Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 1, 2017 8:06 AM
May 2011
T27 said:
Another anime where a black man looks like a gorilla with huge lips smh... I know the Japanese don't encounter black people very often but damn. It would only take you 30 seconds on google to figure out that the great majority of black people don't look like that. Anyway the episode was okay. I'm not sure how I feel about the direction the show is going tbh but we'll see what happens.

DON'T HATE ME..... BOSS'S ORDERS....
Its funny that you bring this up because in japan they see this and think "oh how diverse" since this is really how they view those of african backgrounds.

when i went to japan i got stared down in every train and street i took. alot of folks called me "obama" and younger folks wanted to take pictures and such with me :V :V :V
Sep 1, 2017 8:34 AM

Jan 2011
MareepYay said:
T27 said:
Another anime where a black man looks like a gorilla with huge lips smh... I know the Japanese don't encounter black people very often but damn. It would only take you 30 seconds on google to figure out that the great majority of black people don't look like that. Anyway the episode was okay. I'm not sure how I feel about the direction the show is going tbh but we'll see what happens.

YES. Thank you. As if you'd think they wouldn't be this ignorant by now...

I'm not surprised, they a very homogeneous culture whose interactions with other races are very low. Majority of what the everyday people of Japan and many other east Asian countries understand are what westerns countries say about other races either directly or through entertainment. They weren't shamed into being covert racists like here in the United states or Germany (on a national level at least) and there aren't enough of other races/ not a high enough concentration of a particular group to force "change" there. All I see from Albert is to be the embodiment of intimidation and strength (sound familiar) and utter obedience (interesting) the obvious use of only English implies foreigner (likely from the US) is the salt on the wound. I'm glad he has little screen time. Still can't get over that scene from FMP Fumofu which conveniently stylized them as conveniently dark and gorilla reminiscent (the English dub didn't even try to steer away from that. Even had the audacity to attribute the endangerment of gorillas as a result of a genocide in an African country (Rwanda) that was very recent at the time.
Sep 1, 2017 12:58 PM
Sep 2015
b1051211 said:
T27 said:

Its funny that you bring this up because in japan they see this and think "oh how diverse" since this is really how they view those of african backgrounds.

when i went to japan i got stared down in every train and street i took. alot of folks called me "obama" and younger folks wanted to take pictures and such with me :V :V :V
Yeah I don't know if they think it's still 1840 and we're still taking orders from mastah or they just wanted the guys character to be extremely obident and it had nothing to do with race (Lol I'm 99% sure it's race related though). And I don't know how I would of handle people constantly wanting to take pictures of me and comparing me to the only black person they know.
Sep 1, 2017 1:26 PM
Aug 2017
So no one gonna ask why does Horikita keep rubbing her right arm?
Sep 1, 2017 2:29 PM

Feb 2008
The play was incredibly awkward... The performance in the audience completely stole the show, though. I definitely have to commend Ayanokouji, I wouldn't dare to grab a teacher dressed like that. It seems it will only get more interesting from now on.

The narcissist bastard was glorious as well.
Sep 1, 2017 4:01 PM

Jun 2007
T27 said:
Another anime where a black man looks like a gorilla with huge lips smh...

Oh yeah. i hate this shit! japan you gotta stop
loved how a black guy was portrayed in the second season of chihayafuru! he looked very cute, kind and delicate.
see you, space cowperson . . .
Sep 1, 2017 7:05 PM

May 2014
-Trippwire- said:
Anyone else have immersion-breaking moments watching this show? You know, when you actually start considering what's going on and think, "wow, this whole scenario is utterly ridiculous."

That's basically all the show until now. Every situation, no matter how insignificant it may be, pretends that must be taken so seriously that ended up being ridiculous and cringy.

Also, is cute how much people think that reveal part of the past of a character is character development. lol
Sep 1, 2017 7:15 PM

Jul 2016
Decent setup for the next episode's survival test, though we got that much unnecessary fan(man)service. Kushida showed again her hostile side, though this time it looks like she's showing some loneliness, I really want to know more why she acts that way.
Sep 1, 2017 7:34 PM

Jan 2011
T27 said:
b1051211 said:

Yeah I don't know if they think it's still 1840 and we're still taking orders from mastah or they just wanted the guys character to be extremely obident and it had nothing to do with race (Lol I'm 99% sure it's race related though). And I don't know how I would of handle people constantly wanting to take pictures of me and comparing me to the only black person they know.

