Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2016 9:13 AM

Dec 2014
Oh man, I can't wait for the second season.
Mar 27, 2016 9:21 AM

Feb 2012
Ein is like a messed up version of Setsuna. He literally became a mobile suit and spouted pseudo-religious rhetoric about Crank being the savior of the ex-CGS kids.

I like how Mikazuki just ignores his words in the fight.
Fortress_MaximusMar 27, 2016 9:33 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 27, 2016 9:35 AM
Oct 2014
I really liked how well done this series has been.

I think we got a great finale, and i actually don't know what they'll do with a whole new season. Yes, there are still some open ended situations, but I'm satisfied.

I'll give it a 9.8/10, and at this moment, it's my new favorite series.,
Mar 27, 2016 9:35 AM
Jun 2008
If there's something we learned from this journey is that POLYGAMY ALWAYS WIN !!
Mar 27, 2016 9:48 AM

Sep 2010
I was giggling when Ein was on angry rant mode and Mika was like "STFU". xD Ein I love you and all, but you really need to shut up.

They didn't show Gaelio's dead body so he is most likely alive.

Glad its getting another season this one was good 8/10
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 27, 2016 10:03 AM
Jun 2008
Roloko said:
I was giggling when Ein was on angry rant mode and Mika was like "STFU". xD Ein I love you and all, but you really need to shut up.

coo coo Ein ? Yeah, I think we all wanted to kill him at that moment.

Mar 27, 2016 10:08 AM

Feb 2015
Surprisingly good final episode for this season, mainly the wrap-up, though I enjoyed the mobile suit battles too.

Still though, the characters and themes were far too mundane and trite for me, I'm going to stick with my 5 rating, though I'm optimistic about the next season. Sunrise should be at least be finished with Thunderbolt by then, so hopefully we'll get more budget, and if McGillis turns out to be the villain for next season, it could prove to have a pretty exciting story.
Mar 27, 2016 10:08 AM

Feb 2013
I felt most battles one-sided, Gjallarhorn was just a punchbag, Tekkadan lost only Biscuit, the ending was a bit too happy for my taste.Well, let's see if season 2 kill some more of these space rats.
Mar 27, 2016 10:14 AM

Apr 2015
I can't believe it's already over. I need more gundam tekketsu no orphans in my life *__*

This episode was pretty good. They answered my questions in episode 24 and actually shino and the girls are alive. That's a good news.

Another thing very interesting was that kudelia will no longer stay with tekkadan. I'm already curious to see how she will handle things by herself.

ps: this alaya vijnana system is going to kill the boys if they keep using it like that. Mika already lost his arm
Mar 27, 2016 10:16 AM
Jan 2015
Psycho_Shin_Ken said:
I felt most battles one-sided, Gjallarhorn was just a punchbag, Tekkadan lost only Biscuit, the ending was a bit too happy for my taste.Well, let's see if season 2 kill some more of these space rats.

This, it was a good season but I was hoping at least Shino or Lafter would bite the dust but oh well this is a good series, a 7/10 imo
Mar 27, 2016 10:33 AM

Jul 2010
Well this have been one of the better Gundam anime in the past 5 years and glad it got a second season, personally I want it to have a time skip of several years to see them as adults but that's just me.
Mar 27, 2016 10:39 AM

Feb 2014
That was fun ride 8/10

I wonder if Mika's arm and eye can be fixed
Mar 27, 2016 10:47 AM

Feb 2015
As pissed as I was when we all thought that Lafter, and Azee had died, I was sad at how that all got addressed. I mean they are covered in blood and all but after re-watching that last episode it just doesn't add up to how they both lived through Ein's attack. BUT WHATEVER IT IS ANIME AFTER ALL.

Also, no hero kiss for Mika, man he's going to have a rough Second season unless he's in the Gundam.
Oh and that Speech made me raise the score back up a number (Also Mika's Fight) I really liked this episode and was so happy to see the ending credit's announce season 2 (Wish I didn't know about it before)

This will be the first anime where I import the Music CD, OMG it was so amazing just hearing that (Really testing my new speakers)

ALSO RIDE WAS ALIVE AFTER ALL, WAS WORRIED THAT HE DIED (Now the wait for the Dub and hope that's done well to even raise my score even more)
FallenUndeadMar 27, 2016 10:51 AM
Mar 27, 2016 10:48 AM

Aug 2012
So good. Hope S2 is good as well.

