Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 12, 2013 10:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Togami vs. Kirigiri~ oh I was looking forward to this.

Decent OST this episode. HOLY SHIT, Naegi got voted as GUILTY. I was NOT expecting this. The execution scene looked kinda weird to me. He's in a classroom about to die. "Detention" ;o. Poor Naegi: http://i.imgur.com/wZTaq82.png

Oh wait he survives. Phew.

I'm ready for the final battle.
Sep 12, 2013 10:17 AM

Mar 2012
Notice how one time during the execution scene the blackboard indicates that Monokuma is giving a lecture on reproduction - like he's rubbing it in that Naegi is (presumably) going to die a virgin :D

Loved the scene where Naegi returns to see the others. In my mind his smile was saying "My children, I absolve you of your sins" :)
Sep 12, 2013 10:55 AM

Sep 2012
Death by class study after school. Interesting...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 12, 2013 11:15 AM

Apr 2013
symbv said:
Death by class study after school. Interesting...

I find it pretty iconic .
Human learns in life while death slowly approaches from behind.
See what I did there?
FluffyFleshSep 12, 2013 11:20 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Sep 12, 2013 11:23 AM

Sep 2011
I really didnt have any issues with this episodes adaption, like the past 3 episodes it was actually pretty well done, not perfect i have my few gripes like leaving out alot of the dialogue that made the characters to likable but nothing major, i remember watching naegi's execution the first time was so hard to watch and i was on the edge of my seat waiting to see if they would actually kill him. Though its made worse in the game if you got the bad ending cause it has kirigiri being executed instead of naegi, and once you notice that her dying wasnt the cannon path is relieving but then the oh shit moment hits you that someone else was gonna get executed in her place.

Wonder how the next 2 episodes will be handled, Though regardless im sure we can all enjoy
(very minor spoiler)

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 12, 2013 11:25 AM

Sep 2012
^ So you reckon that Kirigiri now won't get executed (or almost executed) given Naegi was almost executed?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 12, 2013 11:26 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
^ So you reckon that Kirigiri now won't get executed (or almost executed) given Naegi was almost executed?
never said that, its the final chapter next week anyone can go and anyone can survive. just saying she can get executed in chapter 5, its the same execution as naegi but the character is swapped and unlike naegi she actually gets squished

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 12, 2013 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
symbv said:
never said that, its the final chapter next week anyone can go and anyone can survive.
Since you said "kirigiri being executed instead of naegi" I thought you mean it would be either Kirigir or Naegi, but now you said you never said it. I am a bit confused.

Sep 12, 2013 11:30 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
symbv said:
never said that, its the final chapter next week anyone can go and anyone can survive.
Since you said "kirigiri being executed instead of naegi" I thought you mean it would be either Kirigir or Naegi, but now you said you never said it. I am a bit confused.

All im saying is theres a bad ending of the game, you have the choice of pointing out a lie by kirigiri or not in this trial, if you do she gets voted guilty and is executed with the same one naegi gets this ep, the game ends there with a somewhat comedic reference to something hagakure mentions in a free time event(wasnt in the anime). If you stay quiet about her lie naegi is the one who is voted guilty and hes executed, in that route you move on to the final chapter

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 12, 2013 11:33 AM

Sep 2012
Thanks for the clarification. Now I get it. So in this chapter it is either Kirgiri or Naegi, but in the final chapter anybody can die.

Sep 12, 2013 11:35 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
Thanks for the clarification. Now I get it. So in this chapter it is either Kirgiri or Naegi, but in the final chapter anybody can die.
the thing i mentioned is essentially the only choice in the game that actually changes the story in any way, even if only for a scene and some dialogue. Chapter 6 is still a linear conclusion im just saying its anyone game at that point and anyone can go and anyone can survive.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 12, 2013 11:40 AM

Mar 2013
-And here I thought we finally have Kirigiri for main protagonist because she got such sexy legs.

-Naegi can totally see her panties with that "raising sexy leg" pose.

-Ramen cup Kirigiri is so cute and has sexy legs.

-Thanks goodness Kirigiri and her sexy legs didn't get executed .

http://imgur.com/oGNWWok
-Oh common ! He just offered her an indirect kiss there >.> oh well,at least I've got an eyes full of sexy legs.

-I will try not to make any sarcastic remark about Kirigiri's title because I care more about her sexy legs for now.

-Shit got real now and did I mention Kirigiri is so cool with her sexy legs when she talked to Monokuma near the end?

After watching this episode I feel like wanting to be stepped on with dat sexy legs.
Sep 12, 2013 12:15 PM

May 2012
Okay episode. I think that the game execution mess up Naegi's anime execution. Loved how much we got to see kyouko. I just knew we was going to get some fan service on that ladder, but no. Any body that that insert song sounded like Never gonna give you up by Ricky Astley. Maybe it was just me. Anyway can't wait to see what the next episode holds.
Sep 12, 2013 1:53 PM

Nov 2008
So they did not show Kirigiri's execution. Would be a nice part for her fans to shit on their pants....

But instead we get Naegi plot armor. I wonder how many people will be very disappointed with him actually escape that execution. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sep 12, 2013 2:01 PM

Apr 2013
DenjaX said:
So they did not show Kirigiri's execution. Would be a nice part for her fans to shit on their pants....

But instead we get Naegi plot armor. I wonder how many people will be very disappointed with him actually escape that execution. xDD

You know.......if it would be Kirigiri she wouldnt escape.....because Naegi is a wuss and wouldnt save her .
Why would someone be disappointed because Naegi escaped?
Or shall I say : Saved by a girl?
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Sep 12, 2013 2:28 PM

Feb 2012
Am I the only one that was reminded of DR2's opening when the first soundtrack played :o
Sep 12, 2013 2:46 PM

Nov 2007
Ishida-san guy accusing Calm girl, and she's accusing the main guy to live. He was saved by Alter Ego. Calm girl came to save him and said the real culprit (the guy when they found the secret room) just brought the dead body to set to kill one of them. She's detective and her father was the real principle?

Everyone live or die, it is decided in last trial to solve this whole thing.

ED with everyone?? Is that a dead flag?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 12, 2013 2:47 PM

May 2012
Aww, we didn't get the bad ending.
Sep 12, 2013 3:22 PM

May 2008
Rarity said:

When i was playing the bad ending and it showed this, makes me wonder how

Sep 12, 2013 5:56 PM

Jul 2013
Main characters don't die that easily :p
But I did get really freeked out when he was taken to the execution ~
All war is deception. -Sun Tzu
Sep 12, 2013 7:17 PM

Feb 2008
I just though it was odd that Nagai got execution but still had a feeling of he won't dying not yet but still was confused what is going on.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 13, 2013 2:33 AM

May 2013
I was shocked that Naegi was found guilty, but relieved after Alter Ego saved him. I can't wait for the next episode.
Sep 13, 2013 3:08 AM

May 2012
21:08 upupupupu upupupupu

22:37 PING-PONG-PANG-PONG

22:39 Toukochan <3

Kyoukochan was so lovely in this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 13, 2013 3:49 AM

Jun 2013
the anime version of detention really did well on giving the tense~
but again, those who saw the first execution from the anime must had even more adrenaline rush~

Hope vs despair-- looking forward on the next episode ^^
Sep 13, 2013 3:51 AM

Nov 2011
So they won't let us see the bad ending animated? Mmkay.

Naegi got lucky that he have Alter Ego to save his ass from being crushed. I wonder why the same thing won't happen if Kyouko is the one being voted guilty. Alter Ego is a being dick?

The final trial, I wonder how they are gonna handle it.

Sep 13, 2013 3:56 AM

Sep 2011
Psyche_Izaya said:
Rarity said:

When i was playing the bad ending and it showed this, makes me wonder how

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 13, 2013 7:25 AM

Feb 2013
Really good episode. I'm glad this is ending well, it's def preferable to a show that starts great and ends poorly. I really don't know how Hagakure is left...it's annoying actually, but maybe something will come of it.
Sep 13, 2013 7:30 AM

May 2013
That insert song with the guitar strums felt kinda out of place, lol.

Also, kinda nice. Next week's episode will be about investigation(from start to finish), and the last episode's going to be the trial. Lots of twists!

I wonder how Naegi survived that fall...

Hope vs Despair!
Sep 13, 2013 7:47 AM

Jun 2013
Wow I really thought Naegi was going to die but I'm glad he survived! I'm loving how Kirigiri is constantly one-upping Monokuma. Great episode cant wait till next week!
Sep 13, 2013 8:53 AM

Jul 2013
I'm surprised that everyone voted off Naegi as the culprit with no proof. Well I'm just glad Alter Ego was there to save him.

Kirigiri was interesting during the second half, by showing her background with her father, regained some memories, and challenging Monokuma to a final trial.

Sep 13, 2013 8:55 AM

Sep 2012
Rarity said:
It's from the game? Meaning most students can survive even in a bad ending?

Sep 13, 2013 9:11 AM

Jul 2012
Rarity said:

omg what the heck LOL

anyway, decent episode, but I still feel like so many things are missing from this show and they're rushing like crazy.
Sep 13, 2013 9:12 AM

Nov 2008
If you really want to know about the bad ending:

symbv said:
Rarity said:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sep 13, 2013 9:15 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
Rarity said:
I guess its ok to say it,

In a free time event with hagakure he makes a prediction that his and naegi's kids would have the same mother, it was just something played for laughs cause hagakure's a idiot, but in the bad ending we see this picture
http://lparchive.org/Dangan-Ronpa/Update%20121/129-103-end.png

So yes, in the bad ending 5 people survive, grow up, have kids, and likley spend the rest of their lives in the school

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 13, 2013 9:17 AM

May 2008
DenjaX said:
If you really want to know about the bad ending:

symbv said:
Rarity said:
Without Kirigiri, they couldn't solve any of the school's mysteries. thus live happily ever after. XD
Sep 13, 2013 10:31 AM

Nov 2012
alter ego saves the day ~
the trial was even more rushed than usual, but the rest of the episode was fine. now it's time for the final chapter! c:

Rarity said:

lololol yeah sadly
but i guess it wouldn't really have fit in the anime..
Sep 13, 2013 10:39 AM
Jan 2011
So, Naegi's neck in on the line, well, if the spoilers are correct he'll be find and so as Kirigiri and everyone else.
Nasty001Sep 13, 2013 11:02 AM
Sep 13, 2013 11:07 AM

Apr 2013
This was a good episode. It's just been so funy that (I know this isn't a typical "school" ... but still) none of the kids seem to have been having any sort of education in this school. I mean, you can't have that crazy, psychotic bear teach these innocent kids - now could you? XD So, on the bright side, remaining in this school could mean freedom from homework, assignments, and tests. Nonetheless, I think that I would prefer leaving that nightmare despite that. I completely get it. :)
Sep 13, 2013 11:36 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Aww Naegi really is a positive and nice guy. He just smiled when Kirigiri came to save him and told everyone it's not their fault but the mastermind who out them in that situation :') such a great person, you always need one of those in despairing situations like this. Good thing Alter Ego saved Naegi. Now I want to see all of the mysteries of the school being solved!
Sep 13, 2013 11:47 AM

Sep 2012
Thanks DJIzzyIzzyHitler and DenjaX for explaining the bad end. I guess Fukawa has to be dead if Togami is to have a child with Asahina given how infatuated Fukawa is to Togami LOL

Sep 13, 2013 12:45 PM

Jan 2013
nice episode.. and also they DID show some part of how if kirigiri was executed but not the full bad end ..
anyways .. next episode will be nice .. 'hope' ..
-CnXaDi.
Sep 13, 2013 2:07 PM

Dec 2011
I was surprised to see Alter Ego again. I thought this was a good episode I can't wait to see next week's!

Sep 13, 2013 3:15 PM

Feb 2012
Lollolo Togami is just too strong for Kirigiri, he attacked her head on, and then she blamed it all on poor Naegi, who always looks lost and almost got his ass executed.

Nice episode, conclusion is getting close, still I can't believe the 16th student is really dead, we didn't even saw her once.
Sep 13, 2013 3:18 PM

Apr 2013
Ramkec said:
Lollolo Togami is just too strong for Kirigiri, he attacked her head on, and then she blamed it all on poor Naegi, who always looks lost and almost got his ass executed.

Nice episode, conclusion is getting close, still I can't believe the 16th student is really dead, we didn't even saw her once.

Togami's arrogance is intimidating alone , attacking like a pathetic idiot is fearsome. He failed badly on this one .
Sep 13, 2013 4:34 PM

Jul 2009
Neizaru said:
Did I miss something crucial, or has Kirigiri just tried to kill Naegi to save her hide and nobody seems to give a damn? Sure he's a boring, flat protagonist that nobody cares about and surely nobody would choose him over the cool detective girl, but shouldn't he be at least a little pissed about it? I mean it looks like "Yes, you just tried to murder me in cold blood, but I got saved by something completly random so all is fine and let's immidiately forget about it" :D

Kirigiri knows that if she died, no one else would have a chance at living since shes the one they want to target and she is the holder of the key. Albeit, she still has a purpose on why shes still playing the game, her life was technically more valuable than his.
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Sep 13, 2013 5:18 PM

Sep 2012
I love how they did this episode!
They wrapped up the trial quickly, while not skipping lots. So that was much appreciated.
Now let's hope they can do the best job they can with Chapter 6!
SO EXCITED.
Sep 13, 2013 5:36 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
Thanks DJIzzyIzzyHitler and DenjaX for explaining the bad end. I guess Fukawa has to be dead if Togami is to have a child with Asahina given how infatuated Fukawa is to Togami LOL

Actually, Fukawa seems to have died giving birth to a child, her child with Togami of course, they both wear glasses due to bad eyesight so that child having to wear glasses make it even more possible that they were Togami and Fukawa child, since both of his parents have bad eyesight. How else can Fukuwa died when they live in peace?

Beside Hagakura predicted that his child and Naegi's child will have the same mother, he never said Togami's will too.

Sep 13, 2013 5:37 PM

Aug 2007
Oh gosh, I read the LP, but Naegi's almost-execution still makes my heart hurt x.x

Sep 13, 2013 7:15 PM

Dec 2012
Well for the first time in this series, I'll finally say it - great episode. This has definitely made up a bit for my personal gripes with the series so far. Many possibilities of what will happen next are popping up in my head, only two episodes to go. Hoping this momentum continues for a solid ending.
Sep 13, 2013 7:54 PM

Sep 2012
Screwed up the investigation again.

I wonder how they'll fit the long last chapter in 2 episodes, it's probably gonna be even more rushed than the previous ones.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.