Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 6, 2018 5:16 AM

Jul 2016
A confession in the first episode?! Holy shit.
Dec 6, 2018 6:51 PM

Apr 2011
Well this looks promising. The animation is top tier too.

Man deserves a pat in the back after waiting for a month but just got rejected by Koito.
Dec 13, 2018 7:27 PM

Apr 2014
wow just the first ep and already this is a great anime Adaptation, the art style is pretty much like the manga not to mention the overall animation and all is amazing , the music fits really good the voice are pretty much what i expected

and its just amazing

i had only started reading the manga earlier this year as i was looking for something since citrus was ending and happen to find this series and have to say i really do like it over citrus but i still do like citrus alot (glad its getting a sequel)

but anyway this Adaptation is already beautiful and looking forward to watching it
"one step at a time"
Dec 19, 2018 11:26 PM

Jun 2009
wtf that was WAY too fast :/
Dec 21, 2018 3:38 PM

Jan 2012
so from memory I don't believe I have watched any Yuri based anime so this is a first for me. Aside from the quickness of the confession it was a good solid first episode.

reading the comments I am hopeful it won't just be a drama based anime with lots of lewd scenes and cheap cliches.... here's to hoping! look forward to the next episode for sure
Dec 30, 2018 3:44 PM

Feb 2014
That escalated quickly from "I can't love anyone" to "I think I love you"

There wasn't a gradual build up nor any reason for that feeling. It just happened out of the blue.

Even though I do really like yuri I can't help but confess that it bothered me =(
TechOtakuDec 30, 2018 3:50 PM
Dec 31, 2018 12:50 AM

May 2017
I've seen people online Express a kind of disappointment that Yuu didn't turn out asexual, but I'm interested in how this works out. She's most definitely ace, but Touko may be an exception. Very interesting.
Jan 13, 2019 3:59 AM

Nov 2018
Kinda' disappointed they established the romance in the first episode. Hope it gets better.
Jan 20, 2019 6:54 PM
Dec 2016
At first start, it seems like Citrus in the first episode.
But good animation though
Jan 25, 2019 5:22 PM

Sep 2011
Huh, that was a midly surprising start, not what I would have expected. Seems promising so far.
Jan 30, 2019 6:54 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I would like to thank Jordon Hemann for the subtitles! Without him, I would have been mostly lost. Other than that, I am along for what appears to be a smooth ride.
Jan 31, 2019 3:37 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, really nice start.. and those shoujo-ai vibes all over over the place! Seems like nice new attempt on Sono Hanabira x Marimite type of show.

I like how there are also boys around in this type of show

But I would also kinda like to see more of that teasing attitude from Koito that she shared with the boy that confessed to her - so far she is very shy, unlike to what she was at middle school.

I didn't quite liked the fact that Touko seemingy fallen in love so fast but I guess it have to do with Koito's approach to soluting things, we shall see.
Feb 25, 2019 9:52 PM

Jun 2015
its the first episode but im already in love with touko
Mar 7, 2019 6:15 AM
Jan 2018
guren-san123 said:
Kinda' disappointed they established the romance in the first episode. Hope it gets better.

What romance . Its one sided
Mar 15, 2019 5:21 PM

May 2012
That sure was quite the interesting start, a specific Yuri/Slice of Life/School anime this could get quite interesting. Looking forwards actually to see how things will turn out and what kind of a story this anime will show us.
Jun 3, 2019 4:45 AM

Sep 2012
Mattinator95 said:
guren-san123 said:

well ur blind

and it wouln't be first that starts this way, its obvious this 2 end up as a couple, so stil romance
Jun 3, 2019 4:47 AM

Sep 2012
Enigma-kun said:
At first start, it seems like Citrus in the first episode.
But good animation though

one differance second main is serious and in citrus second main just wanted to shut the mains mouth up
Jun 3, 2019 4:50 AM

Sep 2012
Vi- said:
That escalated quickly from "I can't love anyone" to "I think I love you"

There wasn't a gradual build up nor any reason for that feeling. It just happened out of the blue.