Roloko said:

He gonna go alya treatment
Mar 27, 2016 10:48 AM

Aug 2014
Awkward.

Minimal interest in second season retained thanks to Mcgillis. More chocolate plotting and less everything else would be nice.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 27, 2016 10:53 AM

Mar 2014
Damnit Gaelio's death wrecked me, damn you McGillis

Glad there will be a second season, let's hope there's a possibility of Kudelia coming back to Tekkadan because Mika and his harem are amusing
Mar 27, 2016 11:04 AM

May 2015
This may sound like I’m a heartless bastard but you are going to tell me that Lafter, Azee and Shino survived that vicious attack (granted they were piloting Gundam frames minus Shino) but come on they were practically unscathed I expected to see them in crutches or wheelchairs if they survived but they were fine and dandy, are you kidding me! Mika got a heavy price for protecting every one he is blind from his right eye and can't move his right arm anymore unless he is inside the Barbatos so this means he can still protect the ones he cherish the most (I can live with that)...

McGillis is not to trust you hear that Tekkadan… He was/is the true villain Bastard, he sacrificed a woman that he knew was in love with him and uses her like a pawn in a game of chess to protect the King (himself) not only that he kills his only friend/best friend (he confirmed that by his own words to Gali Gali farewell speech) and them he poker face his fiancée Almiria (Gali Gali sister) like it was nothing. Damn, Son! Hope she figure this out and take him down in the future it would be poetic justice…
Roy_FockerMar 27, 2016 11:10 AM
Mar 27, 2016 11:09 AM
Aug 2015
Okay, I can safely say, Chocolate Mcgillis is as Char as the original Char, if not more Char.
Mar 27, 2016 11:11 AM

Mar 2012
The mobile suit battle between McGillis and Gaelio's was just cruel, jesus. I wanted Gaelio and McGillis to team up with Tekkaden and let him be the right hand man instead of that Hitler dude. Ahhh what a shame

I liked Ein in the beginning until he went insane, glad Mikazuki finished him off once and for all.i

I'm still cheering for Mikazuki and Atra ending, if not, harem ending is good too. I want season 2 already, I wonder if it's gonna be a timeskip in season 2
CEOAmaterasuMar 27, 2016 11:23 AM
Mar 27, 2016 11:17 AM
May 2015
I thought this was a solid ending to to really solid show, hyped for season 2!!
Mar 27, 2016 11:35 AM

Jul 2009
Simplier is the best.

8/10

wonder who will be s2 plot
bruh
Mar 27, 2016 11:43 AM

Oct 2013
ein was an even more useless antagonist than jerid and chronicle
I mean holy shit he SUCKED

prediction for s2: galigali will return and will assist tekkaden in overthrowing chocochar
Mar 27, 2016 11:45 AM

Aug 2013
Better than expected. After G no Reconguista my expectations for new Gundam was reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy low.

First time saw Kudelia i was already annoyed with the prospect of another crap character like Releena from Gundam Wing ( she is the 2° on my most hated characters ever created) . Glad I was wrong.

Will watch season 2 for sure.

8/10 (would go with 8.5 if possible )
Mar 27, 2016 11:55 AM

Mar 2013
well the ending was a little weak but the climax wasn't bad.... even if on a whole, this series has seen better days.
Mar 27, 2016 11:57 AM

Sep 2011
Brobot said:
now thats taking it a bit far, ein actually put up a fight and caused permenant damage on mika thats likley the start of him progressively losing function of his body, jerid got pushed into a ship blowing up after getting the fucking surprise attack on kammile.

I do agree that even if i am happy that they are alive as i like the characters, they should of had ein kill off named characters, its kind of the same problem ZZ had with retconning named characters deaths in favor of killing off literal who villains

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 27, 2016 11:58 AM
Feb 2016
Bullshit ending. Still nothing between Kudelia and Mika! I know that romance isn't in the main focus but even so, after that kiss nothing happed between them, do they even feel anything for each other!? Other than that, it was pretty weak episode escpecialy for last one!
Mar 27, 2016 12:10 PM

Mar 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Brobot said:
now thats taking it a bit far, ein actually put up a fight and caused permenant damage on mika thats likley the start of him progressively losing function of his body, jerid got pushed into a ship blowing up after getting the fucking surprise attack on kammile.

