Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Oct 16, 2014 5:08 PM

Nov 2013
As someone who hasn't played the original source, I'd say this anime was okay. I could have liked to see all of them die at the end after that big door at the end opened. Meh.
Nov 6, 2014 12:44 PM

Apr 2014
Gippy said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

1. This wasn't faithful at all. // 2. This adaptation omitted several very important things from the game.

It was faithful. Having completed the game and soaking in all the free time conversations, most of which were frivolous, I can attest to that. In fact, I watched this right after completing the game and was impressed that the core story and developments remained intact.

By the way, replying multiple times in a row in a rabid attempt to bash the anime won't get anyone on your side. There's something called an edit button.

I have done the same.

This adaptation wasn't faithful. The original games encouraged it's audience to figure out who committed the crimes.

The anime did not, which is a pretty major difference, to say the least.

Nov 6, 2014 12:45 PM

Apr 2014
HandsomeMan said:
As someone who hasn't played the original source, I'd say this anime was okay. I could have liked to see all of them die at the end after that big door at the end opened. Meh.

Honestly, I think that would've made the anime/game pretty pointless, in the grand scheme of things.

Jan 12, 2015 1:13 AM

Jul 2007
Story for this show was pretty good but characterization feel pretty flat, and without it i didn't care when many of the characters died. Sadly the amount of content just fell at kinda an odd amount. Pure story fit in 13 episodes but it didn't leave room for character development, and if they had gone to 24 episodes it would have been more than needed and the pacing probably would have dropped to much. Sadly they can't really do something like 17-18 episodes. I'm assuming that the game had more characterization based on how popular it seems to be.

It was still a solid 7/10 should but it could have been an 8-9 if it had made me care about the characters a little more.
Jan 24, 2015 10:33 AM

Oct 2013
Enoshima was classy af with glasses, and the i'm kind of surprised that she was the mastermind, the series was okay nothing special and I really want to see the outside world so bad

Overall score 7/10, wouldn't mind for a 2nd season
Feb 14, 2015 10:13 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
even if i didnt expect a lot from this ... that was ... ok.
should have waaay more peisode than 13 and sometimes the cases was pretty lame and obvious thinking ''look at this i'm pretty sure its gonna be him/her''
''lol called it. bye''

the ending was surprising tho (you know, that blonde girl being the mastermind behind this.), so there's that.

6/10

(''Horror'', lol.)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 28, 2015 7:17 PM

Nov 2014
Damn Junko gave herself the ultimate punishment at the end, that was crazy. O_O Junko is like so psychotic and crazy, but she had her adorable moments LOL. :3

I'm so glad they got out though, and Asahina survived. <3

I really enjoyed this a lot, the characters were awesome, the cases were interesting, the mystery of it all and the suspense to see who was gonna die and who was gonna survive was great. Loved it.
May 2, 2015 2:14 PM

Feb 2015
Well... the game is better but the anime was alright.

A second season would be nice though.
Sep 5, 2015 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
Epic! Loved the ending,never expected this anime to be so good,i enjoyed it so much.
Will rate it 8 or 9 of 10 :D
Hope to se a sequel or a prequel.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 23, 2015 7:15 AM

Dec 2008
Terrible...utterly...waste of my time. Here I had long been looking forward to this show, and yet...despair lol. A buncha anime archetypes that lead to truly predictable plot points and the lamest story epilogue. I would have gone one of two routes that would have lead to a superior ending, with a sequence and everything. But that was just terrible. So the true moral of the story is: if some busty, hawt, supposedly smart bimbo isnt getting laid enough, aka "dicked down" and loved by all, the world ends.... *sighs* This show gets a 5/10 at best, rounded up. I dont even care about a 2nd season after that mess.
Nov 10, 2015 8:23 PM

Apr 2014
Well this was good isn't it.
I like Junko (real) melons, but hate her personality lol.
Out of 16, 6 got out alive...and the world is already a mess.
Kind of like Celestia too, but she is now dead.
Still a bit confuse, but it's all good I guess.
8/10
Nov 11, 2015 2:26 PM

Feb 2015
Rushed with barely any character development 4/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2015 2:33 AM
Aug 2011
I rewatched this a couple of days ago. Don't ask why... not one of my finest moments.
It's as terrible as I remember.

