Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion

Jul 18, 2013 10:16 AM
News Team
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Monokuma and his honey. LOL

I just love Kirigiri and her way of thinking though with the door switch theories. JUDGING TIME. Oh God, Leon...those tears.

Game over.
Oh dear. Leon....wow that scene was just hell for him. Oh wow, fucking gatling gun. Holy shit/5.

Jul 18, 2013 10:19 AM
lol that execution... Kirigiri awesome as always my favorite char in the game... looking forward to next case

Jul 18, 2013 10:22 AM

AHOAHOAHOAHOAHOAHOAHO

i laughed

(i feel bad now)
Modified by notnishiura, Jul 18, 2013 1:14 PM

Jul 18, 2013 10:27 AM
Thritraius said:
This is kinda where i jump in and recommend people to play the game. To put it simply, the climax inference (manga panals) and the execution were pretty much ripped straight from the game, (the execution was just traced over, link to game execution - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khxhDfJ0KBY ) and many details were skipped over the course of three episodes (of course they are trying to squeeze 6 chapters into 13 episodes and i don't imagine they have a very high budget, even a few extra episodes would be better.)

(admittedly this is rather ranty, sorry if this post annoys you)

This anime is mostly to boost the sell of the main game so all I can say is that it's pretty good imho

Jul 18, 2013 10:37 AM

neji3994 said:
Thritraius said:
This is kinda where i jump in and recommend people to play the game. To put it simply, the climax inference (manga panals) and the execution were pretty much ripped straight from the game, (the execution was just traced over, link to game execution - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khxhDfJ0KBY ) and many details were skipped over the course of three episodes (of course they are trying to squeeze 6 chapters into 13 episodes and i don't imagine they have a very high budget, even a few extra episodes would be better.)

This anime is mostly to boost the sell of the main game so all I can say is that it's pretty good imho

That is true, but... it still annoys me quite a bit that it was more or less executed rather poorly.

Jul 18, 2013 10:38 AM
Mittee said:
Confirmed for shitty, rushed adaptation. There weren't enough flying words, MTB was terrible and they censored the execution. Trust me, if you're even the least bit interested in DR, don't spoil it by watching this crap. Just play the game.

There isn't need for lots of flying words, since it doesn't make sense if they could repeat the same sequence again and again because Naegi missed the correct words like the game on an anime format.

The execution probably censored to comply the TV airing rules in Japan, scenes that showing the exact time someone/something killing/hurting people are usually censored. Sayaka corpse in episode 2 isn't censored because she is already dead, it doesn't shows the exact killing scene itself.
Modified by melina_putri, Jul 18, 2013 10:48 AM

Jul 18, 2013 10:47 AM
Okay, so I haven't watched the episode yet to form an opinion regarding the execution of the execution for myself, but just because they censored what is widely considered to be the game's most brutal execution people are already saying the adaptation will be straight-up terrible from here on? I mean, from what I've heard they adapted the execution faithfully. Leon's execution in the game was one of, if not the hardest to watch because of the sheer brutality. The rest of the executions are nowhere near his level, so I expect the next executions to not be censored at all, since there's really nothing brutal to see and they're much easier to swallow.

Jul 18, 2013 10:52 AM

pika09 said:
Okay, so I haven't watched the episode yet to form an opinion regarding the execution of the execution for myself, but just because they censored what is widely considered to be the game's most brutal execution people are already saying the adaptation will be straight-up terrible from here on? I mean, from what I've heard they adapted the execution faithfully. Leon's execution in the game was one of, if not the hardest to watch because of the sheer brutality. The rest of the executions are nowhere near his level, so I expect the next executions to not be censored at all, since there's really nothing brutal to see and they're much easier to swallow.

Cutting a scene you was curious how would it look animated it can be a real downer.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me

Jul 18, 2013 10:56 AM

BloodyNightsky said:

Cutting a scene you was curious how would it look animated it can be a real downer.

Sounds like the same excuse I hear for every ecchi show/game/manga. Don't worry, I have the answer for those who like watching people get executed. Uncensored Blu-ray, probably.

