Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 6, 2016 11:14 PM

Nov 2012
rikuxbits said:
my favorite scene in the entire episode tbh:

smooth af.

haha agreed, i loved this part!

so glad karasuno won the match <3
Feb 6, 2016 11:40 PM

Aug 2009
SasukeUchiha said:
why do people like this show so much?
it has a score of 8.88 like wtf..

Realistic and likable characters with nice character development, great story, amazing OSTs, lovely and fluid animations, superb humor. Its solid. It accomplishes everything it's trying to achieve. It produces happy emotions, most people feel good after watching an episode or two. It's an amazing anime and manga really.

This episode was great 5/5
Knew they would win, but it was still very intense!
lovexLuffyFeb 11, 2016 9:08 AM

Feb 7, 2016 1:17 AM

Dec 2013
Damn that was awesome! Chikara is my favourite in this show! I kind of hope they make this show a year later when the third years leave and have new first years just to see how it would go
Feb 7, 2016 2:12 AM

Jan 2011
Suga punching Daichi was lol, and Yachi's face afterwards.
Feb 7, 2016 2:58 AM

Oct 2015
AnimeFan500 said:
ENNOSHITA T____________T CONGRATS TWT

DAICHI OMG AHHHH TwT So happy
AiraKT said:
I never knew I could be so freaking proud of fictional characters, but here I am, just radiating pride for Shouyou and Ennoshita. God, those two just made my week!
Now only Tadashi has to succeed and I kinda have a feeling, that it will happen next match. I really hope so, he deserves to be successfull so damn much!

But now I'm really forward to the next match and seeing the wonderful adorable Aone in action again <3

Yep watching this show always makes me happy and lifts up my spirits. Good going Ennoshita. Hinata's spike was nice.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Feb 7, 2016 3:02 AM

Jul 2014
Shigs said:
I hope they show a lot of the match in the next episode.. Those two teams are really up there!!! I'm pumped, what a great episode.
This! The only way this show doesn't follow the trend of one-upping itself every week is if they don't show enough of the game next episode.

SasukeUchiha said:
Because it's amazing
Feb 7, 2016 3:02 AM

Mar 2012
Haikyuu continues to excel with its execution throughout the episode. While the focus was initially on Ennoshita (and booy was that development great), we still got a good mix of the characters, especially Hinata. Karasuno is the embodiment of a team with great chemistry.

rikuxbits said:

smooth af.

dammnn Hinata's learning so well

That was just pure magnificence. Ukai with the clutch bench save too. ^^
Feb 7, 2016 5:04 AM
Jan 2016
amazing Episode !!!! I loved everything about this episode !! <3
Feb 7, 2016 5:10 AM

Jan 2013
My only problem with this whole Ennoshita thing is, that he was only officially introduced few episodes earlier and now the author is pretending to make him a key player for the team, they even suggested him to be the next captain in a random flashback. But other than that, nice development
Feb 7, 2016 6:33 AM

Mar 2013
lmao what a surprise, Daichi sat out for 10 minutes and is now back in time for the next game, this drama was a dumb waste of all our times just like I said.

Bokuto's school uniform is cute though, like all of Bokuto.

Looks like the next ep's gonna have way too much Oikawa, blegh... Probably just gonna skip to the end and see who wins lol. I love myself too much to suffer through any scene that piece of trash is in.
straggyFeb 7, 2016 6:40 AM
Feb 7, 2016 6:40 AM

Mar 2013
SasukeUchiha said:

It's the sequel effect. Basically everyone that didn't like season 1 and actually made sure the score got every opinion counted towards it didn't bother to watch season 2. The lowest scores now are just people that think it's watchable, rather people that think it's bad, which bumps up the average. You basically shouldn't pay attention to sequel scores as a result lol - unless season 2 is just that drastically different to the first season, the real opinion about the show is season 1's score.

I mean, season 1 still got 8.68, but that's more like an average for one of these high school sports animes people go crazy for. This show definitely isn't as good as Hajime no Ippo for example, whose season 1 has a score of 8.85.
Feb 7, 2016 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
Next ep will be pumping.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 7, 2016 9:13 AM

Aug 2014
Quite the match, Ennoshita saving it at the end was really intense and amazing to see, loved the OST that played there. Looking forward to Date vs Seijoh! Having a hard time saying who I prefer to win >.>
Feb 7, 2016 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode, but too much crying at the end.

