 2017 8:51 AM

Dec 2011
Cool episode boi~~~
Mar 19, 2017 10:20 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Felt pretty bad for Esaka-san and Kotori :(
Mar 19, 2017 11:59 AM

Oct 2011
Poor kotori. whoa damn the finle us coming
Mar 19, 2017 12:03 PM

Mar 2017
I think now I'm sure it really feels extremely rushed, and poor Kotori really treated like shit here.
Mar 19, 2017 1:44 PM

Dec 2014
finally all the main heroines make appearance.... one episode to go...
Mar 19, 2017 3:34 PM

Aug 2014
What the hell was this? EP 1-9 were pretty solid, but then we went back to an insanely rushed episode :(

That is not to forget how the fight I was the most hyped for, Esaka vs Kotarou, was over in an instant and did not even feel remotely as amazing or emotionally powerful as in the VN. It went by soooo quickly, I just couldn't even follow it. Ahhh what a shame, this is the most crucial part, so for it to be so rushed is saddening to see...
Mar 19, 2017 5:47 PM

Mar 2009
I understand why Kotarou did what he did, but damn, he's been so harsh to Kotori. The past couple of episodes too. Poor Kotori. She has no one.
Mar 19, 2017 9:36 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kotarou went full savage mode and made Kotori get real furious. A sweet little girl can get this scary when she's mad. Felt bad for her but well that's how life is at times.

Loli Shizuru and Lucia, finally they are shown. I thought Lucia would have longer hair.
Ok episode imo.

Mar 20, 2017 1:00 PM

Sep 2013
The kill rate of Kotarou surpassed Rambo's.........

The rage and the facial expressions of Kotori got to me. The savage treatment by Kotarou, even for her sake, was quite brutal. If only he smirked and said that 'we' had a baby in alt. timeline to Kotori's curses...........had to be a sight to behold...XP
Mar 20, 2017 7:23 PM

Jun 2013
When people start getting killed left and right, you know the intent is to shock/stir up the emotions of the audience.

I feel nothing. Not a good sign.
Mar 20, 2017 9:46 PM

Sep 2011
Meta_Yoshi said:
I'm a bit surprised to see this discussion thread become slightly toxic. It reminds me of certain discussions threads when ufotable's Fate Stay/Night was airing. =/

It's always been toxic since season 1. Or rather, the toxicity is greater on season 1.

Mar 21, 2017 5:08 AM

Apr 2015
Tennouji said:
Meta_Yoshi said:

It's always been toxic since season 1. Or rather, the toxicity is greater on season 1.

And that's a problem... why exactly? Season 1 is a betrayal. Season 2 is way better, but it's still nothing worth remembering.
Mar 21, 2017 10:54 PM

Oct 2016
I hate Kotarou. That being said, is feecof ready yet?
Mar 23, 2017 9:47 AM

Jul 2008
Ok, so I know Kotarou is just trying to get Kotori to go and have a normal life, BUT.... WHERE IS SHE SUPPOSED TO GO? I am legitimately wondering here. Her parents are DEAD and I don't see her, as child, being able to get a job and pay the bills. Kotarou never offers to at least let her stay at his place or find a place for her to stay. Heck, he never even tells her to go the the orphanage! So WHERE exactly is she supposed to go?
Mar 23, 2017 2:22 PM

Jun 2013
GreenTea13 said:
Ok, so I know Kotarou is just trying to get Kotori to go and have a normal life, BUT.... WHERE IS SHE SUPPOSED TO GO? I am legitimately wondering here. Her parents are DEAD and I don't see her, as child, being able to get a job and pay the bills. Kotarou never offers to at least let her stay at his place or find a place for her to stay. Heck, he never even tells her to go the the orphanage! So WHERE exactly is she supposed to go?

Don't worry about that, you'll see in the next episode
Mar 23, 2017 4:08 PM
Aug 2013
GreenTea13 said:

Yeah you'll see next episode, but, even if next episode didn't happen she is still waaaay better hiding in her house crying until some children welfare organization finds her than clinging to Kotarou and getting herself killed, btw the probability of that happening if she followed him is high, even certain, as this is the "perfect" route, nothing happens without reason.
Mar 24, 2017 4:23 AM
Mar 2012
Rodielx said:
GreenTea13 said:

Yeah you'll see next episode, but, even if next episode didn't happen she is still waaaay better hiding in her house crying until some children welfare organization finds her than clinging to Kotarou and getting herself killed, btw the probability of that happening if she followed him is high, even certain, as this is the "perfect" route, nothing happens without reason.

Im waiting for the answer too. Kotarou killing her monsters might be the right choice, but really mean as he's been toward Kotori. He's playing the enemy to every group & person to save the planet, that's not really keeping the weak "ties" he mentioned last episode. Didn't expect him to kill everyone escalating the war, and his plan isn't clear yet but Jasmine & Kagari apparently know.
Is Jasmine or a lookalike in the choir?
Lucia no more hand poison? Arata at least funny.
Javelin & Esaka fight was good but short, also unclear what the blood as oil does, or why he wraps his fist in blood when a sword is better.
Mar 25, 2017 2:13 AM

Oct 2008
looks like they do every thing in rush
Loli Shizuru & Loli Lucia showed-up.
Tennouji as a double assassin was cool!
only thing that I didn't like was how harsh Tennouji treated Kotori...
His last fight with Esaka-san was very difficult, and last resort was blood control...that was cool!
1 more to go.
4/5.