Jul 18, 2013 10:58 AM
BloodyNightsky said:

Yeah, I do have to admit that. This execution was the one I was curious about the most ... sigh. Oh well, I preferred seeing the death scenes anyway.

I just hope the anime won't be stupid enough to censor any other executions, since the next ones were comparatively lighter than the first.

Jul 18, 2013 10:59 AM

If you're really interested in seeing the scene in all its brutality, just watch it here.

I haven't seen the episode yet, and I'm not saying by watching that you can excuse the execution if its done badly, that's just for your own needs is all. Enjoy.

Jul 18, 2013 11:02 AM
People in this thread don't realize the meaning of adaptation.

Jul 18, 2013 11:03 AM

Saduj said:
People in this thread don't realize the meaning of adaptation.

I don't think that's the case. It's just that they're disappointed with how the adaptions was done in terms of execution, since these are key points in the games.

Jul 18, 2013 11:11 AM

ihateeveryone said:
If you're really interested in seeing the scene in all its brutality, just watch it here.

I haven't seen the episode yet, and I'm not saying by watching that you can excuse the execution if its done badly, that's just for your own needs is all. Enjoy.

That's the game execution not the anime one . In the anime it would look better and probably , as I imagine , more detailed .
MrOCD said:
BloodyNightsky said:

Sounds like the same excuse I hear for every ecchi show/game/manga. Don't worry, I have the answer for those who like watching people get executed. Uncensored Blu-ray, probably.

I posted one of the reasons why people say this is shit or w/e they want to call it . If I want to see butchery I could pick any anime themed towards that.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me

Jul 18, 2013 11:33 AM

Damn i Wished too see the fight between maizono and leon also the Scene didnt really looked soo diffrent frm the game the blooody ball wherent their either and noo voice i was looking Forward too the ep but it really wasnt much

Jul 18, 2013 11:57 AM
Forum Moderator
Kanade♥

BloodyNightsky said:
ihateeveryone said:

That's the game execution not the anime one . In the anime it would look better and probably , as I imagine , more detailed .
MrOCD said:
BloodyNightsky said:

I posted one of the reasons why people say this is shit or w/e they want to call it . If I want to see butchery I could pick any anime themed towards that.

To show that kind of brutality it would need to go on an adult channel, which it's not.

Jul 18, 2013 12:21 PM

They should have just made the entire series in the same style as the executions. It would look 10x better, haha.

Also, a video game adaption that couldn't feel any more video game-y. I'm a fan of the game but I don't want to feel like like I'm watching a playthrough of it or something. It's a pretty darn lazy adaption.

Jul 18, 2013 12:30 PM

While like everyone else I am disappointed in the censoring of the scene I was most looking forward to (the execution) I totally understand why it was censored for TV. That execution is brutal no matter how many times I watch it. I hope that on the DVDs we can have an uncensored version like they do with some other series. That would be amazing! If not then hey, there is always the game one which is great.

That being said, that is my only complaint! I LOVE this adaption. Sure as some people have said some of the dialogue was cut out but honestly, playing those games there is so many random trains of thought that are not needed. They got straight to the point with this chapter's trial which isn't bad at all. The first one is pretty easy. Plus I mean really guys, they can't keep ALL the dialogue. The pace is fast so they need to keep up with that for 13 eps.

I adore how they keep things like the evidence bullets, the starting trial scenes (like when it goes around in a circle before a discussion), important text on the screen at critical moments, use of climax interface, the music, scene with revealing the criminal, and so much more. I love the machine gun talk battle so much! So glad they used the music for that part. I might be biased but after playing 1 and 2 I can't listen to those songs without getting stressed haha. But yeah! So happy with how the trial was handled.

Seeing Leon break down like that before his execution truly was heartbreaking. Chapter one will never fail to make me upset. Great episode! I am really happy with this adaption so far honestly.

Jul 18, 2013 12:48 PM

Quick thoughts on the raw:

- Lots of quality animation throughout the episode.

- YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG! was awesome, purely awesome

- Leon's breakdown was way too sad. For two reasons, really. Firstly because of just the absolute tragedy of it all, and another because no one else really got to know him..

- Kirigiri once again shows why she's the best emotionless girl

- "I can read minds.. just kidding, I just have good intuition" at the end.. ;__;

Jul 18, 2013 12:52 PM

lol love this xd

Jul 18, 2013 1:02 PM

They skipped the OP & ED themes to fit in the entire Class Trial segment, that is the only thing I'm thankful for. Other than that, "lazy and rushed" are the words I would use to describe the show. Oh, and my obligatory "I wish there were more than 13 episodes."
*Falls into despairs*

Jul 18, 2013 1:10 PM
I don't even really see why they censored the part that they did. Some of the parts that they left in were far more gruesome than the stuff they took out. Hell, the only thing that was really censored wasn't even very violent looking. It could have just as easily been played up for laughs if this was like a comedy anime or something.

Thritraius said:

Why bother even posting this? Everybody already knows it's based off of a game, if they really wanted to play it, they would play it. How difficult is that for you to understand? They don't need you shoving it down their throat that you think they should play the game instead of the anime. You're not their mother.

Jul 18, 2013 1:37 PM

I'm just wondering, could Leon have possibly said "Idiot" anymore? But on another note, I can see how "special" his execution was...I wonder what will happen next.
Modified by specialpackage, Jul 19, 2013 10:32 AM

Jul 18, 2013 2:17 PM

Thritraius said:

Hey man, spoliers on the recommended videos thumbnails.

But yarh, rushed was all I can say.

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")

Jul 18, 2013 3:00 PM

The censoring of the execution was disappointing but understandable.

Jul 18, 2013 3:10 PM

To bad they're not showing how he was killed ( I mean without that shity censoring) but still really good episode

Jul 18, 2013 3:11 PM

i think that wont be censored on blue ray, it looked zoomed in the way the camera was moving

Still my question is.....why, like dont get me wrong that was easily the most brutal execution in the game but iv seen way worse uncensored on fucking day time TV let alone this which airs at night

Also this is no where near as rushed as people are saying. Yah they are skipping things but go re watch the first trial, theres alot of filler and evidence really could and should have been abridged.

oh and i truly wonder how many people here that are saying how rushed it was, actually could understand a thing they are saying and wasnt just basing it off of what they remembered of the trial in the game
Modified by JizzyHitler, Jul 18, 2013 3:19 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 18, 2013 3:23 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
i think that wont be censored on blue ray, it looked zoomed in the way the camera was moving

Still my question is.....why, like dont get me wrong that was easily the most brutal execution in the game but iv seen way worse uncensored on fucking day time TV let alone this which airs at night

Also this is no where near as rushed as people are saying. Yah they are skipping things but go re watch the first trial, theres alot of filler and evidence really could and should have been abridged.

oh and i truly wonder how many people here that are saying how rushed it was, actually could understand a thing they are saying and wasnt just basing it off of what they remembered of the trial in the game

Like this one ?

Jul 18, 2013 3:29 PM

I'm totally not plugging my own video with the anime execution.

Jul 18, 2013 3:33 PM

ihateeveryone said:

I am 100% positive this will be uncensored on dvd,just look at the zoom in out of no where.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 18, 2013 3:35 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
ihateeveryone said:

I am 100% positive this will be uncensored on dvd,just look at the zoom in out of no where.

Yea, I hardly doubt it won't be. Thankfully the other executions aren't AS brutal so they won't be censored.. hopefully.

The only thing I dislike is how its literally traced over..

Jul 18, 2013 3:36 PM

ihateeveryone said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
ihateeveryone said:

Yea, I hardly doubt it won't be. Thankfully the other executions aren't AS brutal so they won't be censored.. hopefully.

The only thing I dislike is how its literally traced over..
well theres not much else you can do to it, they threw in some movement in his fingers and such, the changes in movement probably come from when hes getting battered to death which we havent seen yet

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 18, 2013 3:37 PM
BloodyNightsky said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Like this one ?