Also wtf is up with the scoreboard?! I was looking at it for ages trying to figure out how they score it. It's supposed to be first to 25 points wins a set, and the match is best of 5 sets. It was showing first that the other team had won 3 sets already, then it showed Karasuno had 3 sets, and they were still playing. I don't really get it. They don't really explain the score or even take much notice of it in this anime. And I still don't quite understand Haikyuu's rating on this site, especially as compared with Baby Steps. That said, I still enjoyed the episode. Exciting match when I wasn't distracted by the score-board issue.
Feb 7, 2016 10:26 AM
Oct 2015
rasenshiruken973 said:

Also wtf is up with the scoreboard?! I was looking at it for ages trying to figure out how they score it. It's supposed to be first to 25 points wins a set, and the match is best of 5 sets. It was showing first that the other team had won 3 sets already, then it showed Karasuno had 3 sets, and they were still playing. I don't really get it. They don't really explain the score or even take much notice of it in this anime. And I still don't quite understand Haikyuu's rating on this site, especially as compared with Baby Steps. That said, I still enjoyed the episode. Exciting match when I wasn't distracted by the score-board issue.

25 points = 1 set
Win 2 of 3 sets = VICTORY

First Set Karasuno (Won) 25-20 Wakunan
Second Wakunan (Won) 25-20 Karasuno
Third Karasuno (Won) 25-23 Wakunan
kohinasukiFeb 7, 2016 10:40 AM
Feb 7, 2016 10:51 AM
Aug 2014
can anyone give me a link to the song that starts playing at ~6:20 in this episode pls?
Feb 7, 2016 11:23 AM

Dec 2012
Wow. Hinata is incredible ! All the fights with Kageyama were so cool :D.

I'm looking forward to see again Ennoshita. He was very good in this match, I love how all the teams accepted his plan. Awesome episode as usual in Haikyuu
Feb 7, 2016 12:11 PM

Aug 2013
kohinasuki said:
rasenshiruken973 said:

25 points = 1 set
Win 2 of 3 sets = VICTORY

First Set Karasuno (Won) 25-20 Wakunan
Second Wakunan (Won) 25-20 Karasuno
Third Karasuno (Won) 25-23 Wakunan

So it's best of 3? Then what was the "3" in the yellow score? I thought that indicated the score in sets. It was already at 3 and they hadn't finished playing. It didn't say "1-1" and then the points score for the current game. I wish I knew how to put a screen shot from the episode so I'd show you what I mean.
Feb 7, 2016 1:02 PM

Feb 2012
rasenshiruken973 said:
So it's best of 3? Then what was the "3" in the yellow score? I thought that indicated the score in sets. It was already at 3 and they hadn't finished playing. It didn't say "1-1" and then the points score for the current game. I wish I knew how to put a screen shot from the episode so I'd show you what I mean.

The "3" meant it was the third set.

During the first set there is a "1" in yellow, in the second set a "2" and in te third set a "3".
Feb 7, 2016 1:18 PM

Feb 2015
Good episode. Ennoshita did well! Hype for Oikawa though.
Feb 7, 2016 2:31 PM

May 2008
i hope this season doesn't end with them losing again like last season !
Feb 7, 2016 3:33 PM

Jun 2015
Ahmer said:
i hope this season doesn't end with them losing again like last season !

They probably won't lol *I Think
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 7, 2016 9:16 PM

Nov 2014
That was great end to a match. Well played Karasono.
I can't wait to see them play against Aoba Josai, the fight between setters :)
Feb 8, 2016 7:01 AM

Aug 2015
FatefulLove said:
The line: " A good jumps starts from a good footing" just resonated so vibrantly throughout the recent episodes, it's just such a "feel good" moment, this was simply awesome!

