Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2016 2:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah and there's the finale.

A good series overall and they managed to capitalize on a lot of the action for what's worth. It got a season 2 green lit as well! Exciting, can't wait to see how that will be be like this year :D 8/10, fun show, good story, and overall quite well made. Dat bromance and teamwork.

Stark700Mar 27, 2016 3:03 AM
Mar 27, 2016 2:26 AM
Aug 2012
Relieved to see Shino, Lafter, and Azee are all alive after that savage attack from Ein.

The episode was delayed 30 minute before airing.

K-AnimeMar 27, 2016 3:25 PM
Mar 27, 2016 2:35 AM

Mar 2014

stop touching my cutie's butt you piece of shit
Mar 27, 2016 2:38 AM

Aug 2011
Can't wait for season 2.

Mika got blind from his right eye and can't move his right arm anymore.
CrazyFrogzMar 27, 2016 2:59 AM
Mar 27, 2016 4:35 AM

Apr 2015
That was a nice ending for their first job, woo man what a ride. There was less death than I expected but I guess that's what season two is for, right? Also, McGillis is freaken heartless.
Mar 27, 2016 4:36 AM

Nov 2009
I expected some major deaths to be confirmed in this episode, but instead none of the important Tekkadan/Turbines characters died, Lafter, Azzie and Shino all survived, eh. So that the creators have people to kill off in s2?

The one I feel sorry for the most is Gaelio, he had to die knowing that McGillis betrayed him and worried about his sister. McGillis is a sociopath, saying himself that feelings like love and friendship don't reach him, that is, he is stunned emotionally and can't feel like a normal person, it seems...

Mika pushing Barbatos and himself to outer limits looked incredibly cool, but damn, it sucks that he lost the use of his right arm when he's not in Barbatos (he said it will move once he's connected to his Gundam), and his right eye hardly sees anything anymore...

And as usual, he sends totally mixed signals on which of the girls he's developing romantic feelings for. He reacted sharply when Ein said that he will take revenge on "that woman" (meaning Kudelia), but afterwards he was showing appreciation the bracelet Arta made for him... Agh, and now my nagging question of "WHICH ONE" won't be answered until fall or even winter, if at all... damn...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Mar 27, 2016 4:43 AM

Jan 2016
...Eh. I expected much more.
So for a while now they'd been building up the whole revenge thing. All the kids were talking about revenge. So, out pops up a guy whose only motivation is revenge, he attacks some named characters and heavily wounds them. Perfect, right? We can show the effects of the cycle of revenge! But no, they're actually just fine and dandy. Out the window that aspect goes.

The children that had been emotionally wounded by all this war stuff? Who craved only vengeance? They're fiiiine.
"they're still brats lmao"

McGillis was a huge asshole, hopefully we get to see his comeuppance next season. He was interesting. Mika, however, wasn't. Hopefully next season we get to actually see Mika have emotions instead of everyone just going "no you guys hes totally developing emotions i swear".

Kudelia's character arc reaches its conclusion, and that was much more interesting than anything else in this episode, with the exception of McGillis' master keikaku.
It seems that, as always, the actually interesting characters carried the show on their back.

All in all, i think this show didn't use most of its potential, but it still ended up enjoyable. I had fun, but i wouldn't necessarily reccomend it to everyone.
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Mar 27, 2016 4:46 AM
Dec 2014
Hold on Very confuse did this episode just confirm Mika is Big boss now ? If so Very hype.
Mar 27, 2016 4:59 AM

Apr 2012
Now that was a fun ride. Totally enjoyed it!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 27, 2016 5:03 AM

Sep 2013
Well the ending episode was nice. A pretty solid series overall, and while I feel it lost of a fair bit of steam after the first half ended, towards the end it regained all of the momentum and delivered an exciting finale. Most of the plot threads were decently tied together though the political discussion I'd prefer had lasted a bit longer. They kind of rushed it. Should have used more of the episode runtime for it since it was kind of skimmed over and how everything was solved seemed a bit too easy in that regard

Mika going overdrive was awesome. The Barbatos still has a few tricks up its sleeve it seems.

The best part of it all is that there will be a second season though. Some of the plot points were left wide open like the Mc Gillis case. I have a feeling he'll be the next 'villain' of sorts. The second season could end up being horrible knowing the history of Gundam... but I'll hope for the best. 7/10 for this season
cupcMar 27, 2016 5:07 AM
Mar 27, 2016 5:05 AM
Dec 2011
Gali isn't dead. His death hasn't been shown yet, so he is probably still alive.

We also have to consider that he may have an important role in season 2, as a solo terrorist fighting against Mcdick.

So I am going to pray he survived to wage revenge for Carta.

Ein is most likely alive, can definitely see him working alongside Tekkaden, after an episode of explaining and consoling.

Gonna be Mcdick vs Mikazuki crew in season 2
Love breeds sacrifice, sacrifice breeds hatred. Then you will know Pain.
Mar 27, 2016 5:16 AM
Dec 2015
I expected much more. I just liked the Kudelia´s speech, the battle of Mika x Ein and McGuillis x Gaelio. Damn.. McGuillis will be a problem on the future. He is so heartless!!! :/

The harem´s final was so cute and funny! hahahah! Now they are oficially a family <3

Can´t wait for the 2 season!!!!!! MY BODY IS READYYYYYY
Mar 27, 2016 5:24 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I laughed when i saw Azee and Lafter alive. What the hell, that wasn't well written.

I can't assume that Gaelio is dead now either. I certainly hope, he is not. He was the most honest and passionate character in this series.

McGillis will certainly be interesting in the second season, but for now, he dropped the ball for me.

7/10
Mar 27, 2016 5:24 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I love how Mika didn't give a fuck about Ein's annoying speech in the middle of the battle, there should be more scenes like this in other anime. Stupid speech in the middle of battle is stupid

McGillis is going to be main antagonist next, I'm pretty sure of it, he is a char after all.

Hope there would be a year or more timeskip between this and 2nd season, more grown-up Tekkadan members would be great to see

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 27, 2016 5:30 AM

Apr 2015
Gonna give this an 8 just cause there's a season 2. But for a final episode, it was kinda disappointing tbh. Would've been better if there were a few dead among tekkadan and not all of them survived out of nowhere. Regardless, can't wait for season 2!

P.s. I don't think gaelio's dead. It was kinda ambiguous
Mar 27, 2016 5:31 AM
Feb 2015
Mika might just be one of the best Gundam protagonist to date. I'm glad he didn't give in to Ein's annoying speech, and still brutalized him. McGillis took his evil evolution to the next stage already though i'm somewhat sad for Almiria. Still Mika and McGillis fight efficiently, a stab to the cockpit.

The fact that no one dies here means we'll get our sacrificial lambs on Season 2 i suppose.
Mar 27, 2016 5:36 AM

Nov 2014
makes, mcgillis turning into there next villain, tekkadan growing up n large in numbers, season 2 bring it on
Mar 27, 2016 5:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
WOOOOO HOOOOOO S2 CONFIRMED

Chocolate Aznable is really one hardcore dude, like I completely support his idealology and most of his actions, but seeing him kill his only/best friend was tough to see....RIP Gali Gali

The fight between Mika and Ein was really great and I like that there wasn't any bullshit involved since Ein pretty much opened the possibility of the AV system having a deeper connection (Plus they alluded to/foreshadowed this possibility from the beginning anyway) and as such Mika just followed suit AND FINALLY HE LEARNED HOW TO USE THE FUCKING SWORD LOL....Fuck you Ein

The speech by Kudelia was perfect and seeing Chocolate's dad and that ugly old ass bitch (Dat wig LOLOLOLOL) get REKT was so damn satisfying....Glad to see that the old man won and that Gjallarhorn are getting exposed for the cunts that they are at heart currently

Last but not least, what really made me happy is that the people that I wanted to live survived and that BAE IS STILL ALIVE :''') (That is, until We starts and they all did lol FML) Seeing everyone come together at the end made me smile even though there weren't any romance moments....But maybe Azee has a crush on someone else? That moment with Pimp Felilini was great too

All in all, that was a very satisfying conclusion for the first half of the series and I'm very happy for Tekkadan....Lol at the part with Kudelia and Atra rubbing Mika's hair xD

Easy 9/10
TokoyaMar 27, 2016 5:47 AM
Mar 27, 2016 5:44 AM
Oct 2012
Wow season 2 confirmed, Azee and Lafter not dead at least, Fareed is the true savage if IBO doing things Char-style that final battle was too damn epic and am I horrible for laughing at Gaelio's face of despair? Sad for what happened to Mika but at least Ein got rekt, great finale overall, Gundam is back on the right track again, 8/10 for me...now on to more UC greatness with the TV edition of Unicorn!
Mar 27, 2016 5:46 AM
Jul 2015
Great way to end the season. Just a great episode overall and I can't wait for season 2.
Mar 27, 2016 5:49 AM

Jun 2013
I should have known they were just "scare deaths".

Jesus Christ. I'm not gonna be able to look past this one. Really poor decision for a Gundam show, I am blaming Okada.

6-7/10
Mar 27, 2016 5:54 AM

Jul 2013
Looks like no one died after all lol. Not that I'm complaining. More sacrifice options for S2

I wonder about McGillis being the next villain with the current Gjallarhorn and all. Too bad about Mika's right eye and arm though he can still use them when connected to Barbatos. Orga developed as a character as said by the old man and when he quit acting tough in front of Mika by asking him what to do next when it's usually Mika who asks that.

Mar 27, 2016 5:59 AM
Jan 2016
As GhostofSide6 said prior to me, I am somewhat disappointed at how "lightly" they treated the whole devil-Ein created from the Tekkadan's revenge. It did scar Mikazuki, but that was it. I was expecting something... way dignified.
That WHOLE POINT OF THE SERIES aside, I am looking forward to the next season, though what they can pull out now is a wonder...
Mar 27, 2016 6:04 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ex_necross said:

Jesus Christ. I'm not gonna be able to look past this one. Really poor decision for a Gundam show, I am blaming Okada.

6-7/10
You should know better as a veteran Gundam fan....They're all gonna die in S2 lol, chill
Mar 27, 2016 6:09 AM

Jun 2013
Tokoya said:
ex_necross said:

6-7/10
You should know better as a veteran Gundam fan....They're all gonna die in S2 lol, chill

Hopefully, but I don't think Okada does the whole mass killing thing. I've only seen a couple of her shows, but I don't remember any deaths.
Mar 27, 2016 6:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Tokoya said:
ex_necross said:

6-7/10
She's never done a series like this before either but I'm confident that she'll come around to it quite nicely
Mar 27, 2016 6:21 AM

Aug 2008
Pretty good Gundam. Poor Gaelio.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 27, 2016 6:29 AM

Aug 2010
Kinda disappointing that none of those 3 from last ep died but Ein is a scrub and a f***n annoying loser and Lafter is <3 So meh I'll look over it.

Mika vs Ein was cool. The way he was ignoring his glamorous speeches throughout the fight was lol
Loved the way he REKT him in the end. Barbatosa with the katana is best Barbatosa.

Mika's "I can't see with this eye and my hand is done for that's it" so nonchalantly was so lol

Fav part of the ep was Gali Gali getting mindfucked by Ferrid lol...He's such an asshole, love him XD "Don't worry I'll take care of ur imouto" and then hugging her later. Confirmed for lolicon 100%

Atra is too cute and Dat consoling head pat was adorable <3

Awesome Brofist at the end. Quite surprised Orga didn't die ^^; Well can't wait for S2
Mar 27, 2016 6:30 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ein's death was necessary and extremely satisfying. His non-stop talking had me considering the mute button more than once.