Even though I do really like yuri I can't help but confess that it bothered me =(

well love sometimes hits u out of nowhare so it makes perfect sense

randompadley said:
so from memory I don't believe I have watched any Yuri based anime so this is a first for me. Aside from the quickness of the confession it was a good solid first episode.

reading the comments I am hopeful it won't just be a drama based anime with lots of lewd scenes and cheap cliches.... here's to hoping! look forward to the next episode for sure

if u don't mind melodrama then i know 1 good yuri 24ep or 26 strawberrypanick
Sugram22Jun 3, 2019 4:53 AM
Jun 3, 2019 5:08 AM
Jan 2018
Sugram22 said:
Mattinator95 said:

well ur blind

and it wouln't be first that starts this way, its obvious this 2 end up as a couple, so stil romance

Its still one sided even if /when it leads to romance
Mattinator95Jun 3, 2019 5:13 AM
Jul 30, 2019 4:51 PM

Jul 2016
I liked that one scene where the animators put Koito under a sea and the waves blew her friends' desks away from her. I think it shows how she feels distanced from them and how because of the "water" surrounding her that not everything gets through to her friends.

I'm kinda surprised why Nanami fell in love with Koito so soon... I hope she'll say why in the next episode or 2.
Sep 24, 2019 5:08 AM

Dec 2013
I think this is not bad at all. I like the aesthetic and I could see a potential for to finish this. Both MC doesn't irk me and I can somehow relate with Yuu. I am curious of what will happen in the next episodes even involving the other characters

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Oct 25, 2019 9:59 AM

Feb 2019
Amazing first episode. The animation is just superb. The lighting, composition, atmosphere, and vibrant colours; all beautiful. That first-person scene was also interesting, something that I don't see done much. And it felt pretty natural and looked pretty good too.

Music was pretty good as well, along with the voice acting. I think I'm going to love this show. Really excited to see more!
Nov 17, 2019 1:44 PM
Nov 2019
FuMomo-kun said:

The protagonist didn't feel anything for guys, even though she wanted to love. That made her think of herself as a strange person. Since I am gay, I can definitely relate to that feeling.

YES, I was thinking the same thing!
In middle school my friends would talk about the boys they like, and I just felt like a weirdo since I never felt that. This was such a great description of this feeling I used to have.
Dec 4, 2019 11:03 AM
Dec 2019
Me sorprende ver comentarios negativos de hace al menos 1 año de emisión. Diciendo que se habían hecho otra expectativa...
Este es un hermoso anime Yuri, de dos pibitas que -Nanami y Yuu-. Ella tampoco lo sabía o no lo sentía hasta que conoció a Yuu. A Yuu le pasa algo parecido y es que no siente atracción o interés por los demás. Así se va desarrollando esta amistad, conociéndose cada una a su manera.
Feb 12, 2020 4:39 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
So I read the manga quite awhile ago, and then stopped when I caught up with the release, and have stopped reading since then, was enjoyable, but I never really understood why people were rating it soo high, even when it was sitting around 8.31, even so, less now, BUT
I must say, I loved this first episode way more than I ever enjoyed it when I read the manga.

Somehow this adaptation managed to convey way more to me, the characters felt more expressive and real, figure that out.
Won't mind at all if this adaptation changes my mind, eager to see how they adapted the rest now.
Apr 23, 2020 5:42 AM

May 2017
Its quite boring...just a story about 2 girl love. Espected some otaku thing to come

But with all that drama insode her brain it will be hard 😓 6/10
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jun 13, 2021 5:44 PM

Jan 2021
The first episode wasn’t too bad. I actually kinda like it.
I usually don’t watch yuri or gl since I have trouble finding good ones. But this one so far looks good.
Jun 19, 2021 2:57 AM

Feb 2020
It was a good start. I really like the animation. It's very pretty.

Touko and Yuu are cute together. <3
Sep 13, 2021 11:37 PM
Jul 2021
Nice and refreshing episode but, I think they're falling for each other a little too fast
Jan 31, 2022 12:25 AM

May 2020
so i guess show over? she confessed episode 1?
Nov 26, 2022 8:07 PM

Oct 2022
This felt pretty relaxing to watch, and the visuals are really good.

I enjoyed how down to earth the characters felt, and how Koito was trying to deal with her inner turmoil about responding to the confession.
Dec 27, 2022 12:26 PM
Dec 2022
Shows unusual real emotions by confused women and it needs recognition. I don't mean confused as in wrong thoughts but as in "I've never felt this before. Let me know what it is".
Jan 15, 2023 5:44 AM
Jan 2022
bit fast to say theyre falling in love but its cute
Jan 28, 2023 2:27 AM
Jan 2023
It was very interesting!
Jan 30, 2023 6:09 PM

Jun 2014
Touko comes across to me as the sort of person whose words could make anyone feel better. She's honest and sincere, and Yuu appreciates that, but does Yuu share Touko's feelings?