That gif is taken from BD/DVD, not the TV airing. The TV airing has white bar censor.

Jul 18, 2013 3:47 PM

melina_putri said:
BloodyNightsky said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Like this one ?

That gif is taken from BD/DVD, not the TV airing. The TV airing has white bar censor.

I'll be frank with you . But there are sites where you can view series without any censorship . Also , I've viewed alot of anime's without censorship on animax when I was 13 or 14 , around 10 PM they always replayed the uncensored version of the daylight anime if there were any censorship.

Jul 18, 2013 3:48 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
melina_putri said:
BloodyNightsky said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Like this one ?

- Good job on not posting a gif
- The things posted here are from the Tv version
- There is no release of episode 3 on dvd, the limited edition dvd that came out prior to the show only had episode 1 on it as well as special features and a gaming card.

That's a Blood-C gif , you really cant check what's in it , do you?
You're such a wuss sometimes .

Jul 18, 2013 3:50 PM

BloodyNightsky said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
melina_putri said:
BloodyNightsky said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Like this one ?

- Good job on not posting a gif
- The things posted here are from the Tv version
- There is no release of episode 3 on dvd, the limited edition dvd that came out prior to the show only had episode 1 on it as well as special features and a gaming card.

That's a Blood-C gif , you really cant check what's in it , do you?
You're such a wuss sometimes .
oh, i dont see a single gif on here, i guess my comp is fucked up or something but i dont see it in the reply either, ill just delete that comment then

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 18, 2013 4:09 PM

I can see why they censored the execution since its absolutely brutal (more so than i remember) so i can see why it was done but i still liked it anyways.

as for the trial being shorter and some evidence not being talked about... well duh that was gonna happen. its not like every single evidence you get in the game would be necessary to put culprit away, some are just minor details. besides from what i can tell, all the important evidence was talked about so its all good. BUT NO ONE HAS TALKED ABOUT THE FACT THAT THEY ACTUALLY USED EVIDENCE BULLETS AND IT WAS USED TO SHOOT DOWN ARGUMENTS LIKE IN THE GAME IM SO HAPPY THEY DID THAT!

Jul 18, 2013 4:33 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Leon's death was pretty brutal but you should see some of the things in Hunter x Hunter which are completely uncensored (for the most part) especially in the most recent arc and That's a Saturday morning childrens show lol. So ya I was disappointed with the censoring but other than that it was ok, very rushed though.
Modified by Num1dad_Asura, Jul 18, 2013 6:50 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source

Jul 18, 2013 4:43 PM

damn this episode is awesome.. but, there are so much thing I dont understand.. :/
I will download the sub version later..

and.. kyoko is just too awesome.. XD

Jul 18, 2013 6:49 PM

makarov52 said:
damn this episode is awesome.. but, there are so much thing I dont understand.. :/

Kirigiri is honestly, imo, the ideal emotionless girl. She has the emotionless type of personality while not rendering or making herself completely isolated from the group and is still able to actually socialize and function with other humans. (Not that I mind emotionless girls that do that, but still.)

Jul 18, 2013 7:15 PM
News Team
Trial time begins. Shower room door is important. There's a letter from idol girl? Wanting to kill someone, but got killed ... and that number is opposite of the name of the criminal... Even though he's not "very deluxe", his mind turns fast. Hikasa-san's character is also calm and supporting with his "detective". That extreme pitcher got crazy before admitting. Wow, that art changing during the punishment. Idol girl wanted him alive?