+11111

Ennoshita was above all my expectations this episode!
He was just amazing :') <3
Ara Ara~
Feb 8, 2016 11:28 AM

Mar 2015
I was so excited to see Ennoshita shine. I've been waiting for these chapters to be animated because Ennoshita is legit one of my favorites. I feel like he is very... realistic? His whole backstory... his personality, it isn't too over the top. It just... is what many people feel in regards to life getting too harsh. It broke seeing him, Yamaguichi, and Takeru cry at the end. D:

Also, Suga's love punches for Daichi. ~ <3

On to the next match!
Feb 8, 2016 6:42 PM
Oct 2013
Coldblade said:
TokyoCrazyPXD said:

Agreed!!!! 10's across the board for that one!!!! That was slick as hell XD
So proud of Hinata

Poor sensei though.

Lol if Sensei must be sacrificed to save the ball then so be it. That, along with his inciteful speeches, are his contributions!
5/5 for the episode
5/5 for that scene XD simply priceless
Feb 8, 2016 7:10 PM

Feb 2016
aaa the last episode was rly great :)
i'm rly excited for the next one tho!!
Feb 8, 2016 8:12 PM

Jul 2012
I was really happy when Karasuno won, but the very next second, I was sad for Wakunun. This show is so good with making you feel for the opposing team.

Ennoshita came in clutch at the end! Hopefully Yamaguchi will follow suit in their next match.

I don't see Seijou losing this match against Date Tech, so it looks like Karasuno vs Seijou to end the season again. Hopefully we don't get a heartbreaker this time around and Karasuno pulls it out in an epic game :)
Feb 8, 2016 9:01 PM
Feb 2016
rikuxbits said:

smooth af.

dammnn Hinata's learning so well
'

haha ukai picking up the whole entire bench though
Feb 9, 2016 2:53 PM

Mar 2008
Akaash is a beautiful human being oh my god
Feb 9, 2016 11:21 PM

Dec 2012
Ennoshita delivered lol
Feb 11, 2016 5:16 AM

Nov 2011
Episode full of suspense, and also very addictive; I was so taken that for every little mistake of Karasuno went on a rampage. Interesting evolution that has suffered the Karasuno during the accident Daichi, but also interesting skill Nakashima Takeru. Funny gags during and after the game.
Mar 9, 2016 4:16 AM

May 2010
Damn, Hinata and Chikara were awesome this episode! One of my favorite matches, definitely

I really dig that Chikara is going to be the next captain yet this is going to be his last match as a regular+captain for a while. At the same time, I feel conflicted 'cause Daichi is a great captain, too, and I don't want him to graduate along with the other seniors... gah
TragicRomanceMar 9, 2016 4:21 AM
Mar 19, 2016 2:24 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode as usual, nicely paced game.
Mar 20, 2016 10:35 AM

Jun 2015
HYPEEEE!

What a great win, I'm so happy for Ennoshita!!

But at the same time I can't stop feeling bad other teams.. :(
Apr 15, 2016 2:08 AM

Mar 2014
Little Giant's Duel ~ !! Don't lose 'shrimpy' !!
Making a comeback is tough but we got now choice but to do that ~ .
YOOSSSHHAAA !! Ennoshita-san !! you got it alright !!
"Plays like that gives you Confidence." Darou ~ .. I want to see more !!
VERY GREAT EPISODE !!! In the end, They didn't lose their foundation after all .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2016 6:28 AM

Oct 2009
Ahhh !! Good as usual.
Apr 23, 2016 11:38 PM

Mar 2012
A bit corny with all the cheering up but good match.
May 13, 2016 10:50 AM

Feb 2016
okay pretty much events happening in this one. hinata had his 'little giant' rival and ennoshita had to prove himself as a capable subsitute for sawamura. karasuno as a whole developed actually too with that incident regarding sawamura. everyone had to consider that loss and to react in a proper manner. because of that situation everyone was more concentrated with a sharper intuition than ever. this can be seen as an important experience for karasuno.
Jul 26, 2016 5:35 PM
Feb 2016
I love how Haikyuu!! always makes its audience conflicted about which team they wants to root for. We all know we're supposed to be rooting for Karasuno, but we still kind of want to see the other team win as well (or is that just me?).
Nov 21, 2016 3:23 AM
Aug 2007
I mean, I get it that the audience wants to see the main characters do awesome things all the time, but why couldn't the coach have substituted Yamaguchi on easier matches and given him opportunities to try hit his pinch serve in less pressured situations?