That Usami at the end, if you are ever "going to see us soon" then it better fucking be in an adaptation that spans no less than 26 episodes.
Admittedly I would sell my soul for more Komaeda in any way shape or form, but still.
Feb 2, 2016 7:00 PM
Aug 2014
Great ending. Junko's death was definitely deserved, but I couldn't help but feel a little bad for her when she said she wanted to feel despair. Kirigiri was definitely the best character, but Naegi was one of the better MCs I've seen.

Despite the flaws of this anime, I think I'm still going to add it to my favorites list.
Feb 15, 2016 8:24 AM

Jan 2011
I have recently watched someone play the game, and, sure, the game is better, but I don't think the anime adaptation is bad. I have seen a bunch of really bad adaptations, but this isn't one of them.
If you ask me, the DR characters are as flat as a pancake no matter the media, so I didn't really mind them omitting lots of so-called character development. I didn't really like any of the characters to begin with. Also, since I am not a big fan of mystery anime that drag on for too long, having you just sit there like "Come on, I know what happened already, get it over with!", the fast pace of the anime was totally fine with me.
I think I did enjoy this anime enough to warrant it a 6.5/10, but since that score doesn't exist, I'm gonna be nice and say 7/10.

Now, as for DR2, that's a different thing.
I know it's not getting an anime adaptation, but I really like that game. Both the characters and mysteries were SO much better! It's not like I'm crushing on Gundham and Nagito or anything.
CaramellNekoFeb 15, 2016 8:50 AM
-content has been filtered for the use of inappropriate words or phrases-
Feb 27, 2016 8:24 PM

Dec 2014
Damn the series was too epic the last part was astonishing as well . I just hope they also make season 2 of the game
Mar 13, 2016 11:35 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode. I am really curious how the outside world is with all the violence. I hope there is another season coming out.
Apr 14, 2016 8:03 AM

Jan 2011
Guitarplayer18 said:
Great episode. I am really curious how the outside world is with all the violence. I hope there is another season coming out.

Well~ the Danganronpa 3 anime will be out in July, but as the name indicates, it is a sequel (AND prequel) to Danganronpa 2. And that one did not get an anime adaptation. You could always watch a Let's Play of it, though, that's what most people do.
-content has been filtered for the use of inappropriate words or phrases-
Apr 15, 2016 9:19 AM

Jul 2013
I didn't expect it to be 10 minutes longer than usual.

Well, I thought that was pretty awesome but maybe not really quite what I expected. Quite an interesting show, different from the usual fair. I liked it.

I didn't think they would turn out to have been there for two years.

So the outside world is really messed up, will they survive? I wanted to see what it looked like outside when they opened the door.

So Junko sent them all in to despair but Naegi gave them hope again and Junko was happy she lost because it gave her more despair and she already wanted to die by the sound of it. So she got tortured in ways that others had gotten killed and then squished to death.

So she lost and the others won which was great of course. She had so many weird personalities and one in the dub that I could tell was voiced by the one who narrates Hetalia in the dub lol.

But Monokuma is still alive and still the principal so is he really the principal somehow put in to the bear? or a demon? was he really the mastermind? Hmmm. I wanna know.

I've never played the game.
stephtastropheApr 15, 2016 9:28 AM
Apr 26, 2016 8:09 PM

Jun 2013
Overall, I liked the ending. I liked that there were six survivors and not just one or two.

I'm happy that Kirigiri is still alive, she's my favorite next to Asahina. My favorite girls are: Kirigiri, Asahina, Junko and Sakura.

I'm also glad Togami is still alive, I like that bastard.

