Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
5Loved it!
44.3%
4Liked it!
25.0%
3It was OK
19.8%
2Disliked it
7.3%
1Hated it
3.6%
Average 4.0
923 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2013 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat Junko in glasses :3
http://i.imgur.com/CLJIbMp.png
I find her various expressions really priceless to watch.

Memory alter huh? Damn. THE WORLD IS IN DESPAIR. I find the fact that Junko feels her own despair kinda ironic. RIP JUNKO. I find her execution scene fit pretty well. I'm glad they made it through though I wasn't surprised that Naegi, Togami, and Kirigiri survived.

http://i.imgur.com/bk8Jy5g.png
Kirigiri <3
Sep 26, 2013 10:08 AM
Jan 2012
Oh damn they showed Monomi right at the end... 2nd season flag kitaaaaaa
Sep 26, 2013 10:09 AM

Mar 2009
http://i.imgur.com/DqNA4Dg.png plot
and Kirigiri's smile was <3

So sdr2 anime confirmed?
Sep 26, 2013 10:10 AM
Jan 2012
Nishiura said:

So sdr2 anime confirmed?

Not confirmed yet but they showed Monokuma alive right at the end and Monomi right after... so we may as well say that it's confirmed
Sep 26, 2013 10:16 AM
Sep 26, 2013 10:19 AM

Feb 2012
SDR2!!!!! they better give it the right amount of episodes, I won't be able to stand seeing my favourite characters get almost no development like Ishimaru, Leon, Yamada, Celes etc then murdered right away!!!! D: if it's 13 episodes again i'm gonna cry

anyway back to THIS episode. I like how they snuck in that hidden CG of the girls in bathing together when it all ended ;D
Sep 26, 2013 11:11 AM

Nov 2007
No OP, and continuing with the trial with that real boss appearing. They got two years memory lost and huge change which outside is full of despair? It's all despair girl's talk. Hope vs. Despair. Everyone believing despair's decision to kill the guy and in despair mode, but the guy keeps shooting hope bullets. Wow, sasuga despair girl, she's happy and enjoying about despair. Wow, it's like she's getting every punishment that others got.

ED: "Saisei -rebuild- (再生 -rebuild-)" by Megumi Ogata (To say the exact it's "Saisei -rebuild- re:build ver (再生-rebuild- re:build ver.), the coupling song to innocent prisoner, Danganronpa net radio theme song)

Monokuma's alive? And there's also female kuma?

Edit (January 16, 2014): I heard that BD/DVD ver. of this ep. will be 14 mins. longer than the TV ver.
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-21292.html
tsubasaloverJan 16, 2014 10:05 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 26, 2013 11:16 AM

Sep 2011
neji3994 said:
Nishiura said:

So sdr2 anime confirmed?

Not confirmed yet but they showed Monokuma alive right at the end and Monomi right after... so we may as well say that it's confirmed
Well monkuma alive thing was done in the game too

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 26, 2013 11:28 AM

Mar 2013
I'm thrilled that they might adapt the sequel as well but more importantly...
http://i.imgur.com/5MWPcYr.jpg

WHEN,WHERE OR HOW DID DAT ASS HAPPEN !!!!!!!??????
Sep 26, 2013 11:31 AM

Sep 2011
I honestly hope to god a dr2 anime never happens, while this adaptations redeemed alot of itself in the last 3 chapters it still was far from a perfect adaptation and in terms of chap 2 and 3 thye were about as horribly adapted as you could get without just going anime only

But what makes me wish for no dr2 anime is that its such a complex game that putting it into a weekly format will not work. It relies too much on things happening in a single go especially trials, but the trials are significantly longer than the first games and the entire game is as well. Basically a dr2 anime being good borders on near impossible

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 26, 2013 11:32 AM

Apr 2013
zakkun89 said:

Hidden scene in the game where Naegi peeps on the girls in the bath.
Sep 26, 2013 11:35 AM

May 2008
zakkun89 said:

here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv_96-VS8TI
Sep 26, 2013 11:39 AM

Sep 2011
Psyche_Izaya said:
zakkun89 said:

here you go

God damn theres a shit ton of dr2 spoilers in the related videos

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 26, 2013 11:40 AM

Mar 2013
Mittee said:

Hidden scene in the game where Naegi peeps on the girls in the bath.