Nah, I hear this is common place around the world for us still. Many parts of Europe most of asia, south America, their either racist or affected by the offshoots such as fear of failure by connection (blood appearance etc.) or colorism
Sep 1, 2017 7:53 PM
Jun 2016
This episode was an improvement and Sakura is waifu!
Sep 2, 2017 3:38 AM
Apr 2017

At least Koi to Uso give me a heart touching in ep 8 and Netsuzou Trap is kinda fun.
I enjoy nothing from this show, which make it my personal worst this season.
Smartphone I kinda expected, so just try to use it to waste my time, but I had some expectation for this show...
Sep 2, 2017 6:59 AM
Jun 2015
My Guess is that the Drama made by Class-C is just an ACT and our dear Horikita just took the Bait.
I'm waiting for Ayanokoji's "time to shine" scene.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2017 7:22 AM

Dec 2015
wtf with this logic???
Just because someone call the scholl to expel ayanokoji doesn't mean they can accept the request. If only kicking someone from school easy like that i would try to kick all of my friends from my school too.
Sorry for my bad English

Humans see what they want to see
Sep 2, 2017 9:06 AM

Jan 2017
Apple_BS said:

At least Koi to Uso give me a heart touching in ep 8 and Netsuzou Trap is kinda fun.
I enjoy nothing from this show, which make it my personal worst this season.
Smartphone I kinda expected, so just try to use it to waste my time, but I had some expectation for this show...

This season is nothing special but I'm enjoying quite a couple of the shows like Made in Abyss, Welcome to the Ballroom, Isekai Shokudou, Gamers, Fate/Apocrypha(although it's not being as good as I thought it would be it's still a cool show)

I personally am enjoying Youkoso Jitsuryoku(even wih the changes they made) but I understand and respect your opinion of not liking it, after all we all have different tastes when it comes to entertainment.

Netsuzou Trap is pure trash for me, I can't enjoy that show no matter how hard I try. Smartphone is bad but it's the case that it's so horrible that it becomes funny and is a good watch to relax and give some laughs, Koi to Uso has an interesting concept but I'm not liking the execution.
Sep 2, 2017 12:09 PM
Mar 2016
Looks it's Hunger games from here.

So the Teacher is blackmailing Ayonokoji to go for Class A , and he's very pissed, he should have given her a bitch slapped.

Oh boy why would theos 3 loser would even wanna go for those hot girls, like Sudo who would obviously get dissed by Suzune?
Sep 2, 2017 2:40 PM
Jul 2016
Mia01 said:
Horikita was touching her arm every scene she was in, I thought it was really weird... did she get hurt or something? Or maybe it's just my imagination?

I noticed that too. And it doesn't feel like an habit cause she didn't do that in previous episodes, but who knows... she might have allergies or something.
Sep 2, 2017 2:46 PM
Jul 2016
Holmes15 said:
That black bodyguard deserves his own show.

"Bad Boy"
"Boss's Orders"
"That's enough"

LMAO! 😂 For some reason, I'm laughing so hard at your comment.
Sep 2, 2017 9:31 PM
Jan 2011
The teacher implied he wouldn't have freedom if expelled.I wonder about his parents.
Sep 2, 2017 10:38 PM

Sep 2015
this episode felt like it was all over the place with random scenes and shots like borderline filler. guess they wanted to build up the tension and not start the survival test mid-episode. Still.... Survival test for a school? Odd to say the least.
Sep 2, 2017 11:57 PM

Oct 2016
What even is this show? The last 2 episodes really went off the rails. Now they are off on a tangent having some Chunnin exam arc. The scene where Ayanakoji is blackmailed to attempt to climb to class A was great. Also, we got to see some more of Kushida's split personality. Other than that, zzz... I wish this show would just stick to the dramatic tension-filled scenes rather than spewing out fan service and attempted comedy.
Sep 3, 2017 12:34 AM
Apr 2015
Anime-onlys are losing their minds.