I do agree that even if i am happy that they are alive as i like the characters, they should of had ein kill off named characters, its kind of the same problem ZZ had with retconning named characters deaths in favor of killing off literal who villains

hey remember that time Kamille kicked a cripple's ass and threw him off a mountain?

that cripple was Jerid.

so I don't see how anybody could advance the argument that Ein was even more useless
Mar 27, 2016 12:18 PM

Sep 2009
Thought it was a good end to the season. I was curious to see how they would end it since it seemed like there was so much left and only one episode to go. Though having a second season now clears a lot of that one as well.

This was probably my first Gundam that I watched as new episodes aired so I did really enjoy it. I'll probably try to catch up on a few other Gundams until the second season comes out.
Mar 27, 2016 12:22 PM

Jun 2014
A very solid end to the first cour. McGillis was insane. I loved how he destroyed Gaelio, but most of all I enjoyed Ein's death. I would've liked to see him torn apart by Mika's sword, but either way it was good. I am glad that none of the girls died, because I was sad that I won't be seeing them again. The next season will be heavenly. A lot of developments will go down.
Mar 27, 2016 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
Enjoyable ending to an enjoyable series and glad that season 2's coming. Hopefully then we'll see more of the flashback of Mika and Orga. Here's hoping Orga also becomes a better leader, too.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 27, 2016 12:28 PM
Sep 2014
Woooooooooo

8/10

Although i was hoping ein would put up a better fight

Season2 hypeeeeeeeeee
Upgraded barbatos hypeeeeeee
Mar 27, 2016 1:08 PM
May 2014
So McGillis bascily spelled out what I thought he was planning.
Though, the way he talked to Gaelio and his father makes me think there is actually some longer, deeper plan involved.
By the way, it might just have been me, but did McGillis miss the cockpit? To me it looked like he stabbed slightly to the right.

I must say I am a sucker for happy endings, so I am happy that Azee and Lafter are still alive.

If Arbau wants Tekkadan as it's military advisors, why are they leaving?
Mar 27, 2016 1:30 PM

Jul 2015
People didn't seems to care that much that mika can't see with his right eyes and fucked his arm up, great anime, i enjoyed it a lot, hype for season 2, i give this show a 8/10
Mar 27, 2016 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
Mika vs Ein was so epic!

Good to see season 2 is confirmed!
Mar 27, 2016 1:53 PM

Sep 2008
Gali Gali Will Return

...with asspull Car Tissue survival; she fell asleep into a coma.
Mar 27, 2016 1:59 PM

Feb 2012
Mika is one of the best MCs I've seen in awhile.
Looks like they're saving the bigger deaths and final true boss for the next season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2016 2:06 PM

Sep 2012
A lot of build up for this last episode and not much delivery. McGillis vs Gaelio was more interesting than lunatic Ein vs Mika.. Ein was just irritating the entire time kicking Mika's ass but we all know who the winner from that fight.

Glad to see there's a second season but I hope they can step it up.
Mar 27, 2016 2:06 PM

Dec 2015
It was entertaining and I had fun watching it. Glad to see it is getting a 2nd season and refreshing after Reconguista which was a huge disappointment

There were some boring episodes and it took some time until it got interesting. But I liked the "brother stuff" between Mika and Orga and Orga and Naze Turbine. Politics were interesting and better understandable than in Reconguista.

I also liked the fights and the end fight with Ein and McGillis vs. Gaelio.

8/10 for me and this episodes is 5/5. Good ending - would also have worked find as a final episode without 2nd season.
Mar 27, 2016 2:11 PM

Aug 2008
ButtSlapper said:

stop touching my cutie's butt you piece of shit

I lol'd.

Anyway, meh-ish episode. It seems like there will be a next season, but I'm not sure if I'll watch it.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 27, 2016 2:14 PM

Mar 2008
That was uninspiring. I thought the Lt. Crank thing stayed around for far too long.

Inb4 Gaelio comes back with a mask and is actually the Char.
Mar 27, 2016 2:20 PM

Jan 2015
What clean ending. Very sad to that the anime took the easy way out.

All that cycle of revenge, and violence, stuff is bullshit since the main characters just overcame it like that? Mika rekt and killed Carta, so the next episode SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE JUXTAPOSITION of Tekkadan now receiving casualties in the same manner, on top of those kids willingly committing suicide via being distractions.