Why didn't they animated it !!!??? Did they just put it in the ending so that can make fun of me for not playing the game first !!!????
Psyche_Izaya said:

here you go

Ah thanks but I gonna play the game now and see it for myself,it feel much better that way.
Sep 26, 2013 12:15 PM

Jul 2011
That execution was the best part of the episode. Actually, all the executions were the best part of this series.

I don't think I'm gonna bother with a second season, I'll just play the game instead. I love the designs and the plot, while a bit cliché, is still rather interesting. But this was all just so very rushed and in the end I hadn't grown attached to any of the characters, I didn't care when any of them died. Also, the biggest flaw for a murder mystery is the lack of... well, mystery. As soon as a body was found you had little to no time to draw your own conclusions and the trials felt cheap because of this, the characters could draw evidence out of nowhere because the anime didn't bother to spend time on the little details that are so very important. This was most apparent when Naegi said that Junko was the mastermind.

Overall, this show gets an average score from me since it did manage to entertain me at some points, it's just pretty forgettable and nothing I'd feel like rewatching any time soon.
Sep 26, 2013 1:47 PM

Jun 2012
I see you there Monomiiii.....
Tutturu ~
Sep 26, 2013 1:54 PM

Sep 2010
can someone send the link from the ep stream ?
Sep 26, 2013 2:53 PM

May 2012
Junko made this episode. Those personalities were great, and the different voices made it perfect. Overall an okay series. Probably won't want to see a season two, but an ova of just Junko would be perfect lol.
7/10
Sep 26, 2013 2:55 PM

May 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Psyche_Izaya said:

here you go

Really? All i'm seeing are DR1 free-time events...

zakkun89 said:
Psyche_Izaya said:

here you go

Ah thanks but I gonna play the game now and see it for myself,it feel much better that way.

You can't see the Bath-scene event unless you got a "certain" item via Monomono Machine in the game.
it's a "hidden/secret" event.
Psyche_IzayaSep 26, 2013 2:59 PM
Sep 26, 2013 2:57 PM

Sep 2011
Antearion said:
but an ova of just Junko would be perfect lol.
7/10
trust me on this, no you dont. Shes such a entertaining character cause she doesnt overstay her welcome, she came in, surprised us all from how batshit she was was, then leaves before she ruins that impact

In DR0 shes a prominent cast member and to be frank, shes nothing short of infuriating and annoying and i just wish for her to go away every time she shows up.....but thats also cause dr0 kind of sucks but she shouldnt have any more appearances than she already has

Psyche_Izaya said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Psyche_Izaya said:

here you go

Really? All i'm seeing are DR1 free-time events...

Then my youtube is a asshole cause it shows a execution of a character from 2 as well as a certain character from 2's sanity levels

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 26, 2013 3:22 PM
Nov 2010
I won't lie I jumped up and down with excitement for Momomi. However I will say this there was not enough Dio-chan. Definitely did like the kawaii persona of Junko.
Sep 26, 2013 3:45 PM

Jan 2012
Harii said:
That execution was the best part of the episode. Actually, all the executions were the best part of this series.

Probably since its just directly copied from the game lol.
Sep 26, 2013 4:25 PM

Nov 2008
Monomi... What a tease at the end.

It implies nothing for a second season though... >.<

7/10 for adaptation.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sep 26, 2013 4:53 PM

Jul 2013
The BOOBS.
Season 2 confirmed--
YAHHHHHHHHHH
All war is deception. -Sun Tzu
Sep 26, 2013 7:16 PM

Sep 2011
DenjaX said:

7/10 for adaptation.

did you miss monomi coming out saying i look forword to seeing you soon?

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 26, 2013 7:18 PM

Dec 2012
Can someone who played the game explain something to me (unless it wasn't in the game either)?

What we saw was that Genocider Syo didn't know (or at least show that she knows) about the missing two years and who Junko was, but in the two years they all spent together, everyone knew her (including her real face) before their memories were wiped. Does that mean Fukawa never sneezed in those two years? Or am I missing something?
Sep 26, 2013 7:21 PM

Sep 2011
Jovy said:
Can someone who played the game explain something to me (unless it wasn't in the game either)?

What we saw was that Genocider Syo didn't know (or at least show that she knows) about the missing two years and who Junko was, but in the two years they all spent together, everyone knew her (including her real face) before their memories were wiped. Does that mean Fukawa never sneezed in those two years? Or am I missing something?
it wasnt said in the anime and never outright said in the game either but its hinted that kirigiri's dad was able to find ways to contain her split personality, with him gone you can see how well shes keeps it contained

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 26, 2013 7:24 PM

Dec 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Jovy said:

it wasnt said in the anime and never outright said in the game either but its hinted that kirigiri's dad was able to find ways to contain her split personality, with him gone you can see how well shes keeps it contained

Oh, that sounds convenient haha の_の. Thanks!
Sep 26, 2013 7:26 PM

Sep 2011
Jovy said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Jovy said:

Oh, that sounds convenient haha の_の. Thanks!
not too convenient when someone even more psycho than your split personality up and murders the guy keeping you under control

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 26, 2013 7:42 PM

Jan 2010
They should totally make an OVA of Dangan Ronpa IF. That shit would be the hypiest and can show how awesome Mukuro is in there.
Also I get feels everytime I see this group picture
http://puu.sh/4BaCF.jpg

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Sep 26, 2013 8:46 PM

Nov 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
DenjaX said:

7/10 for adaptation.

did you miss monomi coming out saying i look forword to seeing you soon?
She said anything? Holy shit. What did she say? I only saw her peek out at the side and the vid finished. xDD At least where i streamed it.

EDIT: Oh, I saw it now. She said that she can't wait to see everyone soon. It's actually way too early to assume that this is a confirmed sequel. It's too vague. xDD
DenjaXSep 26, 2013 8:52 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sep 26, 2013 11:47 PM

Jan 2011
Though they didn't officially announce it but i think there's a high change for season 2 seeing Usami at the end.

I want to see Danganronpa Zero ><
Sep 26, 2013 11:52 PM

Sep 2012
Very impressed with the voice acting performance of Toyoguchi Megumi in Junko's role. I counted at least 6 different voices she used in different modes.

And I finally understand why out of all characters Junko is the one who gets a premium figure released first.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 27, 2013 1:06 AM

Sep 2008
its a shame, such an amazing game, but as always, the adaptation was horrible, i mean, each trieal was like at least, 1hour and a half long in the game(at least not in easy) and here, they did it in 20 mins XD

and monokuma didnt explained why the change of personalities, nor did the rest asked ¬¬

at least, enoshima maked my day, i just fucking love those faces, copying the personalities of the survivors XD

...arguing about how come there was no bath scene? come on, this could have filled 24 eps, and the bath scene could have been a nice ova, but no, rush the damm thing, why not

i'm happy i finished the game before the anime

overal, i'll give it a 9, cause the story i remember is from the game =)
but to this anime alone, a 7 would ...alrigth, cause i liked it XD

PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 27, 2013 2:38 AM

Oct 2010
plothole,plothole here and there....
Signature Removed
Sep 27, 2013 3:40 AM

Sep 2011
groundfish said:
plothole,plothole here and there....
just say the plot hole rather than be vague as shit, cause the final chapter has just more unexplained plot points like how she brainwashed the students or what created monobear cause they were pretty much planning on a DR2 before they finished the first game

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 27, 2013 5:45 AM

Nov 2012
junkos insanity made this episode. damn shes so awesome c:

well so it ends.. compared to the game the adaptation was pretty meh-ish. giving it 7/10 for now, currently contemplating if i should lower it to 6. IF theres going to be a SDR2 adaptation, i hope it'll be better than this one.
Sep 27, 2013 5:50 AM

Jan 2013
Nicely done within limited episodes.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Sep 27, 2013 6:26 AM
Aug 2013
I'm tired of all the people saying that this adaptation was horrible and rushed. The director made a conscious effort to use as much time as possible. It's rare that the OP is skipped for over half the series, but we got exactly that. The only weak episode of the series was episode 5, where they dragged on Mondo's post-verdict explanation for too long. Everything else was fine.

Yes, some things were omitted, but that happens in every single anime adaptation. It's just that this anime had the "unforunate" situation where the game translation was released before the anime. Other shows like Clannad, Fate/Stay Night, ef, and Shuffle had their game translation projects completed after the anime release. Those shows have even more omitted but didn't get anywhere close to the butthurt whining I saw for this show.

I liked how the anime was very, very faithful to the game. However, I would've liked to see an ending that was unique to the anime instead of just copying the game ending. This is really my only true gripe. I liked Gantz and Negima because they had the guts to make a new ending. ef - a tale of memories also had an alternate ending, and so did Shuffle and Mashiro-Iro Symphony. I even liked the love-or-hate School Days just because its ending was unique as well.

Solid 6/10. It adapted the game well, but I think it played a little too safe. A well-executed alternate ending could've made this a classic. (I use the entire 10 point scale; 6 is above average)
Sep 27, 2013 7:37 AM

Apr 2011
I really did enjoy this show, every episode was compelling in more ways then one, going off what occurred in the final episodes i can see a season 2 based off that alone, + the revealing of monobear being alive in the end and the girl monobear stating she cant wait to meet them, im excited for a second season.
Sep 27, 2013 7:50 AM

Feb 2009
I didn't play the game, but watching the last episode makes me wonder..

What's on the outside of the school?
Is everything really in despair just like Junko said?

(or are the answers to these questions spoilers for the rest of the game)
Sep 27, 2013 7:55 AM

Apr 2013
Wuppie said:
I didn't play the game, but watching the last episode makes me wonder..

What's on the outside of the school?
Is everything really in despair just like Junko said?

(or are the answers to these questions spoilers for the rest of the game)

The answer will be revealed in series 2.
Sep 27, 2013 10:24 AM

Dec 2009
If the sequel will be made,I hope will have more episodes and not so rushed as this. I liked this series, who hast played the game.
Sep 27, 2013 11:59 AM

Jul 2013
~*Shout-out to all the people who expected Asahina to die early on just because she looked plain*~ (◕‿◕✿)

I would give the game a 10/10 in a heartbeat. However, I'm wavering between 6/10 and 7/10 for this adaptation. I'm still intensely bitter over how anticlimactic Junko's reveal was.
Sep 27, 2013 12:19 PM

Aug 2011
Ahh, it's over. I'll go and play the game, now. Overall, the anime was pretty meh to me, so I ended up giving it a 5/10. Judging by the amount of people saying that the game was better, I'm assuming I'll have a better time playing that.
Sep 27, 2013 12:42 PM

Sep 2011
Laciie said:
Ahh, it's over. I'll go and play the game, now. Overall, the anime was pretty meh to me, so I ended up giving it a 5/10. Judging by the amount of people saying that the game was better, I'm assuming I'll have a better time playing that.
well theres no point in playing the game anymore, You already know exactly who dies, whats going on, and all the twists. Whats it gonna matter that the game is gonna give more dialogue to the characters and murders when you already know what they lead up to

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 27, 2013 12:58 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty rushed for the ending but still loved it :D

Junko's personalities were all fun...too bad her queen personality wasn't used as much as the others. But at least her hot secretary one was *A*

Lol'd at her greeting Genocider so casually XD

Loved the Kibou bullets ^^

Junko's despair orgasmic face when she wanted to die was EPIC!! XD

And her enjoying the punishment was lol.

Dat Naegi singing the ED was :D

And finally the SDR2 tease!!!! >_<
Sep 27, 2013 12:59 PM

May 2010
SUPER DUPER LAME!!!

2/5

5/10
Sep 27, 2013 1:12 PM

Jul 2013
So first half, everyone is despair at first, but then the 2nd half Naegi encourage everyone that Hope is still there and going against Junko for the final conclusion. Never knew she enjoyed being in despair and gets executed in the end.

The execution animation, OP and ED, and the ending of the last episode were great. Also props to Junko's voice actress for voicing different personalities in this. My only problem is that some episodes were rushed and some characters have little character development. Giving this an 8/10
omega_d94Sep 27, 2013 1:26 PM

Sep 27, 2013 1:18 PM

Sep 2009
WTF? O.O I'm more confused now.. because of what Monobear said in the ending. Does this mean that he's the father of Kirigiri and he's the real mastermind? or he was just confusing us watchers.. omg . help me .. esp. to those who have played the game..
and i wonder who's that another bear.. so there will be a sequel?
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

263 by Gator »»
Sep 13, 2023 8:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.