I haven't played the game so I'm not sure how true it stayed to it (I'm assuming it DID NOT since a lot of people gave it a seriously low rating and ranted vehemently about it). However, as a person who didn't play the game and saw it as a separate Anime series, I thought the story was pretty good. Rushed at certain parts, of course but what would you expect out of a 13-episode budget series. The premise was really good and could've been executed better but I'm hoping they're going to come out with a season 2 someday.
臭い-
Jul 7, 2016 2:41 PM

Aug 2014
The last episodes were better than start. At the start I thought that this anime will be same every 2 episodes (death-trial), but later this anime positively surprised me.
I was going to give it 5 or 6 /10 but I raise my vote to 7. I am not sure If I could give 8 as it is still not as good as anime I rated 8, but still is a very good anime for me.

i was hoping to see some disaster when they open the vault doors (fallout vaults :D).
I am happy that Asahina survived. I would never think that this Yasuhiro will survive :O same for Fukawa. At the same time it was obvious that Kirigiri, Naegi and Togami will be alive.

I even paired them :D
Kirigiri + Naegi
Togami + Fukawa
Asahina + Yasuhiro

There was some cruel moments in anime even in this last episode that they were killing heir friends.
I've hoped that they are all alive and their deaths are fakes.
Anyway if world is in chaos and despair then who watched this tv show? :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jul 29, 2016 3:51 AM

Feb 2016
6:30-6:20 I don't watch hentai but Its official. I would totally fap to her if she was in hentai. She's freaky af.

And she is my all time favorite villain now.
CareBearJul 29, 2016 3:58 AM
Oct 4, 2016 3:27 PM

Jan 2016
i didnt play the game but maybe i'll try it just to see what this anime left out. anime itself was definetly worth watching but damn i wanted to see what's going on outside :D
Oct 14, 2016 1:01 AM

Oct 2015
i think the series was very good epecially when they held trials because they were unpredictable onto whom is the culprit. Although their motives were unjustified and lack reason to killing their victims. I gave it 8/10 because i loved the trials and killings of my least favorite characters.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 2, 2016 4:17 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This two last episodes have been a suprise, but negative. The resolution to the enigmas and questions don´t like me. The way of this series was great, but this change in the plot, seems how a invention to try in this end to surprise us, but the surprise is that has a bad final just!

If you think a little, still there are unanswered questions or piece of plots are not very clear!!

All is a game, a big game, of a boried person xD

6/10.
Dec 5, 2016 10:52 AM

Nov 2009
Expected more than I got...that wasn't a good ending on my list. It was rather bad.
Sad, considering the beginning was strong...but yeah whatever...
Dec 10, 2016 8:10 PM

Aug 2012
5/10. I don't really feel like detailing why in the enormous amount of detail I'm use to but this adaption, for the most part, wasn't very good. The first half alone made the series seem like it was going to be a 3/10, but once the cast dwindled down dramatically and the particulars of the murder became less important it improved. That said, this episode makes that 5 a bit generous. To be honest, there's about four episodes I really enjoyed, 8-12, and the rest weren't very good. The constant hope bullets don't really work here, the moment is still a over-the-top in the game, which is fitting since Danganronpa operates on that frequency on a whole, but it's also empowering since it's your action that causes it. It's a clever change to the function of the game mechanic, rather than using your bullets to shoot down the someone's argument, you use them to inspire them. The level of involvement does a lot to alter the perceptions, but it also hurt that the adaption had to cut out numerous dialogues & free time events, leading to the characters leaving less of an impact. Granted, even in the base game, the characters were particularly the most engaging punch out there, it wasn't until Danganronpa 2 that Kodata was able to craft characters that work on multiple levels. In the first game, most characters basically stop at just being likeable, not having a whole lot of depth to them. The only ones who really have a pronounced character arc are the main trio, and I kinda think they butchered Byakuya's here.

But there were positives to this series of course. Most prominently, the music carrying over from the game is great. A bit of a lazy option but the soundtrack manage to capture the atmosphere of any given moment, and while I think the anime fails to use it as well, it's still great. To be honest, I'm close to convincing myself to drop this down to a four, clearly this is something I'll have to give more thought to. Considering the time constraints, I do think they did an admirable job of conveying the main plot points.

That Monomi tease though. I wouldn't have sacrificed Danganronpa 3 for a Danganronpa 2 adaption but boy, I am so down for Danganronpa 2 anime down the line regardless. Hopefully it'd be two-cours at least, that games got a lot more going for it than the first, and considering my love for it, I might be less forgiving.
Dec 17, 2016 10:21 PM

May 2013
Aw man. I wanted to see the world behind the steel door.

I was so worried they were gonna kill off the survivors as soon as they left the school because WE would've been the ones in despair after all they've gone through to get out LOL. Thank goodness.
Jan 11, 2017 3:19 PM
Aug 2008
In general the anime was really nice. I've watched it by chance and glad to see it.
I loved the fact that Hagakure survived till the end.

In these kind of anime's, you'd like that there is no focus in anyone. I mean it was known that 4 of the last 6 will survive.

Apart from that the anime went well.
Feb 3, 2017 2:50 PM

Dec 2016
Fun, good show. I never played the game, so I didn't have the weight of that expectation hanging over me like a lot of people did and I was free to just enjoy it as a stand alone story.

Is it wrong that even after finding out everything, I'm still really attracted to Junko?
Feb 9, 2017 12:53 PM
Aug 2014
That was a really bad finale.

We don't even know if there really was an apocalyptic event or not and if there was and they're living in a self sufficient bunker; why the hell would they just leave.

Junko's motivation was also very weak and her way of going about it was not very smart either. She says herself despair is contagious; then why kill those that had fallen in despair and killed someone else?

If she had just locked them in with a limited food supply, walled of the other areas they would've probably slowly fallen into despair.

The concept was interesting, but the execution wasn't great and the finale was just plan bad.

3/10

But for some strange reason I still want to check out the sequels.
Apr 17, 2017 1:07 PM
Jan 2017
Amazing anime, loved it,i give it a 10/10, but what about the sequel, im a little confused cz i found danganronpa 3 but i dont seem to find the 2, does anyone know anything about it?
Jul 19, 2017 4:13 PM
Oct 2016
hicham123olikjhg said:
Amazing anime, loved it,i give it a 10/10, but what about the sequel, im a little confused cz i found danganronpa 3 but i dont seem to find the 2, does anyone know anything about it?

The 2 wasn‘t adopted to an anime, but there is the game (search it on steam).
Jul 22, 2017 2:01 PM
Jan 2017
soomeone said:
hicham123olikjhg said:

The 2 wasn‘t adopted to an anime, but there is the game (search it on steam).

Yes i found it, thanks a lot
Sep 22, 2017 12:58 AM

Dec 2012
LMAO at Junko.
lol at Touko switching immediately after Togami said he needed her.
The world ended a year ago.
They've been at Hope's Peak for 2 years.
Makoto's mad.
Junko wants Makoto dead.
The world outside is polluted.
Sore wa...chigau yo! Sore wa chigau yo!
Kibou is inside all of us.
Makoto shooting his dying will bullets.
lol at Genocider.
Sore wa chigau yo!
Makoto is actually the Super High School Level...Kibou!
Makoto: Kibou wa mae susumu nda!
Dat Super High School Level Kibou shot!
Junko wants zetsubou.
LMAO at Junko taking all the previous punishments.
Junko Enoshima...is dead.
Kyouko so cute.
With Makoto by her side, Kyouko looks forward to what they can accomplish in the future.
Dat Asahina booty.
The door is opening. Dat light.
Oh shit! LAWD JESUS! Kyouko in that towel! Dat ass! Dem legs! Dat back! Dat face! Dat body!
lol at Touko in the back.
Monokuma lives!
A female Monokuma?

And that was the end. It was great rewatching this after 3 years. It was great the first time, but even better the 2nd time. Now onward to....

If it wasn't said in the comments before, I'll just say you should read DR Zero after this.
RobDec 21, 2017 4:03 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 9, 2017 10:55 AM

Jun 2016
Rob said:
LMAO at Junko.
lol at Touko switching immediately after Togami said he needed her.
The world ended a year ago.
They've been at Hope's Peak for 2 years.
Makoto's mad.
Junko wants Makoto dead.
The world outside is polluted.
Sore wa...chigau yo! Sore wa chigau yo!
Kibou is inside all of us.
Makoto shooting his dying will bullets.
lol at Genocider.
Sore wa chigau yo!
Makoto is actually the Super High School Level...Kibou!
Dat Super High School Level Kibou shot!
Junko wants zetsubou.
LMAO at Junko taking all the previous punishments.
Junko Enoshima...is dead.
Kyouko so cute.
With Makoto by her side, Kyouko looks forward to what they can accomplish in the future.
Dat Asahina booty.
The door is opening. Dat light.
Oh shit! LAWD JESUS! Kyouko in that towel! Dat ass! Dem legs! Dat back! Dat face! Dat body!
lol at Touko in the back.
Monokuma lives!
A female Monokuma?

And that was the end. It was great rewatching this after 3 years. It was great the first time, but even better the 2nd time. Now onward to....

If it wasn't said in the comments before, I'll just say you should read DR Zero after this.

Ok Thank you,DR Zero then which one should I watch next?
Oct 9, 2017 11:08 AM

Dec 2012
DiangeloKun18 said:
Ok Thank you,DR Zero then which one should I watch next?

I'll send you a PM.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 10, 2017 6:51 AM

Oct 2015
GlowingAura said:
Just binged this, I haven't played the games so I'm not able to compare.

The anime only covered a few weeks? That's weird, I thought it was longer.
Am I the only one who likes Junko? Probably my favourite character in Danganronpa.
Kinda sad that everyone else won't be able to continue, they were good characters.

Also, a question if anyone sees this. Why is there a horror tag in the sequel? Is there anything different apart from the blood changing to red?
The blood in the game is pink as well, don't know why people think it's red. There's really nothing different aside from it being "rushed" a.k.a not getting to know the characters well enough to like them. Other than that it's pretty solid.

You probably shouldn't watch Danganronpa 3 if you haven't played 2 yet otherwise you wouldn't know what the fuck is happening.
Dec 18, 2017 1:53 PM

Apr 2016
Not what I expected, but somehow I like it. Makes you want more.
"Upupupupu" :D

The dramas or interactions between the characters did not arrive me, felt from nothing. But maybe I would not have liked a slower pacing too...

8/10 for me.
Feb 26, 2018 6:41 AM

Nov 2016
had a great ride overall, except for the beginning and the end. the beginning felt way too rushed and the end felt non sense.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Mar 20, 2018 8:46 PM
Nov 2017
Ending is trash and very cringe, pulls down my rating from a 9 to and 8 but otherwise pretty good.
Apr 4, 2018 1:30 AM

Jun 2013
I liked this anime honestly. I haven't played the game yet but I didn't really think it was really that bad but not great either. Perhaps it could've been better but it was very entertaining to watch at least.

6/10
Aug 23, 2018 3:11 PM
Dec 2017
One of the shittiest endings I've ever seen! The only anime that top this are Erased and Soul Eater
Dec 2, 2018 11:27 AM
Aug 2016
Just upping this thread to specify the fact that it was a terrible adaptation and everyone should play Trigger Happy Havoc. 5/10 and it's even too much
Jan 29, 2019 1:54 PM

May 2017
I don't play games really, but my boyfriend really loved it so we checked out the anime. It was a big ol' meh. The only thing that I found interesting was that I started watching this while watching Radiant, and then began a rewatch of Angel Beats all at the same time... all three are directed by the same dude and I didn't even know. How weird
Mar 16, 2019 10:38 AM

Feb 2019
Well, it wasn't too bad. At least the main bad guy was killed - it would have been annoying if she'd remained alive
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jun 17, 2019 9:08 PM

Dec 2018
Unusual_Kmc said:
Well, it wasn't too bad. At least the main bad guy was killed - it would have been annoying if she'd remained alive

>main bad guy alive
whoo boy. i mean, she's dead. but whoo lad.
Jul 14, 2019 10:04 AM

Oct 2017
I thought ,that last two episodes would be better
7/10
Jul 27, 2019 12:52 AM

May 2016
Well I'm kinda in a confusing state now, that ending was meh, nothing special but seriously wanted more Junko scenes. overall not bad not good show 6/10
Oct 2, 2019 11:50 AM

Sep 2019
Aww man I really wanna see what they find after escaping the school. Guess they won't gonna revel :/ it's so lame how much positivity they forced in this anime like the blood is pink, when someone dies the music is kinda funny and the most annoying part is their facial expressions non of them have a bit of fear while discovering a dead body except few but that doesn't matter.

Anyways it wasn't a good experience.
5/10
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

417 by BakaDorayaki »»
May 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.