But no, we got the usual Shonen bullshit, and only the manipulated Gaelio, and Ein, suffer at the hands of corruption, and violence.

I mean seriously, YOU COULDN'T KILL OFF EVEN ONE OF THOSE THREE CHARACTERS?!?! This creative team sure is a cowardly lot.

Sure Kudelia would've succeeded in her mission, but Tekkadan should've been in shambles, and distraught after that horrific battle.

6/10 for the episode, mainly because of McGillis, Kudelia's speech and the battles. McGillis saved this season finale, and he is the ONLY, ONLY, ONLY reason to look forward to season 2. Nothing else is interesting enough, but him.
Mar 27, 2016 2:34 PM

Jan 2015
NorthBayAnime said:
Woooooooooo

8/10

Season2 hypeeeeeeeeee

It's that Shonen BS that was why Ein got rekt at the end. Why couldn't Ein just pull off the same trick Mika? Because Mika is the protagonist.
Mar 27, 2016 2:38 PM

Jan 2015
Brobot said:

prediction for s2: galigali will return and will assist tekkaden in overthrowing chocochar
It's not his fault the creative time too scared, and shameless, to follow thru on their actual themes, and ideas.
Mar 27, 2016 2:40 PM

Nov 2012
First half=7/10.
Second half=6/10.
Ending=7/10.

Overall I'll give this a 7/10 despite the weaker second half of this show.
Mar 27, 2016 2:57 PM
Nov 2010
This is a nice Gundam anime, it contains everything that's expected of it yet it still stayed genuine and interesting. It was pretty enjoyable and I look forward to the next season.
Mar 27, 2016 3:00 PM

Aug 2013
Man this was one of the most enjoyable anime I've watched in a long time. Cannot wait for season 2. Definitely gonna have to rewatch this sometime. 9/10
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 27, 2016 3:26 PM

Dec 2010
Kuudelia: *rubs head* Because we're family.

LOL did she just friendzone Mika?

Good show, brings across the futility of war and deceiving nature of men quite well.
Mar 27, 2016 3:46 PM

Jun 2010
good stuff son, good stuff.

The man McGillis is on a war path of revenge.
Now I really want to know his backstory, for him to be able to kill his childhood friends in order to achieve his dream means some real shit must have gone down in his youth.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Mar 27, 2016 3:55 PM
Jan 2015
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
What clean ending. Very sad to that the anime took the easy way out.

All that cycle of revenge, and violence, stuff is bullshit since the main characters just overcame it like that? Mika rekt and killed Carta, so the next episode SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE JUXTAPOSITION of Tekkadan now receiving casualties in the same manner, on top of those kids willingly committing suicide via being distractions.

But no, we got the usual Shonen bullshit, and only the manipulated Gaelio, and Ein, suffer at the hands of corruption, and violence.

I mean seriously, YOU COULDN'T KILL OFF EVEN ONE OF THOSE THREE CHARACTERS?!?! This creative team sure is a cowardly lot.

Sure Kudelia would've succeeded in her mission, but Tekkadan should've been in shambles, and distraught after that horrific battle.

6/10 for the episode, mainly because of McGillis, Kudelia's speech and the battles. McGillis saved this season finale, and he is the ONLY, ONLY, ONLY reason to look forward to season 2. Nothing else is interesting enough, but him.

Personally I don't see it as cycle of revenge but more about motivation, sure both the Tek kids and Ein let revenge fuel their emotion but the difference between them is that the Tek kids didn't let revenge turn them into monsters, sure they were more pragmatic but they did have goals that weren't based on revenge and pretty much fought for a better life unlike Ein who threw away any chance of him living a normal life and sacrifice his humanity for power.
Mar 27, 2016 4:11 PM

Apr 2014
Mcgillis is probably the best char clone I've seen out of all the Gundam series. Really excited to see what's in store for us in the second season.
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
NorthBayAnime said:
Woooooooooo

8/10

Season2 hypeeeeeeeeee

It's that Shonen BS that was why Ein got rekt at the end. Why couldn't Ein just pull off the same trick Mika? Because Mika is the protagonist.

Because Mika has the better robot. There's your answer.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2016

148 by wallus81 »»
May 3, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

176 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 25, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 24, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 23, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.