Relax, we are back to regular programming, and from the pace, the studio plans to do Volume 3 justice (though of course, fingers crossed).

Sep 3, 2017 1:54 AM

Oct 2008
cruiser-boat episode...nothing really happened...
3/5.

Sep 3, 2017 4:45 AM

Jul 2015
Ayyy survival test sounds fun so I look forward to that. This episode was way better than that pool one.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 4, 2017 1:05 PM
Feb 2009
2 fanservice episodes
wtfwtfwtfwtf
Sep 4, 2017 2:04 PM

Sep 2015
Oh boy. More fan service I don't care about. And more teasing that goes nowhere. Of the actual plot and characters that I do kind of care about. I don't rate shows until I finish them. But if we get through these twelve episodes. And they still haven't explained what either Ayanokoji or Kushida's deal is. I'm giving this show a very harsh rating. For wasting my fucking time. But hey if they actually spend the next episode having these characters Lord of the Flies each other. And not just showing off all their titty monsters in swimsuits now in a tropical setting. That'd be a solid start.
Sep 5, 2017 1:18 AM

Mar 2012
Tried reading up on the LN a bit. Was honestly surprised at how much inner monologue Ayanokoji has compared to the anime, and there's already a lot of his inner monologue in the anime compared to regular anime MCs.

It's usually not a problem for inner monologue to be cut, but in this case, Ayanokoji's flat expression at all times in the anime makes him seem rather emotionless. Plus all his inner dialogue is focused on calming dealing with the situation before him. Compare that to the LN, where in the first chapter he was actually panicking when he introduced himself because he was eager to make friends...and lots of other examples (like Ayanokoji being moved by Kushida's smile even after seeing her "alternate personality"), then you see widely diverging images/impressions of Ayanokoji from anime vs. LN.

I'm curious what led them to present this image of Ayanokoji in sharp deviation from the LN, but for the time being I'll just enjoy this series then go to the source material later on to see what the author really intended.
Sep 5, 2017 5:53 AM

May 2016
These last two episodes have been very unusual to me. I'm getting worried at this point as to how this series will go, especially if this only lasts 12 episodes (adaptions these days really need to make more than 12 episodes...).
Sep 5, 2017 2:30 PM
Jun 2016
Btw. what the hell is up with the ratings? I know the sort of thing doesn't matter much on this site, but this was so noticeable to me. Earlier today it was still on 7.99, but then it suddenly lowered to 7.87 a few hours later, then it suddenly jumped up to 8.10 a few hours later, and now it's back to 7.99. lol Make up your minds, guys.
Sep 7, 2017 2:44 AM

Nov 2015
Sep 8, 2017 2:08 AM

Dec 2012
Danganronpa begins!

Sep 9, 2017 11:19 AM

Jul 2009
Again girls using bikinis...
Ryuen is interesting, I wonder what he is up to...
Sep 9, 2017 8:29 PM

Aug 2017
Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e becomes my dissapointing anime of this season. The plot had potential and the early episodes are so good but the forced fanservices, poorly executed and some boring characters bugs me. It went downhill so fast. Suddenly we are in the sea, the plot is so fast now after the last episode. I don't like it.
NurguburuSep 9, 2017 8:40 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 11, 2017 6:13 AM

Jun 2016
Holy shit. A quote from one of my fave great books, The Divine Comedy. Yas yaaas yaaaaas! :D

I feel like that Class D homeroom teacher and Ayanokouji had a history, history like they've known each other because there's no way he's gonna threatening grab her like that. I wonder who sent the school that message, though. Honestly, who the fuck are you Ayanokouji? Lol.

Now they're on a cruise and there's fanservice yet again, but it's bearable. Lmao.

The three comic relief strikes again. Haha. Ike's goal is to call Kushida in her first name? Haha cutesy. Jesus. Meanwhile, Sodou likes Horikita or Suzune. Lmao. Them screaming and repeating Sakura, Horikita, and Kushida's first names. I can't I can't. I love these boys so much. Pffft!