McGillis is not only a nasty, cunning villain, but a confirmed lolicon. Look forward to seeing him cause mayhem next season.

I think I've enjoyed this more than most. After the disappointment that was Reconguista I think I had low expectactions and this easily surpassed them.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 27, 2016 6:32 AM

Feb 2014
Ein: You sinful kid who killed Crank-nii
Mika: Who's that?

LOOOOL That was damn funny!! xD

- It was sad to see Mika losing his right hand and right eye. Also happy that Lafter, Azee and Shino didn't die.

- Overall, it was a fun show with lots of hyping scenes. Can't wait for Season 2 which will be after half a year but still, having a 2nd season just means that THIS time, they'll prepare "MANY" deaths for us.

ALSO I REALLY HOPE THIS TIME THEY PUT ENOUGH BUDGET FOR THE ANIME.
Mar 27, 2016 6:34 AM
Oct 2012
When you see people about Azee, Lafter and Shino's deats just being scares, remember this is Gundam and they will most probably be killed off in season 2 LOL
Mar 27, 2016 7:05 AM

Jan 2008
Nice episode to wrap up the first season. I feel bad for Gaelio. He had to die at the hand of his friend and after discovering the ugly truth. It especially made me sad when he mentioned Carta and how she was in love with McGillis. Well, I knew that McGillis was aware of her feelings for him and used that for his own agenda. Um, and is McGillis really a pedophile? I mean, he seems to care for Almiria despite him saying that feelings of love and such don't reach him and he even promised Gaelio that she will definitely be happy.

I'm happy that Shino isn't dead. Well, I at least wanted Yamagi to confess before either of them die. :p

So no romantic resolution this season which is good enough but I'm still hoping it's not going to be Mika/Kudelia. I hope there will be a time skip in the second season and we will get to see an older Atra. Well, still don't think she will end up with Mika. :(

Can't wait for the second season!
Mar 27, 2016 7:10 AM
Apr 2014
One of the worst gundams I've ever seen. Way too edgy with little to no character development. 1/10 for the entire series. I think I might have to reconsider being a Gundam fan if all they have to offer now is edgy "step over my friends corpses."
TyrelMar 27, 2016 1:35 PM
Mar 27, 2016 7:19 AM

Oct 2015
That ending was spectacular! I wonder who is going to be the antagonist next season. Maybe a new villain or McGillis?
✦✦✦Join the Bionix club✦✦✦
Mar 27, 2016 7:20 AM

Apr 2015
i will gladly accept akihiro dying than galigali
internet is a cruel mistress
Mar 27, 2016 7:20 AM

Apr 2014
That final fight was awesome and I'm hyped for season 2

I can't wait to see an upgraded form of Barbatos next season and hopefully Mika's eye and hand gets fixed :(

OrangeJPMar 27, 2016 7:31 AM

Mar 27, 2016 7:21 AM

Dec 2011
Woo. Lafter, Azee and Shino are still alive. >.<
I feel bad that Gaelio had to die... but since his actual death is not shown, he can comeback again and take revenge on McGillis.

Looks like Mika has become more one with the Barbatos. He is more of a Gundam than Setsuna (Gundam 00) lol. I expected the ones who will be paralyzed/disabled will be any of the three above, but Mika pays the price. Oh my goodness.

Since Gundam frames are very rare, it looks like we won't see a new mobile suit for Mika, but we would probably get more forms. I hope Tekkadan gets more mobile suits, and I can think of Akihiro's lil bro's friend, especially with the sharp eyed guy becoming another mobile suit pilot.

McGillis is the real evil here (fucking Ribbons of this series). I can't wait to see a timeskip of what happens.

Can't really score this one until I see the whole thing. Yay for second season, and its this fall already!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2016 7:31 AM
Dec 2015
Fiji said:

Since Gundam frames are very rare, it looks like we won't see a new mobile suit for Mika, but we would probably get more forms.

Well, there is this new barbatos form!!

Mar 27, 2016 7:38 AM
Feb 2016
For a moment i thought mcgillis was makishima shogo....damn psychopath D:
Mar 27, 2016 7:47 AM

Nov 2008
That's some of the most major plot armor I've seen in awhile. The fights were excellent though, and I can't wait for the second season. Mika got paralyzed in his right arm, but this is Gundam, so controls can be adapted to those with one usable arm (or no limbs at all if you've seen Thunderbolt).

Mar 27, 2016 7:58 AM

May 2009
I enjoyed this series. Not a fan of the plot armor recently though. How the hell did those girls survive? They basically downplayed Ein's presence in the previous episode and this.

Gaelio went out in a Garma-like fashion. What are the chances of McGillis firing a bazooka at his sister's face?

Got me nervous near the end. I thought Orga would pull a Lockon Stratos.

Yay for Season 2.
ArvsmageddonMar 27, 2016 8:06 AM
Mar 27, 2016 8:01 AM

Jun 2012
Recommendation for Aldnoah Zero: People die.

All right, sign me up!
Mar 27, 2016 8:09 AM
Apr 2013
Stupid show but still entertaining. Can't even take the whole death and politics seriously.
Mar 27, 2016 8:09 AM

Apr 2014
to be continued yeeeeeeeeeeees!!! 2nd season yes yes yes
Mar 27, 2016 8:14 AM

Nov 2013
So with what happened to Mika's eye & arm, I'm getting a subtle feeling he's gonna become a vegetable before this whole this is over. Now to begin waiting for season 2.
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Mar 27, 2016 8:14 AM
Feb 2009
w00t w00t Tekkadan can't wait for season 2
Mar 27, 2016 8:15 AM

Nov 2013
MOAR kits, thx bandai and sunrise for S2.
Mar 27, 2016 8:19 AM

Dec 2013
Well I have to admit that the season 2 announcement made it so that Lafter and the other two surviving was much more probable, as opposed to when we were all expecting the show to end with this episode.

In all I enjoyed it a lot. It's been the first Gundam series in a long long time that the director wasn't afraid of killing off characters and crippling the MC. I wholeheartedly approve of the portrayal of realism here.

And for those seriously trying to ship one or the other, Mika is definitely gonna bang both girls, so why bother. XD

Looking forward to an improved Barbatos, as well as some new Gundam Allies for him and Tekkadan.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 27, 2016 8:44 AM

Feb 2015
great ending overall. great series overall. 9/10
i don't know why, i didn't feel satisfy with the ending but, overal, it was still a great ending. the brotherhood, the relationship is the most thing that i really like from this series. so in the end, Mac Gilis is a bad guys or a good guy. in my view, he is a bad guy. what he did in this episode, to me, it was really cruel. now i'm getting curious for what will happen in the second season.

and i really like Mika's rage as usual. so calm outside, but rage inside. really like that face. he pushed it into the limit line and now he lost his right eye and right hand, but for some reason it' still working if he use barbatos or allya...bla bla bla (the name -_-")

tbh, this is the very first gundam series which i have even watched in my life, and it was a really great show. i really like it. especially how the character development and the action was in balanced so well. really like that and i really enjoyed it. looking foward for the season 2 :D

and i hope to see Mika's Harem in the season 2

Edit: and i'm glad to see Lafter, Azee and Shino are still alive, especially the girls (Lafter and Azee)
Mar 27, 2016 9:04 AM

Jul 2009
Yamagi, Takaki and Ride lived (and obviously Atra, she needs to not die too)! Woohoo! Only problem with season 2 is that it allows for more chances for them to die...damnit. But still looking forward to it!

But damn McGillis...they're totally building him up to be a villain. I don't know how I feel about it because his goals don't seem bad but the means he used were kinda asshole-ish. I mean Gaelio and Carta were definitely wrong just by being on Ghallihorn's side (spoiled rich people) but it there's no way you can get over such a betrayal. McGillis you better at least really treat Almiria right.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

284 by Pe11etS »»
Apr 8, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

168 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

84 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.