Mar 27, 2017 11:19 AM
Jul 2013
G-trys_C-lock said:

^^^ What the hell is this bullshit?

Isn't it supposed to be like this?

VN's art is trash anyways lol :-p

So stop that, grandpa, this is a anime discussion

VN art is shit ^_^
Mar 27, 2017 11:33 AM
Jul 2013
Badass Kotarou, badass episode 5/5

Inb4 grandpa will start his autism to me again, guess what, VN's art still sucks
Apr 6, 2017 10:16 AM

Jan 2014
this episode is kinda rushed.

why did he has to kill Kotori parents? she's lonely, you know.
why, just why...
Kotori is a lonely girl and Kotarou is just makes things worst by killing her parents.
I feel really bad for Kotori.
it's like Kotarou force his savage life to another person, and a little girl for much worse.
Apr 10, 2017 12:42 AM

Dec 2010
A lot of backstabbing from Kotarou.
Really sad though how he treats Kotori recently...
Poor Kotori, she didn't do anything wrong... Just wanted to be with her family again
Apr 11, 2017 1:39 PM

Aug 2009
FUCK, the Kotori scene killed me. Jesus Christ, that was incredibly heartbreaking. I remember it being terribly sad in the VN, but this was just... wow. The anime even handled it, dare I say it, better. I think that's mostly because of the better choice of music when compared to the VN (even though I love Soft Windflower/Nirinsou) and the fact that we get to see Kotori's intense facial expressions. Saito Chiwa's voice acting was also amazing, as usual. I'm glad her performance didn't get dragged down by the anime's overall mediocre quality.

That great scene aside, I didn't feel like this episode was very rushed or anything, but it's been almost two years since I've played Rewrite, so I don't remember everything clearly from the VN anymore. I thought the pacing was fairly fast, in a good way.
The Esaka "fight" scene was horrible though lol. Thank god I heard about that before watching the Terra route, so my expectations were already incredibly low for it anyway.

4/5 for this episode. I'm really wondering how they're going to wrap this up.
Apr 11, 2017 2:34 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Esaka's fight lacked emotion and impact, not even one man's tear for your former mentor Kotarou?! It was so much more memorable in the VN.

T_T

But Lucia cameo made this a 11/10 for me! Always hated the fact they ignored her on Terra's.
Apr 11, 2017 7:40 PM

Jan 2013
Wtf Kotarou? You made Kotori cry gain...wtf :(
Shizuru was so cute omg :3 hahaha
One more episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 24, 2017 8:37 PM

Jul 2014
Kawaii little kids, inb4 pedobear. Kotarou pulling out the stops, even getting rid of Kotori (really...) and Esaka.
May 26, 2017 8:51 PM

May 2012
Quite great development, really looking forward to see what the last episode of this season has to offer!
Jun 19, 2017 2:42 AM

Mar 2015
It's all coming together and falling apart, in true double-agent double traitor style!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 22, 2017 6:13 AM
Apr 2014
Did he have to be so cruel to save Kotori? D: As if killing her "parents" wasn't enough to stop her from following him. This definitely wasn't nice.

I'm also starting to wonder how this chain of events is any different than the first season. There might have been a few different events but apparently it still ends in a war between those two factions. And after saying he cannot just kill all of them in a previous episode that is exactly what has been going on the entire time. He doesn't resolve any dispute like he wanted to...
Oct 28, 2018 2:39 PM

Oct 2012
Well, there you have it and it the most ridiculous way...

Kagari: Let's find good memories.
Kotarou: Okay, I'll be ass to everyone who likes me, betray them, mercifully kill them and force my twisted vengeance onto everyone else.

This is pure hypocrisy, and the reason why I hated the game so much was also thanks to this arc. And the worst thing is he didn't even make anything of all those lives he ruthlessly taken... even Kotori's parents. The anime isn't really different from the game in this regard, in fact it's probabaly even worse in showing all this.

The similar sense of hypocrisy was applied to Lucia's route as well because she literally killed thousands too without any real conseqences and implications in her end, that only shows how the writing is stilted and lacking any moral idea, something that should be learned from all this, there is simply nothing.

So tell me, how can anyone get any sympathy towards Kotarou right now? He's like the worst being on the Earth (and even worse, in the game this was the story told from protagonist-yours perspective).

1/10 for the episode due to Kotarou's behavior.
Apr 29, 2020 10:31 PM

Feb 2018
Koutarou is so cool, loli Lucia
Sep 1, 2021 5:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
WTF Kotarou ???? xD, that's harsh.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

182 by White_Alice »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

115 by phantomic109 »»
Jun 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

110 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

154 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.