Goddamnit that massage part was too much. I was watching this in our living room's TV, maaan. Calm down, fanservice!

Class C's class representative, Ryueen, is an asshole, huh? It's like the class C and A are filled with assholes and bitches who think so highly of themselves. Lmao.

Omfg Sakura likes Ayanokouji. Omg. Omg. It's so cute. :3 I SHIP THEM. WAAAH.

Goddamnit, Kushida, I didn't miss that OTHER SIDE of yours. :/ I really like you, girl. You're still my best girl. D:

I wonder what their special test is gonna be about. Here I go, episode 9!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 15, 2017 3:42 PM

Dec 2016
What's the point of all this? Like seriously?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 16, 2017 1:56 PM

Sep 2013
Sensei has her own goals as she forces Ayanokouji to aim for the top or get thrown out.
Cruise ship ride leads to a survival island test.
Sep 19, 2017 3:47 AM
May 2017
"a four-star restaurant" ? this show was written by a 12-year-old retard for 12-year-old retards.
Sep 22, 2017 12:32 AM

Jan 2016
Dunno what happened to the LN but damn a teacher blackmailing a student is a wtf moment.
Sep 24, 2017 10:35 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode, nothing major happening recently.
Nov 10, 2017 3:24 PM

May 2012
Well that was pretty interesting, really looking forwards for the next episode.
Jan 21, 2018 8:02 PM

Apr 2012
Horikita kept scratching her right arm this ep hope that has meaning n not pointless
Aug 23, 2018 8:35 AM

May 2016
Right after a pool episode came a cruise episode that wasn't that much cramped with fanservice but had some particularly naughty ones added in as well. B-sensei oughta get more full-body massages~

We got to know someone's out to get Kiyotaka to the point of getting blackmailed by Chabashira to actually put in an effort in class, Kikyo showed her dark side again, and Katsuragi was introduced to Class D for the first time. We also got to find out that Ike has a crush on Kikyo, Sudo likes Horikita, that other guy likes Airi while Airi likes Kiyotaka.

With that trip of luxury came a price and that price is an all-expense paid trip to survive in a deserted island for a week. Maybe it'll turn out like one of those survival reality shows.

Sep 14, 2018 7:09 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I am now envisioning Lord of the Flies coming up. With this episode, I think my Best Girl Award goes to...........Sae Chabashira. She has looked out for her bunch of misfits in a behind the scenes way. Props to her! Meanwhile, Albert, who is looking like a WWE wrestler, is getting his one line in.... Let's go.
Dec 24, 2018 2:04 AM

Mar 2016
I really like it when Souda and the other guys actually get along. Wow, he's actually into Horikita, can't say I'm surprised though after 'all she did'.

This show actually has a bit of harem aspect to it, it's more visible as the episode goes by. Sakura is definitely into Ayano and Kushida (Both of her personalities) is also into him. But her threat still stands so she's still a bitch. [Horikita X Ayanokouji[/b] is what I want to see, even if it won't happen anytime soon.

Ayanokouji briefly smiled again when meeting with Kushida in the morning!

Wow... A survival test on an island!?
Jul 13, 2019 7:05 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was kinda boring,but enjoyable
Although,I'm wondering about this survival test.
Sep 23, 2019 1:38 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty boring episode apart from Kushida showing her true self again for a short time. Also Class A and C certainly don't look like students, especially that black dude lol
Oct 20, 2019 8:08 AM

Mar 2015
Lel now it's an island survival anime!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 4, 2020 2:52 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Boat episode now, but the next episode seems to be more interesting on the island
Aug 19, 2020 4:04 PM

May 2020
In that EP we can se some of Kushieda real face, some bullshit of C - Class, and the real deal for this desert island.
Oct 26, 2020 7:13 PM

Jul 2020
Ok, that survival game thing seems interesting.

Still, too much fan service ಠ_ಠ
Jan 4, 2021 7:38 AM
May 2020
good episode but I've never heard of a black guy called albert till now. lol
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

527 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 16, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

211 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

171 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2017

335 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 9, 10:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.