ED showing 3 deaths...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Jul 18, 2013 7:17 PM

ihateeveryone said:
makarov52 said:

Kirigiri is honestly, imo, the ideal emotionless girl. She has the emotionless type of personality while not rendering or making herself completely isolated from the group and is still able to actually socialize and function with other humans. (Not that I mind emotionless girls that do that, but still.)
i wouldnt even call her emotionless, shes just cold as hell until she starts warming up to naegi and.....actually now that i think about it she only warms up to naegi

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 18, 2013 8:45 PM

But fuck that episode! Taking a brisk pace, everything was perfect. Best anime of the year triggered, although, as yet, there are so many mysteries. It is a blend of Saw with Phoenix Wright, but better. Had not played the game before, so I think I'm enjoying it, but I say that the direction and soundtrack are beyond expectation, not only me but everyone should be watching. The end went Ownar all, hope for more deaths of type <3 Too bad it did not preview): indeed, 13 episodes ... there want to fill spaces taking the opening and ending, as did a lot with devil survivor.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the

Jul 18, 2013 9:15 PM

GOD DAMN
stop it D:

Kirigiri pls

Jul 18, 2013 10:17 PM

Damn, the translators are friggin SNAILS with subtitles on this. Has anyone got the subed version? I wanna watch it!!

Jul 18, 2013 10:49 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

That's not exactly why most (read: all) of us are calling the show rushed. It isn't as rushed as you think people are saying because none of us brought that point into the thread, yet.
The only one who you should be saying that to is to me because I have yet to elaborate on why I think the show is rushed.

Sure, I understand the need to condense everything within 13 episodes. It is entirely possible to do so in fact, and I understand the justification to do so. Like someone else has said:
There isn't need for lots of flying words, since it doesn't make sense if they could repeat the same sequence again and again because Naegi missed the correct words like the game on an anime format.

Yeah, understandable, to hear the same argument again would be rather jarring to say the least. Also, about the removal of filler evidence. You are right, DJIzzyIzzyHitler. They aren't exactly necessary to the case because they can still be solved without them. Proof is in the thread with the list of evidence.

So why does it seem like I am on the opposition before posting this? I never said I disliked the show, and I still don't dislike it. It just means I am capable of accepting its hypothetical flaws. Why I think the show is rushed as to how I put it, it is because it is relatively fast paced in comparison to other anime where it makes it seem like the dialogue is being squeezed in a rather unnatural pace. It makes digesting all the information rather hard for the audience. No, I am not trying to bring realism as my counterargument, God forbid. I say that out of concern for the newcomers of the series who want to have a satisfying experience of story from the hype built up to it. They could, however, play the actual game, but there is the possibility that they either don’t own a PSP, or want to support NIS America once the game has been localised.

Of course, as someone who has played the game, I am most likely biased on my stance on why I think it's rushed, but this should also apply to those who aren't saying it's rushed and have played the game. So really, the only ones who can draw the line are the ones who haven’t played it… is what I think.

Re-edit:
I should also mention that when I am calling something rushed isn't always with negative connotations. Having something rushed is dependent on the circumstance. I liked Oregairu simply because it didn't bother with the potential fillers, aside from the anime exclusive filler that is episode 13. So sometimes going on a faster pace can be beneficial at times, but in this case, yeah, I think it's a flaw. Take that as an innuendo, dohohoho, I am so mature.

"Lazy", well, there is no denying of that being used with negative connotations. I have no proof of the meta-reason of why things were done the way they were, so I should shut my mouth on that department.
Modified by MrOCD, Jul 18, 2013 11:51 PM

Jul 18, 2013 10:56 PM

sisgood said:
Damn, the translators are friggin SNAILS with subtitles on this. Has anyone got the subed version? I wanna watch it!!
You have to keep in mind that this show has an insane amount of typsetting. And UTW are doing a fantastic job so far, so it shouldn't be too much to have to wait for a day.

Jul 18, 2013 11:09 PM
What a creative way of execution! Their deduction was brilliant. It was an enjoyable episode. Also I was impressed at the art again. Really unique.

Jul 18, 2013 11:10 PM

It was so obvious, and still didn't paid enough attention to know this wtf.

Jul 19, 2013 1:59 AM

It's of no help that the trial got cut short because it had to fit into 1 episode.
I like how they kept some of the game element in the trial (firing of bullets, going around the circle, MTB..)

But the censored execution...seriously who want to look at the machine.

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »