Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2016 5:49 AM

Jun 2013
I should have known they were just "scare deaths".

Jesus Christ. I'm not gonna be able to look past this one. Really poor decision for a Gundam show, I am blaming Okada.

6-7/10
Mar 27, 2016 5:54 AM

Jul 2013
Looks like no one died after all lol. Not that I'm complaining. More sacrifice options for S2

I wonder about McGillis being the next villain with the current Gjallarhorn and all. Too bad about Mika's right eye and arm though he can still use them when connected to Barbatos. Orga developed as a character as said by the old man and when he quit acting tough in front of Mika by asking him what to do next when it's usually Mika who asks that.

Mar 27, 2016 5:59 AM
Jan 2016
As GhostofSide6 said prior to me, I am somewhat disappointed at how "lightly" they treated the whole devil-Ein created from the Tekkadan's revenge. It did scar Mikazuki, but that was it. I was expecting something... way dignified.
That WHOLE POINT OF THE SERIES aside, I am looking forward to the next season, though what they can pull out now is a wonder...
Mar 27, 2016 6:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ex_necross said:

Jesus Christ. I'm not gonna be able to look past this one. Really poor decision for a Gundam show, I am blaming Okada.

6-7/10
You should know better as a veteran Gundam fan....They're all gonna die in S2 lol, chill
Mar 27, 2016 6:09 AM

Jun 2013
Tokoya said:
ex_necross said:

6-7/10
You should know better as a veteran Gundam fan....They're all gonna die in S2 lol, chill

Hopefully, but I don't think Okada does the whole mass killing thing. I've only seen a couple of her shows, but I don't remember any deaths.
Mar 27, 2016 6:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Tokoya said:
ex_necross said:

6-7/10
She's never done a series like this before either but I'm confident that she'll come around to it quite nicely
Mar 27, 2016 6:21 AM

Aug 2008
Pretty good Gundam. Poor Gaelio.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 27, 2016 6:29 AM

Aug 2010
Kinda disappointing that none of those 3 from last ep died but Ein is a scrub and a f***n annoying loser and Lafter is <3 So meh I'll look over it.

Mika vs Ein was cool. The way he was ignoring his glamorous speeches throughout the fight was lol
Loved the way he REKT him in the end. Barbatosa with the katana is best Barbatosa.

Mika's "I can't see with this eye and my hand is done for that's it" so nonchalantly was so lol

Fav part of the ep was Gali Gali getting mindfucked by Ferrid lol...He's such an asshole, love him XD "Don't worry I'll take care of ur imouto" and then hugging her later. Confirmed for lolicon 100%

Atra is too cute and Dat consoling head pat was adorable <3

Awesome Brofist at the end. Quite surprised Orga didn't die ^^; Well can't wait for S2
Mar 27, 2016 6:30 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ein's death was necessary and extremely satisfying. His non-stop talking had me considering the mute button more than once.

McGillis is not only a nasty, cunning villain, but a confirmed lolicon. Look forward to seeing him cause mayhem next season.

I think I've enjoyed this more than most. After the disappointment that was Reconguista I think I had low expectactions and this easily surpassed them.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 27, 2016 6:32 AM

Feb 2014
Ein: You sinful kid who killed Crank-nii
Mika: Who's that?

LOOOOL That was damn funny!! xD

- It was sad to see Mika losing his right hand and right eye. Also happy that Lafter, Azee and Shino didn't die.

- Overall, it was a fun show with lots of hyping scenes. Can't wait for Season 2 which will be after half a year but still, having a 2nd season just means that THIS time, they'll prepare "MANY" deaths for us.

ALSO I REALLY HOPE THIS TIME THEY PUT ENOUGH BUDGET FOR THE ANIME.
Mar 27, 2016 6:34 AM
Oct 2012
When you see people about Azee, Lafter and Shino's deats just being scares, remember this is Gundam and they will most probably be killed off in season 2 LOL
Mar 27, 2016 7:05 AM

Jan 2008
Nice episode to wrap up the first season. I feel bad for Gaelio. He had to die at the hand of his friend and after discovering the ugly truth. It especially made me sad when he mentioned Carta and how she was in love with McGillis. Well, I knew that McGillis was aware of her feelings for him and used that for his own agenda. Um, and is McGillis really a pedophile? I mean, he seems to care for Almiria despite him saying that feelings of love and such don't reach him and he even promised Gaelio that she will definitely be happy.

I'm happy that Shino isn't dead. Well, I at least wanted Yamagi to confess before either of them die. :p

So no romantic resolution this season which is good enough but I'm still hoping it's not going to be Mika/Kudelia. I hope there will be a time skip in the second season and we will get to see an older Atra. Well, still don't think she will end up with Mika. :(

Can't wait for the second season!
Mar 27, 2016 7:10 AM
Apr 2014
One of the worst gundams I've ever seen. Way too edgy with little to no character development. 1/10 for the entire series. I think I might have to reconsider being a Gundam fan if all they have to offer now is edgy "step over my friends corpses."
TyrelMar 27, 2016 1:35 PM
Mar 27, 2016 7:19 AM

Oct 2015
That ending was spectacular! I wonder who is going to be the antagonist next season. Maybe a new villain or McGillis?
✦✦✦Join the Bionix club✦✦✦
Mar 27, 2016 7:20 AM

Apr 2015
i will gladly accept akihiro dying than galigali
internet is a cruel mistress
Mar 27, 2016 7:20 AM

Apr 2014
That final fight was awesome and I'm hyped for season 2

I can't wait to see an upgraded form of Barbatos next season and hopefully Mika's eye and hand gets fixed :(

OrangeJPMar 27, 2016 7:31 AM

Mar 27, 2016 7:21 AM

Dec 2011
Woo. Lafter, Azee and Shino are still alive. >.<
I feel bad that Gaelio had to die... but since his actual death is not shown, he can comeback again and take revenge on McGillis.

Looks like Mika has become more one with the Barbatos. He is more of a Gundam than Setsuna (Gundam 00) lol. I expected the ones who will be paralyzed/disabled will be any of the three above, but Mika pays the price. Oh my goodness.

Since Gundam frames are very rare, it looks like we won't see a new mobile suit for Mika, but we would probably get more forms. I hope Tekkadan gets more mobile suits, and I can think of Akihiro's lil bro's friend, especially with the sharp eyed guy becoming another mobile suit pilot.

McGillis is the real evil here (fucking Ribbons of this series). I can't wait to see a timeskip of what happens.

Can't really score this one until I see the whole thing. Yay for second season, and its this fall already!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2016 7:31 AM
Dec 2015
Fiji said:

Since Gundam frames are very rare, it looks like we won't see a new mobile suit for Mika, but we would probably get more forms.

Well, there is this new barbatos form!!

Mar 27, 2016 7:38 AM
Feb 2016
For a moment i thought mcgillis was makishima shogo....damn psychopath D:
Mar 27, 2016 7:47 AM

Nov 2008
That's some of the most major plot armor I've seen in awhile. The fights were excellent though, and I can't wait for the second season. Mika got paralyzed in his right arm, but this is Gundam, so controls can be adapted to those with one usable arm (or no limbs at all if you've seen Thunderbolt).

Mar 27, 2016 7:58 AM

May 2009
I enjoyed this series. Not a fan of the plot armor recently though. How the hell did those girls survive? They basically downplayed Ein's presence in the previous episode and this.

Gaelio went out in a Garma-like fashion. What are the chances of McGillis firing a bazooka at his sister's face?

Got me nervous near the end. I thought Orga would pull a Lockon Stratos.

Yay for Season 2.
ArvsmageddonMar 27, 2016 8:06 AM
Mar 27, 2016 8:01 AM

Jun 2012
Recommendation for Aldnoah Zero: People die.

All right, sign me up!
Mar 27, 2016 8:09 AM
Apr 2013
Stupid show but still entertaining. Can't even take the whole death and politics seriously.
Mar 27, 2016 8:09 AM

Apr 2014
to be continued yeeeeeeeeeeees!!! 2nd season yes yes yes
Mar 27, 2016 8:14 AM

Nov 2013
So with what happened to Mika's eye & arm, I'm getting a subtle feeling he's gonna become a vegetable before this whole this is over. Now to begin waiting for season 2.
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Mar 27, 2016 8:14 AM
Feb 2009
w00t w00t Tekkadan can't wait for season 2
Mar 27, 2016 8:15 AM

Nov 2013
MOAR kits, thx bandai and sunrise for S2.
Mar 27, 2016 8:19 AM

Dec 2013
Well I have to admit that the season 2 announcement made it so that Lafter and the other two surviving was much more probable, as opposed to when we were all expecting the show to end with this episode.

In all I enjoyed it a lot. It's been the first Gundam series in a long long time that the director wasn't afraid of killing off characters and crippling the MC. I wholeheartedly approve of the portrayal of realism here.

And for those seriously trying to ship one or the other, Mika is definitely gonna bang both girls, so why bother. XD

Looking forward to an improved Barbatos, as well as some new Gundam Allies for him and Tekkadan.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 27, 2016 8:44 AM

Feb 2015
great ending overall. great series overall. 9/10
i don't know why, i didn't feel satisfy with the ending but, overal, it was still a great ending. the brotherhood, the relationship is the most thing that i really like from this series. so in the end, Mac Gilis is a bad guys or a good guy. in my view, he is a bad guy. what he did in this episode, to me, it was really cruel. now i'm getting curious for what will happen in the second season.

and i really like Mika's rage as usual. so calm outside, but rage inside. really like that face. he pushed it into the limit line and now he lost his right eye and right hand, but for some reason it' still working if he use barbatos or allya...bla bla bla (the name -_-")

tbh, this is the very first gundam series which i have even watched in my life, and it was a really great show. i really like it. especially how the character development and the action was in balanced so well. really like that and i really enjoyed it. looking foward for the season 2 :D

and i hope to see Mika's Harem in the season 2

Edit: and i'm glad to see Lafter, Azee and Shino are still alive, especially the girls (Lafter and Azee)
Mar 27, 2016 9:04 AM

Jul 2009
Yamagi, Takaki and Ride lived (and obviously Atra, she needs to not die too)! Woohoo! Only problem with season 2 is that it allows for more chances for them to die...damnit. But still looking forward to it!

But damn McGillis...they're totally building him up to be a villain. I don't know how I feel about it because his goals don't seem bad but the means he used were kinda asshole-ish. I mean Gaelio and Carta were definitely wrong just by being on Ghallihorn's side (spoiled rich people) but it there's no way you can get over such a betrayal. McGillis you better at least really treat Almiria right.
Mar 27, 2016 9:13 AM

Dec 2014
Oh man, I can't wait for the second season.
Mar 27, 2016 9:21 AM

Feb 2012
Ein is like a messed up version of Setsuna. He literally became a mobile suit and spouted pseudo-religious rhetoric about Crank being the savior of the ex-CGS kids.

I like how Mikazuki just ignores his words in the fight.
Fortress_MaximusMar 27, 2016 9:33 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 27, 2016 9:35 AM
Oct 2014
I really liked how well done this series has been.

I think we got a great finale, and i actually don't know what they'll do with a whole new season. Yes, there are still some open ended situations, but I'm satisfied.

I'll give it a 9.8/10, and at this moment, it's my new favorite series.,
Mar 27, 2016 9:35 AM
Jun 2008
If there's something we learned from this journey is that POLYGAMY ALWAYS WIN !!
Mar 27, 2016 9:48 AM

Sep 2010
I was giggling when Ein was on angry rant mode and Mika was like "STFU". xD Ein I love you and all, but you really need to shut up.

They didn't show Gaelio's dead body so he is most likely alive.

Glad its getting another season this one was good 8/10
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 27, 2016 10:03 AM
Jun 2008
Roloko said:
I was giggling when Ein was on angry rant mode and Mika was like "STFU". xD Ein I love you and all, but you really need to shut up.

coo coo Ein ? Yeah, I think we all wanted to kill him at that moment.

Mar 27, 2016 10:08 AM

Feb 2015
Surprisingly good final episode for this season, mainly the wrap-up, though I enjoyed the mobile suit battles too.

Still though, the characters and themes were far too mundane and trite for me, I'm going to stick with my 5 rating, though I'm optimistic about the next season. Sunrise should be at least be finished with Thunderbolt by then, so hopefully we'll get more budget, and if McGillis turns out to be the villain for next season, it could prove to have a pretty exciting story.
Mar 27, 2016 10:08 AM

Feb 2013
I felt most battles one-sided, Gjallarhorn was just a punchbag, Tekkadan lost only Biscuit, the ending was a bit too happy for my taste.Well, let's see if season 2 kill some more of these space rats.
Mar 27, 2016 10:14 AM

Apr 2015
I can't believe it's already over. I need more gundam tekketsu no orphans in my life *__*

This episode was pretty good. They answered my questions in episode 24 and actually shino and the girls are alive. That's a good news.

Another thing very interesting was that kudelia will no longer stay with tekkadan. I'm already curious to see how she will handle things by herself.

ps: this alaya vijnana system is going to kill the boys if they keep using it like that. Mika already lost his arm
Mar 27, 2016 10:16 AM
Jan 2015
Psycho_Shin_Ken said:
I felt most battles one-sided, Gjallarhorn was just a punchbag, Tekkadan lost only Biscuit, the ending was a bit too happy for my taste.Well, let's see if season 2 kill some more of these space rats.

This, it was a good season but I was hoping at least Shino or Lafter would bite the dust but oh well this is a good series, a 7/10 imo
Mar 27, 2016 10:33 AM

Jul 2010
Well this have been one of the better Gundam anime in the past 5 years and glad it got a second season, personally I want it to have a time skip of several years to see them as adults but that's just me.
Mar 27, 2016 10:39 AM

Feb 2014
That was fun ride 8/10

I wonder if Mika's arm and eye can be fixed
Mar 27, 2016 10:47 AM

Feb 2015
As pissed as I was when we all thought that Lafter, and Azee had died, I was sad at how that all got addressed. I mean they are covered in blood and all but after re-watching that last episode it just doesn't add up to how they both lived through Ein's attack. BUT WHATEVER IT IS ANIME AFTER ALL.

Also, no hero kiss for Mika, man he's going to have a rough Second season unless he's in the Gundam.
Oh and that Speech made me raise the score back up a number (Also Mika's Fight) I really liked this episode and was so happy to see the ending credit's announce season 2 (Wish I didn't know about it before)

This will be the first anime where I import the Music CD, OMG it was so amazing just hearing that (Really testing my new speakers)

ALSO RIDE WAS ALIVE AFTER ALL, WAS WORRIED THAT HE DIED (Now the wait for the Dub and hope that's done well to even raise my score even more)
FallenUndeadMar 27, 2016 10:51 AM
Mar 27, 2016 10:48 AM

Aug 2012
So good. Hope S2 is good as well.

Roloko said:

He gonna go alya treatment
Mar 27, 2016 10:48 AM

Aug 2014
Awkward.

Minimal interest in second season retained thanks to Mcgillis. More chocolate plotting and less everything else would be nice.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 27, 2016 10:53 AM

Mar 2014
Damnit Gaelio's death wrecked me, damn you McGillis

Glad there will be a second season, let's hope there's a possibility of Kudelia coming back to Tekkadan because Mika and his harem are amusing
Mar 27, 2016 11:04 AM

May 2015
This may sound like I’m a heartless bastard but you are going to tell me that Lafter, Azee and Shino survived that vicious attack (granted they were piloting Gundam frames minus Shino) but come on they were practically unscathed I expected to see them in crutches or wheelchairs if they survived but they were fine and dandy, are you kidding me! Mika got a heavy price for protecting every one he is blind from his right eye and can't move his right arm anymore unless he is inside the Barbatos so this means he can still protect the ones he cherish the most (I can live with that)...

McGillis is not to trust you hear that Tekkadan… He was/is the true villain Bastard, he sacrificed a woman that he knew was in love with him and uses her like a pawn in a game of chess to protect the King (himself) not only that he kills his only friend/best friend (he confirmed that by his own words to Gali Gali farewell speech) and them he poker face his fiancée Almiria (Gali Gali sister) like it was nothing. Damn, Son! Hope she figure this out and take him down in the future it would be poetic justice…
Roy_FockerMar 27, 2016 11:10 AM
Mar 27, 2016 11:09 AM
Aug 2015
Okay, I can safely say, Chocolate Mcgillis is as Char as the original Char, if not more Char.
Mar 27, 2016 11:11 AM

Mar 2012
The mobile suit battle between McGillis and Gaelio's was just cruel, jesus. I wanted Gaelio and McGillis to team up with Tekkaden and let him be the right hand man instead of that Hitler dude. Ahhh what a shame

I liked Ein in the beginning until he went insane, glad Mikazuki finished him off once and for all.i

I'm still cheering for Mikazuki and Atra ending, if not, harem ending is good too. I want season 2 already, I wonder if it's gonna be a timeskip in season 2
CEOAmaterasuMar 27, 2016 11:23 AM
Mar 27, 2016 11:17 AM
May 2015
I thought this was a solid ending to to really solid show, hyped for season 2!!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2016

148 by wallus81 »»
May 3, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

176 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 25, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 24, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 23, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.