It's such a simple thing that happens in all sports. Give the inexperienced players a chance in moments that don't matter too much.

They don't do enough rotation of the squad I feel.. even Ennoshita was all flustered when he came on.
Dec 19, 2016 12:47 PM

Feb 2015
kawaii-despair said:
This episode started great, with two of hq!!'s beauties

oikawa's comeback was just awesome.

geralt said:
The music was on point, though and Nishinoya's "nice receive" was sexy as hell.

-__________________-

straggy said:
lmao what a surprise, Daichi sat out for 10 minutes and is now back in time for the next game, this drama was a dumb waste of all our times just like I said.

yeah i have to admit that was just a tad bit dumb.

Looks like the next ep's gonna have way too much Oikawa, blegh... Probably just gonna skip to the end and see who wins lol. I love myself too much to suffer through any scene that piece of trash is in.

how exactly? oikawa is probably the most contained out of all the cast.
------------------
ok...confused about why there was 3 rounds...when karasuno lost the second round i was confused about why they weren't looking that sad and it wasn't even the middle of the ep lol.

the episode felt too long to me, and i along with everyone knew they were going to win so this ep was men imo.

ooooooh, so they are going to watch oikawa's match next ep? count me in.
Feb 8, 2017 4:18 PM

Dec 2016
The conversation between Daichi and Ennoshita at the end was so sweet :)
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 10, 2017 7:55 PM

Aug 2016
Never knew there was someone else who wanted to be The Little Giant

Set by SenpieX
Apr 29, 2017 5:46 AM

Apr 2015
Great episode! Glad Ennoshita didn't give up. I laughed at their reaction when they saw Daichi again. Plus the four dorks stuffing their face with food tho they're too cute asdfghjkl

Oikawa next episode please--

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 20, 2017 6:48 AM

Jan 2013
Keep on dreaming Wakunan boy but the new Little Giant is already here. ;) sorry I just had to

Good job boys! *clap clap*

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Oct 15, 2017 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
So awesome seeing the coach quickly pull the bench away, it may be a small thing but that really felt a huge deal to me ^^

I really dont think Dateko is going to win from Oikawa though.
Jan 29, 2018 6:28 AM

Nov 2017
That episode title was so misleading! Since it's titled "The Losers", and since Daichi couldn't play, I was soooo worried they were gonna lose. Really glad they won, though! :D And I'm glad Daichi is okay after all. :)
Oct 24, 2018 6:01 AM

Jun 2016
This episode was honestly one of my favorites. It was exhilarating until the very end. What made it so was how it had both all the training coming together and Ennoshita's character arc and acceptance of the fight. Ennoshita making a gameplan for countering the wipes and achieving it while Hinata showed off his Bokuto learned rebound has to be one of my favorite points in the entire anime. MOI KAI!!!! We also had the dive they mastered from the punishment game of losing in practice camp so much. It was awesome the whole way through. Even the other team was great, they had a good synergy going, "you'd look really cool if you hit that", and Takeru had his whole family cheering for him!

Even without Daichi, Ennoshita proved that one day he'll make an unexpected but great captain. Another highlight of the episode was when he calmed Hinata down by reminding him, "HINATA, A GOOD JUMP..." "STARTS FROM GOOD FOOTING!!". That bit really actually made my eyes water.

Perhaps characters like Asahi and Noya's character arcs are done which is a shame since they're far less important this time around, same with many others, but at least season 2 is giving the development to those who never got it before. Ennoshita, Tsukki, Yamaguchi, and the noob Yachi. :) All while still keeping Hinata and Kageyama going of course.
Aug 27, 2019 10:20 AM
Jul 2014
the title is deceiving lol YAY I'm glad Ennoshita held his own in the end but I'm not sure I really understand his bitter feelins toward himself even after they won...

I glad and so relieved that Sawamura is okay and all is well there. I'm glad Yamaguchi knows what he did wrong and it looks like he's resolved to improve!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

301 by ANormalUser »»
Sep 18, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

145 by Loockl »»
Sep 8, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

130 by Loockl »»
Sep 8, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

174 by Loockl »»
Sep 8, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

255 by selasgamer »»
Aug 28, 2:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.