Jan 31, 2023 5:33 AM
Aug 2012
>be nanami
>met kouhai chan literally 3 days ago
>"i think im falling in love with you"

ok.....
Mar 7, 2023 6:27 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I'd been putting this off for a while but I'm glad I just went for it spur of the moment. Plus the dub was rock solid for pretty much the whole cast, very down to earth voices here.

Yuu first opening line actually almost made me tear up a little with how relatable it felt and just her entire persona in general feels crazy similar to my own. The ocean visuals of her feeling out of her depth were really good, especially the one in the classroom seperating her with her friends.

The soundtrack was pleasently slow and the visuals have a nice pop to the scenes where it needs it and muted in others to really pop the contrast.

I actually got pretty emotional when Yuu admited she hadn't floated on air and when Touko held her hand on the phone. Maybe I just haven't had a good anime like this in a long while. Shounen rotting my brain. TYPICAL.

And even with the ending of Touko falling for Yuu, Yuu is still a bit empty. I'm hyped for this development!
Apr 1, 2023 11:22 PM
Aug 2021
bro this lezbian anime 10/10

Jun 7, 2023 4:12 AM
Jan 2021
I thot it w<s so good i cried five times and my hart bating so fast!!!!!!!!!!!! i love lesbians and cheesy noodles and lesbian sex!!!!!!!!! plug plug plug
Aug 18, 2023 4:36 PM
Jul 2023
Right off the bat. Just right off the bat? They've known each other for, what? A day? And right away Nanami is falling in love? This anime has a high rating so I'll keep watching but the development is way faster than I was expecting and that's my bad. Sasaki to Miyano ruined other anime like this for me I guess. The build up is what gets to me. Head first with no explanation is just...boring.
Fingers crossed it gets better.
Aug 29, 2023 12:12 PM
Jan 2018
Taneeshak2 said:
Right off the bat. Just right off the bat? They've known each other for, what? A day? And right away Nanami is falling in love? This anime has a high rating so I'll keep watching but the development is way faster than I was expecting and that's my bad. Sasaki to Miyano ruined other anime like this for me I guess. The build up is what gets to me. Head first with no explanation is just...boring.

2 problems about this anime,That what you mentioned about how quick it happened And the end(sorry but it should not of ended that way) i still believe the anime is top tier
All the characters are great
But those 2 things would of made it amazing
Aug 29, 2023 9:07 PM
Jul 2023
Dave-1988 said:
Taneeshak2 said:

2 problems about this anime,That what you mentioned about how quick it happened And the end(sorry but it should not of ended that way) i still believe the anime is top tier
All the characters are great
But those 2 things would of made it amazing

I haven't seen the end and likely won't.
Sep 6, 2023 8:12 AM
Sep 2023
I'm totally in love with this series already. Two girls struggling to find their definition of love, while hopelessly crushing on one another? I can't wait to see what's in store for me.
Sep 11, 2023 7:55 AM
Sep 2021
burik, mending lgsg buat anak
Sep 21, 2023 7:31 PM

Dec 2014
ah I've just ended Citrus and alreaby started this one! im on a Yuri spree and lovin it!
Love... hurts... so...
Dec 2, 2023 9:35 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Rude, rejecting him over the phone

also I feel weird that the first episode is somewhat reminiscent of Citrus, mc sees the tall brunette having a "moment". Hmmmm

Well, let's see if my mind can be swayed
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Dec 3, 2023 8:19 PM
Nov 2020
lol rip my guy who waited a whole month for a reply. Anyways, interesting 1st episode indeed.
Mar 24, 6:04 PM
Jan 2024
I thought it was a good intro!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

247 by Shirokanz »»
May 18, 1:07 PM

» Romances On A Similar Level To Bloom Into You?

Enderobot - May 2

10 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
May 4, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

112 by oDaw1 »»
May 3, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2018

89 by CeliaOffcial »»
Jan 22, 3:05 AM

» anime or manga

kotosugu - Oct 12, 2023

17 by Atsunome »»
Jan 10, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.